messixaviesta
ChollaVille
Khaled
49 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Gerard Deulofeu - Page 10 Empty Re: Gerard Deulofeu

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Except I have.What's even worse than his shit finishing is he rRely gets into those positions.

vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:17 pm

No, you haven't or you wouldn't say he has a shitty finish. He scored 18 goals in 20ish games in segunda and I can assure you his finishing was far from shit. There's no footballer that scores all clear chances.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:35 pm

danyjr wrote:He's an awful prospect. I rather coach someone with half his talent but one that gives his all than someone with so called "potential" and so much selfishness and indifference.

Don't get me wrong, there are selfish players in the world which get away with it. Such as Cristiano or Robben but their class allows them be selfish because they don't miss chance after chance like Deulofeu.

Personally if I were his coach I'd bench him for at least a month. He clearly plays for himself and you could see Everton players were losing patience with him.
You do know that there was a time when C.Ronaldo and Robben were not as good as they are today, but still were just as selfish as Deulofeu, right?

Even Messi was like that. IIRC, the only difference between Deulofeu's attitude with a young Messi, is the arrogance. But that streak of selfishness, doesn't help in defence and sometimes tries to do everything by himself was a couple of Messi's problem as a kid. Infact, he got criticized by Maradona(who said that sometimes it looks like Messi thinks that he plays for FC Messi) and Cruyff because of that. Messi himself admitted that Ronaldinho once took him to the side and adviced him to be less selfish and use his teammates.

vivabarca38 wrote:Deulofeu:
Great agility,Good dribbling,Shit finishing,Decent passing,Shit strength,Shit attitude and doesnt run at all.Sorry not convinced.
Shit strenght? What? Against stoke he could have won countless of fouls in dangerous position but he stayed on his feet. He was even commended on that by the MOTM commentators.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:28 pm

harhar11 wrote:You do know that there was a time when C.Ronaldo and Robben were not as good as they are today, but still were just as selfish as Deulofeu, right?
No I don't Laughing

harhar11 wrote:Even Messi was like that. IIRC, the only difference between Deulofeu's attitude with a young Messi, is the arrogance. But that streak of selfishness, doesn't help in defence and sometimes tries to do everything by himself was a couple of Messi's problem as a kid. Infact, he got criticized by Maradona(who said that sometimes it looks like Messi thinks that he plays for FC Messi) and Cruyff because of that. Messi himself admitted that Ronaldinho once took him to the side and adviced him to be less selfish and use his teammates.
I'm sorry but let's not compare one of the greatest players in history of football with some scrub only deluded Barcelona fans think he's a top talent. Messi was never as selfish as Deulofeu, and even if he was, he was never as arrogant. In fact when he was young he was much more shy than he is now.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:08 pm

danyjr wrote:No I don't Laughing
C.Ronaldo was categorized as a showpony without end product, who would always try to do everything by himself and frustrate the sh#t out of fans when he was a teenager. Sounds familiar?

Do I need to say anything about Robben's selfishness?

danyjr wrote:
I'm sorry but let's not compare one of the greatest players in history of football with some scrub only deluded Barcelona fans think he's a top talent. Messi was never as selfish as Deulofeu, and even if he was, he was never as arrogant. In fact when he was young he was much more shy than he is now.
Deulofeu will never become as good as Messi, simply because he is not as talented. But Messi was selfish or atleast a huuuuge ballhog, sometimes he still is.

And I already said that Messi was never arrogant. I even said that that's the difference between Messi and Deulofeu. But that doesn't mean that he wasn't a ballhog or selfish. Maradona, Cruyff and even Ronaldinho told messi that he should not always try to take a player on and that he should use his teammates more.

Bro, it's not only Barca fans that thinks that Deulofeu is a huge talent. For example, most in Spain agrees that Deulofeu is the best u20 spanish player, he was even named the best player at the u19 Euro's in 2012 while being 1 year younger than most, named the best player in the 2nd division in Spain like 3 days ago, and I was reading a couple of Everton forums this week and it seems that the everton fans think so aswell. This is a comment from a everton fan in a Barca forum regarding Deulofeu.

Spoiler:

Basically what we all have been saying. Great talent who can frustrate the fans because of his poor decision making, just like a young C.Ronaldo. He even mentions the Portuguese.

IIRC, aint you the one who has a problem admitting that some Masia players are talented or am I confusing you with someone else? But even then, to deny that a player who is so highly rated by a club like Barca, and clubs like Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd and even Real Madrid have all tried to poach him from the club since he was like 13 years old, who at 19 years old was named the best player in the 2nd divison in Spain and now, still a 19 year old, in his first game as a starter for Everton destroyed a team like Stoke, who almost every PL fans seems to think is the greatest defensive team in the history of the universe(remember that stoke myth?)!!!! To say that a player like that is an AWFUL prospect shows that you are either biased or, no offence, really ignorant about football.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 pm

2004-05: 44 goals
2005-06: 39 goals
2006-07: 58 goals
2007-08: 48 goals
2008-09: 68 goals

Edited

Cristiano is/was a show pony but calling him without end product shows you are either biased or, no offence, really ignorant about football.

Did you watch Deulofeu against United? Ignoring missing a one-on-one, failing to see his team mates and making wrong decisions, which were plenty, did you see him go for that glorious chip when Everton had plenty of players in good positions and failing miserably? Messi would never do that. Cristiano used to do that, and while I'm not encouraging this behaviour, he had goals that backed him up.

