EL Patron
RedMamba
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
Jay29
51 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:40 am

I think you have to go by the fanbases opinion of their own player sometimes.

You know what I haven't heard one single United fan say so far? "Who cares, we've got Falcao in, see ya Welbeck",

Literally all of them seem gutted that he's gone and that he'll be great for us and that the transfer fee was too small.

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Busby Babe Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:45 am

We're sad because Welbeck was from the academy and nearly made it. I never really thought he was that good until last season, one of the few players that looked good under Moyes, he improved his finishing and has great link-up play. I think he'll do well.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:53 am

Hard to base it on the fans. He was already 3rd choice. If he was that good why would they have gone after Falcao adding his wages to Shreks outrageous wages.

Like I said though, probably still better than anything we had.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:57 am

So what if LVG preferred Falcao to Welbeck? Falcao is a top 5 striker, how high are you setting the bar? lol

One thing I can say that is a compliment to Welbeck is that Fergie would have never done this deal. He loved Welbeck and it makes this even better.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:06 am

Endured the down years while we paid off the Emirates while dealing with low marketing deals.
Emirates paid off we get a massive Puma Deal. we are told by the club and Wenger that we can compete for the TOP TOP TOP World Class players.

We get Welbeck.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:10 am

okay we still have jan to get a back up cb, lets hope kosci and merte stay fit till then.

DM is the real concern, how are we going to get a top quality dm in jan?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:14 am

I cannot believe we signed two English players for a combined 32m pounds this summer
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:15 am

6unner wrote:Endured the down years while we paid off the Emirates while dealing with low marketing deals.
Emirates paid off we get a massive Puma Deal. we are told by the club and Wenger that we can compete for the TOP TOP TOP World Class players.

We get Welbeck.

Yeah, shame we haven't signed any top top top world class players. Out of all of the ones we've brought in in the last 365 days, Welbeck is the one to represent our progress.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:41 am

If none of our strikers can become the goalscoring machine that we need to have any hope of competing for the title, and I don't think that any of them will at this point in time, signing Welbeck means we'll need to offload someone in the future when we sign the striker we ideally would have got this window. I really hope someone steps up because we are behind all of our rivals in a crucial position. Welbeck will hopefully work out but for the price we paid, I am very bitter about all this. Please don't be a Silvestre.

Annnd we're totally screwed if we get defensive injuries. At least Diaby can possibly fill the DM void that we failed to fill, like a new signing Proud

I hate deadline day.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:49 am

Between Alexis, Theo, Welbeck and Giroud when he returns, I think we'll get a healthy number from our forwards.

Our goals have to come from midfield as well, that's where Ramsey and Cazorla come in, the former more so.

Frustrated about the lack of defensive signings + not getting Carvalho. Ballague is a bag of doody.

Oh well, if we're in shambles by January we're signing a CB or riot.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:53 am

I don't think as much has changed on the defensive end other than Jenkinson getting replaced with Bellerin

Last season we had three CBs. Same this year. Don't think Chambers will be the DM, RB, CB combo like we assumed. Pretty sure he'll play CB and CB only.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:01 pm

You forgot couple of games Sagna filled in as CB or emergency when re carded, injured. We dont have that in Debuchy, so 3.5 to 3 for me
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Yeah, hence Wenger playing Monreal as CB. He wants some versatility out of his fullbacks like he had with Sagna. Hope we don't have to test it again because it looked forced. Nacho was okay because he's a decent defender but that was pre-season.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:05 pm

In emergencies when someone is redcarded, I'm sure Debuchy can play cb for like 30 minutes or w/e

I know it isn't great, but I just don't think all that much is different defensively this year. Its thin for sure but if we made it through an entire year without signing a defender last year I think we'll be fine till January
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Honestly can't think of a worse transfer window. So we replaced players who left. Big woop. Everyone else has STACKED each position, we've barely filled ours out
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Yeah Sagna is a bull though, nacho oh boy, Nelson Vivas had more body strength than him ( i'm one of a few like Vivas though)
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:08 pm

Lex wrote:Honestly can't think of a worse transfer window. So we replaced players who left. Big woop. Everyone else has STACKED each position, we've barely filled ours out

Yeah, our depth sucks. We should have just let Vermaelen expire and loaning Jenkinson was pointless.

But oh well.

But too say it has been a horrible window, or that we can't remember a window that has been worse, is bonkers.

All we have to do is remember windows from 3-7 years ago. Selling world class all stars and replacing them with the worst sorts of scrubs imaginable.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Louis van Gaal: "When a player of Falcao's calibre becomes available it's an opportunity not to be missed."

