Toffer Harley
Art Morte
cyberman
53 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Wilshere has been found out - Page 5 Empty Re: Wilshere has been found out

Post by Swanhends Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:36 am

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:I'm sorry but what's so amazing about this Willy lad?

This guy on the other hand: Wilshere has been found out - Page 5 N_chelsea_fc_joshua_mceachran-3342984

GOAT :bow:

.......wait is it not 2010 anymore? ah my bad

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:06 am

Swanhends wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:I'm sorry but what's so amazing about this Willy lad?

This guy on the other hand: Wilshere has been found out - Page 5 N_chelsea_fc_joshua_mceachran-3342984

GOAT :bow:

.......wait is it not 2010 anymore? ah my bad

Are you Lex in disguise?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:32 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:and why is it wenger that cant bring anything new to the players? how about wilshere not being as good as people hyped him up to be?

This.

Wilshere is one of the most overrated players I have ever seen. If he were not English no one would know or care who he was. Like I said years ago there tons of players in his age class that don't have half the press he gets and are twice as good.

Hell, Pep said it best saying Barcelona's B team has a bunch of players as good as Jack Wilshere. And we have a good majority of EPL fans on here saying he would walk into any team in the world except for Barca and Bayern.

Wilshere's whole career was made off of one Champions League tie against Barcelona. Which BTW he didn't even score in or anything like that he had a nice floor game and that's it. IF we crowned every young player who played well against Barca in La Liga there would be Jack Wilshere's running all over the place.

He is one of the worst decision makers in the final third I have ever seen, he loses the ball all over the place and he can't shoot or play DM so what does he really do? Injuries suck for everyone and this guy has been injured a good amount but people use it as a crutch as the 2011-2012 year was ruined by injuries but in the season before that and the 2 after he has played 46, 26, and 34 games for Arsenal. That's a good sample size to know what kind of player he is.

BTW, I was mocked on here for saying Yaya Toure was already a better player than him and Daniel Sturridge and Ox were better young prospects than he was.

I don't really get the man love Arsenal and EPL fans have for this guy, he's really achieved nothing for the club and can barely score a goal a year in the league for them and no one cares when they send the likes of Santi Cazorla to the bench for this clown. IT's puzzling.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:37 am

What garbage. Wilshere not good enough? Laughing He is the most talented midfielder to come out since Gasciogne. Why the sudden doubts when he is injured?

I respect Scholes's career. Great player and he might even have some points regarding Arsenal but he couldn't be more wrong about Wilshere. I don't even know where to start.

He hasn't progressed as he was destined to because he was injured for 2 years. But of course he has improved since he was 18. It's clear to see for everyone who actually watch Arsenal.

See the garbage display without him this season and compare it to when he played.

Oh, but I forgot in GL we only rate players when the teams are doing great but ridicule them when a team are on a decline/poor form.

I mean, look how people slated Gerrard when Liverpool weren't doing as good as now but suddenly he is 'one of the best' again (Not that I disagree, but reminding of the general notion)
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:38 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:and why is it wenger that cant bring anything new to the players? how about wilshere not being as good as people hyped him up to be?

This.

Wilshere is one of the most overrated players I have ever seen.  If he were not English no one would know or care who he was.  Like I said years ago there tons of players in his age class that don't have half the press he gets and are twice as good.

Hell, Pep said it best saying Barcelona's B team has a bunch of players as good as Jack Wilshere.  And we have a good majority of EPL fans on here saying he would walk into any team in the world except for Barca and Bayern.

Wilshere's whole career was made off of one Champions League tie against Barcelona.  Which BTW he didn't even score in or anything like that he had a nice floor game and that's it.  IF we crowned every young player who played well against Barca in La Liga there would be Jack Wilshere's running all over the place.

He is one of the worst decision makers in the final third I have ever seen, he loses the ball all over the place and he can't shoot or play DM so what does he really do?  Injuries suck for everyone and this guy has been injured a good amount but people use it as a crutch as the 2011-2012 year was ruined by injuries but in the season before that and the 2 after he has played 46, 26, and 34 games for Arsenal.  That's a good sample size to know what kind of player he is.

BTW, I was mocked on here for saying Yaya Toure was already a better player than him and Daniel Sturridge and Ox were better young prospects than he was.  

I don't really get the man love Arsenal and EPL fans have for this guy, he's really achieved nothing for the club and can barely score a goal a year in the league for them and no one cares when they send the likes of Santi Cazorla to the bench for this clown.  IT's puzzling.  

