Die Borussen
Onyx
VivaStPauli
McAgger
Margera
53 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Borussia Dortmund appreciation thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Borussia Dortmund appreciation thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:56 pm

ynwa wrote:Mole, the Champions League always has been about tactics and how a team sets up. It always has been.

It's why you see the likes of Mancini struggle in the CL as he's not a great tactician despite having one of the better sides in the world.

Mourinho is arguably the best in the history of the game.
Havn't seen much of Barca this season, but it looks like Tito is just continuing Pep's system which has shown it works. [Correct me if I'm wrong]
If Chelsea end up coming out of the group, Rafa is one of the better tacticians in the world.
Carlo, despite doing poorly in Ligue 1, is also great as a tactician.

I can go on and on. But I do feel if you can stop Dortmund's ability on the ball and not give them much too much space that you will frustrate them as they don't really have a plan B.

Barca are just better than Dortmund tbf i doubt that will come down to tactics too much and i have watched Dortmund consistently over last couple of years and i'd argue Kloppo is no slouch in the tactics department.

I agree with the notion about CL tactics and how teams set up but Dortmund don't let teams play their pressing is immense and it's very difficult to stop the front 4 in full flow and the defence is great.

I just don't think tactical flaws will be their downfall..... rather a lack of depth and a selection of teams being simply better and quite frankly more experienced in the latter stages.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Borussia Dortmund appreciation thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Borussia Dortmund appreciation thread

Post by Die Borussen Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:01 am

considering how dortmund fared against madrid i actually think dortmund is the ideal team to face barca
they could actually beat them ( not by luck ) and im not happy saying this, i actually hate my self for doing it

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:03 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Barca are just better than Dortmund tbf i doubt that will come down to tactics too much and i have watched Dortmund consistently over last couple of years and i'd argue Kloppo is no slouch in the tactics department.

I agree with the notion about CL tactics and how teams set up but Dortmund don't let teams play their pressing is immense and it's very difficult to stop the front 4 in full flow and the defence is great.

I just don't think tactical flaws will be their downfall..... rather a lack of depth and a selection of teams being simply better and quite frankly more experienced in the latter stages.

Dortmund do have the more younger and hungrier team though. It's probably the only edge that they have over Barca, but what exactly did Chelsea have over Barca? It came down to Di Matteo putting full faith with a tactic to play with 10 men behind the ball and he was rewarded for it. [Poor choice of words considering the last 24 hours.]

You've probably seen much more of Klopp/Dortmund as I have, so I'll take your word for it.

I do feel that they will struggle against a side that has tactical awareness and a manager who has authority to dictate how the game is played ala Mou though. [I am aware Dortmund got two positive results against them in the group.] I've already mentioned inexperience. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:06 am

Klopp tactically >Mourinho also :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:12 am

Honestly this is where the underdog thing comes in, not many consider Dortmund as favourites to get really far.

For this reason i can't see many big teams putting 10 men in their own area and putting a wall in front of them.

Teams only do that when they know they are inferior from a pure footballing sense.

Barca won't do that, Bayern won't do that, Madrid won't do that ( the only time i have seen Mourinho's Madrid park the bus is against Barca)

Juventus won't do that either IMO, the only team that might would be Chelsea but it seems unlikely they would qualify.

Man Utd might actually but they might struggle with the midfield numbers.

We will see but as i said i don't think that will be their downfall.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:18 am

I'm not saying teams are going to use 10 men behind the ball against them, I was purely using that as an example. Although Dortmund may struggle to break teams down, I honestly don't know.

But I do believe the manager will come up on top. It's too early to say they'll win it though (not just for Dortmund, but for everybody) as the draw still hasn't been made and nobody knows who's playing who.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:25 am

If the defense would be better i would bet my life that Dortmund will win the CL this year.
ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:44 am

If Dortmund keep this up, they will easily reach the semi finals...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:15 am

Quarters for me .
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:06 am

If Madrid doesn't win, I'm hoping it'll be one of Schalke or Dortmund. Dortmund are a class act. Semis at the least for me. Favorable draw could see them winning it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:25 am

I don't think they have any chance to win the CL. I would gladly get them after the 1/8 finals.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:08 am

Don't have the depth of clubs like Real or City, but they have a chemistry that is probably only rivalled by Barca and maybe Juve. This shit can win you a UCL. But TBH I think it's still one season too early for the BVB.

One injury to a key player at the wrong time and they're out. They have a great squad, but to beat teams like Barca, Real, United, Bayern etc. they need both of Reus and Götze fit, and they could still be done in by Lewandowskis shitty finishing.

They are like this close though, so I wouldn't be surprised by them beating any team. Them beating all the teams in a row to lift the trophy - that'd still surprise me big time.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:39 am

Ninis wrote:if dortmund manages to qualify for the round of 16

i will change my name to idiot

thats how impossible its imo rofl
So are we doing this or not? albino
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Bayern gets disrespected for not winning the supposedly weak Bundesliga and yet Dortmund wins the group of champions with a game to spare :coffee:
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:10 pm

Bayern gets disrespected because "some" are claiming that they are the Best team in the world when they were not even the best in Germany.

It's not because people think Dortmund is weak.

Well that's how I saw it.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:14 pm

But then again those same people can not analyse football to save their life so what value does their opinion have? It's simply sensationalist attention-seeking and this forum seemingly buys it.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:21 pm

Can't you guys just put Messiah on ignore and start respecting Bayern again? They're a decent club. Razz
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:26 pm

If only an Admin or Moderator has that "Ignore" option. I would've used it for a lot of people lol.

But then again, how can you moderate if you don't see it.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:27 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Can't you guys just put Messiah on ignore and start respecting Bayern again? They're a decent club. Razz

Cannot happen. The hate has been ingrained like a megaloblastic fusion with marrow cells.

Idrio has gone damage beyond repair Sad

Although I would still support Bayern over Madrid.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:30 pm

I still want to see a Revierderby as CL final, just for the fun of it banana
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Messiah :bow:

#saveusidris
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:34 pm

Best in the world after Madrid and Barca IMO. Best in Germany no doubt.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:35 pm

rwo power wrote:I still want to see a Revierderby as CL final, just for the fun of it banana

The epicness of a UCL final Revierderby would be too much to bear, I'm afraid.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:36 pm

wtf is an revierderby?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:38 pm

The derby between Schalke 04 and Borussia Dortmund, the world's biggest derby. :X
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Sure it is, bet its big enough for noone to give a crap about.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next