Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted!

+23
VivaStPauli
Red Alert
ioilersrock448
S
Kingofeverythingclassy
Cotes
Ion Creanga
DeviAngel
ELO
Arquitecto
aleumdance
Tomwin Lannister
Luca
Bellabong
GenBlizkin
Forza
7amood11
Onyx
Vlad the Impaler
The Messiah
free_cat
Highburied
rwo power
27 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted! - Page 5 Empty Re: Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted!

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Meh; you've been acting like you know about German football for years, and you still don't know anything.

We're all equals here. :coffee:

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted! - Page 5 Empty Re: Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted!

Post by la bestia negra Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:25 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Meh; you've been acting like you know about German football for years, and you still don't know anything.

We're all equals here. :coffee:
:bow:
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:28 pm

The Messiah wrote:Now everybody acting like they know about German football, typical of glory hunters.

I am hardly a fan of German football but it would be a great achievement from them if they surpass the PL in the Co-Efficient charts in the coming years.

And there's nothing to 'know about' in here..I'm just acknowledging their efforts in Europe so far.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Surag wrote:
The Messiah wrote:Now everybody acting like they know about German football, typical of glory hunters.

I am hardly a fan of German football but it would be a great achievement from them if they surpass the PL in the Co-Efficient charts in the coming years.

And there's nothing to 'know about' in here..I'm just acknowledging their efforts in Europe so far.

ehh dont take him seriously
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Italian clubs did not do well enough in any European competition consistently enough to warrant keeping 4 spots. The German clubs did and so have earned it.

I see nothing wrong with that.

If Italy want that 4th spot back, they need to earn it back. This sense of entitlement is ridiculous honestly. You can't suck in the CL and not take the EL seriously and expect to magically get the 4th spot back.

I know the EL sucks monetarily, but if Italy want that 4th spot back they need to at least show it more respect than they have been. Play for the sake of winning something and not for the money ffs.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Always that 'they don't take the EL seriously' , come on ...

Those clubs are just not able to perform in 2 competitions simoultan so they concentrate on the league and not the EL. But if they could and had enough depth they would also try to win the EL.

It's just no easy to perform in two competitions like you saw with Dortmund last year.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:39 pm

It's also hugely based on luck, TBH, they're knockout tournaments. Sure, if you come last in your group, you probably suck. But any club can just catch a bad day and go out in the round of 16 already.

Just look at Inter, when they still had a decent squad, getting smashed to pieces by Schalke. Or Dortmund last season, playing well in 6 matches, and still losing or drawing all of them, lol.

Germany are riding the strong phase of both Schalke and Dortmund, and Bayern having spent big for a couple seasons in a row again is showing as well, I hope Juve do make it back big, this season. And albeit I really don't like them that much, it's a bit of a pity that both Milan clubs have been a disappointment.

We'll see what happens, but as it looks now, the EPL isn't really that much of a frightening hurdle for Bundesliga clubs. Sure, ManU would probably still smash Schalke to bits, but they might lose on a bad day. And Dortmund and Bayern honestly need to fear no team. Sure, both of them might lose, they might even go out early, but that happens even to Real and Barca occasionally. It's a matter of daily form and luck.

The long haul is what's interesting to me. How are Schalke and Dortmund going to spend all that sweet, sweet UCL cash?

And finally: the Europa League. There you really see the drop in quality from 2nd or 3rd place to 4th and below in pretty much all leagues. The matches are hugely entertaining, but for the most part you can see why those clubs don't play in the Champion's League...

BTW, why did I go on that rant?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:10 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:Always that 'they don't take the EL seriously' , come on ...

Those clubs are just not able to perform in 2 competitions simoultan so they concentrate on the league and not the EL. But if they could and had enough depth they would also try to win the EL.

It's just no easy to perform in two competitions like you saw with Dortmund last year.

Has more to do with priority and motivation. Italian sides traditionally have always favored the scudetto race over all other competitions, but it didn't stop Milan from winning the CL in 05 and it didn't stop Inter from winning in '10. That proves that when properly motivated, an Italian side can easily juggle the burden of 2 or more competitions.

It's a matter of them choosing not to right now, especially with regards to the EL. There is no incentive and therefore, no motivation. What pisses me off is that my fellow Serie A fans still think these clubs deserve a 4th spot despite this.

Like I said, until Italy is ready to take European competitions seriously, they don't deserve a 4th spot. It's of better use to leagues that actually care enough about them to fight for them.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:33 pm

millan won in 05 huh
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:17 pm

McLewis wrote:
BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:Always that 'they don't take the EL seriously' , come on ...

Has more to do with priority and motivation. Italian sides traditionally have always favored the scudetto race over all other competitions, but it didn't stop Milan from winning the CL in 05 and it didn't stop Inter from winning in '10. That proves that when properly motivated, an Italian side can easily juggle the burden of 2 or more competitions.

