Ion Creanga
Pedram
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
jibers
Swanhends
15 posters

Go down

New French Tax Law could force PSG to pay Ibra $61 million gross next year Empty New French Tax Law could force PSG to pay Ibra $61 million gross next year

Post by Swanhends Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:14 pm

According to a PSG source talking to Grant Wahl, Ibra's contract requires him to be paid 15 million net of tax, and a new French Tax law going into effect in 2013 stipulates than anyone making more than a million euros a year will have 75% of their earnings taxed...Which means that PSG would have to pay Ibra 61 million dollars gross next year, for him to get the 15 million he is guaranteed Shocked Shocked Shocked

Video from Fox Soccer:

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/video/?vid=b05f8329-1062-424f-ae6e-18ec6b73b6c9
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

New French Tax Law could force PSG to pay Ibra $61 million gross next year Empty Re: New French Tax Law could force PSG to pay Ibra $61 million gross next year

Post by jibers Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:18 pm

When will it be my turn Sad
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

New French Tax Law could force PSG to pay Ibra $61 million gross next year Empty Re: New French Tax Law could force PSG to pay Ibra $61 million gross next year

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:33 pm

How is Jibers posting when he's banned? hmm

French tax code will be the death of the PSG project and league.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Breaking News: PSG to to buy out the Government.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Breaking News: PSG to to buy out the Government.

Laughing

Mole :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:41 pm

'French Tax law going into effect in 2013 stipulates than anyone making more than a million euros a year will have 75% of their earnings taxed'

i guess it won't affect anyone, only psg from ligue 1 cause i guess that the deduction is applied only if your salary after deduction would be >=1 mil...
Let's say if someone has 1,001 million wage.. after taxes : 25000? Not, it will be 1 million.. At least this makes sense, otherwise someone with 0,99 million will have no deduction and would make more than the one with 1 million salary.. I don't think that this law is good at all because the deduction should be directly proportional with the earning, not a constant like 75/100.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:47 pm

nah it doesnt work that way, you cant get a tax deduction on incurred taxes
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:56 pm

The 75% is probably a marginal rate for the earnings above 1 million euros.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Hope TS leaves Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Tax is not as simple as the "a percentage of total said yearly salary", plus there are plenty things that can be deducted and rearranged and categorised into many other formats to reduce his tax base.

I hugely doubt that that 15m net is pure wage income and not comprised of a bunch of other categories like gains, benefits or payments made from some sports agency company he's probably set up
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:58 am

tuddor wrote:'French Tax law going into effect in 2013 stipulates than anyone making more than a million euros a year will have 75% of their earnings taxed'

i guess it won't affect anyone, only psg from ligue 1 cause i guess that the deduction is applied only if your salary after deduction would be >=1 mil...
Let's say if someone has 1,001 million wage.. after taxes : 25000? Not, it will be 1 million.. At least this makes sense, otherwise someone with 0,99 million will have no deduction and would make more than the one with 1 million salary.. I don't think that this law is good at all because the deduction should be directly proportional with the earning, not a constant like 75/100.

That's why income tax is incremental or w/e the most fitting word is.

For example, and these figures are pulled out of my top hat:

0 - 10%
30,000 - 33%
60,000 - 50%
100,000 - 70%

This means that someone who earns 200,000 actually needs to pay 10% of 30,000, 33% of the difference between 60k and 30k (10,000 k), 50% of 60k-100k and 70% of anything above that.

So someone earning 200,000 pays 103,000 and not 140,000.

The reason it's not directly proportional is that it'd leave poor families without any income for themselves and rich families with too much money for their own good.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:35 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:How is Jibers posting when he's banned? hmm

French tax code will be the death of the PSG project and league.

The French tax code will be the death of France itself.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:38 am

only idiots will tax directly proportional. Although there are many other parameters, not just a pure percentage. Give or take, the uncertainty itself can also mess up the curve
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:32 am

kiranr wrote:
The French tax code will be the death of France itself.

Huh why do you say that?

The "happiest" (I'm not going to debate the finer details but anyone who's lived in a high tax country will know) countries are the "high" tax countries - Scandinavia and Benelux.

The degree of socialization in Frances requires high taxes - new mothers have the option of maternity leave (paid of course) or to get a government nanny so they can continue their careers.

I'm not even Dutch and I get paid to go to University and will incur a study debt of around 18,000€ at the end of my studies. If I had studied in the US I would be at least $120,000 in debt.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Phritz wrote:

Huh why do you say that?

The "happiest" (I'm not going to debate the finer details but anyone who's lived in a high tax country will know) countries are the "high" tax countries - Scandinavia and Benelux.

The degree of socialization in Frances requires high taxes - new mothers have the option of maternity leave (paid of course) or to get a government nanny so they can continue their careers.

I'm not even Dutch and I get paid to go to University and will incur a study debt of around 18,000€ at the end of my studies. If I had studied in the US I would be at least $120,000 in debt.

I don't know how the happiness index is calculated, but on a basic level, increasing taxes is not the way to cut the fiscal deficit or reduce government debt levels as it will slow growth a lot. That is why i said that.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Just burned my tongue while eating a hot pocket
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:25 pm

kiranr wrote:
I don't know how the happiness index is calculated, but on a basic level, increasing taxes is not the way to cut the fiscal deficit or reduce government debt levels as it will slow growth a lot. That is why i said that.

Where have I heard this before...

Spoiler:

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:27 pm

the french taxes is higher than the scandinavian ones i think

however, i live in sweden and i can tell you that taxes makes everyones lives easier, free healthcare, school, water etc. alot less poverty aswell compared to other countries
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down