Valkyrja
Ion Creanga
Gemini
Clockwork Orange
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

how good has Mata gotten? Empty how good has Mata gotten?

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:41 pm

sup guys,

how good do you think Mata has gotten this season?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

how good has Mata gotten? Empty Re: how good has Mata gotten?

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Mata is exactlyrhe same player he was in la liga. the difference is that in the primitive league, there is so much space between the lines that any clever forward and those from la liga with intelligence can exploit these spaces very easily with their vertical movement and appreciation of space.

If Lionel Messi went to the EPL, he would disgrace those players
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:03 pm

I think he's got better then Silva personally

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:06 pm

i see Mata as the best premier league attacking player.. That speed, passing, ball control, dribbling and effort is fabulous.. He is very dangerous when in posession.. I see him at the same level as Iniesta
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Castilla :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Gemini wrote:I think he's got better then Silva personally
It's more a case of Silva's been shitter since his injury
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:09 pm

tuddor wrote:I see him at the same level as Iniesta

Dude just chill.Ok.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:09 pm

I think he's good enough now to get a seat closer to Del Bosque on the Spain bench
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Surag wrote:

Dude just chill.Ok.

have you even watched mata this season? I've seen most of the chelsea games and he was making the difference so many times.. Him and Suarez impressed me the most from EPL this season
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Has Iniesta even been that great this season?

Inb4inignificantliganobnibblerscryingabouthowidontwatchenoughinsignificantliga
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:13 pm

tuddor wrote:
Surag wrote:

Dude just chill.Ok.

have you even watched mata this season? I've seen most of the chelsea games and he was making the difference so many times.. Him and Suarez impressed me the most from EPL this season

I agree with this fully Mata & Suarez have been a level above in the epl... Suarez being the best so far

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Mata has developed his game more in the past season and now you can notice the maturity he plays with. He is more composed and personally his play making skills have gone up a gear.

Been chelsea's best player in the league for 2 seasons running.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:20 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:Mata is exactlyrhe same player he was in la liga. the difference is that in the primitive league, there is so much space between the lines that any clever forward and those from la liga with intelligence can exploit these spaces very easily with their vertical movement and appreciation of space.

Messi played 7 games vs Chelsea and didn't score once, I doubt he would have the same goalscoring record he has at La Liga in the EPL.Not saying he would flop in England,I just dont think he would be scoring 50 goals a season
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Spain already have enough playmakers. :coffee:

Anyway I think Mata's improved.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Ganso wrote:
Messi played 7 games vs Chelsea and didn't score once, I doubt he would have the same goalscoring record he has at La Liga in the EPL.Not saying he would flop in England,I just dont think he would be scoring 50 goals a season

Clockwork Orange REALLY does not rate the PL at all. From his posts, i get a vibe from him that he rates the league on par with the Korean league or something, which is fine.. everyone has their own opinion, but I think it's a little over the top.

I definitely think Mata has improved at Chelsea. He was a great player before that, of course.. otherwise he wouldn't even be there. The thing is, he's been their best player this season imo and has been much SHARPER and deadlier than the last few seasons, including his last season with Valencia before the move to England.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Ganso wrote:
Clockwork Orange wrote:Mata is exactlyrhe same player he was in la liga. the difference is that in the primitive league, there is so much space between the lines that any clever forward and those from la liga with intelligence can exploit these spaces very easily with their vertical movement and appreciation of space.

then again he has been excellent against arsenal, united so you really cant say conclusively.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Kizu wrote:Castilla :bow:

Of Real Oviedo :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Mata has improved, yes.
Is he better than Iniesta? No.
Am I shocked Messi is some how in a thread that isn't relevant to him? No again.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:16 pm

He's still the same player but his decision making has improved which makes him a lot more effective.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:44 am

More attacking midfielders, paradigmatic shift in style ends up results in him playing a little close to goal. Torres dropping back and floating to the wings means he becomes perhaps the primary goal threat.

