Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted!

+23
VivaStPauli
Red Alert
ioilersrock448
S
Kingofeverythingclassy
Cotes
Ion Creanga
DeviAngel
ELO
Arquitecto
aleumdance
Tomwin Lannister
Luca
Bellabong
GenBlizkin
Forza
7amood11
Onyx
Vlad the Impaler
The Messiah
free_cat
Highburied
rwo power
27 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted! - Page 2 Empty Re: Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted!

Post by Luca Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Phritz wrote:wasn't it Schalke that beat an Inter that defeated Bayern

No, that team, following Mourinho's departure, was a completely different side
But clutch more straws why don't you

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted! - Page 2 Empty Re: Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted!

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:28 pm

@rwo power And why are the Serie A teams that avoided cowardly to meet the BL teams?Why not viceversa? Twisted Evil
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:38 pm

vlafy wrote:@rwo power And why are the Serie A teams that avoided cowardly to meet the BL teams?Why not viceversa? Twisted Evil
Because I was first to claim it, and I'm a BL fan Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:09 pm

rwo power wrote:
vlafy wrote:@rwo power And why are the Serie A teams that avoided cowardly to meet the BL teams?Why not viceversa? Twisted Evil
Because I was first to claim it, and I'm a BL fan Razz

I believe that German teams are more recommended to run away from Italian teams if we look at the statistics.Maybe Bayern Munich have positive stats against Italian teams.Even when it comes about national teams, Germany always had problems with Italy.

Razz
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Well, it is more the NT, I'd say. The clubs lately weren't too bad against Italian opposition. But just you wait, our NT will win against Italy, too, in due time!!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:21 pm

The Messiah wrote:
vlafy wrote:Italian teams didn't really care about EL.Maybe now they will be more careful in EL too.

BTW, in my opinion, first 6 teams in Italy are better than first 6 from Germany (except Bayern Munich).AC Milan, even if they are weaker than last season...would kill Dortmund in UCL Shocked .

:facepalm:

Schalke 04 would destroy this current AC Milan, even Leverkusen will bring them down.

Bayern and Dortmund are better than Juventus, I think maybe only Juventus is better than Schalke 04 otherwise the first 3 teams in Bundesliga will easily smash Seria A

Milan beat shalke in pre-season. I know it's only pre-season but nothing on the pitch really indicated that there was a big difference in quality. I imagine they're evenly matched and I don't think Milan with few injuries would have trouble dispatching leverkusen.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Since 2000/01, the last German CL win, Serie A teams have won the CL 3 times. Yet, in that same space of time, the Buli has overtaken Serie A in the rankings.

:coffee:

why don't you talk about when it mattered most from the start of 2007/08 when Serie A teams turned $hit in UCL and had to rely on inter to keep them afloat( Inter were hated that season)
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Well, today Germany had two wins and Italy one draw in the CL...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:08 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, today Germany had two wins and Italy one draw in the CL...

but rwo, how woudl Italia have 2 wins when they are only allowed 3 teams Smile
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:32 pm

aleumdance wrote:
rwo power wrote:Well, today Germany had two wins and Italy one draw in the CL...
but rwo, how woudl Italia have 2 wins when they are only allowed 3 teams Smile
Well, Germany was in that place for many seasons while Italy was still 3rd in the UEFA ranking and we were 4th. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:41 pm

This thread isn't convincing anyone. The points table shown was just an amalgamated mess of comedy where some clubs shouldn't be below/ahead of others. No myth busted and Bundesliga being so ahead is still a joke.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Arquitecto wrote:This thread isn't convincing anyone. The points table shown was just an amalgamated mess of comedy where some clubs shouldn't be below/ahead of others. No myth busted and Bundesliga being so ahead is still a joke.

on what basic is it a joke, you know the rules and if the rules you hold on to brought Italy to this and Germany to this height, then of what use are your rules.

