Mamad
chad4401
Onyx
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RMC:  Carlo told his players this morning he is staying at PSG Empty RMC: Carlo told his players this morning he is staying at PSG

Post by sportsczy Sun May 05, 2013 7:17 pm

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/376458/psg-ancelotti-a-ses-joueurs-je-reste/

Extended for 2 years apparently. If PSG win tonight, we'll know for sure at press conference. Probably will know either way...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

RMC:  Carlo told his players this morning he is staying at PSG Empty Re: RMC: Carlo told his players this morning he is staying at PSG

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 05, 2013 7:21 pm

can i get my piece out of my pant yet?

*must...resist...* bounce
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

RMC:  Carlo told his players this morning he is staying at PSG Empty Re: RMC: Carlo told his players this morning he is staying at PSG

Post by Onyx Sun May 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Prefer Heynckes/Klopp, so that's good news.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun May 05, 2013 7:27 pm

good news so we getting pelle back yet?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 05, 2013 7:28 pm

I think it will be Rafa Benitez unless Klopp jumps ship (i doubt it).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun May 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Benitez?? I'll kill someone if it happens.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Please.. no benitez
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun May 05, 2013 9:05 pm

It would be rude to leave when the fans and the club are doing so much to make him stay now tbh
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 05, 2013 9:59 pm

Benitez is actually a great coach that gets modern footy. he is just a tyran, but he is great tactician and chelsea plays good football. Much better than carlo if anything.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 05, 2013 10:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:I think it will be Rafa Benitez unless Klopp jumps ship (i doubt it).

Club isn't interested in Benitez as far as I can tell. He's probably on the list of candidates but probably very low. Rafa's issues and temperament are well documented in Spain, he wants Mourinho like authority but he doesn't actually have Mourinho like results lol

Madrid will try a lot of coaches before they go for him. My money is on Heynckes as I don't think Klopp will be willing to work in Spain just yet.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 05, 2013 10:06 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Benitez is actually a great coach that gets modern footy. he is just a tyran, but he is great tactician and chelsea plays good football. Much better than carlo if anything.

May as well keep Mourinho then.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 05, 2013 10:11 pm

Impossible for Mourinho to stay... he's pissed everyone off lol. Flo would lose the election if that happened.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Apologize in advance but....Mancini

>Tactically Malleable
>Manages players and dressing room issues effectively.
>Rotates, Keeps players happy with their playing time.

Won't bother to list the down sides. they're there. Would also be a risk for Perez.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Apologize in advance but....Mancini

>Tactically Malleable
>Manages players and dressing room issues effectively.
>Rotates, Keeps players happy with their playing time.

Won't bother to list the down sides. they're there. Would also be a risk for Perez.
did you just suggest...mancini coaching Madrid? affraid
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Mancini has his upside for sure but I'm not willing to risk it.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Any other non-Benitez suggestions. I like Benitez and all - but some calm and peace would be nice. Just want a coach who will foster the basics of pressing and quick pass and move play - but who will be willing enough to listen to constructive input from the players. We have champions out there, they always want to improve, someone who can take advantage of that would be nice. We don't need someone to be daddy, we need a cool uncle who will let them be.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 05, 2013 11:18 pm

would benitez really be at war with the madrid press and the players? him being a madridista and all?

If it's confirmed that Carlo is not going, then it will become very interesting situation. Heynckes is available, Benitez is out there, but Laudrup is still the man to me.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sun May 05, 2013 11:30 pm

Laudrup :bow:
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 05, 2013 11:38 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Any other non-Benitez suggestions. I like Benitez and all - but some calm and peace would be nice. Just want a coach who will foster the basics of pressing and quick pass and move play - but who will be willing enough to listen to constructive input from the players. We have champions out there, they always want to improve, someone who can take advantage of that would be nice. We don't need someone to be daddy, we need a cool uncle who will let them be.

Laudrup :wub:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun May 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Benitez is a madridista through and through
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 05, 2013 11:51 pm

The press will back him initially - they'll support his hiring. They'll be more lenient than they were with Mourinhio - but they will do their gossip and speculation. Overall he'll get more support than anyone has recently because he has a good relationship with the Madrid press - outside of official football matters. He can deal with the press that - that's not a concern.

It's the players I'm worried about - Benitez is cold blooded - he micro-manages and never genuinely puts his trust in the players. He'll rotate in his haphazard way and they won't like it - and by all accounts he isn't someone who communicates effectively.

Wouldn't mind Laudrup - but as I think someone said earlier - I doubt he wants this.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 05, 2013 11:57 pm

Heynckes has Bayern pressing tactically, possession wise they're good, defensively he's good, he's been at the club before, experienced etc etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 06, 2013 12:14 am

Le Samourai wrote:The press will back him initially - they'll support his hiring. They'll be more lenient than they were with Mourinhio - but they will do their gossip and speculation. Overall he'll get more support than anyone has recently because he has a good relationship with the Madrid press - outside of official football matters. He can deal with the press that - that's not a concern.

It's the players I'm worried about - Benitez is cold blooded - he micro-manages and never genuinely puts his trust in the players. He'll rotate in his haphazard way and they won't like it - and by all accounts he isn't someone who communicates effectively.

Wouldn't mind Laudrup - but as I think someone said earlier - I doubt he wants this.
benitez is the kind of manager that wants to design his team by himself. He doesnt want anything imposed on hom and he will make cold blooded choices, and things can go bad internally because of it.

I still believe Laudrup is everything we are looking for, if you consider his ability to play good football, to inspire, to deal with stars and the discipline swansea has shown tactically this year. He has got it. But does he want the drama? until sanchez picks up the phone and reaches out to him we will never know for sure.

I also see a lot of brilliance in Pochettino but he is very young and might not have that experience of a large dressing room like in madrid.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon May 06, 2013 12:14 am

Heyneckes and Bayern aren't doing a anything we and Mourinhio didn't do last year.The main difference is that he was dealt slightly better cards.

Bayern handed him the deepest quad in Europe without a clear cut star - and as a result no one to suck up to. He inherited a Van Gaal educated squad capable of multidimensional play - and got players who enhanced that.He's convinced the problem guys to share the ball and defend- and as a result they play better football.

Mourinhio did the same last year - with basically the same effect. Everyone was pretty desperate for success, just as Bayern players were after their failures last season.

Heyneckes will be very short term - 2 years maximum - maybe less and I don't like the process. This is how we hired Mourinhio - he feels like a replacement Mourinhio. He probably won't be a dick like Jose - but I don't think he's going to do a much different or better job.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 06, 2013 12:22 am

I agree on Heynckes' ability to transform our team as van Gaal did it for him at Bayern. Raised the same question few months back. very fair criticism imo something not a lot of people look at. I will say however that when you look at their shape tacticaly, it's stronger than what mourinho achieved with us. the way they press and keep the distance in between the lines balanced is superb. You cant take that away from him.

Looking at a manager that can induce the kind of change Van Gaal did at Bayern when he got there is the most important thing, but it's not like they are running around those people.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next