Die Borussen
Onyx
VivaStPauli
McAgger
Margera
53 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Borussia Dortmund appreciation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Borussia Dortmund appreciation thread

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:25 pm

They did suck in the 2nd half though, I was trolling them in the chat for the entire 2nd 48 minutes.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Borussia Dortmund appreciation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Borussia Dortmund appreciation thread

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 pm

Potential wrote:Visionary club, have been in love with their project for a while now... A CL contenders now and probably winners within four years; best fans in the world tbh.

I wouldn't go that far as to say Dortmund fans are the best in the world... I'd juz say they have the best home crowd in the world.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:29 pm

I can get in that boat. I know too little about world wide fan movements to comment, but Dortmunds home crowd is only rivalled by Schalkes home crowd.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:29 pm

even if they should lose gündogan after this season, leitner is set to take over and he is prolly the most talented at 19 years of age inn comparison to gündogan and sahin.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 pm

still i dont see dortmund qualifing

madrid wins against ajax and loses against city at etihad
city beats madrid and dortmund
dortmund loses against city and ajax

madrid 10
city 8
dortmund 8
ajax 7

city qualifies due to the h2h rule

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:31 pm

True, and Perisic is there as well. But I doubt they'll lose any of their current crop. If they were them, I'd sell Lewandowski though. Or bench him.

Kid can't finish for shit, and I was even saying that last season when he was banging them in left and right. The Dortmund system does supply him almost perfectly, but Lewandowski is a shit finisher, they need someone better.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Ninis wrote:still i dont see dortmund qualifing

madrid 10
city 8
dortmund 8
ajax 7

That could happen.

But won't.

It would really make me hate that bullshit penalty City got though.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Ninis wrote:it was more of real madrid being bad than dortmund being good

Borussia Dortmund appreciation thread - Page 2 25q51dj

Madrid were bad, because Dortmund didn't let them play well.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:39 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:True, and Perisic is there as well. But I doubt they'll lose any of their current crop. If they were them, I'd sell Lewandowski though. Or bench him.

Kid can't finish for shit, and I was even saying that last season when he was banging them in left and right. The Dortmund system does supply him almost perfectly, but Lewandowski is a shit finisher, they need someone better.

they would do germany great service if they could turn schieber into a tall eto'o! considering his technique that might be a problem, but never say never Wink

other than that, reus will get a few admirers more after that goal. but i doubt he'll leave after just one year.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Ninis wrote:still i dont see dortmund qualifing

madrid 10
city 8
dortmund 8
ajax 7

You have to figure that Dortmund will get at least a draw against Ajax. You also have to think that Dortmund can get at least a point from City in Germany. I think they can top the group easily, leaving Madrid to sweat the draw with the thought of meeting Bayern or Man U.

Today they were wonderful but in the 2nd half they clearly just wanted to defend and leave Spain, but a point still looks nice.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:41 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:They weren't too impressive.

They just employed simple tactics to stop Real Madrid.

Madrid fans scratch

If Christina took that freekick we wouldn't be having this discussion because Dortmund would have won the game! Would end with another hit at the wall so show some respect!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Not necessarily, he could've also skyed it.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:other than that, reus will get a few admirers more after that goal. but i doubt he'll leave after just one year.

Of course he's not leaving. If he was looking for easy glory or money, he would've signed with Bayern. He's with Dortmund for the long haul.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Remember your bet if BVB qualify to the knockouts ? Very Happy
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Ignore the haters it's an appreciation thread so lets keep it so and don't feed the trolls.

Anyway i felt Dortmund made a mistake by sitting back too much too soon but it shouldn't matter too much as they should be getting the points they need to qualify and i'm sure they will.

