sportsczy
chad4401
Onyx
The_Badger
BarrileteCosmico
45 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Where will Ilkay Gündogan play in the next season?

The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 6 ]
The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 5 ]
The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 23

The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:58 pm

Sahin was never as good as Gundogan. Still, a midfield of Modric-Xabi-Gundogan is compatible and up there with the best imo

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilkay Gündogan Transfer Speculation Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:01 pm

I agree, Sahin was better and still is.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:07 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Yes he shouldn't go to Madrid because of Sahin (despite Real not having the maniac as coach anymore), instead he should join Kagawa who's been such a huge success under Moyes.

if you wanna throw a genuinely good player and a featherweight asia marketing campaign (which competes for a position with rooney in freakin england) in one basket then so be it.

apart from that the message has to be seen in context. RM still has alonso, ManU has no one for gündogan's position.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:10 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I agree, Sahin was better and still is.

Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:17 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Sahin was never as good as Gundogan. Still, a midfield of Modric-Xabi-Gundogan is compatible and up there with the best imo

Wasn't Sahin crowed best bundi player few years ago ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:40 pm

Bénin wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Sahin was never as good as Gundogan. Still, a midfield of Modric-Xabi-Gundogan is compatible and up there with the best imo

Wasn't Sahin crowed best bundi player few years ago ?

Yes, but the league wasn't at its best. It was in a poor state. He had a good season, but never showed Gundogan's 2012-13 level, or even 11-12.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:46 pm

11-12 level? Shows how much you watched Dortmund back then, Gündogan was a huge flop until 2012 Laughing stop with your embarrassing posts.

Sahin this season has surpassed Gündogan and I'm not even going to mention his season before he joined Real Madrid.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Gundogan is one of those guys on GL who is rated like a genius of a kind
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:50 pm

How's his history with injury?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Gundogan's father admitted that Barcelona have been in contact for a while.

would be good for him to come with a 34 year old Xavi as his competition it's a no brainer he'll get a lot of minutes.

plus we need another German player in the squad to keep Andre Ter Stegen company Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:52 pm

Actually Donuts hit the nail on the head. Having two Germans too keep each other company, ala Ozil/Kheidra at RM when they arrived is actually probably appealing offer they can tell Gundogan (Not that Real Madrid can't also offer that, but who knows if Kheidra will still be there start next season).
Rossell: "Hey Gundogan, while your adapting to the language, you can be with our other German kid on the team (Ter Stegen). Ya'll can help each other out until you fully adapt to Spanish". It's a plus to add in there to help sway the kid

That said I doubt we land him. Plus I want to know more about his injury before anything
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:56 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I see not just MT but quite a few Madrid fans saying that....

I don't get it personally.... for one Alonso probably has like 2 years of top quality max left and secondly Gundogan shits all over anything else Madrid has.

Anyway i always expected him to go to Spain so if Madrid are truly pulling out then it will be Barca IMO.
or maybe it's time to mindlessly overrate him like he is the second coming of matthaus or something. he was very good last season, but Modric is having a great year, and Illarra is quite excellent and settling very well.

better than our players means what to us? he had one very good season at club level so he is forever better? sounds a bit ridiculous to me. And better at what exaclty? because the lads we have around are doing their job quite well. He really isnt needed given the type of players we already have around. Us trying to sign a Vidal makes much more sense.

He was the best CM in the CL last season along with Javi Martinez, i'm not exactly overrating to say he's better than bloody Modric and Illara.

Sure he has to prove he can do it again after Injury but Illara and Modric will never get to that level.

Doesn't really sound like Madrid to settle for what they have, one someone better is available.

Also Illara and Modric have been performing well supposedly against mid table trash.... what happens when as usual they don't show up in the games that matter? because that's almost certain to happen.

If you allow him to go to Barca without anything as a fight then you will regret it IMO.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:57 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:11-12 level? Shows how much you watched Dortmund back then, Gündogan was a huge flop until 2012 :lol:stop with your embarrassing posts.

Sahin this season has surpassed Gündogan and I'm not even going to mention his season before he joined Real Madrid.

The great Sahin who has Dortmund in 4th? yeah i'm sure he has.

Sahin has never been at the level Gundogan was last season, stop putting him down because you know he's leaving.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:02 am

Modric was arguably motm vs Man Utd and Dortmund last season, 2 big games. Also was our best mid vs Barca in the Clasico this season. He's a complete midfielder this season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:02 am

Also it's easy for Sahin to surpass Gundogan this season given that Gundogan has hardly featured due to injury lol

Sahin, better this season than the guy that's not playing
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:04 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Modric was arguably motm vs Man Utd and Dortmund last season, 2 big games. Also was our best mid vs Barca in the Clasico this season. He's a complete midfielder this season.

MOTM as a sub against 10 men? MOTM in a game where Dortmund were coasting after winning the first leg 4-1? MOTM against Barca when Barca Dominated long periods?

rofl

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:05 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Modric was arguably motm vs Man Utd and Dortmund last season, 2 big games. Also was our best mid vs Barca in the Clasico this season. He's a complete midfielder this season.