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/didnt-read-lol-gif-6.gif
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:52 am

Wilshere is an extremely talented midfielder, but he has a few fatal flaws. For one.. he holds on to the ball forever, similar to modric.. except modric has a better final pass and dribbling, while wilshere is more of an athlete. The thing is that wilsheres flaws are so bad for his position. I mean as a CM, you have to have your decision making down as well as your tactical awareness.. he has neither..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:53 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't think its down to solely injuries tbh.... its a factor but its not the sole factor.

He hasn't matured mentally, which is something i constantly mention when talking about Wilshere.

I said a year ago that his decision making and movement hasn't improved and quite frankly it still hasn't.

I believe in him but Scholes is right.

Obviously it didn't improve, it got worse. Why did it get worse after his injury? His mentality went into reverse? It obviously stems from him not being able to play consistently, in good condition.

I don't know if people really know all the information about wilshere's fitness problems up till now, so this is basically his timeline:

At 19 and 5 months years old he sustains an injury that stops him playing until he's 20 and 10 months old. In his operation on his ankle he had pins put in which would cause him more problems later.

By the time he was match fit again he was 21 years old. After that he started playing well. He got another injury 3 months later and the pins in his ankle became a problem.  For the next 3 months he was relegated to the bench and put on painkillers, during that time he put in the worst performances of his career and his recovery was completely stalled.

He then had another operation at the end of last season to remove the pins causing him pain. The time spent recovering from that caused him to miss the start of pre season and as a result he started this season in bad form.

This season continued with wilshere having a lot of little niggly injuries and wenger called it a "period of stabilization" for his ankle.

He started playing consistently and his form improved this season as he turned 22 in January, when he then suffered another niggly setback, and his form went down again. Then, just recently he picked up another injury that will keep him until just before the end of this season.

So to summarize that, since the age of 19 till now, he's been able to play consistently at full fitness for about 4 months..... yet people are looking for other reasons to explain his lack of development???? Laughing
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:26 am

So l guess Scholes has moved on from making rash tackles to making rash comments  :coffee: 
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:27 am

Better than Yaya Toure IMO.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:50 am

RealGunner wrote:What garbage. Wilshere not good enough? :lol:He is England's most talented midfielder to come out since Gasciogne. Why the sudden doubts when he is injured?

I respect Scholes's career. Great player and he might even have some points regarding Arsenal but he couldn't be more wrong about Wilshere. I don't even know where to start.

He hasn't progressed as he was destined to because he was injured for 2 years. But of course he has improved since he was 18. It's clear to see for everyone who actually watch Arsenal.

See the garbage display without him this season and compare it to when he played.

Oh, but I forgot in GL we only rate players when the teams are doing great but ridicule them when a team are on a decline/poor form.

I mean, look how people slated Gerrard when Liverpool weren't doing as good as now but suddenly he is 'one of the best' again (Not that I disagree, but reminding of the general notion)

Sorry to be a d-bag, but, fixed.
Fuchsteufelswild
Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:39 am

RealGunner wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

This.

Wilshere is one of the most overrated players I have ever seen.  If he were not English no one would know or care who he was.  Like I said years ago there tons of players in his age class that don't have half the press he gets and are twice as good.

Hell, Pep said it best saying Barcelona's B team has a bunch of players as good as Jack Wilshere.  And we have a good majority of EPL fans on here saying he would walk into any team in the world except for Barca and Bayern.

Wilshere's whole career was made off of one Champions League tie against Barcelona.  Which BTW he didn't even score in or anything like that he had a nice floor game and that's it.  IF we crowned every young player who played well against Barca in La Liga there would be Jack Wilshere's running all over the place.

He is one of the worst decision makers in the final third I have ever seen, he loses the ball all over the place and he can't shoot or play DM so what does he really do?  Injuries suck for everyone and this guy has been injured a good amount but people use it as a crutch as the 2011-2012 year was ruined by injuries but in the season before that and the 2 after he has played 46, 26, and 34 games for Arsenal.  That's a good sample size to know what kind of player he is.

I don't really get the man love Arsenal and EPL fans have for this guy, he's really achieved nothing for the club and can barely score a goal a year in the league for them and no one cares when they send the likes of Santi Cazorla to the bench for this clown.  IT's puzzling.  

