Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Managerial Rumours and Speculation Empty Re: Managerial Rumours and Speculation

Post by Katy Perry Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:19 pm

Katy Perry wrote:He already accepted in june (aveva già accettato a giugno) was refered to whether the Italian Federation is willing to allow him to have a double club.

I highly doubt Conte is going to accept that role because:
1)He's a Juventus legend
2)The Milan's job is one of the worst right now, for every coach in the world. Limited power to change things and first one to be scapegoated if things don't go well
3)He wants a top and established team, he already went through the small club or big club that is having a crisis and in need to resurge phase. If he's going to coach somewhere he's going to coach PSG.

hmm
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:25 pm

The match against Lazio in the Italian Cup will decide Inzaghi's future at Milan. Should the Rossoneri decide to sack him, Tassotti could be in charge of the team for the rest of the season. Next summer Milan could go for a big name like Vincenzo Montella or Antonio Conte, who could coach Both Milan and the Italian national team. Milan is looking ahead to next season while Inzaghi's future at the club is in doubt.

link

Didn't Conte clash with the Juve aboard in regards to some of the players they got? I imagine he wouldn't be compatible with Milan's environment since the coach strictly adhere to the board. Montella on the other hand might be a sexier option, though i'm a bit skeptical of his ability to steer us the right way, i'd personally prefer Conte's rugged "Run 'til you die" training since our players are not physically (or mentally) fit to play a 90 minute game of football.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:12 pm

Come on . Conte left Juventus because they didn't give him what he felt he needed to compete in the CL , what makes you think he would agree to manage Milan without even the premise of CL football Laughing

There's but only one way i could see this happening . That would be Conte getting solid assurances from Berlusconi . That he would have to invest heavily in his plans . If Berlusconi would be willing to splash the cash on Conte's choices , then yes , i don't see why Conte wouldn't agree . That he is a Juventus legend isn't an obstacle , Ancelotti and Capello were Milan legends too and they coached Juventus. Zeman has coached both Lazio and Roma . Leonardo went to Inter after Milan e.t.c . Sure some controversy will always exist , but that hasn't and won't stop any collaboration that can happen , there's not just precedent but some kind of tradition even within Serie A.

In any case. If we want to be realistic and stick to the facts and circumstances , it's highly unlikely Berlusconi would agree to please Conte's demands , or that Conte would agree to work on their conditions . Having said that , Berlusconi traditionaly splashed the cash for people he approved and trusted , so if they were serious about Conte , mayhaps they would be ready to please him . Nevertheless , i will believe Conte-Milan only when i see* it .

Conte is a great manager - although i don't share his boner for 3-5-2 - however i just can't see him coaching here 'these days', not under this apathetic course we have taken . TBH , i question if Conte would even agree to join in the first place without CL football .

*edit

Last edited by Dante on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:08 pm

i want montella
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:44 pm

Either Conte or Montella would be fantastic, but I highly doubt the board would be willing to spent firstly on their wages and secondly to bring in the types of players they want.

It'll be another yesman, soon to be scapegoat, unless B&G leave.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:12 pm

Latest rumour is Sabella .

Not sure about Montella . To be specific , it would be my choice since i very much like how Fiorentina has managed so far , but especially their style of play. Having said that , a) why would he agree to coach a worse team b) he will need assurances and twice the wages Inzaghi gets

You know what bugs me though ? If they do sack him during the next months , how much are we going to be paying for both Seedorf and Inzaghi untill their contracts run out . Seedorf got 2.5m and Inzaghi 1.something . For 3 years both , iirc. Add the severance packages in . Add taxes too . I am seriously afraid to do the math , considering how Seedorf was treated for his work and how Inzaghi has been doing all this time , all that money just so we have to witness this ..

It's beyond ridiculous that not only they went for such inexperienced coaches , but they didn't even have the dignity to stick to their choices . I am sure the only reason Inzaghi didn't get the sack already is because of such reasons. Beyond doubts certain .  

If they don’t kick me out, I’ll happily stay at Milan for life -Inzaghi

Proud Laughing

lead on Pippo Molenation
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:58 pm

meh, don't want Sabella. seems like a coach who would be constantly changing team formation and lineup
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:32 pm

don't want Sabella either . Yet another Oscar Tabarez/Fatih Terim case . Clueless risk .

In any case .If the plan is to stick with Inzaghi and grow together , then i will get behind it even and suffer his bs . But it seems to me the plan is wait and see if any 3rd-place-miracle happens and if not , sack him anyway in a few months . That's what really pisses me off with no end . That they know they are not at all confident in Inzaghi anymore , but willing to take every risk to avoid paying to release him . Especially when we can have a better coach right now.

Atm , Spalletti is spread all over his couch , unshaved and dirty , with countless cans of beer and boxes of pizza all over his living room , watching Inzaghi coaching Milan whilst waiting for his phone to ring . And it doesn't , because our circus of a management think Inzaghi can manage 3rd place , or even EL , when we can't even play football .

What makes them think that this fodder lot under a rookie coach can manage even EL is honestly beyond me . Lazio , Inter , Sampdoria , Fiorentina , it's between them to get EL . Let's hope he is indeed Harry Potter , cause i really don't see how else we will finish above 7th this season . Or how the decision to keep him means anything when everybody knows he will get the sack if we miss at least EL . And , unless any of these teams fail miserably by the end of serie A , that's exactly where we will finish .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Katy Perry wrote:
Katy Perry wrote:He already accepted in june (aveva già accettato a giugno) was refered to whether the Italian Federation is willing to allow him to have a double club.

