urbaNRoots
McAgger
Donuts
Harmonica
futbol
70 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Cesc Crapregas Denunciation Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Cesc Crapregas Denunciation Thread

Post by futbol Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Fußball wrote:Cesc joins Chelsea. Mourinho's defensive fortress turns into a team that concedes 6 goals in 4 games.

Cesc leaves Barca. Defensive joke team Barca turns into a team that is yet to concede a meaningful shot on target after 3 games.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Cesc Crapregas Denunciation Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Cesc Crapregas Denunciation Thread

Post by Gil Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:59 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz We're 4 *bleep* games in.

If you analyze our 6 goals conceded this season, the only one the blame could be pinned on him is Terry's OG against Swansea and even that isn't solely his fault.

Unlike Barcelona, he'll actually improve defensively under Jose. Jose's main priority right now is to sort out our pressing and positional game in centre midfield, he only highlighted Cesc for his agenda but Ramires and Matic have been just as guilty this season. Cesc's intention (as pointed out in the vid) was to aggressively pressure the ball - but obviously you simply can't do that in a 2 man pivot, especially against Swansea's 3 man midfield which gave them an extra body.

Thankfully, the defensive effort and desire is there, both he and Matic need to be more intelligent in their pressing. By the way, in both you two's obsession to 'denounce' Cesc you actually made him look good there. There was a clip before Swansea's first goal in which his defensive positioning was perfect, he won the ball and set Matic on a counter to initiate an attack which is what he, Matic and Jose need to continue to work on at Cobham.

Besides, everyone knows Ramires will play all the big games especially away from home. That's his forte, it's why Madrid were after him in the summer. Cesc will continue to be used in the pivot against the 'lesser' sides.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:55 pm

I have no need to obsess about denouncing Cesc. He will do it for me with his awful defensive abilities.

Dont be so mad, I am merely posting a video. I dont care how Cesc does, he already failed with us. He can do what he likes now.

Mou will improve him? Lets see.

At least you seem realise what kind of football you will play in important games.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:31 am

It's obvious Cesc is the weak link in defence for us.

Anyone with half a brain can see that.

Hell, I'd target him with every attack if I were playing Chelsea.

And yet, he has 6 assists in 4 games. So it balances out at present.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:34 am

He should just play further up rather than at CM where nearly everyone agrees he is not meant to play. It's really no surprise at all that he struggles there. And while you could argue that positioning is one of those attributes that coaches can still influence in a player, if Pep was not able to I doubt Mou will either.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:41 am

I disagree partly, BC.

He does fine there when we played Swansea, Burnley and Leicester.

When we have a majority of possesion, he controls the game for us, like a proper DLP. He also gets forward and assists goals.

Against the bigger teams, he has no business playing there, I hope he doesn't start there against City, infact, I want us to play a 4-3-3 against them, with either Ramires or Oscar playing next to him.

Something like this is preferable for me:
Courtois
Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta
Matic
Fabregas Oscar/Ramires
Willian Costa Hazard

Willian and Ivanovic should be enough to cover Fabregas while Oscar/Ramires should be enough to help Azpilicueta.

He is yet to struggle in any game for us.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:29 am

Release Fabregas from defensive duties and let him do what he's WC at. I'm pretty sure Mourinho would sort it out.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:32 am

The problem is that Oscar is vital to us.

I want to see how it would work if we switched Oscar and Fab but I am not sure Oscar can handle a DM job in terms of defence, his strength is pressing high up the park, not sitting back and tackling.

Our system is very much a flawed system, yet it is getting results.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:42 am

i'll admit to not watching much of chelsea's games this season .

but oscar ? vital ? dude was crap last season and beyond crap in the world cup .

can't see why he wouldn't be benched in order for fabregas to play CAM .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:46 am

Kick wrote:
Something like this is preferable for me:
Courtois
Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta
Matic - Ramires
Willian/Oscar - Fabregas - Hazard
Costa

Fixed that for you.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:52 am

I knew someone would raise an eyebrow at that.

As funny as it sounds, he is.

Quite a few of us noted it against Everton, where he was injured.

What Oscar does very well is close down the defenders when on the ball. While it seems silly to play a AM who is there to mainly defend, it helps our system.
Oscar stops a lot of attacks before they begin, or slows them down allowing our defenders to get into a better position. He also encourages our Wingers and CF to press too which helps the system, without him, our wingers and CF do much less work. The reason why he has to play AM is because it allows us to keep our Wingers, CM's and defence behind him, meaning we have more men behind the ball should he not win the ball. If he did the same from CM, we'd have one less player to defend, which is not always ideal. He also tracks runs better than Cesc which also helps from AM as it's not a CM getting pulled out of position.

Chelsea defend in numbers so to have our AM doing a lot of defencive work is vital. Oscar is vital.

When Cesc plays there, we lose all that which is partly why we conceded 3 against Everton.

He also does not need to do the majority of playmaking like Ozil at Arsenal or Mata at Utd does.

Cesc, Hazard, Willian and sometimes even Matic can handle that. While I would like to see more assists and goals from Oscar, he chips in enough to keep him playing.

It's a thoroughly strange system but, as shown but our defencive system last season, it works.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:03 pm

If he starts vs City it can't be deep.

Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Goal conceded count league + CL:

Chelsea: 7
Barca: 0

The Cesc Fabregas effect. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:03 pm

he's at fault for schalke's goal .
he missed a sitter .
his goal should've been ruled out because of the foul he committed before passing the ball to hazard .

:coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:11 pm

Outstanding today. Best player on the pitch by a country mile.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:18 pm

farfan wrote:he's at fault for schalke's goal .
he missed a sitter .
his goal should've been ruled out because of the foul he committed before passing the ball to hazard .

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
he missed a sitter .

CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:23 pm

CBarca wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
he missed a sitter .

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:54 pm

Enough, if you keep quoting each other it is spam.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Gil wrote:Outstanding today. Best player on the pitch by a country mile.

No love for that Vintage 2012-esque league form display from Drogba?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Barca missed his influence imo. We completely owned the midfield with James-Modric-Kroos-Isco.

Gil I would like your thoughts on this :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:59 am

Zealous wrote:Barca missed his influence imo. We completely owned the midfield with James-Modric-Kroos-Isco.

Gil I would like your thoughts on this :coffee:

1 ½ months ago this would seem like a troll post but his absence has been glaring this season. They are 100% reliant on Messi for creativity this year and he's playing like a midfielder which completely limits his influence in the final third. Rakitic has been an awful signing, Iniesta has declined and Xavi is pretty much on his last legs, the year Cesc could finally be the main man in their team they decide to sell him.

I for one I'm glad he was left go, he's the best playmaker in the World as I've repeated for several years now. He misses one game yesterday and it was back to our 13-14 season where we were completely reliant on Hazard and set pieces. It was like night & day.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:09 am

'Cesc Fabregas - The man who just cant stop assisting' Proud

The Cesc Crapregas Denunciation Thread - Page 5 10847981_784004091745125_2231787368893257759_n
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:31 pm

rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:14 pm

13 - Cesc Fabregas now has 13 assists, as many as any player did in the Premier League last season (Gerrard - 13). Class.

Surpasses previous season's record in December Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:48 am

This guy, man.

This guy.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next