Firenze
VanDeezNuts
DeviAngel
zizzle
the xcx
61 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Benitez new head coach of Chelsea - Page 6 Empty Re: Benitez new head coach of Chelsea

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Luca wrote:
CBarca wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
vasanthPato wrote:Not so sure about him succeeding, Chelsea locker room is a nightmare, particularly with Benitez not being the best of man managers. It's quite clear he's been hired in the hopes of getting Torres going. I doubt the English clique will take it too well. If he gets Lampard, Terry, Cole, Cech etc to buy into his tactics. He will succeed.
You were in there? You know this for sure? Oh wow!

I hate when people use this reasoning. "You weren't there so you can't say that!"

You don't have to be in there to know this. The difficulty in the Chelsea locker room-especially during AVB's tenure- is well known. It's not a stretch to say it's hard dealing with the Chelsea locker room, ask AVB about it brah

There were actually a lot of reports during AVB's time which suggested as much

I haven't seen much about RDM not getting along with players, so I think it's unfair to assume that there was turmoil in the locker room

There's just nothing to base it on
Those reports were based on the earlier foundations the press had laid about AVB being too young for the Chelsea players. Its an easy route to exploit when you're looking for a story. You REALLY believe Lampard as an individual would cause that much trouble? He's one of the most consummate professionals I've ever watched in any sport.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Benitez new head coach of Chelsea - Page 6 Empty Re: Benitez new head coach of Chelsea

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Isolated incidents I'm sure are made up. The Cech one, as you have there, is fake.

There were reports consistently throughout AVB's tenure about the Chelsea players being a bunch of b*tch sissy girls. It wasn't just once, it was consistent throughout the whole season, nor was it continually denied or anything.

I mean, I just quick googled some of AVB's words about Chelsea and came up with this.

"It's a question you need to ask the players, but from perspective I've been adapting to the players. They are a great group who are enjoying what they are doing. EDIT: should point out he's talking about Tottenham players here in this first part

"I think the warmth of the group is excellent to see, and you know two different groups react differently. And we've that the spirit within this group has been fantastic - it's different from what I had in the last year."

AVB's word is as good as any for me.

Now we potentially have Torres costing RDM his job, as you are saying yourself, Barrett.

Once again, taking all these facts in, it's not hard to say that the Chelsea dressing room might be a bit hard to control Wink
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Luca wrote:
CBarca wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
vasanthPato wrote:Not so sure about him succeeding, Chelsea locker room is a nightmare, particularly with Benitez not being the best of man managers. It's quite clear he's been hired in the hopes of getting Torres going. I doubt the English clique will take it too well. If he gets Lampard, Terry, Cole, Cech etc to buy into his tactics. He will succeed.

I hate when people use this reasoning. "You weren't there so you can't say that!"

You don't have to be in there to know this. The difficulty in the Chelsea locker room-especially during AVB's tenure- is well known. It's not a stretch to say it's hard dealing with the Chelsea locker room, ask AVB about it brah

There were actually a lot of reports during AVB's time which suggested as much

I haven't seen much about RDM not getting along with players, so I think it's unfair to assume that there was turmoil in the locker room

There's just nothing to base it on
Those reports were based on the earlier foundations the press had laid about AVB being too young for the Chelsea players. Its an easy route to exploit when you're looking for a story. You REALLY believe Lampard as an individual would cause that much trouble? He's one of the most consummate professionals I've ever watched in any sport.

I'm with you, but at least those reports had some sort of foundation
Saying the same problems exist in the current (or rather RDM) Chelsea? Seems completely unfounded

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:25 pm

CBarca wrote:Isolated incidents I'm sure are made up. The Cech one, as you have there, is fake.

There were reports consistently throughout AVB's tenure about the Chelsea players being a bunch of b*tch sissy girls. It wasn't just once, it was consistent throughout the whole season, nor was it continually denied or anything.

I mean, I just quick googled some of AVB's words about Chelsea and came up with this.

"It's a question you need to ask the players, but from perspective I've been adapting to the players. They are a great group who are enjoying what they are doing. EDIT: should point out he's talking about Tottenham players here in this first part

"I think the warmth of the group is excellent to see, and you know two different groups react differently. And we've that the spirit within this group has been fantastic - it's different from what I had in the last year."

