Valkyrja
Ion Creanga
Gemini
Clockwork Orange
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

how good has Mata gotten? - Page 2 Empty Re: how good has Mata gotten?

Post by Red Alert Fri 16 Nov - 10:31:33

Well said dostoe. He's certainly turned more into a team player this season so I'm sure the more intelligent and skillful attackers is one of the major factors for that to happen. Chelsea fans; please don't misread that, I'm not saying he wasn't a teamplayer last season, I just feel he looks up more nowadays and executes the pass more efficient than he did last season because of spotting a player and seeing the movement of the likes of Hazard and Oscar etc.

There really should be no comparison with David Silva. Mata is the inferior player in every department when deployed in the middle of the pitch when in comparison to Silva. With that said, I do feel Juan is better on wing.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri 16 Nov - 10:50:48

He was our best player last season. He is still our best player this season and he is easily a level above any other Chelsea player right now.

Comparisons, still too early to compare. But he is one of the best in the EPL right now and if anyone disagrees with that I dont know what to say.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 16 Nov - 20:49:42

I admit i am somewhere in the middle here. You can just tell he has matured as a player, he is getting better at being decisive for his team. But at the same time, you cant ignore that he is playing with much smarter players too, so he is able to showcase a wider range of his talent.

The comparison with Iniesta is laughable, but he can be compared to Silva and Cathorla. What he does better than those guys is scoring goals tho
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri 16 Nov - 21:00:45

MR Nick09, why is the comparison with iniesta laughable at the moment? I mean, both are two of the best in their position, mata has better speed, iniesta does better in close spaces, both have great vision, ball control and passing, not to mention mata's shots, who actually can score from free kick too... He was a monster this season with Chelsea, he also has the physical ability to make pressing better than iniesta (see tottenham game, where he absolutley dominated walker)..
Overall iniesta has more experience and played a lot more games at the highest level, but Mata is becoming a player who can reach his level.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 16 Nov - 21:11:44

because you can only compare their form at the moment and that's about it.

Iniesta has reached another realm in terms of his performances already, and i am accounting for all he has done.

when Mata plays at that level with more consistency, we will talk about it. But until then, lets keep that conversation away.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 16 Nov - 21:44:55

Mata is a right winger while Iniesta is a CM. Not sure why they're being compared.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri 16 Nov - 21:50:58

Yohan Modric wrote:Mata is a right winger while Iniesta is a CM. Not sure why they're being compared.

since when? I didnt know this...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri 16 Nov - 22:02:26

tuddor wrote:MR Nick09, why is the comparison with iniesta laughable at the moment? I mean, both are two of the best in their position, mata has better speed, iniesta does better in close spaces, both have great vision, ball control and passing, not to mention mata's shots, who actually can score from free kick too... He was a monster this season with Chelsea, he also has the physical ability to make pressing better than iniesta (see tottenham game, where he absolutley dominated walker)..
Overall iniesta has more experience and played a lot more games at the highest level, but Mata is becoming a player who can reach his level.

Well I guess I'll chime in here. First of all you didn't say Mata is becoming a player who can reach his level you said he is as good as Iniesta. Which is just wrong. And no he will never reach Iniesta's level.

Second, I think you may be forgetting that if Barca or Madrid wanted him they would have had him by now. They know how good he is and so does VDB and there is no team on the face of the earth that would pass up a shot at buying Iniesta for 25 million bucks.

Any scout or GM would kick Juan Mata of there team so fast it would make your head spin to get Iniesta. Let's put it this way When playing with Villa and Silva they were a class above Mata and still are. When comparing him to Iniesta there not a class apart there worlds apart.

I mean you do realize you are saying this when Iniesta just won UEFA's Best Player in Europe award for 2012, right?????

Third, if players like Silva, Mata, Torres, Cazorla, Arteta, Alonso etc can take the EPL by storm by running there teams midfield then why would you think Iniesta being thought of as a top 5 player in the world wouldn't do the exact same and just destroy the league to levels none of these players can achieve?

I think you're forgetting in the EPL there are only a couple players like him in the whole league so he stands out more in La Liga there are players with his types of skills all over the place.

Fourth, you should never judge Iniesta on stats. It's pretty much the biggest mistake you can make. Just because someone has better stats then Iniesta doesn't mean there even fit to carry his boots. HE is not judged that way as you can see by being named the best player in Europe by UEFA this year and twice making the final 3 of the Balon D'or voting.

Something IMO Juan Mata will never ever achieve. Does that clear it up?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri 16 Nov - 22:11:08

Iniesta and Mata shouldn't be compared because one is a much superior midfielder compared to the other
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri 16 Nov - 22:20:10

Instead of spending 40M for Modric, we could have had Mata for free, able to rotate with both Ozil and Di Maria Sad
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Fri 16 Nov - 22:30:29

Dnmac4 wrote:
tuddor wrote:MR Nick09, why is the comparison with iniesta laughable at the moment? I mean, both are two of the best in their position, mata has better speed, iniesta does better in close spaces, both have great vision, ball control and passing, not to mention mata's shots, who actually can score from free kick too... He was a monster this season with Chelsea, he also has the physical ability to make pressing better than iniesta (see tottenham game, where he absolutley dominated walker)..

