Kaladin
RedOranje
McAgger
27 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Winter Window || Jan 2014 - Page 10 Empty Re: Winter Window || Jan 2014

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:51 pm

Yeah I'm reading a lot of Reges and Salah. Don't know how much they'd improve the first team really as I haven't seen too much of either. Fernando I've seen only in CL and he looks a player but Salah I've never watched extensively.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Some TV programm wrote:FC Basel and Egypt star Mohamed Salah is expected to join Liverpool in January, says former teammate and close friend Mohamed Zika.
In an interview on Egyptian TV programme ‘Kora Kol Yoam’ hosted by Karim Shehata, Mohamed Salah’s former Arab Contractors teammate Mohamed Zika reveals the Basel star is likely to join Brendan Rodgers’ side in January.
Karim Shehata explained that Mohamed Salah called Zika a few days ago to invite him to his wedding – which was yesterday – and he later told the Ismaily midfielder that he’s ’99%’ certain to join Liverpool this January.
Host Shehata added that Salah was hoping Basel would progress in the Champions League before deciding on his future, but after they were eliminated following a 2-0 loss to Schalke, the Egyptian is anxious for a move in January.
When Zika was asked to confirm this dialogue with the 21-year-old Basel star, he said: “Basically, yes. Inshallah (if God wills).”
“He makes us and all of Egypt proud. Everyone talks about Mohamed Salah now. And aside from that he’s my friend, so I’m even happier for him,” he added.
This comes after Salah’s recent eye catching performances in Europe as he just narrowly missed out on reaching the Champions League knockout stages with Basel.
According to the Daily Mail, Liverpool coach Brendan Rodgers flew to Germany last Wednesday to watch Salah in action against Schalke in the Champions League, and are now prepared to make a £12 million offer for the Egyptian winger.
Salah, who already has 17 international goals to his name, has scored 10 goals so far this season - including two Champions League strikes against Mourinho’s Chelsea.
The Egyptian winger, who recently said he is focused with Basel and not on the bids being reported by the press, named Real Madrid, Manchester United and Chelsea among his favorite clubs.
looks like we are in for it...i just hope it will be another signing like Coutinho and Sturridge, absolutely no idea if the guy is worth 12m

http://www.kingfut.com/2013/12/19/video-salah-to-join-liverpool-january-former-teammate-zika/
I think this is Egyptian football site

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:46 pm

f*ck i just found out that this guy has just 7 months left on his contract, i didnt know that before. If he is any good as seen in that video on a consistent basis, why isnt he already a liverpool player, we should be all over him, his family, porto, portugal....get this guy fffs

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:13 am

From what I've read / heard about Salah, he's another player that's all potential... we need experienced first team players. And by experience, I mean 23 to around 26 , we need players that WILL improve the starting XI and get better at the same time as they approach their prime. If Salah improves us, well then, sure. But again, from what I've read he's very raw.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:16 am

On Salah:

don't know how reliable the whole his best friend said story is, i dont even know if there is a best friend but it's no secret we've been watching him for a while now

Brendan is a fan and he ticks all the boxes, I wouldnt go as far to say 99% because nobody has really said its a certainty but I'd say it's a very likely he's coming

(this is not me coming out and declaring anything before everybody gets excited, just that yes we have been watching him, yes we are interested, yes he ticks all the boxes, not saying he's officially coming I personally believe there is a very likely chance of it happening)

From a guy that works in Liverpool albeit as a coach, not a 'scout'.

Basel seem to make decent prospects, though. Xhaka, Shaqiri...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:39 am

Who's "Sport Direct News"? It sounds like a newspaper based in Newcastle. They have us in for Cabaye. Hope not.

Swansea rumoured to want Aspas on loan.

Rodgers has stated he doesn't want anyone to leave the club (bar a few loan moves, Ibe etc I think) and wants to bring in a few to improve the team.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:58 am

I haven't seen much (very little actually) of Fernando. From what I have read, he seems to be same quality of Lucas. So even if he doesn't improve the starting XI, it will be a quality back-up for a position we have no cover.

I have seen a bit of Salah and he seems better than Raheem as he is older and played more. RWO will give a detailed and objective brief on this as I will ask her.

Anyway, I will be damned if we pay more than £10 million for the pair.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:04 am

Hope he's not a similar type of player to Sterling.

Sick for this signing for the future crap. Sign for the present, get us back up there, and our future looks 1,000 times better than just signing kids with potential.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:19 am

Would be megalols if we loan out Aspas right in the next window since buying him.

This Salah guy, is he predominantly a left winger? That's what we need. Never seen him play, but on paper it looks neat. Basel have been doing a really good job for a number of years now. And this guy's goals-per-game is tremendous according to Wiki, 19 in 47 for Basel and 17 in 27 for Egypt. Then again, Aspas looked good on paper, too.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Fernando is the same as Lucas in terms of quality and he's also a DM. Can't hurt to have him if he's cheap... and Lucas is stuggling with form + always an injury concern.