I'm sure they will go far in this competition and quite frankly with the awesome fans, fantastic football and a club ran brilliantly and tbh it's how a club should be run they deserve it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:50 pm

Dortmund = good football? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Surag wrote:

Remember your bet if BVB qualify to the knockouts ? Very Happy
i trust city, they wont let me down, they'll beat us and dortmund eco smile

but still if dortmund qulifies ill honor the bet pale

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Anyway i felt Dortmund made a mistake by sitting back too much too soon but it shouldn't matter too much as they should be getting the points they need to qualify and i'm sure they will

Fully agree with this. Their defensive approach annoyed me to no end, but in the end it shouldn't matter.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:55 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Toffer Harley wrote:other than that, reus will get a few admirers more after that goal. but i doubt he'll leave after just one year.

Of course he's not leaving. If he was looking for easy glory or money, he would've signed with Bayern. He's with Dortmund for the long haul.

but next summer it would definitely be another story. last summer he knew that there wasn't really any space for him in bayern's lineup and a place on the bench or abroad would have resulted in a big setback for his whole career. going to dortmund was the reasonable choice at the time.

that being said, i'm sure he knows exactly how good he is and at what clubs he could comfortably start. his best bud götze surely has similar plans. this is not the deisler/schneider-"let's chill in germany forever" generation anymore. in interviews u also hear their admiration for guys like özil who made it big abroad. man city switches players like its nothing as it is, united will get rid of nani and other unexpected things might happen.... so u never know. yes, dortmund outperforms them now but these clubs won't stand still either. they will start their own projects and try to do something about it. and now, managers of such clubs should be fully aware of the fact that reus proposes great, great value for "just" 35 mill
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:12 pm

BVB :bow:

Probably couldn't find a reason to dislike them even if I was forced to :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:58 pm

@Toffer

On the other hand, the Dortmund boys could really make history and practically let Dortmund re-arise like Phoenix from the ashes. Dortmund are strong enough to get into the CL next time again, and many of the German young guns realize they can do great things by building a new Dortmund dynasty. As for Reus - he is a real Dortmund kid and his whole family living in Dortmund convinced him to sign there instead of Bayern.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:02 am

Also, Dortmund aren't in debt anymore, the new Bundesliga TV-deal means one high-profile signing per year per club anyway, and if they make it out of the group stage, they can give all their new signings a raise, and get like 2 to 5 good new signing in the summer, which will give them almost Bayern-like depth.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:07 am

Ah, let's make this the Dortmund fantasy thread, and let me tell you what I'd spend on:

1) Most money spent and most important: new proper striker. Dortmund need a clinical striker, so they can bench Lewandowski, who is neat at hold-up play, but a horrid finisher. Someone like Klose, but obviously younger. I don't know anyone though, to be honest. ^^

2) Kuba-backup/replacement, someone who can play on the flank Reus doesn't occupy, and is less direct than Reus, and better at crosses. Someone who will provide assists for Reus, Götze, and the new striker.

3) Bender-backup, a pure destroyer type DM, someone with intimidating physique and aggressive playstyle. All of Dortmunds DMs bar Bender are more the deep-lying playmaker kind of guys, Kehl does the occasional ncie tackle, but Gündogan, Leitner, and Perisic are all more the artists on the ball, than the proper assets to Dortmunds pressing.

Anything else would be gravy. Obviously one more FB would be good, with Owomoyela being old. Maybe an unproven #10 type playmaker that can rotate in and out of the system as an alternative to the very direct approach with Götze there. Though Leitner can probably do that.

They already have pretty good backups elsewhere, Leitner, Großkreutz, Perisic are all great, and Santana is probably the best CB to sit on any bench.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:12 am

@Viva

Dortmund sadly missed out on Samed Yesil as striker Sad
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:16 am

Yesil would have been boss. Mitchell Weiser and Emre Can would've had better chances of gathering experience there than they have at Bayern as well.

But, besides that they really only need 3 players to have every position good and well covered, that's actually a really great start to it all. I just think that they shouldn't be forced to rely on players like Kuba and Großkreutz. I like them both, their work rate is phenomenal, but they're probably the only two starters of Dortmund that wouldn't walk into most UCL-participating sides.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:24 am

Don't hate on Kuba, was Dortmund's best player before getting injured :coffee:

Looks like another player with a regular starting place.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next