iftikhar
rwo power
TenMenWonTheLeague
21 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Celtic - Page 4 Empty Re: Celtic

Post by Kick Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:41 am

Perhaps create a general SPL thread yourself?

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:12 am

Alrighty, was just a thought. Will get on that : )
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Not been able to post much due to work commitments.

We've been good in the league this year with only 1 loss coming away to Aberdeen with 10 men and in truth we probably deserved to win. Top we have played much more entertaining football in 2014 as well with some big victories and we claimed our 3rd title in a row away to Partick Thistle with a 5-1 win. However our performance in cup competitions have been pretty awful. Getting knocked out by Morton and Aberdeen which really isn't good enough. Even in the Champions League getting beat 3-0 at home off a poor Milan team was embarrassing despite the massive gap in resources.

Yesterday our assistant manager Johan Mjallby announced he will leave at the end of the season, most likely to try his hand in management. Nobody is really too sure who will replace him yet.

Just hoping we can finally sign the players that we need in the summer. A clinical striker is a must with none of Stokes, Griffiths, Balde or Pukki being good enough. It's also looking more and more likely that Samaras will leave this summer on a free transfer Sad 

Out of our January signings Johansen has really impressed but the less said about Griffiths the better who despite playing well enough has lost the support due to off field antics. We also signed Holmbert Frdjonsson who hasn't really been given a chance. Also most of our summer signings were failures with the exception of Van Dijk who has been excellent and Biton who was really impressing before injury. Boerrigter and Pukki in particular have been massive disappointments.

TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:47 pm

6-0 win over Inverness today. Good performance.

Also Commons won SPL player's player of the year today.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:00 pm

Deserved. Scored so many goals from midfield and all around play was just excellent.

Stevie May would have been my next choice
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:59 pm

Our youth team won the glasgow cup, beating Rangers 1-0  Very Happy 

There was a stand full worth of fans there and the at atmosphere was quite good.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Miss the proper old firm derbies
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:14 pm

The first time we play them will be insane.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Thu May 22, 2014 4:32 pm

Lennon left his position of manager today. Nobody is really sure who will replace him yet. I just hope it's not Larsson or Coyle.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 22, 2014 4:45 pm

If Lennon left because of lack of funds, it might have been the wrong decision. As far as I know Celtic spend pretty much what they earn and that's how football clubs should ideally operate. Unless you want to end up like Rangers, for instance.

As for the successor, there seems to quite a lot unemployed British managers at the moment, so Celtic should have quite a nice pool to choose from. I'd be surprised if Owen Coyle was the best Celtic can do. Like, why not approach Steve Clarke? A Scotsman, too.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Thu May 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Art Morte wrote:If Lennon left because of lack of funds, it might have been the wrong decision. As far as I know Celtic spend pretty much what they earn and that's how football clubs should ideally operate. Unless you want to end up like Rangers, for instance.

As for the successor, there seems to quite a lot unemployed British managers at the moment, so Celtic should have quite a nice pool to choose from. I'd be surprised if Owen Coyle was the best Celtic can do. Like, why not approach Steve Clarke? A Scotsman, too.

I'd be happy enough with Clarke. I'd maybe like to see us go for somebody a bit outside the box who will implement a proper playing style.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 22, 2014 7:51 pm

TenMenWonTheLeague wrote:
Art Morte wrote:If Lennon left because of lack of funds, it might have been the wrong decision. As far as I know Celtic spend pretty much what they earn and that's how football clubs should ideally operate. Unless you want to end up like Rangers, for instance.

I'd be happy enough with Clarke. I'd maybe like to see us go for somebody a bit outside the box who will implement a proper playing style.

You might be better off in Europe with a defensive approach and you're going to win the SPL anyway, so personally I'd go with some no-nonsense manager.

Inevitably Moyes's name has been mentioned in speculation, might not be a bad idea. He would also have good contacts in England and might be able to bring in a player or two who would otherwise be out of reach.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri May 23, 2014 2:49 am

Better off in Europe with a defensive approach? Good football doesn't mean they will lose/get thrashed it can be equally effective as defensive football.

Anyway, realistically they're not going to win the CL anyway. They'll probably win the league again, the only way to better it is winning the league+playing good football.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed May 28, 2014 2:22 am

so who should be new Celtic manager?
Italian rumours say Di Canio close to be him . It would be a big return for PDC ( DAT Scottish league with Di Canio - Gascoigne to battle for the title :bow: ProudProud)
I've read also Moyes
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Sat May 31, 2014 10:38 am

Looks like it's going to be Roy Keane with a more experienced coach as assistant manager. Think we are going to go down the more continental approach of having a director of football as well.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:15 pm

Ronny Deila (current manager of Stromgodset) is to be unveiled as manager tomorrow. Next season will certainly be interesting.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:18 pm

TenMenWonTheLeague wrote:Ronny Deila (current manager of Stromgodset) is to be unveiled as manager tomorrow. Next season will certainly be interesting.