Good purchase depending on the price.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Heavy rumours saying he'll be sold in the summer as he'll accept a contract renewal with Porto very soon. (His contract was set t expires in the summer.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:33 pm

Art Morte wrote:Would be megalols if we loan out Aspas right in the next window since buying him.

This Salah guy, is he predominantly a left winger? That's what we need. Never seen him play, but on paper it looks neat. Basel have been doing a really good job for a number of years now. And this guy's goals-per-game is tremendous according to Wiki, 19 in 47 for Basel and 17 in 27 for Egypt. Then again, Aspas looked good on paper, too.

I personally don't think we need a left winger, but Kacaniklic from Fulham (one of the former ex Liverpool academy players that was sacked from Hodgson for PFK) contract expires in the summer. Definitely seems talented, and looks good. Wonder if we'll put in a bid in for him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Red Alert wrote:From what I've read / heard about Salah, he's another player that's all potential... we need experienced first team players. And by experience, I mean 23 to around 26 , we need players that WILL improve the starting XI and get better at the same time as they approach their prime. If Salah improves us, well then, sure. But again, from what I've read he's very raw.
rightly put, if we somehow manage to get a player/MF who is in the range of very good to WC and who is mature enough to contribute immediatel, we will even compete for title or something  drunken 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Would be megalols if we loan out Aspas right in the next window since buying him.

I personally don't think we need a left winger, but Kacaniklic from Fulham (one of the former ex Liverpool academy players that was sacked from Hodgson for PFK) contract expires in the summer. Definitely seems talented, and looks good. Wonder if we'll put in a bid in for him.
no Kacaniklic pls, i mean i have seem him so many times missing sitters. Dont know how good of a footballer he is and his stats but we already have players so NO PL

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:50 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Red Alert wrote:From what I've read / heard about Salah, he's another player that's all potential... we need experienced first team players. And by experience, I mean 23 to around 26 , we need players that WILL improve the starting XI and get better at the same time as they approach their prime. If Salah improves us, well then, sure. But again, from what I've read he's very raw.
rightly put, if we somehow manage to get a player/MF who is in the range of very good to WC and who is mature enough to contribute immediatel, we will even compete for title or something  drunken 

Pessimist Red Alert agrees with you.

Get a number 10 / goalscoring CAM and I won't be surprised if we actually do fight fo the league.

That is, if we play attacking possession based and drop operation SAS.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Well Salah looks a tricky little player on Youtube but then again so did Assaidi. Thus comes the question of fitting into the EPL. Also would agree with everyone on the fact that he looks more of a potential player rather then a ready starter which BR has repeatedly said he wants.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:53 pm

the only thing he has more experience than Assaidi in terms of European football, he always scores important goals for them. Not that I want him, just sayin

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:53 pm

With Suarez signing a new deal, and us being in a European spot in January, I won't be surprised if we can get that EXTRA quality that we've been missing in the past because we weren't in the CL.

Hamsik on loan, please Rafa. Twisted Evil
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Well i sort of feel that it can be the opposite too, that in order to convince Suarez both Ayre and BR might have given a more concrete plan ahead. . which may easily include potential targets for January!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:59 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:the only thing he has more experience than Assaidi in terms of European football, he always scores important goals for them. Not that I want him, just sayin

No doubt his stats are very strongly in his favor. Now so were of Aspas to certain extent.

But i rest my case by saying he is known as the "Egyptian Messi"  Shocked so who knows!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Suarez has a say in transfers now, he's alread signing 18 year olds from Uruguay. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Red Alert wrote:Suarez has a say in transfers now, he's alread signing 18 year olds from Uruguay. :coffee:

I guess you are being sarcastic but then again he did suggest one player from Uruguay i forgot the name!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Red Alert wrote:

We have no left-wingers, of course we need one!
And Coutinho is the CAM you want, said by Rodgers himself that he sees his best position be in the center. So get in a left winger and then a CM to compete with Lucas Gerrard Allen and we're sorted
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

And Coutinho is the CAM you want, said by Rodgers himself that he sees his best position be in the center. So get in a left winger and then a CM to compete with Lucas Gerrard Allen and we're sorted

We need someone better than Coutinho to play in the CAM role.
We play with inverted wingers. Which means Coutinho is our "left winger". Sterling can also play there. Coutinho and Sterling are good enough. Hence, my aspirations in wanting a CAM.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Salah has played in Europe and thus, IMO, is more proven player (than Assaidi, Aspas, Moses, Raheem). But, as some of you have rightly pointed out, it's to be seen if he can fit into EPL. If truth be told, no North African impressed in EPL in recent years. However, I'm rather high on Salah and basically drooling :-)
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

We need someone better than Coutinho to play in the CAM role.
We play with inverted wingers. Which means Coutinho is our "left winger". Sterling can also play there. Coutinho and Sterling are good enough. Hence, my aspirations in wanting a CAM.

Better than Coutinho? But the lad is 21 and is one of our better players, has avereged more than 0.5 points (goals + assists) per game. We will improve more as a team if we get competition for Lucas Gerrard Allen rather than for Coutinho, who in my book is currently better than any of those three
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next