barca 2011
Zealous
Kaladin
94 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

2022 Qatar World Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Qatar World Cup

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:55 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Now hold on, its unfair to say that US deserves it more. The middle east haven't gotten a WC in a long time. Sure there may be unrest around the area, and certain laws prohibit certain things, but come on guys. You never know with the WC, it might spark reform, it might even change the minds of the higher ups. Its not like the end of the world if Qatar hosts it, all i ask is just give them a chance. There's still 9 years for Qatar to improve

Well there is no unrest in places like Qatar & UAE. UAE is pretty open on all things and Qatar is trying to being UAE 2.0. In 9 years alot can happen.

China was award Olympics in 2001, and by 2008 Beijing and many others cities were fully transformed. I moved to Beijing in 2002, and by 2010 Beijing was completely different, alot less air pollution then currently, less sand storms, 10x transport system etc.

We should be more worried about Brazil and Russia for now, both aren't the most compelling of places either.... Brazil has a year to solve it's gang problems in big cities and Russia has issues with racism and other things.

TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:04 am

Real Kandahar wrote:maybe qatar should be forced to build a stadium where air ventilation and AC is amazing?

Good luck. Stll other problems as well which will be hard to fix.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:08 am

The Sanchez wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:maybe qatar should be forced to build a stadium where air ventilation and AC is amazing?

like?
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:33 am

I think the World Cup is going to be a blast.

FalcaoPunch wrote:I wish it'd been pick to be here in the states. Would have been awesome.
A WC in Qatar just has "flop" written all over it

Qatar's bid was better than America's, and they rightly deserved to win.

And saying that Qatar has flop written all over it is very ignorant and biased.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:43 am

Legend wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:

like?
Like wtf would people do all day long before the games, sit in the hotel, what an experience, lovely!!! If I am to go and watch 2 or more games what can I possibly do on my "free" days?
This is one of slightest issues!!!
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:54 am

What is the population like in Qatar?
How many of those are between the ages of 15-40? Is that really a world cup atmosphere???
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:58 am

I have horrible visions of 24ct gold vuvuzelas
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:32 am

In my visions the vuvuzelas are melting and it looks like a picasso painting
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:43 am

baresi wrote:
Legend wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:

like?
Like wtf would people do all day long before the games, sit in the hotel, what an experience, lovely!!! If I am to go and watch 2 or more games what can I possibly do on my "free" days?

you do know it's more then 9 years in the future...

Qatar aka Doha is a mini Dubai, it a few years it could even surpass them because of the investments they are doing. there are beaches, sand sports, water sports, coral reefs. They will have night clubs in a few years as they loosen their laws. They have racing tracks there..... Basically if people go to Dubai right now, in 9 years time they will want to go to Doha and rest of Qatar too

Qatar has also hosted Asian Cups, WTA Championships, Motocross etc

Go learn a bit about the country, it's not as uncivilized or barren as you think it is
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:54 am

7amood11 wrote:

This is what I've actually wanted to hear from someone who might be able to explain it. How was Qatar's bid better than the U.S', and what made it better?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:06 am

Let's not exaggerate the heat factor when it comes to the fans. It's only a problem for the players.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:09 am

Jack Daniels wrote:Let's not exaggerate the heat factor when it comes to the fans. It's only a problem for the players.
Are you serious?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:58 am

Jack Daniels wrote:Let's not exaggerate the heat factor when it comes to the fans. It's only a problem for the players.

well it shouldn't be a problem for the players, as stadiums will probably be cooled. However it might be pretty warm outside for the fans
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:02 am

barca 2011 wrote:
Are you serious?
Yes. Too hot? bring an Umbrella or Drink water.

People make it sound like it's uninhabitable. lol

It's the players that I'm more concerned of.

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:55 am

Jack Daniels wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:
Are you serious?

So you think that just sitting in that weather for upwards of 2 hours is no big deal? How would that "only" be a problem for the players when the fans would just be taking crazy sun like that? I'm not complaining since I'll be nowhere near there but to say that it's no biggie is just funny. And no one is saying that its UNinhabitable but your concern for the players just further drives the point of how bad an idea it is to host a football tournament in the dead heat of a desert summer. And somehow hosting it in the winter would be even dumber.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:04 am

To hold it in Qatar, winter or summer is a bad idea, for a plethora of reasons.
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:14 am

barca 2011 wrote:
7amood11 wrote:

This is what I've actually wanted to hear from someone who might be able to explain it. How was Qatar's bid better than the U.S', and what made it better?

This is why I preferred Qatar's bid over the US'. Note that in the end, a good case can be made for either bid being better.

I thought the presentation of Qatar's bid was better imo. They presented an incredible concept design of the planned stadiums, and they tackled many of the doubts in peoples' minds (drinking, heat, what happens if Israel qualifies, what will be done to the stadiums after the WC, etc.)

Also, it's going to be the first country in the region to ever host a WC, so some diversity is also a positive.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:16 am

barca 2011 wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:
Are you serious?