With that comes a natural development in finishing over time (though it's a role he assumed last season but he probably came into this season conceptualizing himself playing it)

More passing options, more people to pass to him, so he naturally looks better as a player. When they buy a new forward he will look a little bit better again.

But I think he's the same player he was at Valencia except more incisive and balanced, probably more acute finishing but that's the only development I've seen him make. He's become a little more comfortable through the center but I think that's because english defenses aren't compact and organized and like to leave spaces between the lines.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:16 am

RealGunner wrote:Mata has developed his game more in the past season and now you can notice the maturity he plays with. He is more composed and personally his play making skills have gone up a gear.

Been chelsea's best player in the league for 2 seasons running.
I agree. Mata has been class, and he's really evolved from the tricky, wide-player I wanted Liverpool to sign from Valencia. He's really become an attacking-midfield maestro.

With that said, I'm not convinced an in-form Mata is superior to an in-form Silva. (That's not even mentioning Iniesta...) He's good, but he's not exactly world class, yet. He could be "the face" of Chelsea in the future if he continues to develop and assert himself on matches.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:10 am

This is a perfect EPL fans overrate there own players and underrate La Liga thread.

If he was doing the same thing for Valencia right now none of you would rate him half as high as you do now. He was a very good player at Valencia but Silva and Villa were a class above and IMO if all of them are healthy and on form they still are a class above.

Also just because he's Chelsea's best offensive threat is that really anything to ride home about? Chelsea is a good TEAM but there offensive players are either young and still maturing or just are not on the same level as a Spanish International I guess Hazard could be argued although he caught most of his stats at the start of the season and has done nothing much of note in the CL.

I mean out of Oscar, Hazard, Torres, Moses, Malouda, and Sturridge I would hope he could be shinning the brightest RIGHT NOW. I really don't see any of them making the Spanish National team or being one of the best players in LA Liga so again it's the EPL overrating there league and players and underrating La Liga.

I do think in 2-3 years Oscar is going to be a beast and Hazard is a good prospect as well and with a front line of Oscar, Hazard, Mata, Falcao will be deadly but there's a reason they have to dip into La Liga again because there attack is begging for more talent.

With that being said I have 3 points to make.

1) Anyone who says Juan Mata is better then Iniesta should be thrown off the site. It's not even close.

2) All Mata is doing is the same as most of the La Liga transplants into the EPL, dominating. I don't know how you can judge how much better he's gotten as all of them dominate that league.

3)Rember for all of you who want to put La Liga down he was the third best player on the third best team and now he looks the best player in the EPL that should tell you something but I know it wont even make a dent.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:25 am

Mata has certainly improved in recent times. He is also capable of carrying this Chelsea team and IMO is better than Silva currently. Not better than Iniesta though.

He maybe playing alongside Oscar and Hazard but he still stands head and shoulders above both and will continue to do so while he is at Chelsea.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:36 am

I believe the major difference between the Juan Mata of last season and now is simply that he is surrounded by more intelligent and skilful attackers who are not only able to effectively combine with Mata in a manner that placing Malouda and Ramires on the wings could never permit, but also in ensuring that Mata can't possibly be the sole focus of an opposition hoping to shut Chelsea. He's thriving as the heart of the attack and has shown he has the personality to lead the trio, however it's difficult to make a comparison of his mental development given that in his previous team he was a compliment to Silva rather than the director of play. As for whether he's better than Silva himself, that's a matter for the end of the season after Silva's been able to play regularly after returning from injury and seeing how they're both able to lead their teams during crunch time.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 am

Well said dostoe. He's certainly turned more into a team player this season so I'm sure the more intelligent and skillful attackers is one of the major factors for that to happen. Chelsea fans; please don't misread that, I'm not saying he wasn't a teamplayer last season, I just feel he looks up more nowadays and executes the pass more efficient than he did last season because of spotting a player and seeing the movement of the likes of Hazard and Oscar etc.

There really should be no comparison with David Silva. Mata is the inferior player in every department when deployed in the middle of the pitch when in comparison to Silva. With that said, I do feel Juan is better on wing.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next