A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS Empty A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS

Post by Forza Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:16 am

A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS MilanA.C. MILAN v JUVENTUSA.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS Juventus
Serie A: Matchday 14
November 25, 2012 7:45 PM UTC
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza — Milano
Referee:‬ N. Rizzoli‎

League Table

First, the disappointing reality of our season until now...

1. Juve: 32 pts
2. Inter: 28 pts
3. Fiorentina: 27 pts
4. Napoli: 27 pts
5. Lazio: 23pts
6. Roma: 20 pts
7. Catania: 19 pts
8. Atalanta: 18 pts
9. Parma: 17 pts
10. Udinese: 16 pts
11. Cagliari: 16 pts
12. Milan: 15 pts

Whilst our draw at Napoli was generally perceived as a positive result for the team (bar the blunders that cost us the goals in the first half), it has seen us slip a few positions down to 12th. If results go our way, & we win v Juve, we could see ourselves in a much more respectable 8th position, within striking distance of the Europa League places.

Recent Form

MILAN
Nov 21, 2012 Anderlecht 1 - AC Milan 3 UCL
Nov 17, 2012 SSC Napoli 2 - AC Milan 2 Serie A
Nov 11, 2012 AC Milan 1 - Fiorentina 3 Serie A
Nov 6, 2012 AC Milan 1 - Malaga 1 UCL
Nov 3, 2012 AC Milan 5 - Chievo 1 Serie A

This game follows a solid performance against Anderlecht, where our attack was spectacular, but our defence was still flimsy. Individual blunders were to blame for going 2-0 down at Napoli, but the Pharaoh showed great resilience and spirit to lead our team back to parity. A Jovetic-less Fiorentina swept us aside with ease, primarily due to the dominance of their 5-man midfield - Allegri has to learn from this game if we are to stand any chance against Juve. Malaga grabbed a draw at the San Siro where yet another defensive mistake cost us for the goal. Nevertheless, credit must be given to the Spanish side, who scored first and played quite well. Only when Milan played Chievo did we truly look like a side that is unfettered by mid-table mediocrity. All guns fired and the team from Verona were dispatched with ease. Note zero clean sheets in 5 games.

JUVE
Nov 20, 2012 Juventus 3 - Chelsea FC 0 UCL
Nov 17, 2012 Juventus 0 - Lazio 0 Serie A
Nov 10, 2012 Pescara 1 - Juventus 6 Serie A
Nov 7, 2012 Juventus 4 - FC Nordsjælland 0 UCL

Nov 3, 2012 Juventus 1 - FC Internazionale 3 Serie A

Juve are coming off a great win in the Champions League against Chelsea. Prior to that, Lazio parked the bus to get a draw in Serie A. Pescara and Nordsjælland were simply annihilated as the scorelines show. Those games were a reaction to the previous match - Inter are the only team to beat Juventus in Serie A since the start of last season. Note 3 clean sheets in 5 games.

Head to Head

Mar 20, 2012 Juventus 2 - AC Milan 2 Coppa Italia‎
Feb 25, 2012 AC Milan 1 - Juventus 1 Serie A
Feb 8, 2012 AC Milan 1 - Juventus 2 Coppa Italia‎
Oct 2, 2011 Juventus 2 - AC Milan 0 Serie A
Aug 21, 2011 AC Milan 2 - Juventus 1 Friendly

Defence/Attack Rankings

MILAN
We have the 9th best defence in Serie A with 18 goals conceded.
7 of those goals have come at home giving us the 11th best defence in home games.

We have the 6th best attack in the league, behind all of the top clubs in the league standings (Roma, Juve, Inter, Fiorentina, Napoli - in that order), bar Lazio who sit 5th in the league with the 7th best attack.

Our overall goal difference is +2, the 7th best in the league.

Summary: Our attack is potent, and on it's own it would have us in the Europa League placings. Our centre-back options are deplorable and there is nothing that can fix it until January.

JUVE
They have the no. 1 defence in Serie A with only half as many goals conceded (9).
Away, they also have the best defence in the league with 4 goals of those 9 conceded outside Juventus Stadium.

They have the 2nd best attack in the league with 29 goals scored (1 behind Roma).
They have the best attack in the league away from home, scoring 16 goals on their travels.

Juve's overall goal difference is +20, Serie A's best. Behind them is daylight and then Fiorentina on +13.

Summary: Juve are balanced and high quality in all areas.

Injuries/Suspensions

MILAN

~ Injuries ~
9 Pato (in doubt, will likely play)
14 Strasser (reportedly fit for this game, unlikely to be played though)
22 Didac Vila (reportedly fit for this game, unlikely to be played though)
15 Mesbah (may be back for the game after this)
77 Antonini (may be back for the game after this)
12 Traoré (may be back for the game after this)
23 Ambrosini (may be back for the game after this)
20 Abate (may be back on the 16th matchday)
25 Bonera (may be back until the 17th matchday)
4 Muntari (Won't be back until January)

~ Suspensions ~
None

~ Suspended for next game if they get 1 more yellow card ~
De Jong, Pazzini, Yepes, Mexes

JUVE

~ Injuries ~
3 Chiellini (in doubt, will probably play)
19 Bonucci (in doubt, will probably play)

~ Suspensions ~
Conte Laughing

~ Suspended for next game if they get 1 more yellow card ~
Chiellini

Probable Formations
Note that this is who I expect will be played, not necessarily what I would like to see:

MILAN: 4-2-3-1
A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 4198
Abbiati
A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq7AdKzt18fHAoPGy0OKke_LYq0FaOKiOCldwLu73ZwJ38ifurA.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 1557A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 4006A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyZ4h0pvphFHhUwosU2SD-oJhTpXFWCHE5z2k45mNDEoKNL3XK
De Sciglio - Yepes - Mexes - Constant
A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 4040A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 2006
Montolivo - De Jong
A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 2177A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 6d1caa8409b38eec7c65c2be2830e370_normalA.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 69323
Emanuelson - Bojan - El Shaarawy
A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 942710
Pato
JUVENTUS: 3-5-2
A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 17951A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 4024
Giovinco - Vucinic
A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 21416A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 17948A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 79A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 16386A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 19305
Asamoah - Marchisio - Pirlo - Vidal - Isla
A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 17684A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 3979A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 56
Chiellini - Bonucci - Barzagli
A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 53
Buffon
Probable Benches

MILAN
Amelia, Gabriel, Acerbi, Zapata, Nocerino, Boateng, Niang, Pazzini, Robinho

JUVE
Storari, Rubinho, Lucio, Lichtsteiner, Caceres, Pogba, Giaccherini, Pepe, Bendtner, Matri, Quagliarella

Tactical Notes

MILAN
- Allegri has been experimenting with a 4-3-3 lately with poor results. When he reverts to a 4-2-3-1, the team plays much better.
- Mexes will start after a robust performance against Anderlecht, which he capped with that overhead goal.
- Bonera is injured, Zapata is out of favour. That leaves Acerbi and Mexes to fight for the other CB spot. I'd bet on Allegri choosing the experienced Yepes. The Colombian will likely put in a more confident and energetic performance than Acerbi could in such a huge game.
- Boateng has started the last few matches, however, he has not had the impact that Allergi hoped for on his return after being dropped earlier in the season. Hence, Boateng will likely be benched once more as the coach can't afford to have this primadonna not pulling his weight against Juve's formidable 5-man midfield.
- If Allegri plays 4-3-3, Emanuelson will probably lose his spot to Nocerino.
- If Allegri plays 4-2-3-1, Emanuelson faces strong competition from Robinho for the starting place on the right wing.
- Bojan is best in the AM role, and I think Allegri has realised that after another of his failed experiments.
- Pato should start up-front, although his injury troubles might mean that Pazzini will get a chance instead and Pato will come on off the bench like in the Anderlecht game.
- Milan's tactical plans will consist of the following...
1. De Sciglio and Constant will harass Asamoah and Isla and try to make them accountable by getting in behind them. Crosses are becoming a more frequent feature of our game.
2. Pato will look to draw defenders away from SES and Emanuelson.
3. Montolivo will look to link up with Bojan as often as possible.
4. Pirlo will be marked zonally. Emanuelson might tag him when he acts as a deep-lying playmaker. When Pirlo moves forward, he will become the responsibility of De Jong.
5. SES will drift centrally on occasion for any one of these reasons...
i) to create space for himself
ii) to get on the ball more
iii) confuse defenders
iv) Receive a pass from the opposite wing - usually De Sciglio.
v) get on the end of a through ball.

JUVE
- The question marks over the fitness of Bonucci and Chiellini mean that Lucio and Caceres might take their places. I don't think Marrone would get a shot in such a big game.
- Lichtsteiner is equal odds to start instead of Isla.
- Giovinco faces strong competition from Quagliarella for his spot.
- Juve has a few main tactical moves...
1. They will look to exploit Milan's weakness on the wings. Vucinic and Giovinco will work with Isla and Asamoah, respectively.
2. Distribute to Pirlo as often as possible.
3. Chiellini will carry the ball out of defence whenever Pirlo is man-marked (as Chelsea found out).
4. Vidal will move forward and occupy the space at the top of the box.
5. When pressured, Juve will look for the long ball clearance over the top of the Milan defence to a striker on the offside line or at the edge of their half.

Outlook
Both teams have momentum, although Juve have obviously been more consistent than Milan. El Shaarawy and Montolivo are going to have to be in inspired form to crack open a tough Juve defence. Conversely, Juve will need to show that they can take their chances against Milan's slow centre-back pairing.

Forza Milan!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS Empty Re: A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:59 am

Where is the Kudos Box A.C. MILAN v JUVENTUS 2276801876 ? Excellent analysis. I hope Allegri gets his tactics right.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:38 am

Awesome analysis! They just keep getting better Razz I have a strange feeling Milan will win this one... Hope I am right Smile
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:35 am

Suspensions: Antonio Conte rofl
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Pato, most probably won't be available.

So we will probably start again with 4-3-3

--------------Abbiati-------------------
De Sciglio, Mexes/Zapata, Yepes/Acerbi, Constant
----Montolivo--De Jong----Urby---------
Boateng-------Bojan---------El Shaarawy

The line up isn't mine. I believe that is what Allegri will go with.The full backs need protection so the midfield 3 will give that, Urby can double up and break more effectively than Nocerino, who has played consecutive 90 minutes. So I believe Allegri will go with Urby for this one. Juventus' midfield is obviously their strongest asset,so our Forward line and the midfield should work in tandem, so that they aren't isolated as two separable units. The lack of game time between their back line should make them more culpable to errors. Concentrating on Pirlo could prove detrimental as Marchisio and Vidal will be able to perform their chores without any hassle. In the first few minutes of the Italy-England match, Pirlo was marked by both Rooney and Welbeck, and I could recall that it worked quite well in the beginning stages. I'd say if one of our forwards is given the task, we could reduce his effect without sacrificing the defensive stability of our team.

7/11 of the players are safe to say will start (Abbiati, De Sciglio, Constant, Montolivo, De Jong, Bojan, El Shaarawy)

the other 4: Mexes -If he is makes it back in time for the game would be a definite starter, if not then Zapata should come in

Yepes- Though it isn't something to boast about, he has been one of our better center backs this term. Don't know whether he's having the gas to play a full intense 90 minutes, but he could be a real asset in both the boxes, particularly with Chiellini not playing. They'll be suspect in defending set pieces.

Urby/Nocerino - As mentioned before, don't know whether Noce can notch up another 90, so would prefer Urby

And one out of Boa, Binho and Pazzo.

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:50 pm

Anything other than a win and I would start calling for Allegri's head, I know it might not be his fault, but still...
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Great preview.

I wouldnt be opposed to seeing a 4-5-1 with el shaarawy and robinho on the wings, dejong monty and noce in the middle and bojan up front. We will have boa and robinho on the bench once els/robinho get tired.

that being said, i think the 4-3-3 will be a 4-5-1 when defending. boateng is gonna have to put in a good shift defensively, or asamoah will desroy us

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:

~ Suspensions ~
Conte Laughing

rofl

Fantastic analysis thread mate. Easily the best one i've seen in our section , as of yet. I generaly agree with your ideas and way of thinking about this game . I can't say i am confident about the game , but with that being said , i haven't any fear whatsoever.