That's not surprising, maybe you should start to read logic so you don't keep embarrassing yourself on this topic like your other posts on this subject below.  I'm just trying to help you out and to a previous post of yours my opinion as always has nothing to do with Arsenal's current form etc, I've been pretty consistent on this topic for years now,

Not denying that. His drop of the shoulder, centre of gravity and burst of acceleration is messi-esque but I have seen enough of him to say he can't be a Messi. He has added goals this season but he is one of those who rather give an assist than score. Messi on the other hand is a primary goal scorer and that's his no 1 job and role in the team.

-RealGunner (This is in response to a fellow Gunner fan comparing Wilshere to Messi)

He is definitely better than Gundogan and Sahin. Bastian is more experienced so atm i don't think jack will displace him atm. Maybe in 2 years.

To the question, IMO he will walk into any side which isn't Barca or Bayern.

Oh and to eradicate the myths, Wilshere isn't injury prone. He has had 1 long term injury in his entire career and that is it. He played 49 games in his 1st season with no injuries at all.

-RealGunner

Ask Madrid fans who would they rather have between Alonso or Wilshere. And i agree Ozil is better.

-RealGunner

So you think Modric and Banega are better than wilshere ?

-RealGunner

I don't know. Seen Kroos once this season and 4 times last season lol. But if you think kroos is better than you might be right since you are not an Arsenal fan and you have seen Kroos far more times.

I am an Arsenal fan, obviously i would pick Wilshere ahead of him. Unless he is Xavi, iniesta or cesc. I won't take anyone lol

-RealGunner

BTW I was being kind to you here.  I could have stretched this post out a mile long with your nonsense on this topic.  So please next time this comes up tape your hands together and run away from the keyboard.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:50 am

To be fair to Scholes, Wilshere has never had any real long stretch of consistency.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:33 am

Dnmac is always angry Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:39 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't think its down to solely injuries tbh.... its a factor but its not the sole factor.

He hasn't matured mentally, which is something i constantly mention when talking about Wilshere.

I said a year ago that his decision making and movement hasn't improved and quite frankly it still hasn't.

I believe in him but Scholes is right.

I agree. Then again, these things, tactical maturity, decision making when to dribble (Wilshere's dibblings now often are ridiculously mistimed and hopeless) etc might just come at a later age.

If you think for how many years Schweinsteiger was a frustrating player and inconsistent, it took Van Gaal to fix this, put him in a certain position with ceratin tasks, and suddenly..

I take no special pleasure in saying this, with all the Wenger bashing after the Chelsea game, but Wilshere might benefit and improve once he has a manager that can improve him in those regards.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:38 pm

El Cujo wrote:

I think the problem is that it's hard to differentiate between the two when Wilshere came on and was so effective at a young age. What people don't realize is that there is so much more to just being good at a young age meaning you are going to be amazing afterwards. Development is not linear. People see things like what is happening with Henderson for example and assume that if a young talent isn't progressing it's due to the manager, but there is just many different layers: role, talent, managers, tactics, training staff, supporting cast etc.

Wilshere has never really struck me as an exceptional talent though. Hard worker and passionate, but nothing really exceptional about his game.

My comment was more on Wenger not bringing anything new and improving Arsenal, thats been clear for years now.

Wilshere from the games I have seen him in hes talented and one of the best England midfielders these days, thats for sure. Hes good all round, and I cant think of another who has so many good qualities like him. Flaws or not, It would be good to see another top manager come in and see if he will progress and improve.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:00 pm

How many midfielders are the finished product at 22? As much as I criticize him as a player he's missed about 2 years of his development due to injuries.

And he's nowhere near the most talented. Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard and most likely Barkley were far superior as things stand. Yeah he can ghost past players unlike Lampard, Scholes and Gerrard but that's about it for him.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

This.

That's not surprising, maybe you should start to read logic so you don't keep embarrassing yourself on this topic like your other posts on this subject below.  I'm just trying to help you out and to a previous post of yours my opinion as always has nothing to do with Arsenal's current form etc, I've been pretty consistent on this topic for years now,

Not denying that. His drop of the shoulder, centre of gravity and burst of acceleration is messi-esque but I have seen enough of him to say he can't be a Messi. He has added goals this season but he is one of those who rather give an assist than score. Messi on the other hand is a primary goal scorer and that's his no 1 job and role in the team.

-RealGunner (This is in response to a fellow Gunner fan comparing Wilshere to Messi)

He is definitely better than Gundogan and Sahin. Bastian is more experienced so atm i don't think jack will displace him atm. Maybe in 2 years.