2 wins in 2, deal with it.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:53 pm

The Messiah wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:This thread isn't convincing anyone. The points table shown was just an amalgamated mess of comedy where some clubs shouldn't be below/ahead of others. No myth busted and Bundesliga being so ahead is still a joke.

on what basic is it a joke, you know the rules and if the rules you hold on to brought Italy to this and Germany to this height, then of what use are your rules.

You know I can't bother arguing with you. You know, the guy who changes his opinions like water molecules sliding over each other. They guy who calls Gustavo the greatest DM in the world. Or the guy who said BL teams would smash Serie A teams even though Milan and Napoli beat Bayern and Schalke in pre season. (Circumstantial)

Bring your debates when you aren't high of paint.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

You know I can't bother arguing with you. You know, the guy who changes his opinions like water molecules sliding over each other. They guy who calls Gustavo the greatest DM in the world. Or the guy who said BL teams would smash Serie A teams even though Milan and Napoli beat Bayern and Schalke in pre season. (Circumstantial)

You don't have to get abusive.

Bundesliga is performing better than Seria A, irrespective of what you and I think.

There are rules, those rules are there for a reason and Bundesliga club have followed it and happened to be better than Seria A, otherwise they won't have 4spot.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:04 pm

The Messiah wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

You don't have to get abusive.

Bundesliga is performing better than Seria A, irrespective of what you and I think.

There are rules, those rules are there for a reason and Bundesliga club have followed it and happened to be better than Seria A, otherwise they won't have 4spot.

Bundesliga as a whole has been performing very well yet the sheer gap that is suggested between Serie A and the BL is just ludicrous considering aside from Bayern no one else has really been a threat AT ALL in the past 10 years. EL is the reason since it offers the same amount of co-efficient point as CL despite it paying chump change and offering little incentive to compete. Which is why Italian teams (wrongly) play their B squads and neglect the competition. Yet there is nowhere near enough substantial evidence to suggest BL is "stronger" than Serie A and especially by the ridiculous margin. BL is catching up to La Liga at an alarming rate despite La Liga doing well by a MILE in both EL and CL.

Its what you called a fuzzy logic fallacy. Such a point system is criticized by many many pundits and analysts alike.

And if your wondering, I couldn't care less about Serie A coefficient.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:07 pm

I am simply going to follow what Uefa think, you can stay here and argue as much as you like.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:12 pm

The Messiah wrote:I am simply going to follow what Uefa think, you can stay here and argue as much as you like.

You are simply not following what UEFA thinks. Yet maybe if you tried to process some of UEFA's wave after wave of blunder then we could have said you think for yourself instead of "following what UEFA thinks"
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
The Messiah wrote:I am simply going to follow what Uefa think, you can stay here and argue as much as you like.

You are simply not following what UEFA thinks. Yet maybe if you tried to process some of UEFA's wave after wave of blunder then we could have said you think for yourself instead of "following what UEFA thinks"

Yes I agree, you have won, soon Uefa will come to goallegacy read this your intelligent debate and then award 4 spot to Italy, pat yourself on the back.

Last edited by The Messiah on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:17 pm

The Messiah wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Yes I agree, you have won, soon Uefa will come to goallegacy read this your intelligent debate and then award 4 spot to Italy, pat yourself in the back.

If you question my motives and reason of debating UEFA's decisions then all your endeavour of posting in this forum is completely futile with that petulant logic.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Yes I agree, you have won, soon Uefa will come to goallegacy read this your intelligent debate and then award 4 spot to Italy, pat yourself in the back.

If you question my motives and reason of debating UEFA's decisions then all your endeavour of posting in this forum is completely futile with that petulant logic.

Yes I agree Italian teams don't take Europa league seriously and they are suffering the consequences, I also agree that Schalke didn't get to semi final 2 season ago in expense of the current holder as of then.