So you think that just sitting in that weather for upwards of 2 hours is no big deal? How would that "only" be a problem for the players when the fans would just be taking crazy sun like that? I'm not complaining since I'll be nowhere near there but to say that it's no biggie is just funny. And no one is saying that its UNinhabitable but your concern for the players just further drives the point of how bad an idea it is to host a football tournament in the dead heat of a desert summer. And somehow hosting it in the winter would be even dumber.

I've been living in that climate for several years now. For the fans, they're not doing any physical activity, so bringing an umbrella is more than enough to stay cool.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:27 am

baresi wrote:What is the population like in Qatar?
How many of those are between the ages of 15-40? Is that really a world cup atmosphere???

That's unfair, though, smaller countries will just draw more foreigners, more important than the actual local population would be hotel rooms available, infrastructure etc.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:30 am

7amood11 wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:

I've been living in that climate for several years now. For the fans, they're not doing any physical activity, so bringing an umbrella is more than enough to stay cool.
Ok, but you just said that one thing you admired about their bid is how they would tackle issues like the heat, and then you say that an umbrella would be more than enough for the heat. Is the heat solution just gonna be umbrellas or a winter World Cup?

Tbh honest the only positive that I see from this WC is that people who have never experienced hosting a WC will be able to do that, and be able to experience that buzz.

As far as the plan for the stadiums, what is it? Because almost every host nation that has to build new stadiums says they have a plan but what would Qatar do with theirs?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:04 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
I never said that holding the event in Qatar wasn't a good idea in fact I'm against it.

But the way people concern themselves about the heat is plain exaggeration. Yes it will be hot obviously, but it is not that a big deal for the fans.

The players will most probably suffer and that's one of the points on why I'm against this.

At least the weather there is dry unlike in some hot places where the humidity is high and will get sticky to the point where it might become uncomfortable. It's not really a big deal. It's not like the city is just an open area where there are no roofs and shades and you're going to be at the mercy of the sun all the time.

Just think about it.. Tourists from all around the world go there everyday so what makes you think it will be a huge factor when it comes to the fans?
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:40 pm

The heat is a huge concern considering this topic is about moving it to the winter.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:51 pm

JD, aside from "barca 2011" and possibly "baresi" I do not believe anyone else mentioned the heat being an issue for the fans (I personally do not care if fans do not want to sit in that type of heat) and most other posters seem to be concerned with scheduling and making such a drastic move in order for a Country to host a World Cup. I can only speak for myself, but when I heard issues about the heat, I immediately thought about the players running around in that type of weather. Perhaps you should lay off the alcohol...

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Just like i said.. I do have concerns about the heat when it comes to the players. But the fans nah.

And again, Im also against the wc being held at qatar more so during the winter.

Ps: do you really have to involve my love for alcohol? Lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:52 pm

THC 10 wrote:JD, aside from "barca 2011" and possibly "baresi" I do not believe anyone else mentioned the heat being an issue for the fans (I personally do not care if fans do not want to sit in that type of heat) and most other posters seem to be concerned with scheduling and making such a drastic move in order for a Country to host a World Cup. I can only speak for myself, but when I heard issues about the heat, I immediately thought about the players running around in that type of weather. Perhaps you should lay off the alcohol...
I dont mean to drag this on but I only kept going on the heat because someone said that they preferred Qatar's bid over the US' because of how they tackled the heat issue but instead of explaining how they would do that, they just said that bringing umbrellas would be enough. Is that the state-of-the-art air conditioning system everyone's talking about? That's literally the only reason I kept it going.
I'm not saying it's uninhabitable but people rave about these crazy new solutions about the weather and no one can actually explain it.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Legend wrote:
baresi wrote:
Legend wrote:

like?

you do know it's more then 9 years in the future...

Qatar aka Doha is a mini Dubai, it a few years it could even surpass them because of the investments they are doing. there are beaches, sand sports, water sports, coral reefs. They will have night clubs in a few years as they loosen their laws. They have racing tracks there..... Basically if people go to Dubai right now, in 9 years time they will want to go to Doha and rest of Qatar too

Qatar has also hosted Asian Cups, WTA Championships, Motocross etc

Go learn a bit about the country, it's not as uncivilized or barren as you think it is

All those you mentioned have been played during the winter season, anyway what beaches are we talking about here, men only or women only beaches? Cause I surely won't go to a "men only" beach and won't be allowed in a "women only" beach.... water sports in a 40+ temperature that seems a lot of fun and sun block, that I believe is too much for most ppl... I for one seriously mind the temperature even as a fan, why should I go watch a football game when the temperature is 40+ under shade.... How do you expect the players to perform after a tiring season and heavy preparation for the most prestigious football trophy?

now lets leave the weather talk and let me ask this:
Why Qatar, what has Qatar done to the world of football to deserve to host the WC? When hosting the AFC the Avg attendance was about 11,000/game!!! What have they won, what remarkable players did they produce? I can't find one good reason....
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next