Modric caught fire and scored after Nani got sent off and Man Utd had 10 men and lost confidence. Looked like *bleep* Levante could of ran them over with the way they reacted to being one man down lol Smile

Great Leader Spence - Mole or whatever they call him is beating me to all points lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:13 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I see not just MT but quite a few Madrid fans saying that....

I don't get it personally.... for one Alonso probably has like 2 years of top quality max left and secondly Gundogan shits all over anything else Madrid has.

Anyway i always expected him to go to Spain so if Madrid are truly pulling out then it will be Barca IMO.
or maybe it's time to mindlessly overrate him like he is the second coming of matthaus or something. he was very good last season, but Modric is having a great year, and Illarra is quite excellent and settling very well.

better than our players means what to us? he had one very good season at club level so he is forever better? sounds a bit ridiculous to me. And better at what exaclty? because the lads we have around are doing their job quite well. He really isnt needed given the type of players we already have around. Us trying to sign a Vidal makes much more sense.

He was the best CM in the CL last season along with Javi Martinez, i'm not exactly overrating to say he's better than bloody Modric and Illara.

Sure he has to prove he can do it again after Injury but Illara and Modric will never get to that level.

Doesn't really sound like Madrid to settle for what they have, one someone better is available.

Also Illara and Modric have been performing well supposedly against mid table trash.... what happens when as usual they don't show up in the games that matter? because that's almost certain to happen.

If you allow him to go to Barca without anything as a fight then you will regret it IMO.

lol mole, let's not play mdme irma ok? Gundogan success in CL as as much a success of his own team being collectively so much better than most, than his own talent. We saw Sahin in his prime, he was fantastic in Dortmund, again, product of his team's system.

But you are making it sound like Illarra or Modric cant have long term success on their own in madrid, which sounds a bit ridiculous to me.

Reality is that Madrid are still a mess, and even if we were to sign Gundogan, i doubt without us collectively improving, he would turned out as an instant elite and dominant player.

I would also argue that part of barcelona's success is knowing who they are and what they want. They hardly change, so whether it's gundogan or another talented player they sign, the stable environment they have around their club will always be of significant benefit to whoever they sign.

I can argue with you for example that if Hazard had signed for them two years ago instead of chelski for example, he would have developed at a much faster rate and would be much better now.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:14 am

I like you, Yohan. You make The_Badger laugh.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:14 am

http://www.goallegacy.net/t29937-ilkay-gundogan-appreciation-thread

Why is some people who were wanking off to him in this thread hating now?

I don't get it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:21 am

i dont think it's hating, he is a great player, no one will deny that. But you are asking us to ignore everything our players are doing atm because they can never be as good. just sounds a bit silly that's all.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:30 am

Winter is Coming wrote:How's his history with injury?

Well right now he is injured and has pretty much been injured the entire season allowing Sahin to take his place.

Here is where I would put the probabilities of him playing next year:
1) Real Madrid
2) Man U
3) Barcelona
4) BVB

Really can't see him staying even though I think he should.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:30 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:11-12 level? Shows how much you watched Dortmund back then, Gündogan was a huge flop until 2012 :lol:stop with your embarrassing posts.

The great Sahin who has Dortmund in 4th? yeah i'm sure he has.

Sahin has never been at the level Gundogan was last season, stop putting him down because you know he's leaving.

Yes, because of their best player this season (alongside Großkreutz) Dortmund are 4th :facepalm:, you know very well why they are 4th and I'm sure as hell it's not Gündogan because Sahin has been amazing this half season and made sure Gündogan won't be missed during his absence.

And how am I putting him down? All I'm saying is that Sahin is better than Gündogan at almost everything a midfielder needs, that doesn't mean I'm 'putting him down', it only means that Sahin is a better footballer.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:40 am

Anyway since Xavi confirmed he won't be leaving Barça - that's one optiom less innit? I can see Mourinho getting in, in the summer when Fat Frank moves on.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:59 am

sorry, urbanroots, but Dortmund ARE missing Gündogan badly.
But anyway this is not either/or, it's not like only one of Sahin or Gündogan can be a great player.

imo Sahin isn't back yet where he was before he left for Real, this season he has been nowhere near as commanding as Gündogan was last season.
Of course this also has to do with the team as a whole, and the injury problems they're having.

Nick has a point though. You see what happened with Sahin at Real and Liverpool, with Kagawa at Utd, players can shine and thrive within a working team, and if they come into a team that's not working just as well they can look worse suddenly.
Who knows how good Gündogan, or someone like Koke for that matter, would fare if they for example would have to play within a team as devoid of any system and idea like Utd.

When Gündogan joined Dortmund as Sahin's replacement it took Klopp quite a while to get him there, that's why I think it would be the right thing to stay, at least for a while after the injury. He should renew his contract, and then in 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 years when he wants to leave he can make some real money for Dortmund.
Still if he leaves in summer I'd say it won't be to Utd, it should be Barca.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:00 am

I bet it will be Bayern Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next