Die Borussen
urbaNRoots
Highburied
Casciavit
juventus101
68 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Chelsea - Juventus: CL Group Stage - Page 8 Empty Re: Chelsea - Juventus: CL Group Stage

Post by Juveman17 20/11/2012, 23:13

Abramovich wrote:Shit happens, luck wasn't with us today and better team in the end won.

2 deflections in the end were the goals that killed us, so I can't complain a huge load it was always going to be a tough ask especially when we don't have a striker and the only one capable of possibly doing the role gets injured and ruled out before the game.

I consider Chelsea out of the CL right now, but at least there's a glimmer of hope.

Rossonero23 wrote:good win.

juve/shaktar should agree to a draw.

Why do you support one of your greatest rivals? scratch

He doesn't. This is his usual post when we win.

" JUVE LADRI SCUM *bleep* SCUM CHEATER LADRI".

Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Chelsea - Juventus: CL Group Stage - Page 8 Empty Re: Chelsea - Juventus: CL Group Stage

Post by The Messiah 20/11/2012, 23:16

Abramovich wrote:Shit happens, luck wasn't with us today and better team in the end won.

2 deflections in the end were the goals that killed us, so I can't complain a huge load it was always going to be a tough ask especially when we don't have a striker and the only one capable of possibly doing the role gets injured and ruled out before the game.

I consider Chelsea out of the CL right now, but at least there's a glimmer of hope.

You hope is really low, Chances are comparable Heskey becoming world best..
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 20/11/2012, 23:16

...i'm a good person, therefore, i cannot support a club like juve.

they killed chelsea though...
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James 20/11/2012, 23:16

I don't understand playing without a striker? Dafuq?

Chelsea needed a result and Di Matteo doesn't use the classic goal getting position.. :facepalm:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett 20/11/2012, 23:18

At least I won my bet with Arq Chelsea - Juventus: CL Group Stage - Page 8 Respect-057
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett 20/11/2012, 23:19

Swagg wrote:I don't understand playing without a striker? Dafuq?

Chelsea needed a result and Di Matteo doesn't use the classic goal getting position.. :facepalm:
Sturridge would've started but he got injured and Torres has been shit for the past 7-9 games and he was shit tonight as well when he came on. Can't fault Di Matteo for trying something different.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich 20/11/2012, 23:22

Rossonero23 wrote:

Hmmm weird, if it was me as a Milan fan and Man Utd or someone were in Juve's position I would want them out.

Then again this place is strange with your kumar singhs that support madrid supporting Barca in the CL banana
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 20/11/2012, 23:25

Serie A fans unite :bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto 20/11/2012, 23:27

I'm actually pleasantly surprised. Frankly I expected Chelsea to hold their shape with their defensive 5-3-2 (cum 4-2-3-1) as where I saw their plan be thwarted when Azpulicueta was taken off thus the shape was out of form since Lichtstiener exploited that new space completely. RDM's 5-3-2 reminded me of what Kenny Dalglish tried vs Ancelotti's Chelsea yet he didn't realize that the CBs don't have the discipline to hold the position while the midfield just was out of their depth vs Juve's MVP.

Fact is if anything Chelsea played a pure 4-2-3-1 after their initial shape was lost where interestingly Hazard played a False 9 role but didn't give any effectiveness since he dropped out wide so many times which gave Lichtsteiner an easy time vs him similar to the 1st leg at the Bridge. Therefore Chelsea obviously lost their reference point while Sacrificing space on the flank just to congest midfield vs Juve's mid. Initially it worked as Pirlo was caused to drop deep by Oscar's tenacity but increasingly as Vidal took control and Marchisio pressed with and with the ball, Chelsea lost not only the midfield battle but lost it within the wide areas vs Juve's Fullbacks.

It looked increasingly that Chelsea would fail to score as the first goal was just inevitable. At this point Chelsea continued to lose their shape since Ramires refused to battle Vidal and opted for between the lines off the ball running which was useless given Juve possessed the ball far more in the midfield battle. So essentially this thwarted all chances of an effective Chelsea counter-attack.

Mata was simply thwarted out by Vidal repeatedly especially in the 2nd half where he picked up (after a tame 1st) while Marchisio repeatedly was blazing past Chelsea down the middle thus creating most of Juve's chances (wasted by weak shots by most). Seeing Vidal and Marchisio work together in tandem is truly a sight to behold as in this match they interchanged between roles in anchoring and attacking similar to Valentino Mazzola and Grezar for Torino pre Superga. Essentially it allowed Pirlo more space to invert the midfield in attack and create wide open space for Lichtsteiner and Asamoah. Speaking of the wingbacks, it was almost criminal given how much space they exploited from Chelsea.

Frankly if not for Juventus' wastefulness to shoot on sight rather then create the potential open chances I wouldn't be surprised if it was a higher scoreline. Up front Vucinic did excellent to hold the ball and create space yet was ultimately wasteful and could not find chemistry with Qualiarella. If anything a striker like Matri (if on form) would have theoretically worked given his ability to exploit spaces better as evidenced last year.

2nd half was little to talk about as it just was all Juventus while Cheillini also gave his trade in his signature runs while not even sacrificing any space. Bonnuci arguably was the best of the back line as in typical fashion pressed high and helped Juve form a stronger midfield with his impressive ability to pass and distribute. It was initially worrying to see how high of a line Juventus had especially given the length of their wingbacks but it paid off in the end and caused Chelsea to lose any shape they had.

