Mamad
chad4401
Onyx
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RMC:  Carlo told his players this morning he is staying at PSG - Page 2 Empty Re: RMC: Carlo told his players this morning he is staying at PSG

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 06, 2013 12:22 am

I agree on Heynckes' ability to transform our team as van Gaal did it for him at Bayern. Raised the same question few months back. very fair criticism imo something not a lot of people look at. I will say however that when you look at their shape tacticaly, it's stronger than what mourinho achieved with us. the way they press and keep the distance in between the lines balanced is superb. You cant take that away from him.

Looking at a manager that can induce the kind of change Van Gaal did at Bayern when he got there is the most important thing, but it's not like they are running around those people.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

RMC:  Carlo told his players this morning he is staying at PSG - Page 2 Empty Re: RMC: Carlo told his players this morning he is staying at PSG

Post by Onyx Mon May 06, 2013 12:24 am

Heynckes isn't one dimensional like Mourinho though. Mourinho just relies on counter-attacking, whereas Heynckes is intelligent tactically, defensively good, possession is good, counter-attack etc.

Having a long term manager can be beneficial, however there's nothing really wrong with having a short term manager either. Especially considering Perez will probably want instant success again, since Mourinho didn't win the CL.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon May 06, 2013 12:25 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:The press will back him initially - they'll support his hiring. They'll be more lenient than they were with Mourinhio - but they will do their gossip and speculation. Overall he'll get more support than anyone has recently because he has a good relationship with the Madrid press - outside of official football matters. He can deal with the press that - that's not a concern.

It's the players I'm worried about - Benitez is cold blooded - he micro-manages and never genuinely puts his trust in the players. He'll rotate in his haphazard way and they won't like it - and by all accounts he isn't someone who communicates effectively.

Wouldn't mind Laudrup - but as I think someone said earlier - I doubt he wants this.
benitez is the kind of manager that wants to design his team by himself. He doesnt want anything imposed on hom and he will make cold blooded choices, and things can go bad internally because of it.

Exactly. Benitez is better tactically, he will build a better team. But someone will have a problem, someone will have a suggestion - someone who feels like anything needed to better the team needs to be discussed. That - I fear - will fall on deaf ears with Benitez - which will create similar issues to the ones we see today.

I think it's equally important that someone is able to effectively communicate with the players - massage their ego's somewhat and extract their useful suggestions. They're big men - not little children you tell ----> "Go do this" "Go do that." I want a coach who will foster good underlying defensive and offensive habits - and let the players do the rest.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon May 06, 2013 12:36 am

Benitez will flop

Not because he is a bad manager. Because he has zero man management

You really think he can discipline the likes of casillas, ramos, and benz? We would have a rebellion in a few weeks

@sam

do you really need to bring up CR, even subtly?
Blaming all our problems on one player isn't the solution. We have to look deeper then that
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 06, 2013 7:01 am

Heyncks ssiad a couple of days ago that, at the age he is, he's had enough of working, He's notgoong to manage anyone. He's retiring.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Mon May 06, 2013 8:54 am

It has to be Klopp, he has a perfect style for madrid, he develops players into distroyers like no other (maybe winger though), he is young.

Heyncks is like a backup plan, he is too old, if he is gonno coach us, for how many years, 1,2. Not enough.

We need to invest in future, like dortmund, klopp is the answer.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 06, 2013 10:48 am

L'Equipe chimed in and it is much more reliable than RMC: http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Ancelotti-va-rencontrer-le-prince/368735

Basically, Carlo is going to meet with the Qatari prince in the next couple of days to discuss things. When PSG made CL quarters, his contract automatically kicked in an extra year. But Carlo is not happy with just one more year. The discussion is going to be centered around a 2 year extension with a higher wage.

But l'Equipe is saying that Carlo is still leaning towards joining Madrid. This meeting would have to swing him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue May 07, 2013 12:50 am

I don't want carlo here. I don't think he'll do well.. i have a bad feeling..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2