AVB's word is as good as any for me.

Now we potentially have Torres costing RDM his job, as you are saying yourself, Barrett.

Once again, taking all these facts in, it's not hard to say that the Chelsea dressing room might be a bit hard to control Wink
You have to realise that both situations are different.

Chelsea players had just lost a manager in Carlo who they loved. AVB was a newbie and was arrogant. Couldn't get his tactics right and wasn't a good manager.

Spurs players were clearly tired of 'Arry and welcomed the change. Besides, you can't deny that AVB must have learnt from some of his mistakes at Chelsea and approached the Spurs players differently as a result.

Not a fair comparison imo.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:31 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Does every Chelsea fan here keep denying that Fernando Torres' utter incompetence hasn't cost three managers their jobs? Has everyone forgotten the Shevchenko fiasco? Mourinho just like Ancelotti landed a player who wasn't approved by either of them but since Abra was adamant for Shevchenko to be played thus souring the relationship along with having Shevchenko costing Mourinho a more success campaign with his personal demise.

The ever so selfless Fernando Torres cries his eyes out in Dalglish's office to move to Chelsea in some brilliant timing on the last day of the transfer Mercato. What does he do? Manages 1 goal in 14 games and costs Ancelotti not only the League title but the Quarter Final tie with United as well with pathetic performances. Guess what? Abramovic was undoubtedly behind Ancelotti's reason to start Torres in order to bring profit out of the 50 mil buy yet the serious consequences was Torres with his Houdini acts caused the stuttering downfall of Carlo's campaign. Drogba came on every time to outclass Torres as judging by Carlo's comments you could tell it wasn't in his vested interests to play Torres instead of Drogba.

Enter AvB and Torres scores 1 in 22 games yet its all AvB's fault that he didn't "bring the best out" of Torres. Thus causing AvB's unfortunate exit even when he built the side around him.

When things looked awful in the last 6-7 games Fernando became Houdini again despite Di Matteo's attempts to fix the Torres crisis as best as he can.
Come Tuesday night in Turin, Di Matteo doesn't succumb to Abra's pressure and plays a far more capable Hazard in Torres' position as a false 9, resulting in one of the reasons of his sacking.

Increasingly, there has been no greater example of a player whose life revolves totally around himself. I'm surprised the man doesn't perpetually wear Balotelli's famous slogan on his shirt "why always me?"

Example? Chelsea make a brilliant comeback vs Napoli as Torres also was witness to the event after being subbed on. Chelsea win it in extra time and while the whole crowd, staff and squad celebrate, Torres is left mopping around with his head down simply because he didn't score. I remember when RDM was the first to heartily congratulate Torres with a celebratory jump on his back yet Torres was too busy sulking, Di Matteo quickly went on to celebrate with someone not in his introspective thoughts.
Instead of glorying in the greatest night in Chelsea’s history, Torres moaned about not being allowed to take a penalty and being left on the bench for all but six minutes of normal time.
He went on: “I’ve been through the worst moments of my career this season and I’m not willing to re-live them. Next season I want someone to tell me what’s going to happen, what role I’ll have in the team, what is expected of me and to evaluate whether it’s worth it.”
“But for the fans this season I’d have thrown in the towel.”
Instead, he waited until this season to do it.
Even though he was told precisely what was going to happen and what his role in the team would be.
To this end and to give him all the support necessary, Abramovich went out and added Eden Hazard and Oscar to a list of goalmakers that already included Juan Mata.
Their brief? To provide the chances that would finally pay dividends on the owner’s £50m investment and to have Torres accrue some goals finally.

Its quite obvious that one of the prime reasons Benitez was signed was to bring the best out of Torres. Yet what isn't realized is that Torres' mentality has gone down the drain and Benitez was only a supplement to Torres' success in Liverpool and not directly responsible.

He doesn't care about Atletico, he didn't care for Liverpool despite lying that he did, nor does he Chelsea. Its all about him. The sooner you learn this the better you will understand. Trust me, after years of listening to his bullshit and getting an idea of his mentality, its open for everyone to see.