To the question, IMO he will walk into any side which isn't Barca or Bayern.

Oh and to eradicate the myths, Wilshere isn't injury prone. He has had 1 long term injury in his entire career and that is it. He played 49 games in his 1st season with no injuries at all.

-RealGunner

Ask Madrid fans who would they rather have between Alonso or Wilshere. And i agree Ozil is better.

-RealGunner

So you think Modric and Banega are better than wilshere ?

-RealGunner

I don't know. Seen Kroos once this season and 4 times last season lol. But if you think kroos is better than you might be right since you are not an Arsenal fan and you have seen Kroos far more times.

I am an Arsenal fan, obviously i would pick Wilshere ahead of him. Unless he is Xavi, iniesta or cesc. I won't take anyone lol

-RealGunner

BTW I was being kind to you here.  I could have stretched this post out a mile long with your nonsense on this topic.  So please next time this comes up tape your hands together and run away from the keyboard.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/237/621/c8a.gif
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:21 pm

Red Alert wrote:To be fair to Scholes, Wilshere has never had any real long stretch of consistency.

Yea, he nearly had that this season when he went full 9 games without getting injured. He was our MOTM for 3 games in a row as well but sadly got injured again.

If you remember the Anfield game, him and Oxlade were the only ones who actually came with their heads high.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:03 pm

Gil wrote:How many midfielders are the finished product at 22? As much as I criticize him as a player he's missed about 2 years of his development due to injuries.

And he's nowhere near the most talented. Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard and most likely Barkley were far superior as things stand. Yeah he can ghost past players unlike Lampard, Scholes and Gerrard but that's about it for him.

I mean I agree to a point. I think everyone is sympathetic to some of the injury woes he has had that has stopped him from maturing to his full potential (what ever that is) I don't think it's very high as he has no instinct for offensive football.

It's just Arsenal and EPL fans don't do him any justice when there comparing him to Messi or RealGunner used Gerrard in this thread or saying he can walk into any team in the world etc etc. They give him no room to mature because they are arguing tooth and nail that he is better then some of the best midfielders in the world.

My comments were always centered around he is not even an elite prospect in his age group which is really where the conversation should be.

I mean off the top of my head, Neymar, Koke (Can you imagine how popular he would be if he were English?), Pogba, Isco, Thiago, Iker Munian,, Verratti, Shaqiri, Draxler,,Ox-Chamberlain,, Raheem Sterling, Alaba, Coutinho, Tello, James Rodriguez, Oscar, Goetze etc etcd

I could go on and on.

Wilshere and his fans need to concentrate on him being better than these players his own age then telling everyone he can walk into any club team in Europe except for Barca and Bayern or comparing him with Messi, Iniesta or Xabi Alonso.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
Gil wrote:How many midfielders are the finished product at 22? As much as I criticize him as a player he's missed about 2 years of his development due to injuries.

I mean I agree to a point.  I think everyone is sympathetic to some of the injury woes he has had that has stopped him from maturing to his full potential (what ever that is) I don't think it's very high as he has no instinct for offensive football.

It's just Arsenal and EPL fans don't do him any justice when there comparing him to Messi or RealGunner used Gerrard in this thread or saying he can walk into any team in the world etc etc.  They give him no room to mature because they are arguing tooth and nail that he is better then some of the best midfielders in the world.

My comments were always centered around he is not even an elite prospect in his age group which is really where the conversation should be.

I mean off the top of my head, Neymar, Koke (Can you imagine how popular he would be if he were English?), Pogba, Isco, Thiago, Iker Munian,, Verratti, Shaqiri, Draxler,,Ox-Chamberlain,, Raheem Sterling, Alaba, Coutinho, Tello, James Rodriguez, Oscar, Goetze etc etcd

I could go on and on.  

Wilshere and his fans need to concentrate on him being better than these players his own age then telling everyone he can walk into any club team in Europe except for Barca and Bayern or comparing him with Messi, Iniesta or Xabi Alonso.

You've lost your credibility with that  :facepalm: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:17 am

Valkyrja wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

I mean I agree to a point.  I think everyone is sympathetic to some of the injury woes he has had that has stopped him from maturing to his full potential (what ever that is) I don't think it's very high as he has no instinct for offensive football.

It's just Arsenal and EPL fans don't do him any justice when there comparing him to Messi or RealGunner used Gerrard in this thread or saying he can walk into any team in the world etc etc.  They give him no room to mature because they are arguing tooth and nail that he is better then some of the best midfielders in the world.