1)He's a Juventus legend
2)The Milan's job is one of the worst right now, for every coach in the world. Limited power to change things and first one to be scapegoated if things don't go well
3)He wants a top and established team, he already went through the small club or big club that is having a crisis and in need to resurge phase. If he's going to coach somewhere he's going to coach PSG.

hmm

I can agree about all except the 1st.

Conte   wanted disengaging him explicitly from his imagine of " Juve legend " , he wouldn't have problem to sign not even with Inter because he's professionist

Anyway now he is in NT .... so it's easier Montella.

Milan is going to to change his rule of " Milan to Milanisti" , it   producted Leonardo , Allegri , Seedorf and Inzaghi on the other hand...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:33 am

Robespierre wrote:
Katy Perry wrote:

1)He's a Juventus legend

hmm

Conte   wanted disengaging him explicitly from his imagine of " Juve legend " , he wouldn't have problem to sign not even with Inter because he's professionist

Milan is going to to change his rule of " Milan to Milanisti" , it   producted Leonardo , Allegri , Seedorf and Inzaghi on the other hand...

Allegri was an exception to the rule. He never played for Milan.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:51 pm

Forza wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
Katy Perry wrote:

hmm

Yes , I remind his as football player already before to be coach , but he played as Milan player a tournee and so Galliani said he could be selected as Milan manager for this reason
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:58 am

Robespierre wrote:
Forza wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

Yes , I remind his as football player already before to be coach , but he played as Milan player a tournee and so Galliani said he could be selected as Milan manager for this reason

I'm a bit confused. When exactly did Allegri play for Milan?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:16 am

Forza wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
Forza wrote:

I'm a bit confused. When exactly did Allegri play for Milan?

He is a current player.

https://martina22acm.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/giacomo-bonaventura-ac-milan.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:47 am

Laughing

http://www.corriere.it/sport/10_maggio_12/galliani-allegri-milan-leonardo_1b0f3256-5dc8-11df-8e28-00144f02aabe.shtml   Galliani ' s words

It was during an American summer tournee in 1994 under Capello (Milan sometimes call up not own players for these matches , I remind also Dario Hubner recently ) ...probably it waas just a pretext though ... Berlusconi believed  in Milan to milanisti , Galliani appreciated Allegri and so they  came to a compromise. .. but anyway , Galliani said he could be selected for this reason really
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:08 am

rofl American summer tour in 94'

Can you imagine?

Tassotti, Costacurta, Maldini, Baresi, Papin, van Basten, Albertini, Desailly, Donadoni, Savicevic, Massaro, etc. ... ... ... Allegri.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:52 am

Forza wrote:rofl American summer tour in 94'

Can you imagine?

Allegri ... ... ... Tassotti, Costacurta, Maldini, Baresi, Papin, van Basten, Albertini, Desailly, Donadoni, Savicevic, Massaro, etc.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:29 pm

Whilst I do not believe it will come about and I find our impatience and reluctance to truly build a project frustrating, Conte is the only name to arise that actually inspires confidence and belief. To convince him would be an incredible coup. This is not to say that any coach can be treated as a solution in and of themselves. What he would bring however, unlike Inzaghi, is the conviction of an experienced manager in implementing his ideas, a brutal regime to ensure that we no longer lag behind our opponents physically but rather dominate them and most precious of all, the experience of winning once more. Sides simply no longer fear us, they take to the field confident in their ability to get a result. Under Conte, we would be feared once more. It is a shame that is unlikely to happen.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:53 pm

either montella or conte.. i will be very happy with both. both are no nonsense managers..

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:03 am

Milan, Sarri is the leading candidate for next season: all the details

Link

I think we should rename this thread to "Next coach discussion" imo

I haven't seen anything of Empoli other than the 2 games we've played against them this season, but i know that Dost speaks highly of them

However, i don't get why we would want Valdifiori, Empoli are requesting a reported fee for about 6m, for a 29 year old..
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:19 am

Sarri has impressed me immensely this season. Empoli started very slowly as you might expect from a promoted team but he's helped them to grow as a group and they should now comfortably survive the season despite barely spending a dime in the summer and possessing the youngest squad in the league. They've a modest team on paper but they defend and attack as a unit, they play at a high tempo and they have no fear of the big teams. Sarri has not shied away from attacking the big sides in Serie A and it is an approach that has garnered results. That all this has been achieved with a forward line of Maccarone and Tavano is astonishing.

That's not to say that there are no question marks over Sarri. He lacks top flight experience and has never been tested at such a high level before, neither has he had to deal with the pressure and egos at a club such as Milan. However I've been suitably impressed by his ability to not simply improve a young, modest side without major recourse to the transfer market but to do so whilst playing attractive football. We could certainly do much worse.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:32 am

Berlusconi is doing the same thing he did when he hired Sacchi. Back in the day, Arrigo played Milan twice in the cup with Parma and beat Milan both times 1-0. It's the other Milan tradition that's not as well known as hiring former players: getting players/coaches that have played well against us.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Coach is not our issue, so it really doesn't matter to me. This is like a doctor making the wrong diagnosis and continuing to treat an area that is not the problem. Nothing will truly change until management changes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Sarri's team getting destroyed atm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:26 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Sarri's team getting destroyed atm

Same thing in first leg , lost 0-4 at home and all the goals in first time hmm
Evidently he suffers Zeman , I have seen really in difficulites Sarri just against Cagliari this year ... the rest was played always well tbh , and big matches as both Roma matches, at Florence, Inter,Milan,Lazio etc
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next