THANK YOU ARQ!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

I said this numerous times! When I mentioned it in the chat Gil(Torres fanboy) was laughing, asking if Torres was also responsible for all the managers sacked before he arrived. :facepalm:

I've said it again and again! Carlo, AVB and now Robbie. Torres was a HUGE reason they got the boot and in Carlo & Robbie's cases he was THE reason. I can't stand him anymore. Seriously. Sulking at every possible opportunity.. Acting like a bloody kid that hasn't gotten his candy meanwhile he can't hit a barn door if he was sitting on the handle. Absolutely AWFUL and full of himself. Me, me, me, me, me.

They need to sell him already! I don't even necessarily want a Falcao. Just somebody decent that's going to play for the team and not sulk and SCORE GOALS, even if not at a high rate but at least on a consistent and clinical basis.

Torres isn't the prime reason but definitely one of the catalysts behind it with his pathetic form. See I wouldn't even chastise him and nor would Chelsea fans if he wasn't such a selfish individual but the fact is this has come down all to himself and especially given the tremendous support given to him by all parties.

I would say for Abra to cut his losses while he can and invest in someone new. It doesn't have to be someone as expensive as Falcao, but someone like Llorente who is under the radar and can come for 20. Torres' time is up unless Rafa can pull a miracle out of his ass.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
CBarca wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

How was it well known? I can agree that the players weren't happy with his managerial style, judging by his tactics and the arrogance he displayed to the press(which he probably displayed to the players as well) and any senior player on any team would be upset. I know I would. But don't make it look like the players are a bunch of "Mourinho or NOBODY" knobheads who can't accept a change.

The press blamed Drogba for "chasing" Scolari, something Drogba has clearly denied and judging by his ardent support of AVB during the turmoil, you'd know Drogba isn't such a person to cause commotion.

My point is, its all speculation. We have stars and experienced players on the team and its an easy target for the press to exploit. The ideas you have are purely based on what you've read in the press no? "A dailymail source said......a source in the dressing room confirmed....blah blah blah". Are we to believe that one of the players in the dressing room is giving information secretly to the press to tarnish the image of his teammates

After the West Brom match last weekend, a lot of media outlets carried a story about Cech leading a "revolt" in the dressing room. Let's hear from the horse's mouth now, shall we?

Benitez new head coach of Chelsea - Page 6 Capture-3

/rant

Very Happy
but how would you know? You were in there? Laughing
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:38 pm

baresi wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
CBarca wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

How was it well known? I can agree that the players weren't happy with his managerial style, judging by his tactics and the arrogance he displayed to the press(which he probably displayed to the players as well) and any senior player on any team would be upset. I know I would. But don't make it look like the players are a bunch of "Mourinho or NOBODY" knobheads who can't accept a change.

The press blamed Drogba for "chasing" Scolari, something Drogba has clearly denied and judging by his ardent support of AVB during the turmoil, you'd know Drogba isn't such a person to cause commotion.

My point is, its all speculation. We have stars and experienced players on the team and its an easy target for the press to exploit. The ideas you have are purely based on what you've read in the press no? "A dailymail source said......a source in the dressing room confirmed....blah blah blah". Are we to believe that one of the players in the dressing room is giving information secretly to the press to tarnish the image of his teammates

After the West Brom match last weekend, a lot of media outlets carried a story about Cech leading a "revolt" in the dressing room. Let's hear from the horse's mouth now, shall we?

