Zealous
Glory
Valkyrja
Kaladin
Gil
85 posters

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

Hazard CONFIRMS he's the best player in the League - Page 5 Empty Re: Hazard CONFIRMS he's the best player in the League

Post by Glory Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:45 am

Valkyrja wrote:1. Ronaldo
2. Xabi
3. Ramos/Pepe
4. Modric
5. Di Maria/Bale

is this because you guys have now started to win games again on a regular basis all courtesy cronaldo or is it because you want to still make yourself feel better; these efforts to discredit di maria all of a sudden. Conveniently overlooking his contributions last season. Anyway its your wish, your opinion. You can say whatever you want. But the world aint blind bruh.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Hazard CONFIRMS he's the best player in the League - Page 5 Empty Re: Hazard CONFIRMS he's the best player in the League

Post by Valkyrja Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:51 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
2. Xabi
3. Ramos/Pepe
4. Modric
5. Di Maria/Bale

is this because you guys have now started to win games again on a regular basis all courtesy cronaldo or is it because you want to still make yourself feel better; these efforts to discredit di maria all of a sudden. Conveniently overlooking his contributions last season. Anyway its your wish, your opinion. You can say whatever you want. But the world aint blind bruh.

Ronaldo was by far our best player last season.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:53 am

Valkyrja wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
2. Xabi
3. Ramos/Pepe
4. Modric
5. Di Maria/Bale

Ronaldo was by far our best player last season.

who said he wasnt. confused

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:00 am

Actually, if you had to rank impact last season for Madrid:
1-  Di Maria (our midfield was a mess before he moved to CM in Jan.  Not a coincidence that we went from shat to good suddenly)
2-  Ronaldo
3-  Xabi (same as with Di Maria except he got our back 4 organized where Angel got our midfield to function)
4-  Ramos (only because of his CL semis and final goals.  Nothing to do with his defense Laughing)
5-  Modric (was consistent all season and was good)
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:10 am

sportsczy wrote:Actually, if you had to rank impact last season for Madrid:
1-  Di Maria (our midfield was a mess before he moved to CM in Jan.  Not a coincidence that we went from shat to good suddenly)
2-  Ronaldo
3-  Xabi (same as with Di Maria except he got our back 4 organized where Angel got our midfield to function)
4-  Ramos (only because of his CL semis and final goals.  Nothing to do with his defense Laughing)

Come on sports. Where was Di Maria in the first part of the season ?
Ramos was actually fantastic in the UCL bar the Dortmund accident defensively.

PS: Xabi was more important than Di maria.

Benzema not being one of our best players last season makes you undervalue Ronaldo's importance and overvalue Di Maria's.

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:18 am

We were HORRIBLE in the first half of the season and were behind 10 pts come the break. Di Maria was playing as a sub behind Bale as winger... and he wanted to leave. Only when we moved Di Maria to CM did the team come together.

And Benz was fine as was Bale... our goalscoring hasn't been a problem for 10 years. Our issues have always been defense and midfield once Zidane retired.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:30 am

di maria easily had the most impact, how is this a discussion?

the only reason some RM fans ain't giving di maria his props is because they spend so much time bashing him, and then feel silly to say something else, its just fact you don't have to like him
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:33 am

I thought it was well established that Alonso's return was the catalyst for your unbeaten run? I think his comeback was around the period Blatter made his commander comments. The Sevilla game I think. And stop pretending Di Maria wasn't always a starter, he started 8 out of the first 10 games in the League yet you're pretending he was Kagawa'd for Bale. Laughing

Anyway, you're bizarrely Ronaldo's biggest hater on here so I'm not surprised you're discrediting him once more.

EDIT: Di Maria's impact last season reminds me of Malouda during Carlo's double winning season. They were both deployed in eerily similar roles.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:58 am

One the debate between Di Maria and Hazard:

At the moment, Di Maria is the better player. He provides decisive moments in attack quite a lot more than Hazard. When Hazard goes on a dribble he looks absolutely fantastic, but Di Maria has a better eye for making something decisive happen. He has got more purpose in his game than Hazard - who still has got plenty of purpose in his game, too, after all we're talking about two world-class players, imo.