I totally understand what you mean, when you say Seria A should have 4 spot and Germany should be awarded 3 spot, the reason why I agree with you is because I consider myself to be outlaw and I hate to live by the rules, I prefer If I can argue my way to the top, instead of following the normal logic.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:33 pm

The Messiah wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Yes I agree Italian teams don't take Europa league seriously and they are suffering the consequences, I also agree that Schalke didn't get to semi final 2 season ago in expense of the current holder as of then.

I totally understand what you mean, when you say Seria A should have 4 spot and Germany should be awarded 3 spot, the reason why I agree with you is because I consider myself to be outlaw and I hate to live by the rules, I prefer If I can argue my way to the top, instead of following the normal logic.

I wouldn't call it logic but more the fuzzy logical error of points distribution.

Fact is Germany 100% deserves to be ahead based on them exploiting the system very very well. They had an opportunity and they snared it. I just personally don't think it viable to see think in such a gap between Italia and catching up to the top 2 leagues at this rate. Italian's suffered because their arrogance towards the EL has cost them and only now they have realized that.

I don't feel as strongly about this as I am portraying here but I simply don't agree with some of its algorithms.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:41 pm

I agree that all logic are not fully understood.

Seria A, might need to become less arrogant and lets see if they can reclaim anything.

Currently I think maybe only Juvetus team is comparable to Dortmund and better than Schalke.

Juventus aside, Dortmund, Bayern and Schalke got a better team than all Seria team.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:42 am

Arquitecto wrote:

Fact is Germany 100% deserves to be ahead based on them exploiting the system very very well. They had an opportunity and they snared it.

thats a ridiculous way to look at it imo. German teams just play to win in all competetions like it's supposed to be in football.

Also it's almost impossible for germany to surpass spain in the next few years since spain collected WAY more points inthe last two seasons.
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:59 am

*cough* Fiorentina - BM *cough*
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:41 am

Arquitecto wrote:Its what you called a fuzzy logic fallacy. Such a point system is criticized by many many pundits and analysts alike.
It always depends on which pundits you listen to, I guess.

Yesterday, the mighty Peter Neururer proclaimed on TV in a football talk that obviously the Bundesliga is the strongest league of them all and a match like Stoke vs Bolton is at best 2nd BL quality :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:49 pm

The Messiah wrote:I agree that all logic are not fully understood.

Seria A, might need to become less arrogant and lets see if they can reclaim anything.

Currently I think maybe only Juventus team is comparable to Dortmund and better than Schalke.

Juventus aside, Dortmund, Bayern and Schalke got a better team than all Seria team.

So according to your opinion, Schalke must win their group (they can also 'destroy' AC Milan, ohh wait this wasn't an arrogance, this is the truth, so why not Schalke could win the UCL? Smile ) Dortmund has to qualify, also Leverkusen, Stuttgart and Hannover must win their groups if they are so capable to beat all the teams from Serie A.They are the best teams in the world, wtf!? Twisted Evil Why am i that shocked? affraid

rwo power wrote:Yesterday, the mighty Peter Neururer proclaimed on TV in a football talk that obviously the Bundesliga is the strongest league of them all and a match like Stoke vs Bolton is at best 2nd BL quality

Let's forget about Serie A or EPL.People from GL, listen to me!Go and watch BL! Now you have a good reason Wink.

Try to respect people and their feelings.It is foolish and worth a naive kid (blah) to say such things about teams from Serie A, Bundesliga or Premier League and you can't even know what will happen in future and you can't judge correctly what happened in the past.

Don't forget, you will be treated in the same way that you treat others.Everytime things will backfire on you, that's why I'm not rushing to make ridiculous comparisons without even having some filters to do it.

I'll tell you, some people don't even get it, but you really want to prove something there, unfortunately you won't have a chance to prove something.As you can see, all Serie A, EPL, La Liga fans don't even care right now if you say that BL is the best league.No offense, I just realised that by reading some posts on this forum.

I expect more from you (rwo power and The Messiah) and that's exactly because I know you and what you are capable of.You can do better.Respect from a Man United fan Wink.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next