anything, @S ?

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Morata is finished - Page 28 Empty Re: Morata is finished

Post by rincon Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:07 pm

Luca wrote:

At one point in time, Morata assisted Sir Stefano Sturaro to score the tying goal against Bayern Munich in the Champions League

Today, the remaining half of the numpty-duo has left Juventus to join Sporting on Loan

Name a more iconic duo (don't @me with Iaquinta-Amauri)

There is talk of Chelsea wanting to take over Higuain's deal given Milan's poverty. In that scenario Morata would be loaned to Milan until the summer. At the same time, Sturaro lost the last 6 months due to injury and hasn't been able to be play for Sporting yet, putting his permanent move at risk.

The dynamic duo will be fully available in the summer, reunited once again?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:21 pm

CBarca wrote:Morata is not a bad player, he's just not a top one.

He belongs in that tier below the best. Spurs, Valencia, Milan, Monaco etc

I think he's shown on several occasions in the past, that he can be a top goalscorer off the bench. I do think his inability to perform over 90 minutes, coupled with what seems to be an exceptionally weak mentality, is a deal-breaker, though. While his large transfer fee to Chelsea was ridiculed by many, especially in hindsight, I think it made sense if you look at how much impact he had during his last season for Real Madrid. He never got much credit for it, but he pulled a lot of goals out of his ass in the league that season. I think fans were too depressed by our style of play to care about how much those goals ultimately contributed towards our end result.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:26 pm

one of the most overhyped Spanish footballers in my lifetime

thanks in no part to the potent numpty combination of Castilla muppets and Juve cheerleaders

guy will never even reach the heights of Llorente or Soldado

70m rofl

He's not good enough for any team in the top 6 in the top leagues, his lvl is below that.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:30 pm

Who hyped him up? His impact as a sub for both Juventus and Real Madrid was excellent. When he came off the bench and played with confidence, I'd argue he was a more reliable goalscorer than the majority of strikers out there. Whenever he played from the start, it seemed as if there was little urgency or enthusiasm to his game, and so it wasn't surprising that he was never able to prove that he deserved to start. I think he was accurately rated by most fans based on what he actually offered, prior to his transfer to Chelsea. No one ever claimed he was starter material, and the suspicion that he had a weak mentality was discussed on here, even before the transfer occurred.

I don't think any fans of either club would claim that he's achieved anything as a starter. Despite GL's opinions on his ability as a starter, Chelsea likely gambled on the possibility that he might deliver if he was given the chance to start on a regular basis. He actually did pretty well in the beginning, but he clearly doesn't play with confidence or motivation anymore. These things can happen. Pogba and Sanchez didn't exactly shine a couple of weeks ago, either.

Last edited by Thimmy on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:33 pm

Watched the clips against NForest :facepalm:

Weakest mentality out of any player Ive ever seen
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:54 pm

What he's going through reminds me a lot of what Schick is going through with us. He hired a mental coach to get his head right. Perhaps Morata could benefit from something similar. Clearly a talented player, just lacks a strong mentality.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:16 am

this is unbelievable

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:34 pm

Terrible player, all our attacks die with him.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:09 pm

Honestly confused by how much lift he got off from so close with his weaker foot. The ball wasn't even bouncing.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:29 pm

Doesn't seem like he cares much, based on his body language. I would've been raging at myself if I were in his shoes. Then again, I'm a bit of a perfectionist Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:12 pm

Thimmy wrote:Who hyped him up? His impact as a sub for both Juventus and Real Madrid was excellent. When he came off the bench and played with confidence, I'd argue he was a more reliable goalscorer than the majority of strikers out there. Whenever he played from the start, it seemed as if there was little urgency or enthusiasm to his game, and so it wasn't surprising that he was never able to prove that he deserved to start. I think he was accurately rated by most fans based on what he actually offered, prior to his transfer to Chelsea. No one ever claimed he was starter material, and the suspicion that he had a weak mentality was discussed on here, even before the transfer occurred.

I don't think any fans of either club would claim that he's achieved anything as a starter. Despite GL's opinions on his ability as a starter, Chelsea likely gambled on the possibility that he might deliver if he was given the chance to start on a regular basis. He actually did pretty well in the beginning, but he clearly doesn't play with confidence or motivation anymore. These things can happen. Pogba and Sanchez didn't exactly shine a couple of weeks ago, either.

you know a lot of this isn't true I have seen you guys hyped him as starter for madrid multiple times, I have always been the only one saying he is bang average and is decent off the bench against tired defenders, otherwise he does sod all which speaks volume of his ceiling, he is another overrated Spanish scrub just like isco, when isco leaves and get exposed some more you gonna get "whoever hype isco?" post like this.

Not mad or anything just pointingout have your cake and eat it logic.

chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:17 pm

Like how you saw us hyped up Lucas Silva Rolling Eyes . Pretty sure you saw Hala hyped him up...which he did.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:02 pm

chad4401 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Who hyped him up? His impact as a sub for both Juventus and Real Madrid was excellent. When he came off the bench and played with confidence, I'd argue he was a more reliable goalscorer than the majority of strikers out there. Whenever he played from the start, it seemed as if there was little urgency or enthusiasm to his game, and so it wasn't surprising that he was never able to prove that he deserved to start. I think he was accurately rated by most fans based on what he actually offered, prior to his transfer to Chelsea. No one ever claimed he was starter material, and the suspicion that he had a weak mentality was discussed on here, even before the transfer occurred.

you know a lot of this isn't true I have seen you guys hyped him as starter for madrid multiple times, I have always been the only one saying he is bang average and is decent off the bench against tired defenders, otherwise he does sod all which speaks volume of his ceiling, he is another overrated Spanish scrub just like isco, when isco leaves and get exposed some more you gonna get "whoever hype isco?" post like this.