Well I guess I'll chime in here. First of all you didn't say Mata is becoming a player who can reach his level you said he is as good as Iniesta. Which is just wrong. And no he will never reach Iniesta's level.

Second, I think you may be forgetting that if Barca or Madrid wanted him they would have had him by now. They know how good he is and so does VDB and there is no team on the face of the earth that would pass up a shot at buying Iniesta for 25 million bucks.

Any scout or GM would kick Juan Mata of there team so fast it would make your head spin to get Iniesta. Let's put it this way When playing with Villa and Silva they were a class above Mata and still are. When comparing him to Iniesta there not a class apart there worlds apart.

I mean you do realize you are saying this when Iniesta just won UEFA's Best Player in Europe award for 2012, right?????

Third, if players like Silva, Mata, Torres, Cazorla, Arteta, Alonso etc can take the EPL by storm by running there teams midfield then why would you think Iniesta being thought of as a top 5 player in the world wouldn't do the exact same and just destroy the league to levels none of these players can achieve?

I think you're forgetting in the EPL there are only a couple players like him in the whole league so he stands out more in La Liga there are players with his types of skills all over the place.

Fourth, you should never judge Iniesta on stats. It's pretty much the biggest mistake you can make. Just because someone has better stats then Iniesta doesn't mean there even fit to carry his boots. HE is not judged that way as you can see by being named the best player in Europe by UEFA this year and twice making the final 3 of the Balon D'or voting.

Show me that Crystal ball son cos with those predictions skills you should have won the lottery a thousand times over no?

How do you know Mata will never reach that level the mans 24ish and you DON'T know what the future holds so stop with that BS

On a more relevant note however Mata is nowhere near Iniesta's level and it is unlikely he will achieve but to say never is to show ignorance.

Mata though has improved and is a lot more decisive for Chelsea, I do think sometimes though he can be hussled out of possesion if pressed quite aggresively. On the whole the though the dude is showing his class even more this season no doubt.
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri 16 Nov - 22:34:46

Why did you have to quote that lunatic Julias? :facepalm:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri 16 Nov - 22:43:38

Kizu wrote:Instead of spending 40M for Modric, we could have had Mata for free, able to rotate with both Ozil and Di Maria Sad

don't let Mou see this, he will probably explode in another one of his rants Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Fri 16 Nov - 22:45:02

Gil wrote:Why did you have to quote that lunatic Julias? :facepalm:

I'm sorry tiredness crept in :facepalm:
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 16 Nov - 23:01:56

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Mata is a right winger while Iniesta is a CM. Not sure why they're being compared.

Well not everyone seems to know on this thread I think.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri 16 Nov - 23:16:02

Since when was Mata a right winger?
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 16 Nov - 23:19:12

Mata plays on the right hand side on paper, therefore a winger......come on now MT.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 16 Nov - 23:28:01

Wingers have multiple roles. Winger doesn't just = someone who runs down the wing and crosses it in.

Mata is a playmaker winger just like Silva.

Then you have wingers like Ronaldo who score goals.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri 16 Nov - 23:42:18

Mata hardly stays on the right ever, its one of the main things that pisses me off am pretty sure on heat maps he spends just as much time on the left and in the center.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat 17 Nov - 0:38:38

Yohan Modric wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

Well not everyone seems to know on this thread I think.

I'm pretty sure you didn't see Mata play recently. He plays in the middle, our wingers are Hazard and Oscar.

And I thought Iniesta was a CAM not a CM. My bad if im wrong but I don't follow Barca.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat 17 Nov - 1:34:54

julias wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

Show me that Crystal ball son cos with those predictions skills you should have won the lottery a thousand times over no?

How do you know Mata will never reach that level the mans 24ish and you DON'T know what the future holds so stop with that BS

On a more relevant note however Mata is nowhere near Iniesta's level and it is unlikely he will achieve but to say never is to show ignorance.

Mata though has improved and is a lot more decisive for Chelsea, I do think sometimes though he can be hussled out of possesion if pressed quite aggresively. On the whole the though the dude is showing his class even more this season no doubt.

I'm the one who's ignorant yet you say how can I say Mata will never be as good as Iniesta and follow that statement right up with this gem,

"On a more relevant note however Mata is nowhere near Iniesta's level and it is unlikely he will achieve."

I mean that is the most cowardly post I think I have ever seen. Jesus, take a stance it's pretty obvious, don't hedge everything you say, try growing a pair I mean your probably like 14 so I don't know why I expect anything more from this board.

I know Mata won't be as good as Iniesta because unlike slow EPLers like you and Gil I have watched him for a very long time not a little over a year and I'm not jerking off over a good patch of form. I have seen him play numerous times next to Iniesta and against him and it couldn't be more obvious that he will never be one of the best players in the world.

