Art Morte
cyberman
53 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Wilshere has been found out - Page 6 Empty Re: Wilshere has been found out

Post by El Gunner Wed May 14, 2014 10:13 pm

M99 wrote:
M99 wrote:Paul Scholes says that Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has not progressed as a player since he made his debut in 2008.

The former Manchester United midfielder appeared as a pundit on Sky Sports on Tuesday night and spoke openly about the troubles facing Arsene Wenger's side, whom he says are "a million miles away" from winning the Premier League title.

"Jack Wilshere, he came on the scene and what a really top young player he looked but he's never really gone on," Scholes remarked. "Now he needs people like [Patrick] Vieira next to him to take him to the next level.

"Injuries haven't helped him, no, but his development from being 17 years of age ... he doesn't look any better a player now than he did when he was 17."

Wilshere on Scholes' comments a few months ago that he hasn't improved since he burst on to the scene:

"I remember watching it, he was having a go at Arsenal, and I was thinking: 'Is he going to come for me?' I sat down and talked to my dad, and a few of the coaches here, and I just wanted to hear what he thinks. I respect him so much and I think he can make a great coach for any young player. He has been there and done it so I wanted to hear what he had to say. We had quite a good chat. He is entitled to his opinion.

"If it had come from a rubbish player I could say what are you talking about? But it came from Paul Scholes. So I wanted to get to the bottom of it. I spoke to him, he explained it a bit better and told me what he thought I should work on. For me he was the best English midfielder of all time.

"He was right in a certain way. When I first burst on to the scene there was all this talk. I have had bad luck with injuries but I can't keep saying I've been injured a lot. There comes a time when you stop being a kid and I think that's what he's referring to. You have to start fulfilling that potential. This season I have improved a lot, scored a few more than I have in the past and got a few more assists. That side of things, you can keep the ball and you can look good but it's those stats that matter. That's what I have to build on."
Jack :bow:

Injuries play an important part in a player's progress, we all know that.
Best for him is just to hope that he has a good while staying healthy and away from the Arsenal injury list and then he'll fulfil his potential.
I know this.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 14, 2014 10:23 pm

He just needs a full season without injury tbh. I agreed with what Scholes said as well.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 14, 2014 10:40 pm

Injuries have definitely hampered his progress. However if he was to stay fit, then where would he play with Ramsey already in the starting 11? They need a DM next to him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 15, 2014 2:07 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Injuries have definitely hampered his progress. However if he was to stay fit, then where would he play with Ramsey already in the starting 11? They need a DM next to him.

And that's exactly where Alex Song comes into play.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 15, 2014 4:33 am

Alex Song. DM. Lulz.

Anyways great quote by Wilshere, he sounds like he really has his feet on the ground.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6