Not mad or anything just pointingout have your cake and eat it logic.

I recall some people hyping him up early on, pointing towards the usual "he was great for Castilla". As time passed, I'm sure they came to the realization that he just doesn't provide the goods as a starter. The same thing happened with Jese, who, to be fair was really good prior to his injury. It's not always easy to predict how these things pan out. We discussed this on here when his transfer to Chelsea was confirmed - he's simply not starter material. It's always easy to judge someone in hindsight. Personally, I would've loved to have kept the Morata who left us, as an impact sub. I've never been a big fan of his, but I genuinely think the work he put in from the bench was grossly taken for granted. Which is fair, I mean, players who perform poorly when they are given a chance to play from the start, are naturally not appreciated. But I do think his performances as a substitute were absolutely crucial towards our league title-winning season. It was never realistic that he would stay as a sub, though. Another player I would love to have kept as an impact sub, is Mesut Özil.

I think Isco's limitations are quite apparent at this point, as well. His decision-making is poor, and that's been more obvious than ever when he's been playing on the wing, similarly to Asensio. To our coaches, I imagine he's just an additional headache in our CAM-less midfield. Him being a fan favorite probably presents some additional migraine, as well. I think a lot of us recognize that he's still relatively young and has a lot of natural talent, though. You may not agree with it, but despite his limitations and inconsistencies, some of us would hate to see that talent go elsewhere when there's a possibility that his talent could be better utilized and kept inside the club. What I find odd about Isco is that he's a CAM who's defensive deficiencies or lack of defensive work rate have been exposed on countless occasions, yet probably the best performance I've seen from him was when he played as a makeshift DM against Liverpool, a couple of years back.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:42 am

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:40 am

rincon wrote:Watched the clips against NForest :facepalm:

Weakest mentality out of any player Ive ever seen

Huge beta, doesn't have an ounce of the ruthlessness that elite strikers like Aguero or Suarez has.

Maybe he will benefit from playing in a less physical league, and on a side that will play mainly on the counter. And that can help restore his confidence.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:36 pm

I was wondering why do Atletico even need him, are they doing just a favour to Chelsea. Went to check Atletico's squad. Clicked on Diego Costa, to see how he's doing. And wow. He's got just 4 La Liga goals for Atletico in 26 games, according to Wiki. What the hell happened to this guy? He's only 30-years-old, too.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:54 pm

He's been out injured!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:06 pm

futbol_bill wrote:He's been out injured!!

But 4 league goals in 26 appearances? Has he been playing every game injured, too?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Don’t know where you are getting stats. He has only played 15 games, all competitions, and has 4 goals, 2 assists. He missed two games with hamstring injury, 1 game with muscle injury and now has been out with foot injury since early December.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:08 pm

http://www.espnfc.com/player/154446/alvaro-morata

23 games all comps (17 starts)...  9 goals and 0 assists.  Not horrible.  But not very good either.  It's about Morata's level.  If he plays 45+ games, he gets you 15-20 goals.

The issue with him is that, technically, he's poor. So he needs his confidence to be at a maximum to have any effectiveness since he can't rely on his technique.

THAT SAID, Atleti don't care about scoring from the CF. He's there more to occupy the CBs, hold the ball and create a threat on the counter. Morata is horrible at holding the ball... but he's decent at the other two.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:http://www.espnfc.com/player/154446/alvaro-morata

23 games all comps (17 starts)...  9 goals and 0 assists.  Not horrible.  But not very good either.  It's about Morata's level.  If he plays 45+ games, he gets you 15-20 goals.

The issue with him is that, technically, he's poor. So he needs his confidence to be at a maximum to have any effectiveness since he can't rely on his technique.

THAT SAID, Atleti don't care about scoring from the CF. He's there more to occupy the CBs, hold the ball and create a threat on the counter. Morata is horrible at holding the ball... but he's decent at the other two.

Where are you guys getting stats? I see him 11 liga games, 3 Cl and the uefa super cup!

The worry isn’t his production, it’s his injuries and at his age there’s bound to be more plus recovery is not what it was under 30. He’s had three separate injuries so far and the latest, his foot has had him out for over a month. Not sure when he will be back.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:36 pm

I don't know how his agent keeps him at the top of the game but he/she does an incredible job.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:41 pm

Morata is a mental midget. Sometimes when I watch him I get the feeling that he's depressed. I'd love to get him back. But Atleti have chased him since he played for Castilla, looks like they'll get their man finally after 10 years. I wish him the best of luck
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:51 pm

I'm very surprised no Real Madrid Juvenil observer here (to which are many from the Real Madrid section) has pointed out that Morata has always been a spoonfed child.

His father Alfonso has indirect links to Real Madrid's club and Alvaro grew up in a wealthy upbringing and was directly shooed into the youth ranks very quickly, and it just so happened he managed to be far more talented than many expected as this so happens in Italy, Spain and France.

So what do you really expect from an individual who has faced very little hardship and sacrifice to reach where he is? He is a mental midget for a reason and very soft as a result and unless he vanquishes his total weak mentality as a result of being pretty much hand-led through Real Madrid, he will remain the way he is hence why he struggles when he starts, due to the ground-zero expectations to when a player starts as compared to when you are a substitution.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:04 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:http://www.espnfc.com/player/154446/alvaro-morata

Where are you guys getting stats? I see him 11 liga games, 3 Cl and the uefa super cup!

The worry isn’t his production, it’s his injuries and at his age there’s bound to be more plus recovery is not what it was under 30. He’s had three separate injuries so far and the latest, his foot has had him out for over a month. Not sure when he will be back.

Add community shield (CC), FA cup (FAC) and Europa to EPL (Prem). These are all official competitions.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next