M99
BarrileteCosmico
guest_07
BarcaLearning
54 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Who will win the WC?

Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_lcap28%Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 9 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_lcap9%Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_lcap28%Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 9 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_lcap9%Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 32

Who will win the WC? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the WC?

Post by futbol Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Ganso wrote:i will take a huge dump on fussball's head if we win the WC

Come at me in the betting thread, brah. Proud

Is there a World Cup edition betting thread? hmm Get on it, M99.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:10 pm

Fußball wrote:
Ganso wrote:i will take a huge dump on fussball's head if we win the WC

Come at me in the betting thread, brah. Proud

Is there a World Cup edition betting thread? hmm Get on it, M99.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t35765-the-official-2014-fifa-world-cup-betting-thread
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:12 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Argentina having advantage in Brazil.  Laughing 

If that's laughable then how about 2 people believing Uruguay will win WC 2014.  Rolling Eyes 

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:16 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:I have a funny feeling that Colombia will make it to the semis hmm

Quite a bold feeling. They tend to disappoint when heavy expectations are placed on them the best example being 1994. Now they have lost their talisman in Falcao. Their coach Pekerman can commit harakiri at times. Overall they do have a reasonably balanced squad and the environmental conditions should help them but I still won't bet on them.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 pm

Zealous wrote:I guess Brazil and Argentina would favourites but I'll also add France, England, Portugal and Belgium as dark horses.

I'm interested to see how Bosnia do as well.

England as dark horse? The only way I can see them have any chance of going beyond quarters is if other big teams depart early as happened in WC 2002.

Belgium are being seriously overrated. Teams not been there and done that can rarely handle this kind of pressure. Second round is the maximum for them.

Bosnia is the interesting one. Some of us are likening them to Serbia and expect them to under-perform. However they could do better. For the time being though I have predicted Nigeria to come out of group F at the expense of them.

France I was rating very highly, even so high as to be my 4th favourites for the title and capable of beating Germany in the quarters but after Ribery's exit my confidence in them has decreased.

Portugal tend to over-perform. I would certainly not count them out. Also it's not just about Cristiano. They are a very solid, hard working and resolute team that are very difficult to beat when it really counts.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:25 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Puzzled at Italy getting 6 votes? They were out in the group stage last WC, under Lippi. I dont feel they have improved much since then, Balotelli I just cant help but feel will in these big stages.

What? This team has almost zero similarities with Lippi's WC 2010 team. Reaching Euro final and being so close to Confed final is not much of an improvement from being eliminated in the group stages at WC 2010?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:26 pm

Valkyrja wrote:England will be the big surprise of this WC

Big surprise in the sense no one would have expected them to get 0 points and 0 goals but they will make that happen. Just kidding.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:27 pm

rwo power wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Puzzled at Italy getting 6 votes? They were out in the group stage last WC, under Lippi. I dont feel they have improved much since then, Balotelli I just cant help but feel will in these big stages.
There are usually two teams you can never count out, no matter which players they take along: Germany and Italy.

It's one of the greatest truths in the entire history of international football.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:55 am

Apologies, probably mine selective memory trying to discount Italy Razz They are different style and playing more attractive than 2010. On paper though they are not great for me. But ur all right, they should be respected as always since they got the experience and mentality to perform in the big tournaments.

Part of me dont want to see them succeed so soon though cos of how they won 2006 WC, would much prefer most other teams to win it tbh.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:05 pm

after 42 votes Brazil and Arg leading the way with Germany and Spain just behind.... it will not be much surprising if that happens truly though Italy can jump on the boat as well. I don think France can make the top four...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:57 pm

neuro11 wrote:after 42 votes Brazil and Arg leading the way with Germany and Spain just behind.... it will not be much surprising if that happens truly though Italy can jump on the boat as well. I don think France can make the top four...

In these votes it's Germany and Italy who are sharing third place with Spain further behind.

I had France in my top four but after Ribery's injury on one hand I want to redo my predictions and on the other hand I am too lazy to change.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:39 am

I found an interesting map today that helps me illustrate the point about Argentina's weather vs Brazil's:

http://birthoffootball.techstepsolutions.co.uk/

Notice how the large majority of players are born in subtropical weather. Argentines have no more weather advantage than a Spanish, Sicilian, Texan or Australian.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:53 am

Just can't see how any defense can stop that quartet of Higuain, Di Maria, Messi and Aguero. With Lavezzi as a supersub.

And 3 World class defenders in Mascherano, Garay and Zabaleta at the back
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:56 am

Palacio is better than Lavezzi Mr.6 goals every year :coffee:

Anyway , I voted Germany.
I've bet even money on them (but I did it before Reus got injured)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:02 am

Has anyone mentioned just how *bleep* Brazil are if Neymar gets injured or doesn't perform? Oscar is way out of form and Hulk can't carry a team.