It will be a tough game for both sides , with them having the upper hand unfortunately , coming of great games..Having said that , they are bound to lose some momentum very soon and San Siro is a good bet for this to happen. We aren't in any particular position to expect to win such an on form side these days , but we are obligated to try and give everything for a victory , which if happens ,

it will turn our season around .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Great thread Forza, excellent analysis.
btw Chiellini won't be playing according to reports, anyone can confirm this?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:09 pm

great thread, but I hear Chiellini isn't playing this game. If that's true I don't know, but it would be nice.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:07 pm

Really good analysis
Reports are suggesting that Chiellini won't play, so it could be Lucio, Caceres or Marrone in his place

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Chiellini hasn't even been called up for the game. It's definite. Bonucci on the other , might well play . I doubt Marrone will play this game, too much for him. Lucio , Barzagli and if Bonucci is ready , him , otherwise it will definitely be Caceres.
For Milan , i think the backline of Abbiati ; De Sciglio-Mexes-Acerbi-Constant is almost sure to begin , unless Allegri picks Yepes over Acerbi .

Chiellini won't be playing and this will make it a lot easier for Ses and co up front and judging from our unstable(shit) defence , i think of putting some money on a nice goal-goal bet for tomorrow night .

Stealing candy from a baby Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys Thumbs up

---

MILAN - Massimiliano Allegri has named the following squad of 21 players to face Juventus:

Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel, Acerbi, De Sciglio, Mexes, Yepes, Zapata, Boateng, Constant, De Jong, Emanuelson, Flamini, Montolivo, Nocerino, Strasser, Bojan, El Shaarawy, Niang, Pazzini, Robinho.

No PATO
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:05 am

Cheilini playing would have been better for us considering the amount of mistakes he makes these days....but saying this i am still happy it will be lucio in his place (hopefully).
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:11 am

I'd rather have Pazzo or Robinho playing as a striker in place of Pato in a 4-2-3-1 than playing a 4-3-3.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:26 am

:bow: analysis :bow:
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:57 am

Excellent preview forza Thumbs up

With chiellini out, I'm hoping it is lucio who takes his place and not caceres since the latter is more of a threat from set-pieces and aerial balls which seem to be our major defensive weakness

I'd have loved to see a 4231 bt I think the 433 that's been reported would be a better formation since it would provide extra cover for our defense against juve's tireless midfield.
I'm more worried about our CF though since Bojan isn't the most clinical of strikers and looks out of place as a CF while immobile Pazzini has so far shown little to suggest he'll pose any threat against juve's solid defense

Our key to victory in this game would be
1. Make the most of the chances we get
2. Limit the number of mistakes we make by keeping concentration levels high
3. Close down spaces as quickly as possible
4. Watch Vidal and make sure he has a frustrating evening
5. Defend properly on set pieces

All in all, I think we will cause an upset in this game. My prediction milan 2-1 Juve

FORZA MILAN
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Milan: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Mexes, Yepes, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Nocerino; Robinho, Boateng, El Shaarawy

Milan bench: Amelia, Gabriel, Acerbi, Zapata, Emanuelson, Flamini, Strasser, Bojan, Pazzini, Niang

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Vucinic, Quagliarella

Juventus bench: Storari, Rubinho, Lucio, De Ceglie, Marrone, Giaccherini, Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pepe, Giovinco, Matri, Bendtner
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Baresi, please explain to me your theory that the ref's favor us............
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Yessssssssss
We did it...... *bleep* everything
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 pm

WE WONNNNNNNNNNNN
GET INNNNNNNNNNNNNN
GET INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

FORZA MILAN
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:47 pm

juveman17 wrote:Baresi, please explain to me your theory that the ref's favor us............

Don't start shit take your loss like a man.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Except we didnt deserve to lose. The ref gave you the win. If you had actually scored a legitimaye goal it would be a different story. But you didnt...
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:58 pm

congratz guys Smile
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:01 pm

nichabr wrote:
juveman17 wrote:Baresi, please explain to me your theory that the ref's favor us............

Don't start shit take your loss like a man.

like a man, the same 'like a man' stance like it was in gol di muntari ?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next