rwo power
Onyx
DeletedUser#1
10 posters

Go down

Dortmund Investing Significantly  Empty Dortmund Investing Significantly

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Clark Whitney ‏@Mr_Bundesliga
Watzke, on Lewandowski: "We would rather take no transfer fee in 2014 than to sell him for too little." Source: Sport1 Doppelpass
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

25 mins Clark Whitney ‏@Mr_Bundesliga
Watzke says Dortmund will "invest significantly" in transfers. No positions specified, but he mentioned improvements to depth & 1st XI

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Assuming their budget is close to 25 million euros plus sales, how would you invest it? Who'd be their realistic targets ?

starting CF
back up RB
back up LB
back up CB
rotational CM ?

Those are the main positions.

The dream CF for them would be Dzeko, who probably won't move this summer, but next. Bendtner can work in the right system (national team) and will be available for next to nothing. Maybe Klopp can get him to work? similar to Lewa

Need a back up CB, because they look vulnerable when Hummels is out. Bender is injury-prone, Sahin is a gamble, and Kehl is pretty old....so another CM would be handy

back up for both fullbacks would be a bonus too

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Dortmund Investing Significantly  Empty Re: Dortmund Investing Significantly

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:26 pm

Their current team is all round pretty good imo. Good GK, good defense, mid and attack etc.

Depth wise, I'm sure Sahin will be good enough, plus they have Leitner who I think can play CM.

In terms of backup fullback/s, they can use youth players or buy someone from Bundesliga, similar to how Bayern got Dante.

If Lewandowski leaves, then I'm sure they can go for Dzeko this year, if not Dzeko then another striker. Or they can put Reus/Gotze up front and get a winger/AM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:32 pm

Well, I watched today's Doppelpass talk, too. Very interesting on a whole, that. Watzke danced quite a bit around which positions he exactly wants to strengthen (he was quizzed quite a bit about it, but always evaded), but from between the lines he just thinks they have enough midfielders.

Moreover, he was pretty adamant that he wants to keep Robert Lewandowski until 2014 and he'd rather forfeit any money he could make of him this summer as he'd gain more from another CL run (around 40 mio Euros according to him) than by selling Lewa (around 25 mio Euros).

Oh, and he explicitly said they wouldn't go for any strikers with big names from big clubs ("like ManCity") as that wouldn't fit with Dortmund's philosophy, so Dzeko is pretty much out.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:27 am

Well, they'll be looking at ~50m from the new BuLi TV deal, IIRC, 40m+ from the UCL, a bit from sales, and they also are set to record 20ish million euros net profit, of course they won't reinvest all of it into players, they'll put a huge chunk into paying off debt, because while they're making net profits, they do still have debt.

But they will comfortably be able to spend 50m if they want to. Unless I've overlooked some huge money sink hole they got somewhere.

And I love that they're unwilling to sell, even if I'm no Lewandowski fan. But not being a selling club rocks.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:31 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Well, they'll be looking at ~50m from the new BuLi TV deal, IIRC, 40m+ from the UCL, a bit from sales, and they also are set to record 20ish million euros net profit, of course they won't reinvest all of it into players, they'll put a huge chunk into paying off debt, because while they're making net profits, they do still have debt.

But they will comfortably be able to spend 50m if they want to. Unless I've overlooked some huge money sink hole they got somewhere.

And I love that they're unwilling to sell, even if I'm no Lewandowski fan. But not being a selling club rocks.
Too soon. Evil or Very Mad
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:39 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Well, they'll be looking at ~50m from the new BuLi TV deal, IIRC, 40m+ from the UCL, a bit from sales, and they also are set to record 20ish million euros net profit, of course they won't reinvest all of it into players, they'll put a huge chunk into paying off debt, because while they're making net profits, they do still have debt.

so true Sad
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:34 pm

It was pretty obvious they would as they can't compete with Bayern otherwise.

As for positions i'd say a striker, Hummels cover( I'm talking about a CB who can actually replace him playmaking wise to a decent standard), fullback cover and maybe a long term replacement for Kehl.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:42 pm

I'd get at least one CF, possibly two, a fullback, preferrably a RB, another CB, Santana is decent, but god forbid both Hummels and Subotic ever get injured - and a proper DM as a backup to Kehl.

Other than that they're golden. If they really want to splurge they can also get one more winger, though Leitner can play there.

IMHO they need to replace Lewa in the long term ,and get a good backup for him (better than Schieber) now, they need a Kehl/Bender-backup, another CB-backup, a Pisczeck backup (Großkreutz can stand in for Schmelzer if need be), and a Kuba-backup.

That's about it. Since they got a Gündogan-backup in either of Sahin and Leitner, with Kehl also having a decent grasp on the role, they would be pretty much perfectly covered on all positions with about 4 signings, so they could feasibly spend more than 10m on each.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Diouf, Dzeko, Jung, Baumgartlinger, Ginter pirat

impossible, but that'd be something..
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:06 pm

That would be nice indeed, though Jung (and maybe Rode) might be doable, they'd both probably prefer to leave Eintracht for somewhere they'd start.

Dzeko would be doable, but Watzke pretty clearly implyed they won't be moving for any big name signings, though sporting directors are notorious liars until a deal is done and dusted...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Dzeko would be really great
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:28 pm

One player i know they're after is Kevin Gameiro of PSG who is leaving this summer.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Well, Osvaldo would work great for them : ).
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Well, Dortmund for sure have learned from the Amoroso disaster, so I doubt they will go for overpriced players with overpriced wages.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down