But with you EPLers I bet you thought at one point Lampard and Gerrard were some of the best players in the world so there really is no talking any sense into you guys who just now found out that Santi Cazorla was good at football and not a winger.

Iniesta has been in a good patch of form for about the last 5 years. And Guess what Iniesta is right up there with the Messi's and Xavi's and Ronaldo's of the world and Mata won't be better then any of them either, you wan't to be dumb enough to argue that too?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat 17 Nov - 1:58:00

Dnmac4 wrote:
julias wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

I'm the one who's ignorant yet you say how can I say Mata will never be as good as Iniesta and follow that statement right up with this gem,

"On a more relevant note however Mata is nowhere near Iniesta's level and it is unlikely he will achieve."

I mean that is the most cowardly post I think I have ever seen. Jesus, take a stance it's pretty obvious, don't hedge everything you say, try growing a pair I mean your probably like 14 so I don't know why I expect anything more from this board.

I know Mata won't be as good as Iniesta because unlike slow EPLers like you and Gil I have watched him for a very long time not a little over a year and I'm not jerking off over a good patch of form. I have seen him play numerous times next to Iniesta and against him and it couldn't be more obvious that he will never be one of the best players in the world.

But with you EPLers I bet you thought at one point Lampard and Gerrard were some of the best players in the world so there really is no talking any sense into you guys who just now found out that Santi Cazorla was good at football and not a winger.

Iniesta has been in a good patch of form for about the last 5 years. And Guess what Iniesta is right up there with the Messi's and Xavi's and Ronaldo's of the world and Mata won't be better then any of them either, you wan't to be dumb enough to argue that too?

Man stfu my argument is that you CANT tell the future or are you going to basically tell me in a thousand word rant that you can.

My stance is that Mata is nowhere nears Iniesta's level but how can you predict the future and tell me he will NEVER be. You said NEVER or do you just type shit and not realise.

Who told you I wasn't watching Mata in La Liga? Who said I'm jerking off over a good patch of form? Who told you I thought Steven Gerrard and Lampard were the best players in the world? Who told you I didn't know about Santi Carzola?

That post right there shows how much of a dumb *bleep* you really are, since I made no mention of any of that bs you're posting.

Keep typing your thousand word posts full of BS if it makes you feel better dickhead.
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat 17 Nov - 1:59:22

Guys, calm down, there's no point getting upset over something like this.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat 17 Nov - 2:30:03

julias wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:
julias wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

Man stfu my argument is that you CANT tell the future or are you going to basically tell me in a thousand word rant that you can.

My stance is that Mata is nowhere nears Iniesta's level but how can you predict the future and tell me he will NEVER be. You said NEVER or do you just type shit and not realise.

Who told you I wasn't watching Mata in La Liga? Who said I'm jerking off over a good patch of form? Who told you I thought Steven Gerrard and Lampard were the best players in the world? Who told you I didn't know about Santi Carzola?

That post right there shows how much of a dumb *bleep* you really are, since I made no mention of any of that bs you're posting.

Keep typing your thousand word posts full of BS if it makes you feel better dickhead.

Because it's quite possibly the easiest thing in the world to predict.

You are jerking off over a patch of form and it's obvious you didn't watch him before because you don't even remember last year when in some of the most important games Chelsea played Di Matteo didn't even start him.

You couldn't be more blind I mean you're acting like Mata is 18 years old or something. He has been playing top flight football for a long time in the CL and La Liga and for Spain.

He is who he is and there is nothing wrong with that but who he is isn't Andres Iniesta and he never will be again it is really quite obvious. He would never have left Spain if the 2 best teams in the world with 2 of the best youth systems and scouts and have tons of money thought he was going to be the next Andres Iniesta they would have bought him for 25 mill bucks.

They don't think he's Barca or Madrid Material and quite frankly he's not, as both there midfields have no room for him.

Andres Iniesta is a once in a generation player Juan Mata is not. I mean how dull can you be?

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sat 17 Nov - 2:32:36

Dnmac 4, your arguments for Mata not being at iniesta's level is that Barca and Real didn't purchase him because it's not at their level?? So Juve thought about Henry when they sold him to Arsenal... And who are you to say what a player can do and what he can't? Are you Jesus Christ?

I'm not judging iniesta on stats, i've seen an amazing Mata at Chelsea this season...And who are you to judge EPL players that poor compared to La liga?? I remember chelsea eliminating barca in 10 men, so it's not like they're CFR Cluj or some poor team in the UCL. Being the best player at Chelsea means something. And based on what is iniesta much better than mata? What aspects of his game are miles ahead of Mata's? Because you make it look like Mata is a mediocre footballer compared to a God.

Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat 17 Nov - 2:40:01

dostoevsky wrote:Guys, calm down, there's no point getting upset over something like this.

This should NOT require repeating.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next