Who???

Is this a case of Celtic identifying him as a future managerial star or just the club's inability to attract anyone better known? Smile
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Art Morte wrote:
TenMenWonTheLeague wrote:Ronny Deila (current manager of Stromgodset) is to be unveiled as manager tomorrow. Next season will certainly be interesting.

Who???

Is this a case of Celtic identifying him as a future managerial star or just the club's inability to attract anyone better known? Smile

I hope it's the first one. He appears to be a good fit with our signing policy in the way that he likes to develop players and sell them on for a profit. He has also been described as the Norwegian Klopp so next season will hopefully be entertaining. I for one am already looking forward to it.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:09 pm

We are also supposed to be signing Craig Gordon. Seriously hope that it's only as back up.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:22 am

Wow, haven't heard of Craig Gordon in ages! I remember when he burst onto the scene and everyone thought he'd be a top class GK.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:09 am

Was Gordon the one who got some very long-term injury and hasn't been able to play for a couple of years or something like that? Or am I confusing him with someone, I dunno.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:00 pm

^Yeah, I think so Art.

He made the save that won best premier league save ever. I remember when De Gea came to Man Utd he broke Craig Gordan's transfer fee for a goalie in the PL as well.

______

Stole this from RedCafe:

Brilliant signing by Celtic, but as a Strømsgodset supporter, this makes me really sad...

Background:
Played for Strømsgodset until 2008, when he retired as a player at the age of 32. He then took over as a manager, when Fagermo left the team. During these 6 years, Deila managed to turn a bottom half team of no-namers into a force to reckon with. He won the Norwegian Cup in 2010, finished 2nd in the league in 2012, and won the league in 2013. This was with minimal resources, while constantly losing his best players.

Personality:

Deila is pretty much the Norwegian Klopp. He's young, passionate, has a clear philosophy, expects a lot from his players, and knows how to squeeze out every last drop of talent. No manager in Norway for a really long time has been better than Deila at developing youth. He's constantly had to sell his best players, but he always manages to bounce back. He's not been able to sign any big names either, but that has not stopped him.

Deila's football is all about attack. He wants his defense line to stay high up the pitch, and nothing makes him more angry than when the other team manages to push his team back. He wants to dominate possession and create a shitload of chances. Sometimes his football is very pass-and-move, other times it's more quick and counter-attacking. It all depends on the game. As long as his team is the one setting the tempo and pushing the other team back, it doesn't matter.

Although he is a passionate down-to-earth guy, he's very calm and collected during interviews. He's also surprisingly polite and humble. They will often invite him to the football studios as an expert, because he's a very intelligent guy as well. Most football supporters in Norway seems to have a high opinion on him, even supporters from rival teams.

He generally likes to play 4-3-3, with offensive fullbacks.

What Celtic can expect:

Attacking football and focus on youth development. There will be no more parking the bus in Champions League under Deila. This is the man who tried to make his players constantly attack when Strømsgodset played Atletico Madrid in the Europa League a couple of years ago. He fears no opponent, and is not willing to sit back.

Seeing as Deila is the type of manager who wants every player to perform as well as possible, I think he'll put most of his focus on Europe. Seeing as Celtic already is pretty much guaranteed to win the league, it will be hard for him to motivate the players like he did when he managed an underdog team like Strømsgodset.

Home Record

He's got a Mourinho-esque home record! In fact, his team recently got the record for most consecutive home league games without defeat(44 games). This is the same record as the legendary Rosenborg team of the 90s, which is the only Norwegian club in history who could hope to play European football and do a decent job. If Deila can avoid a loss in the next game, then Strømsgodset will break Rosenborg's record.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:45 am

Well we won our first competitive game under Deila away to KR 1-0. Should've been a lot more, we hit the post/bar 3 times and completely dominated. I think it may take a while for Deila to put his stamp in this team though.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:27 am

We got Legia in the next round. They're probably the best team we've had to face in the qualifiers but we should still have enough to go through.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciprian Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:54 am

They were decent with Steaua last year, in play-off. We had some troubles.
Ciprian
Ciprian
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:21 am

Ciprian wrote:They were decent with Steaua last year, in play-off. We had some troubles.

They're definitely a class above anything we've had to play in the qualifiers in recent years but I feel we are starting to look a better with our new style of play. I think we will have a bit too much quality for them.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next