It's a matter of them choosing not to right now, especially with regards to the EL. There is no incentive and therefore, no motivation. What pisses me off is that my fellow Serie A fans still think these clubs deserve a 4th spot despite this.

They do take the Europe competitions serious, but they just suck or don't have enough quality to play 2 matches in 3-4 days at 100%. Therefore they have to bring bench players who don't have enough skill.

Like I said, until Italy is ready to take European competitions seriously, they don't deserve a 4th spot. It's of better use to leagues that actually care enough about them to fight for them.

That didn't prove proper motivation but it proved good quality. If there is not enough quality and experience than you suck that's it.

BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:28 pm

stop talking about quality... Bundesliga is ahead of Serie A in terms of coefficient first time in the history.. First win a CL, beat Italy's national team and than we're talking about quality difference between Italy and Germany.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:36 pm

tuddor wrote:stop talking about quality... Bundesliga is ahead of Serie A in terms of coefficient first time in the history.. First win a CL, beat Italy's national team and than we're talking about quality difference between Italy and Germany.

a CL will come soon

the national team will be defeated with or without joggi
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:42 pm

we'll see.. I'd love to see Dortmund and Bayern winning CL rather than Madrid, Barcelona
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:45 pm

tuddor wrote:stop talking about quality... Bundesliga is ahead of Serie A in terms of coefficient first time in the history.. First win a CL, beat Italy's national team and than we're talking about quality difference between Italy and Germany.

I think its time to stop living in the past and be ready to accept reality.

And the reality is Bundesliga's rival now is the EPL whilst Serie A's rival now is Ligue 1 as far as the co-efficient table is concerned.

Last edited by Surag on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:45 pm

I don't disagree , but i do not like to talk about the past, we live right now. and right now the Bundesliga has more quality than the Serie A.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Surag wrote:

I think its time to stop living in the past and be ready to accept reality.

And the reality is Bundesliga's rival now is the EPL whilst Serie A's rival now is Ligue 1 as far as the co-efficient table is concerned.
Our rival is not Ligue 1, nor Bundesliga.. This co-efficient table means nothing.. Winning something means more.. And Inter, Milan won UCL more recently than german teams... And still Italian players have better quality than germans(see Euro 2012)
The present is not bad at all... Except Milan downfall(who will be back very soon) we can see Juve, Inter, Fiorentina and Napoli better than last year and Italy's NT being 2nd to spain only
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:29 pm

2 months ago I was about the only bundesliga fan along with Rwo Power debating this.

it's not that I am not pleased to lay back and watch you people debate this and act like you now respect bundesliga.

More is to come, just wait lets Schalke 04 Huubs build a dominant team, you guys don't know what Schalke 04 is about to offer with that amount of upcoming talent growing and integrating together. I am scared.

Dortmund are not close to their best, they are still growing and building. I hope they get to semi final this season, that's enough money to buy another Reus and a back-up Striker and of course attract bigger names.

As for Bayern, this is just the beginning, I don't even know if there will be any need to sign another player this December but I hope we do nevertheless.

Only thing missing in Bundesliga right now is the emergence of another team, I really want 1860 Munchen to be that 4th team but, oh well' that is rather impossible, Leverkusen is most likely to step up.

If I may add must Viva have to attack me in every post...? But I like him, I may not say much about my bundesliga but I love that league so much.

I was rolling over the flow when Dortmund dominated Madrid and I screamed in Joy when Schalke 04 scored that volley in their last cpl.

There is no one single bigger bundesliga fan in the world than me.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:32 pm

It's not an outburst the German clubs are having..

Bundesliga has had a meteoric rise in quality over the last 5-6 years and this is the result of their progressive work and the careful path they ve chosen to take years ago with their books. The 10' decade in European football will have German clubs written all over it .

As for Serie A , can't see significant change until certain things are realised .. Unless teams begin building their own stadiums and putting their own mark in football like the German clubs are doing , especialy in the Europa League , things won't change soon.

When you see a team like Napoli , making the qualification to the next round of EL a 'derby' , what do people expect . Napoli should be one of the candidates for the Europa League , not acting like this is the Intertoto Cup.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Lets just take FC Porto's last 5 years in Europe into account in regards to the CL.

2008-09-Quarter Finalists
2009-10-Last 16
2010-11-Did not participate
2011-12-Group Stages
2012-13-Last 16

And yet they are a Pot 1 team.This year they dint make it past the group stage again but somehow they'll manage to make it to Pot 1 again next year.I'm just not going to be ever convinced by this system.
(Also Chelsea last year had a higher co-efficient than the Champions league semi-finalists Madrid and Barca).
Bonus points are barely making the difference to suggest there is enough disparity between EL and CL points system.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5