Di Maria is 26 and most likely peaking right now. Hazard is 23 and probably has his peak years coming in the next few seasons. At the moment Di Maria is better, but Hazard might yet surpass him in the coming years.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:02 am

Nope. We were horrible until after the winter break. Truly bad by Madrid standards. Alonso organized the defense so we were at least competitive and weren't conceding 2 goals a game while getting blown out (he returned in October). But we were still dropping points left and right as our forwards were isolated... just not creating chances from the midfield against decent teams. Ronaldo scored his solo goals and we still had games where our talent overwhelmed some... but it was ugly mostly. No flow.

Our winning streak started in Jan and it coincided with Di Maria playing B2B. We finally found balance.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Delfy.RO Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:44 am

Best player in the league Laughing

Delfy.RO
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:Actually, if you had to rank impact last season for Madrid:
2-  Ronaldo

sportsczy wrote:Nope.  We were horrible until after the winter break.  Truly bad by Madrid standards.  Alonso organized the defense so we were at least competitive and weren't conceding 2 goals a game while getting blown out (he returned in October).  But we were still dropping points left and right as our forwards were isolated...  just not creating chances from the midfield against decent teams.  Ronaldo scored his solo goals and we still had games where our talent overwhelmed some... but it was ugly mostly.  No flow.

Our winning streak started in Jan and it coincided with Di Maria playing B2B.  We finally found balance.

This,

Now onto Hazard, he is NOT the best in the league in fact I don't even rate the guy as one of the best. He reminds me of Coutinho. Nothing special just a dribbling obsessed player with an occasional eye for good passes
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Zealous wrote:I'm not sure how to respond considering that this thread will be the foundation of the new rivalry of GL, Fusssball vs Jill.

I haven't decided whose side I want to be on yet hmm

Fuzzyball has yet to get the entire forum annoyed, unlike Gil, who does it probably every fortnight (used to be every week but he "matured" apparently).
I've yet to figure out who exactly Gil actually rates as it fluctuates all the time.

Essentially #teamGil.

On topic, does it matter what he thinks?! I think I'm absolutely handsome (to which I am obviously) but I know for a fact everyone I met thinks I'm way more than that. Basically, if he wants to believe he is the best in the BPL, sure, good for him. He clearly isn't from an outside PoV but hey, whatever makes him sleep better I guess.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Yeah no one should criticize Hazard for having the right mindset. I think we can all agree on that.

But again it's extremely debatable. Even Di Maria (Who people love to rate now that he has left Madrid lol) looked like Pedro Leon when compared to Reus when we played Dortmund away last season. Choking away a penalty (CR didn't play) and then stood by and watched Reus completely ruin us for 90 minutes.

Hazard would have probably scored that pen and it would have been game over.

It's not an exact science but I do believe that some players are born or have the skill set to be the center piece and some players will always be the frame. You can't have one without the other if you want to be successful.

I personally don't think Di Maria can be "The Man" he's way too inconsistent. However Hazard is no where near being the true center piece of a team either because as talented as he is, he's even more inconsistent.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:Nope. We were horrible until after the winter break. Truly bad by Madrid standards. Alonso organized the defense so we were at least competitive and weren't conceding 2 goals a game while getting blown out (he returned in October). But we were still dropping points left and right as our forwards were isolated... just not creating chances from the midfield against decent teams. Ronaldo scored his solo goals and we still had games where our talent overwhelmed some... but it was ugly mostly. No flow.

Our winning streak started in Jan and it coincided with Di Maria playing B2B. We finally found balance.

Sports

look you can't say I have sth against Di Maria. Just look at some of my posts from January when everyone (bar hala) wanted Di Maria gone. I've said that he could become one of the best b2b around. But you also can't say that he was more instrumental than Ronaldo and Xabi.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Sorry Z...  but Di Maria was MONEY as a CM.  He's a headless chicken as a winger and that's not debatable either.