Out of all the elite NT's in this tournament, they're the team the most reliant on a single player (apart from Portugal anyway).
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:03 am

Robespierre wrote:Palacio is better than Lavezzi Mr.6 goals every year :coffee:

3 goals for Argentina in 9 years rofl
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:09 am

I thought Mascherano played in midfield for Argentina. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:19 am

Gil wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Palacio is better than Lavezzi Mr.6 goals every year :coffee:

3 goals for Argentina in 9 years rofl

to be honest Gil I have always rated Palacio better than Lavezzi , it has nothing to do with Inter , I thought it also when he was to Genoa and not called in Seleccion . Infact I wanted him and not Lavezzi in 2012. And the results proved my thought  because he  was called  for Brazil 2014. :coffee:
He has always scored more than Lavezzi in Serie A, even when Gasperini put it far from attack .  Scored same goals than Higuain with no penalty kicks this year . Lavezzi has scored 17 goals in 3 years probably Laughing
Palacio is s more intelligent and he has most ability to play football  ( " poor man's Milito "  hmm ) while Lavezzi is definitely more speed.
Oh yes , Lavezzi is always Chelsea killer but I don't think it is a quality, just a tradition.

I don't care about performances in NT, probably Martin Palermo has scored more goals than Diego Milito
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:07 am

To be honest, Palacio looked far more sharper than Lavezzi (whom i never liked)...If fit, palacio should be the super sub not lavezzi....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:09 am

messixaviesta wrote:
neuro11 wrote:after 42 votes Brazil and Arg leading the way with Germany and Spain just behind.... it will not be much surprising if that happens truly though Italy can jump on the boat as well. I don think France can make the top four...

In these votes it's Germany and Italy who are sharing third place with Spain further behind.

I had France in my top four but after Ribery's injury on one hand I want to redo my predictions and on the other hand I am too lazy to change.

sorry for my mistake... i mistook the list to be ordered ...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:28 pm

If we (Argentina of course, who else  Cool ) can get past that cursed QF stage then its gonna be our year. Dont really matter who we will come up against, we somehow will find a way to mess it up in the quarter final. Such is that jinx Mad: Players will be wary of that, and it will take something special to get out of it. Portugal, Germany and all can easily beat us there. But if we can make it to the semis, we will see a different Argentina.. quote me on that.

The team when compared to the past two editions I think is much better and cohesive. Last time under Maradona especially 🤦it was like 11 players on the pitch playing 11 different way. So Sabella is a huge upgrade in that regard.

Also on the Left back position I heard Marcos Rojo is a nightmarish weak link. Is he that bad a player? He is rated 4 out of 10 in the fantasy league. pale
Anyone care to shed some light on him ? Dont exactly know much about the guy.

I think Germany will be the best European team and they can reach as far as the final. but wont win it. Laughing

Spain will be a flop and they will struggle to get out of that group. Btw I am surprised I havent seen a single comment about the Dutch on this thread. On their day they can beat anybody and can even top that group ahead of Spain. And in Chile you will find your dark horse, quote me again on that as well. Smile

Italy is an interesting case. But then again thats the toughest group by a fraction. England is not certainly going to be pushover like many here are thinking. If Italy can get out of that group alive then they can reach as far the Semis.

France has the easiest draw   Shocked  Its like they can rest their main players and field their B team in the group games to prevent further injury. Such is the mediocrity of that group.Swiss will be their only challenge and that again is a very manageable challenge. So they should reach the QF. But anything beyond that well I am not so sure. But yea with France we never know.  pirat 

I want Begium and Japan to do well. Hopefully they can reach QF.

Portugal true, they are much stronger than many people are thinking they are. and they will always try to punch above their weights. A semi spot wont be surprising at all and especially if its Argentina who they are up against in the QF pale.  And also in this world cup they will be getting massive support, probably more than of all the European teams from the locals.

And Lastly Brazil, well they are going to be one of the finalists. Weather they will win it or not is a whole different thing.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:36 pm

It will be Spain, of course Sad
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:42 pm

I can see half of GL going into depression mode if Spain manage to retain the WC  Very Happy 
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Gil wrote:Just can't see how any defense can stop that quartet of Higuain, Di Maria, Messi and Aguero. With Lavezzi as a supersub.

And 3 World class defenders in Mascherano, Garay and Zabaleta at the back

This is why I am praying for an Argentina vs Portugal match (on the condition that Pepe is 100% fit)

I think it would be the most epic WC game in a years hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:48 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:It will be Spain, of course Sad

Nah they ruined their chances when Arebloa wasn't called up imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:57 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:I can see half of GL going into depression mode if Spain manage to retain the WC  Very Happy 

We have to be emotionally prepared for that. Seriously who is ging to stop those *bleep*.

2 teams in the CL final, 2 teams paired in the EL semi with one winning the thing.

They're simply above anyone else.

Brazil and Argentine will have a say in it of course, Brazil has to be favourite, but honestly... *bleep* SPAIN. AGAIN.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum