Lord Spencer
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
McAgger
95 posters

Page 34 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 43  Next

Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 34 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by CBarca Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:18 pm

Red Alert, ignore the whole squad thing

This forum doesn't give any credit to managers for improving a squad. Pochettino and Klopp have done a wonderful job at revitalizing their respective teams and I give massive credit to both of them (also, they've both done it without spending hundreds of millions) but all you hear is about how they're underachieving with the talent of the squad.

This is what they do to teams they don't like like Liverpool and Spurs. They say the players are better than Chelsea's team (I had people telling me that Chelsea have a midtable team earlier this year), United's team, Arsenal's team etc so that if Spurs and Pool don't do better than those teams, the manager is underperforming.

The important thing is for you as a common sense fan to know that Klopp is doing a good job. Which he is. Or to know Poch is doing a good job which, although people will criticize Spurs for being in a slump atm, he has done a terrific job and nobody can deny that. Ignore everyone else.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 34 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Unique Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Nishankly wrote:We just won 5-1 with Wijnaldum, Can & Lovren at centre back.
tbh we are fine until the other team decides to attack us.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:34 pm

CBarca wrote:Red Alert, ignore the whole squad thing

This forum doesn't give any credit to managers for improving a squad. Pochettino and Klopp have done a wonderful job at revitalizing their respective teams and I give massive credit to both of them (also, they've both done it without spending hundreds of millions) but all you hear is about how they're underachieving with the talent of the squad.

This is what they do to teams they don't like like Liverpool and Spurs. They say the players are better than Chelsea's team (I had people telling me that Chelsea have a midtable team earlier this year), United's team, Arsenal's team etc so that if Spurs and Pool don't do better than those teams, the manager is underperforming.

The important thing is for you as a common sense fan to know that Klopp is doing a good job. Which he is. Or to know Poch is doing a good job which, although people will criticize Spurs for being in a slump atm, he has done a terrific job and nobody can deny that. Ignore everyone else.

That’s a nice Pochettino plug right there.

Everyone trusts Klopp because he has actually won something with his ways while Pochettino never has. That’s why people question him while they give Klopp the benefit of the doubt. You tried to put Pochettino on the same level as Klopp but they just aren’t.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:46 pm

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:16 am

@ Urb:
To be fair, there's nothing wrong with what he's written there. I didn't read that / interpret that as putting them on the same level.

You'd be lying to yourself if you didn't agree that Poch was doing very good at Spurs.

@ CB:
Every manager needs time to make his squad / stamp his authority on the team. It generally takes 3 years. There's soooo much restless football fans that just don't want to agree with this and if teams are under performing after 6 months just start spouting nonsense. Which really does my head in. Glad to see you (and urb aswell) have stuck around. Missed this place. smoking
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Bump.

So what was the deal with that team selection? rotation now? next games are against West Brom and Bournemouth, you don't rotate for the derby della cesspoolia
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:38 pm

I talked about the crap team selection before the game. You don’t leave coutinho and firmino on the bench for players like ox and solanki against a team that will sit with 10 players in their box.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:13 pm

Unique wrote:I talked about the crap team selection before the game. You don’t leave coutinho and firmino on the bench for players like ox and solanki against a team that will sit with 10 players in their box.
Solanke didn't play well but AOC did OK. Even this team had the chance to kill-off the game. So, while his team selection was weird, it's down to the players for messing it up.

Frankly, I think Salah and Mane was affected by the cold weather. Specially Salah looked lethargic.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:29 pm

Firenze wrote:Bump.

So what was the deal with that team selection? rotation now? next games are against West Brom and Bournemouth, you don't rotate for the derby della cesspoolia

Because he's a tactical hipster riding his luck on this squad. It's going to run out soon, just hoping he signs someone in January.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Players let him down today
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:41 pm

I know this is not often remembered, but the thing is, football teams not only play games, they also train.

The difference between coaches and fans is that while both see the games, fans, usually, don't actually see the training.

So I will put to you the following, modestly, that maybe if a coach doesn't select certain players for a game, especially shortly after they had played another game, even though for the fan it may seem to be a no brainer that they should start, this non-selection might have to do with the fact how up for it, or rather not up for it, they looked in training.

That would be a reason for team selection which fans wouldn't be able to comprehend, due to the difference I outlined above, but which would still be arguable.

Just food for thought.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:05 pm

I do too its obvious they need rests, But this what Mane said after he was "rested" against Chelsea.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2746405-sadio-mane-admits-it-was-difficult-being-dropped-for-liverpool-vs-chelsea

He says he was dropped, So yea I don't take Klopp seriously with his teams.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:21 pm

lmao. He is 90% in tears here.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:26 pm

90% of the ball. 50 shots drew 1-1 had a meltdown after can only mean 1 thing. Yep he just got allardyced
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:37 pm

He's got every right to feel aggrieved. That penalty decision was beyond laughable, it's disgraceful, shocking, and absolutely unnacceptable.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Actually just saw the incident

That was the penalty lol? Seems more like Lovren was fouled there Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:50 pm

First time seeing it too. Never a pen. People make mistakes, we should have VAR IMO.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Last thing we need is Lavar Ball deciding penalties tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 am

Just me or has Firenze become manc version of Unique? Rolling Eyes
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:51 am

Klopp my G, If your motherflippin ass doesnt buy no defensive recruitments this January, I don't care about instability I have seen Hodgson run my club m8, Nothing can be worse. I am willing to take the risk of losing you rather than my attacking lads.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:58 am

Play Milner at LB last year only to go back to Moreno this year. Everyone cries out that lad the squad isn't deep enough so he buys a LB finally who never plays until Moreno whose shit but is miraculously starting again gets injured. Then Clyne our only RB gets injured and we have 2 18 yo virgins playing at RB consistently getting *bleep* over every alternate game.

When will this madness stop.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:48 am

Nishankly wrote:Klopp my G, If your motherflippin ass doesnt buy no defensive recruitments this January, I don't care about instability I have seen Hodgson run my club m8, Nothing can be worse. I am willing to take the risk of losing you rather than my attacking lads.

Klopp would be a way worse loss than Coutinho lmao
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Klopp is now in no excuses territory I take it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:27 pm

No excuses
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Doc wrote:Klopp is now in no excuses territory I take it.
tbh I don't think he had any excuses for the way Liverpool defend before the vvd signing.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:03 pm

210 million spent this season if Keita comes early like a lot of the reports are suggesting

no excuses if Loserpool go trophy-less for the 10th year in a row

He has to win something.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 43  Next