Hazard has choked in every big moment and was awful in the WC.  Di Maria, whatever his faults before going to CM, never disappeared.  He always went 150% although you sometimes wished he went away as a winger Laughing

To me, you don't show what you're about with your mouth.  You show it on the pitch between the white lines. You then let others say that you're the best before you even think about saying it yourself.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:43 pm

sportsczy wrote:Sorry Z...  but Di Maria was MONEY as a CM.  He's a headless chicken as a winger and that's not debatable either.

Hazard has choked in every big moment and was awful in the WC.  Di Maria, whatever his faults before going to CM, never disappeared.  He always went 150% although you sometimes wished he went away as a winger Laughing

To me, you don't show what you're about with your mouth.  You show it on the pitch between the white lines. You then let others say that you're the best before you even think about saying it yourself.

Agree, I was just trying to show that Di Maria is far from perfect himself and yet Hazard is imo not even at that level yet. lol

Having said that the potential is there, Hazard can be whatever he wants to be if he is willing to put in the work.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Di Maria wasn't a pure CM. He was more of a left wide-mid.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Di Maria isn't a headless winger. He is just a headless right winger because he is not a "cut inside and shoot x times per game" type of player. From the left he already provided the winning assist in the Copa del Rey final in 10/11 and made Puyol do the splits in 12/13, he didn't just start excelling there under Ancelotti. Carlo just used him there permanently.

This reminds me what an annoying player he was by the way. Endless running as if he had 3 lungs and fast like a gazelle.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:20 pm

he was a headless chicken the few times he played left wing for us too recently.... the Dortmund game away being the best example. CR was out quite a bit last year and he got some chances there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:he was a headless chicken the few times he played left wing for us too recently.... the Dortmund game away being the best example. CR was out quite a bit last year and he got some chances there.

Bale played on the left against Dortmund, not Di Maria.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Maybe i'm wrong, but i remember Isco moving into Di Maria's role, Di Maria moving up and Bale getting torched on the right side by Reus and Dortmund's LB all game long.  We played a lot of 442 as well in that game where Isco went central, Di Maria played LCM and Bale moved up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:40 pm

I checked it again, Di Maria was definitely on the right. He interchanged with Bale here and there but was playing predominantly on the right. You can see it in the avg. positional map and his passing map as well as on the pictures in this review of the game on German tactical blog Spielverlagerung: http://spielverlagerung.de/2014/04/09/borussia-dortmund-real-madrid-20/

Anyway, no need to drag this side story out. Di Maria >>> Hazard.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Gil's arguments actually gave me physical pain.

In no realm is Hazard a top 10 player. Not saying he can't be, but he is simply not instrumental enough. Chelsea would do fine without him, and his disappearance acts would hurt them in the CL.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Lets be honest here, hazard is actually the best, at least when it comes to doing the disappearing act right now, i mean, doing it like it meant nothing, so effortless. Jil doing a great impression on exposing hazard. #AGENT GIL
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:10 pm

farfan wrote:fabregas has been chelsea's best player this season .

some butthurt barça fans don't like that for some reason .

Cesc has been awesome but for me Hazard and Costa been are our best player. Cesc early in the season had problems defensively in the pivot, been better and with Mou he will get much better as the season progress.

Lord Spencer wrote:Gil's arguments actually gave me physical pain.

In no realm is Hazard a top 10 player. Not saying he can't be, but he is simply not instrumental enough. Chelsea would do fine without him, and his disappearance acts would hurt them in the CL.

You are so wrong, and it shows how much how people should look beyond stats. i have no doubt we would be significantly weaker team without Hazard.He attracts so much attention and opens the game vastly for others. I could not see us with the success of this season without him and Costa undoubtedly would not be on the goal scoring pace without the hazard effect. Hazard ability to get defenses to focus on him and break defenses down does not show on the stat sheet, but his teammates and the people who watch him regularly knows his value and importance.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next