/rant

Very Happy

He has inside connections Laughing

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:40 pm

baresi wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
CBarca wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

/rant

Very Happy
Like I said, judging from his behavior to the press.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Luca wrote:
baresi wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
CBarca wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

/rant

Very Happy

Not you again :facepalm: , I thought you would be busy by now, celebrating your clubs best achievement in Europe for about a decade, by ALMOST qualifying for the final 16. (I am trying to help you here by giving you a point to reply back and say "it hasn't been a decade yet") . Razz
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
baresi wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
CBarca wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

/rant

Very Happy
Like I said, judging from his behavior to the press.
So you can reach to conclusions without actually being with the team, why can't others?
anyway what you initially wrote doesn't sound like that, but i'll leave it there.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:08 pm

baresi wrote:
Luca wrote:
baresi wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
CBarca wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

/rant

Very Happy

Not you again :facepalm: , I thought you would be busy by now, celebrating your clubs best achievement in Europe for about a decade, by ALMOST qualifying for the final 16. (I am trying to help you here by giving you a point to reply back and say "it hasn't been a decade yet") . Razz

I always have time to mock people like you Very Happy
Unless you have inside connections to my internet provider that is Laughing

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:10 pm

Luca wrote:
baresi wrote:
Luca wrote:
baresi wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
CBarca wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

/rant

Very Happy

oh boy, you are really a Juve fan. rofl
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 pm

baresi wrote:
Luca wrote:
baresi wrote:

oh boy, you are really a Juve fan. rofl

The one club your connections can't infiltrate Laughing
Stay small

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Haters gonna hate
Benitez new head coach of Chelsea - Page 6 2629860_std
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:28 am

Fair enough Barrett.

I'm willing to concede that the Chelsea locker room may be down at least in part to AVB's incompetence if your willing to admit that the reports certainly have some truth to them Razz
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:21 am

I am going to use this thread to say Best of Luck to Rafa and Chelsea, I hope he brings us success.

I have calmed down btw. Razz
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:05 am

Benitez is too underrated in this forum. I feel that Chelsea fans have a vendetta against him because he prvented your greatest team from progressing to the final multiple times. He is a great coach tbh. I am actually pissed off Chelsea have him. Torres might actually start scoring again...ffs
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:10 am

He's just a fat spanish waiter...

=P
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:23 am

ynwa wrote:He's just a fat spanish waiter...

=P

Dat he is, a very wealthy fat spanish waiter
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:49 am

a fat... one.

by the way RDM was loved by the players n fans alike... thats well known. Where as AVB was not so much liked by the senior players mostly and some fans.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:31 am

Lex wrote:This is going to be a glamorized version of Keane at Blackburn. Every win will be met with indifference, while every loss will be treated like a death in the family, with Benitez holding the smoking gun

I wonder how long it'll be before the RAFA OUT signs start showing up

They're already out...

Dutti wrote:I am looking forward to seeing Rafa's signature formation, the very wide 4-5-1 .

He's played a 4-2-3-1 with both Valencia and Liverpool.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:34 am

bowjob wrote:I give it two weeks until all the Chelsea fans adore him.

They will never adore him. He hurt their feelings so bad. The plastic flags comment was too hard to take. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:39 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
ynwa wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
because our board is acting like 12 year old kids!

Your club would be non existent if it wasn't for your board ffs.

True, fair point. But firing 2 managers every year is a bit like a 12 year old managing a club isn't it? 12 year old un-educated child that is.

Yes, but he's been acting this way for nearly a decade now.

He treats Chelsea as if it's his own little toy - that part is obvious, no?

iNFINITY9910 wrote:So you are saying Torres is innocent here? His 50m tag is the problem we have at the club since he came to Chelsea. Thats the only problem we had, remove him for a bit n we got a CL! Then put him back in and the manager gets sacked. Cos if he was scoring goals, we would be on top of the table right now and we would be in the knockout stages by now. Should have bought Aguero, but got this instead!

Go dig up your Torres = Sheva 2.0 quotes.

Torres' Chelsea career has just began... although it will only last 6 months or so. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:30 am

I have a question for Liverpool fans here...
HOW DOES IT FEEL? Very Happy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:00 am

Nameless wrote:I have a question for Liverpool fans here...
HOW DOES IT FEEL? Very Happy

Can't speak for others, but feels nice to me. Interesting to see Rafa back in the Premier League.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:05 am

ynwa wrote:
bowjob wrote:I give it two weeks until all the Chelsea fans adore him.

They will never adore him. He hurt their feelings so bad. The plastic flags comment was too hard to take. Sad
It amazes me that for some reason you're upset because Chelsea fans aren't kissing the feet of your beloved former manager.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next