My MOTM? I agree that it was balanced but the best of the bunch have to be, Pirlo, Marchisio, Bonnuci and Lichtsteiner. Others may say Vidal or Cheillini but Marchisio for me was MOTM and was just if not more effective then he was in the 1st leg vs Chelsea.

I honestly did not expect a side lead by Alessio to cause such a massacre.

As for my prediction please ignore that as it was only a fun prediction, I only said Juve would be knocked out nonetheless because Chelsea would destroy Nordsjaelland at the Bridge while Juventus would lose to Shaktar at the mighty Don Bass. If anyone remembers I said Juventus would probably win vs Chelsea in the Juve Arena but the Don Bass fixture would be their downfall. Mostly because their last match is their most difficult while Chelsea's will be their easiest.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso 20/11/2012, 23:29

I have to say, it would be quite hilarious if Chelsea bought Falcao and they won EL
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett 20/11/2012, 23:33

Looking for a good sig for you, Arq banana
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto 20/11/2012, 23:37

Blue Barrett wrote:Looking for a good sig for you, Arq banana

Bring it on me brotha. You deserve some form of solace today Sad
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra 20/11/2012, 23:47

Ganso wrote:I have to say, it would be quite hilarious if Chelsea bought Falcao and they won EL

isnt he cuptied
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades 20/11/2012, 23:53

Abramovich wrote:
Rossonero23 wrote:

Hmmm weird, if it was me as a Milan fan and Man Utd or someone were in Juve's position I would want them out.

Then again this place is strange with your kumar singhs that support madrid supporting Barca in the CL banana

just stop with those stupid stereotypes , your time will be better spent introspecting your team's not so great performance and subsequent europa league campaign
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister 20/11/2012, 23:56

Great game, going to have to kill a myth though, Quags goal was not lucky nor was it a deflection. He looked at the ball all the way, then stuck his foot out. Reaction goal, no luck.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga 20/11/2012, 23:58

TomJuve wrote:Great game, going to have to kill a myth though, Quags goal was not lucky nor was it a deflection. He looked at the ball all the way, then stuck his foot out. Reaction goal, no luck.

He did the same vs Lazio remember... But that time Marchetti had a fabulous reflex
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister 21/11/2012, 00:01

Yeah we all thought it was a deflection from the live angle fair enough. But if a man follows the ball with his head and eyes then sticks his foot out half a foot then no it isn't a deflection. The commentary team were trying to discredit it so badly.

And yeah I remember that but Marchetti put in another top class showing against us. Mad
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca 21/11/2012, 00:02

TomJuve wrote:Yeah we all thought it was a deflection from the live angle fair enough. But if a man follows the ball with his head and eyes then sticks his foot out half a foot then no it isn't a deflection. The commentary team were trying to discredit it so badly.

And yeah I remember that but Marchetti put in another top class showing against us. Mad

Deflection isn't the right term, re-direction is
As in it was an intended play, rather than the ball striking him and then going in

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister 21/11/2012, 00:05

Yeah, a goal that was 100% on purpose. It's an intelligent move switching a fast moving ball it really leaves the keeper with bad odds. They're out of balance and can't get a strong hand on it.

Anybody who seen the replays and is still calling it a deflection is obviously trying to reassure themselves that sheer luck was the only reason Juve won Razz
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr 21/11/2012, 00:08

Really starting to like 3-5-2. Italian tacticians have gave birth to a modernised classic. It is not without its flaws, it needs to be said, but the wide men give this formation plenty of dynamics in attack as well as defence than conventional formations. The two-strikers line-up is my favourite though, because it requires the old-school link-up play and back-to-goal strikers. Not to mention that given a good midfield, a 3-5-2 formation can hold a big share of possession as well.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso 21/11/2012, 00:14

What do you think are the flaws of the 3-5-2 juve play?I think it's pretty amazing, the main issue is the quality of the strikers but that isn't a tactical problem
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister 21/11/2012, 00:17

Hopefully this game has killed the ancient greek myths and legends that playing a few small tricky players in a line of 3 against a 3-5-2 is the ultimate counter.

If you use 3-5-2 well like Juventus do then it's a brilliant formation.

But to do that you need seriously athletic wing backs to cope with being doubled up on and to make it a back 5 and a front 4 when appropriate.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca 21/11/2012, 01:39

Ganso wrote:What do you think are the flaws of the 3-5-2 juve play?I think it's pretty amazing, the main issue is the quality of the strikers but that isn't a tactical problem

The two biggest flaws can be the attack and the wingbacks
But with Asamoah and Lichtsteiner, then Caceres and Isla as well that doesn't seem to a problem this season

The attack, well no words need to be said

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise 21/11/2012, 01:47

I feel the flaws are, like we saw against Fiorentina...if there is a lack of imagination in the final third then you will force the wingbacks to overcommit to the attack and once they do that there will be space to exploit.

Juve to a good job not overcommiting them and add on some decent pressure and high line, but a few times it was broke in the first half and caused some problems.

Just like the 352, the same problems exist.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel 21/11/2012, 01:51

It will be hard in SD but you all forget one thing .. THE KING WILL BE ON OUR BENCH !

Chelsea - Juventus: CL Group Stage - Page 8 Antonio-Conte-the-Juventu-008
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner 21/11/2012, 02:06

Chelsea - Juventus: CL Group Stage - Page 8 -images-a-arsenal_juventus

Make it happen please. :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next