I could go on and on.  

You've lost your credibility with that  :facepalm: 

Yeah, you do know Tello has more league goals in 12 starts and a handful of substitutions in one year than Wilshere does in his whole Arsenal career, right?

Just keep believing the lie.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:48 pm

I mean I said he's overrated all the time and still belive that but seriously..... is Wilshere a striker or why would you care about his goalscoring record?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:22 am

Why would you compare an inside forward with a center midfielder in terms of goals?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 14, 2014 10:59 pm

M99 wrote:Paul Scholes says that Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has not progressed as a player since he made his debut in 2008.

The former Manchester United midfielder appeared as a pundit on Sky Sports on Tuesday night and spoke openly about the troubles facing Arsene Wenger's side, whom he says are "a million miles away" from winning the Premier League title.

"Jack Wilshere, he came on the scene and what a really top young player he looked but he's never really gone on," Scholes remarked. "Now he needs people like [Patrick] Vieira next to him to take him to the next level.

"Injuries haven't helped him, no, but his development from being 17 years of age ... he doesn't look any better a player now than he did when he was 17."

Wilshere on Scholes' comments a few months ago that he hasn't improved since he burst on to the scene:

"I remember watching it, he was having a go at Arsenal, and I was thinking: 'Is he going to come for me?' I sat down and talked to my dad, and a few of the coaches here, and I just wanted to hear what he thinks. I respect him so much and I think he can make a great coach for any young player. He has been there and done it so I wanted to hear what he had to say. We had quite a good chat. He is entitled to his opinion.

"If it had come from a rubbish player I could say what are you talking about? But it came from Paul Scholes. So I wanted to get to the bottom of it. I spoke to him, he explained it a bit better and told me what he thought I should work on. For me he was the best English midfielder of all time.

"He was right in a certain way. When I first burst on to the scene there was all this talk. I have had bad luck with injuries but I can't keep saying I've been injured a lot. There comes a time when you stop being a kid and I think that's what he's referring to. You have to start fulfilling that potential. This season I have improved a lot, scored a few more than I have in the past and got a few more assists. That side of things, you can keep the ball and you can look good but it's those stats that matter. That's what I have to build on."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 14, 2014 11:09 pm

cyberman wrote:The great white hope has been shown up for the great teenager / cant progress middle of the road player that he is.
Is he holding? Attacking? If there was a role inbetween that would be perfect. The just there role.
Wheres wilshere playing? Just there...
Howd he play? He was just there..
Looooooool
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 14, 2014 11:13 pm

M99 wrote:
M99 wrote:Paul Scholes says that Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has not progressed as a player since he made his debut in 2008.

The former Manchester United midfielder appeared as a pundit on Sky Sports on Tuesday night and spoke openly about the troubles facing Arsene Wenger's side, whom he says are "a million miles away" from winning the Premier League title.

"Jack Wilshere, he came on the scene and what a really top young player he looked but he's never really gone on," Scholes remarked. "Now he needs people like [Patrick] Vieira next to him to take him to the next level.

"Injuries haven't helped him, no, but his development from being 17 years of age ... he doesn't look any better a player now than he did when he was 17."

Wilshere on Scholes' comments a few months ago that he hasn't improved since he burst on to the scene:

"I remember watching it, he was having a go at Arsenal, and I was thinking: 'Is he going to come for me?' I sat down and talked to my dad, and a few of the coaches here, and I just wanted to hear what he thinks. I respect him so much and I think he can make a great coach for any young player. He has been there and done it so I wanted to hear what he had to say. We had quite a good chat. He is entitled to his opinion.

"If it had come from a rubbish player I could say what are you talking about? But it came from Paul Scholes. So I wanted to get to the bottom of it. I spoke to him, he explained it a bit better and told me what he thought I should work on. For me he was the best English midfielder of all time.

"He was right in a certain way. When I first burst on to the scene there was all this talk. I have had bad luck with injuries but I can't keep saying I've been injured a lot. There comes a time when you stop being a kid and I think that's what he's referring to. You have to start fulfilling that potential. This season I have improved a lot, scored a few more than I have in the past and got a few more assists. That side of things, you can keep the ball and you can look good but it's those stats that matter. That's what I have to build on."
Jack :bow:

Injuries play an important part in a player's progress, we all know that.
Best for him is just to hope that he has a good while staying healthy and away from the Arsenal injury list and then he'll fulfil his potential.
I know this.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next