Wenger has failed yet another transfer window, this man has no shame. Doneky Gazidis and wenger said we have money to spend, yet Wenger still managed to *bleep* it up.

wenger will ever change his transfer policy and yet he collects his fat paycheck of £9,000,000.a year.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:28 pm

City and Arsenal were both offered Falcao for the same price as United.

Yeah, it's only Arsenal who have 'no shame' and are unwilling to pay a player twice as much as their top earners COMBINED.

Put it in perspective. This is United who are desperate for success. Just because it's Falcao doesn't mean there aren't limits to how much you should spend. Disgusting money in terms of wages. Glad we didn't do it at that price.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:29 pm

The good news we kept Podolski and Campbell, which is like new signings.

If only Wenger gives Campbell a chance. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:30 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Louis van Gaal: "When a player of Falcao's calibre becomes available it's an opportunity not to be missed."

Wenger has failed yet another transfer window, this man has no shame. Doneky Gazidis and wenger said we have money to spend, yet Wenger still managed to *bleep* it up.

wenger will ever change his transfer policy and yet he collects his fat paycheck of £9,000,000.a year.

You know every single club in the world rejected Falcao because of his wages right?

380k p/w. That's THREE times more than what Ozil earns. Those wages are only worth for Messi or Ronaldo.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:39 pm

I dont really care about Falcao, it just we always a mess during the transfer windows. We need a CF, DM and CB and we only managed to panic buy a striker.

In the January, we had so many injures and still had a chance to win the league and Wenger went and bought an injured player in the last minute.

I wont lie unlike many other fans, I am happy with Welbeck, I think he can easily replace Giroud and send Sanogo on a loan next summer.

Welbeck is at least a big game player.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:41 pm

Debuchy 12m
Welbeck 16m
Chambers 16m
Sanchez 32m
Ospina 8m

So, in all we spent 84m pounds this summer. I know we sold some players, plus the PL deals, and CL money, etc. But still we spend over 80m pounds

I think if before the window opened someone had told us we would spend 80+ million this window, we'd all have been happy with that. We've had money available for like, 2 years now. It hasn't been long where we have had the luxury of doing anything like this. Before we had the budget of a midtable serie A club. But I think we have spent money well. Just selling Verm and loaning Jenk, are two things personally I wouldn't have done. Other than that I am happy with our moves.

I was in rage mode before, but we sure as hell needed at least someone to come in for Giroud's injury and someone else who could fit our system, even if he wasn't injured. Welbeck fits our system, is a talented player with a high ceiling in our system, in my opinion. He is like the offensive version of Chambers, in my opinion. Chambers was a real wtf signing, but he has come in and beasted so far. Honestly Kos should watch his back because Chambers might be beating him out for his starting spot soon.

There are things personally, I would done differently, but a lot of the issues a lot of us have had in terms of performances so far this season are with the players we do have, rather than the players we don't have yet or w/e. A lot of our players who were world beaters last year are looking pedestrian at the moment, so we need to sort them first.

Overall I'm really happy with Welbeck. I think the impression of how our season would be a lot different now if we signed these players in a different order. Last year we signed Ozil in the dying hours and everybody was happy. I feel like if we had signed Welbeck when we signed Sanchez, and Sanchez when we signed welbeck people would be feeling a lot different right now. Just my opinion
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:44 pm

In a year, United will have paid Falcao MORE in wages than what we bought Welbeck for

Short term, they might just beat Burnley at OT, but it's a ridiculously stupid financial long term plan
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:51 pm

MJ wrote:City and Arsenal were both offered Falcao for the same price as United.

Yeah, it's only Arsenal who have 'no shame' and are unwilling to pay a player twice as much as their top earners COMBINED.

Put it in perspective. This is United who are desperate for success. Just because it's Falcao doesn't mean there aren't limits to how much you should spend. Disgusting money in terms of wages. Glad we didn't do it at that price.

Once again, my comment has nothing to do with Falcao it just the comment by LVG happens to be towards him. Falcao shirt sales alone would pay his wages, the fans who pay the highest ticket prices would not feel cheated yet again buy a manager who is running a bank for billionaire owner.

My problem is when a player is available and we desperately need that player we just sit back and do nothing about it.

We need a strong DM, Arteta and Flamini are past it.

We need a CB, and Wenger said we are short and still did nothing about it.

We need a better back up and maybe even replace Giroud, and Wenger went and panic buy.

My problem is that we dont go out and find the payers we strongly need. Wenger keeps saying he is looking for Top Top Top players and goes signs Flamini and Sanogo.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:24 pm

Keep in mind that those are Falcao's wages AFTER TAX as well... if my knowledge of England's taxes are solid that's around 500k/week prior to taxes.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next