He might be more talented than the likes of Morata or Muniaín. But I prefer those down to earth players who work hard and sweat for their team.

Last edited by danyjr on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:00 am

Not intrested in the debate but, Cristiano's career started in 04?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:12 am

Where did you get those stats? According to this website the stats for C.ronaldo are as following.

Year       GS  SB   G    A
2003/04  23  16    6    4
2004-05  44  14    9    6
2005-06  39  10   12   7
2006-07  58   5   26    20
2007-08  48   3   43    8

GS = Games started, SB =  Used as substitute

As you can see, when C.Ronaldo was 19(2004-05) like Deulofeu is right now, he was only involved in 15 goals in 58 games, and he started in most of those games i.e more minutes. Where as Deulofeu this season has only played 12 games so far and has been involved in 4 goals, in which he only started in 3 games i.e less minutes(before the game against man utd, he had played 11 games but he had only played 457 minutes).

Considering the difference in game time between both players, there is not a huge difference. Infact, I would not be suprised if Deulofeu ends up scoring more than C.Ronaldo in the league(C.Ronaldo only scored 5 goals in 33 league games).

This is what a Man Utd fan in redcafe said about a C.ronaldo when he was younger/most wingers.

Well that's silly. Wingers frustrate, don't tell me they don't. Ronaldo never frustrated you? You maintained that sanguine world view every time he step-overed himself in to a dead-end? They get the ball in what are usually promising positions, we know they have the ability to do something special, they rarely do. That's frustrating. When given time to reflect, we'll take the moments of magic that they do come up with and agree that they make up for the other stuff but I still throw stuff at the television regularly enough.
Don't tell me that C.ronaldo at 19 years old had end product, when even the most die hard Man Utd fans say that he didn't.

And yes, Deulofeu frustrate fans with some of his decision, we all know that. None of us have been denying it. What we have been saying is that with age, decision making improves.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:36 am

I thought GS was Goals Scored not Games Started.

:facepalm:

Still though...
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:41 am

Well, I atleast proved to you that his end product as a 19 year old wasn't anything special. All that's left to do is to see if Deulofeu can improve in the same way as C.ronaldo did, which I as a Barca fan hopes that he does.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:51 am

For christ sake let me repeat it, HE'S 19.

I'm sorry he doesn't have the decision making and unselfishness of Xavi. He'll get better in time. But one thing the kid does have in abundance is talent.

No we can't predict the future and yes I believe his attitude needs to improve, but he's young yet.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:23 am

I agree with CBarca.. how are people going to judge a 19 year old who rarely plays, the guy given time and right coaching could be a good player in any team.
No one should be comparing him to Ronaldo or Messi least of all.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:12 am

I don't see how being 19 has anythinng to do with that after Martinez made a ballsy substitution at OT and brought out a fresh player to possibly give them the lead he was standing around while two feet from the ball while his teammates were working their asses off.Either it's down to shit coaching or he simply doesn't care to follow what he's supposed to do.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:51 pm

CBarca wrote:For christ sake let me repeat it, HE'S 19.

I'm sorry he doesn't have the decision making and unselfishness of Xavi. He'll get better in time. But one thing the kid does have in abundance is talent.

No we can't predict the future and yes I believe his attitude needs to improve, but he's young yet.
exactly!

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:19 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:I don't see how being 19 has anythinng to do with that after Martinez made a ballsy substitution at OT and brought out a fresh player to possibly give them the lead he was standing around while two feet from the ball while his teammates were working their asses off.Either it's down to shit coaching or he simply doesn't care to follow what he's supposed to do.
I saw deulofeu track back evra several times, so he wasn't lazy. I was actually pleasantly surprised with his attitude.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:14 pm

IIRC, Everton 2nd goal against Stoke came thanks to Deulofeu tracking back.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:35 pm

harhar11 wrote:Well, I atleast proved to you that his end product as a 19 year old wasn't anything special. All that's left to do is to see if Deulofeu can improve in the same way as C.ronaldo did, which I as a Barca fan hopes that he does.
We'll see I guess Wink
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:21 am

Because attitudes can be worked on...? Attitudes can be fixed?

Especially when you're 19 and you're hardly even mature yet.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:17 pm

just ignore danyjr about anything it has to do with our youth, or anything there is a general consensus among Barca fans. He has to come here and be the smart guy.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:03 pm

Has Danyjr ever said he was a Barca fan? out of curiosity I don't think I've ever seen one positive thing remotely said by him xD
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:53 pm

Well for a while he said he is not cheering for any team, he just likes some teams... that is until Arsenal started winning and he came out Very Happy
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:44 pm

"no end product", "awful prospect", "shitty finishing"  lol
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:55 pm

World class talent!!

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Great goal today vs Arsenal. I wanted Arsenal to win, but if anybody was to snag away points for them I'm glad it was one of our own.

He keeps playing like this and Tello is guaranteed gone in the summer.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:11 pm

http://giant.gfycat.com/ChiefOrneryGalago.gif

Gerard Deulofeu - Page 10 SAHOdGerard Deulofeu - Page 10 SAHOdGerard Deulofeu - Page 10 SAHOdGerard Deulofeu - Page 10 SAHOdGerard Deulofeu - Page 10 SAHOdGerard Deulofeu - Page 10 SAHOd
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:27 pm

windkick wrote:Great goal today vs Arsenal. I wanted Arsenal to win, but if anybody was to snag away points for them I'm glad it was one of our own.

He keeps playing like this and Tello is guaranteed gone in the summer.
Doens't he play on the right ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next