Casciavit
Dante
Kaladin
Katy Perry
Ganso
23 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Managerial Rumours and Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Managerial Rumours and Speculation

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:29 pm

Whilst I do not believe it will come about and I find our impatience and reluctance to truly build a project frustrating, Conte is the only name to arise that actually inspires confidence and belief. To convince him would be an incredible coup. This is not to say that any coach can be treated as a solution in and of themselves. What he would bring however, unlike Inzaghi, is the conviction of an experienced manager in implementing his ideas, a brutal regime to ensure that we no longer lag behind our opponents physically but rather dominate them and most precious of all, the experience of winning once more. Sides simply no longer fear us, they take to the field confident in their ability to get a result. Under Conte, we would be feared once more. It is a shame that is unlikely to happen.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Managerial Rumours and Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Managerial Rumours and Speculation

Post by Guest Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:53 pm

either montella or conte.. i will be very happy with both. both are no nonsense managers..

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:03 am

Milan, Sarri is the leading candidate for next season: all the details

Link

I think we should rename this thread to "Next coach discussion" imo

I haven't seen anything of Empoli other than the 2 games we've played against them this season, but i know that Dost speaks highly of them

However, i don't get why we would want Valdifiori, Empoli are requesting a reported fee for about 6m, for a 29 year old..
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:19 am

Sarri has impressed me immensely this season. Empoli started very slowly as you might expect from a promoted team but he's helped them to grow as a group and they should now comfortably survive the season despite barely spending a dime in the summer and possessing the youngest squad in the league. They've a modest team on paper but they defend and attack as a unit, they play at a high tempo and they have no fear of the big teams. Sarri has not shied away from attacking the big sides in Serie A and it is an approach that has garnered results. That all this has been achieved with a forward line of Maccarone and Tavano is astonishing.

That's not to say that there are no question marks over Sarri. He lacks top flight experience and has never been tested at such a high level before, neither has he had to deal with the pressure and egos at a club such as Milan. However I've been suitably impressed by his ability to not simply improve a young, modest side without major recourse to the transfer market but to do so whilst playing attractive football. We could certainly do much worse.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:32 am

Berlusconi is doing the same thing he did when he hired Sacchi. Back in the day, Arrigo played Milan twice in the cup with Parma and beat Milan both times 1-0. It's the other Milan tradition that's not as well known as hiring former players: getting players/coaches that have played well against us.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Coach is not our issue, so it really doesn't matter to me. This is like a doctor making the wrong diagnosis and continuing to treat an area that is not the problem. Nothing will truly change until management changes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Sarri's team getting destroyed atm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:26 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Sarri's team getting destroyed atm

Same thing in first leg , lost 0-4 at home and all the goals in first time hmm
Evidently he suffers Zeman , I have seen really in difficulites Sarri just against Cagliari this year ... the rest was played always well tbh , and big matches as both Roma matches, at Florence, Inter,Milan,Lazio etc
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:31 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:Coach is not our issue, so it really doesn't matter to me. This is like a doctor making the wrong diagnosis and continuing to treat an area that is not the problem. Nothing will truly change until management changes.

Couldn't agree more. Inzaghi is not perfect by any means, and has made mistakes (understandably, since this is his firs time coaching a team on this level). However there is just so much wrong with the way the club is being managed right now, and I don't think any manager could do much better.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:48 pm

Empoli have stated that they would not block Sarri's exit if we made a formal approach. Apparently Sacchi personally recommended Sarri to Milan. hmm

They were certainly bested in the first half, though in their defence they were missing Valdifiori and Tonelli. It was a deserved point in the end though, excellent response in the second half, though Sepe seemed intent on ruining everything anyway.

I disagree with those stating that Inzaghi bears no or little responsibility. That our issues extend beyond the competence of our manager is undeniable however that does not mean our troubles are uniquely a product of the upper management's performance. To go backwards during the transfer window is one thing. To go backwards over the course of the season is quite another and our performances have been deteriorating rather than improving, even with the reinforcement of several excellent individuals in January. This is not the thread in which to go into great detail however so I'll leave it there.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:23 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Empoli have stated that they would not block Sarri's exit if we made a formal approach. Apparently Sacchi personally recommended Sarri to Milan. hmm

They were certainly bested in the first half, though in their defence they were missing Valdifiori and Tonelli. It was a deserved point in the end though, excellent response in the second half, though Sepe seemed intent on ruining everything anyway.

I disagree with those stating that Inzaghi bears no or little responsibility. That our issues extend beyond the competence of our manager is undeniable however that does not mean our troubles are uniquely a product of the upper management's performance. To go backwards during the transfer window is one thing. To go backwards over the course of the season is quite another and our performances have been deteriorating rather than improving, even with the reinforcement of several excellent individuals in January. This is not the thread in which to go into great detail however so I'll leave it there.

+1 Agreed

(The reports below are all from twitter so take it with a grain/keg of salt)

Beside Maldini, potential investor Bee Taechaubol also wants to give Seedorf a role in Milan [Sky].

Bee Taechaubol would have access to €12 billion to be invested in Milan. [SKY] "

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:43 am

El Shaarawy wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:Empoli have stated that they would not block Sarri's exit if we made a formal approach. Apparently Sacchi personally recommended Sarri to Milan. hmm

+1 Agreed

(The reports below are all from twitter so take it with a grain/keg of salt)

Beside Maldini, potential investor Bee Taechaubol also wants to give Seedorf a role in Milan [Sky].

Bee Taechaubol would have access to €12 billion to be invested in Milan. [SKY] "

Spoiler:

galliani to resign with maldini and another director coming in sounds good to me under shareholder.

Berlusconi is a massive problem but galliani is also. Gullo worked over 22 years for the Rossoneri, before leaving in 2014.

He told Calciomercato.com: "There was a standard procedure: I went to see a player, especially in France, which has always been my area of expertise. Then I went to see him again. And if both reports were good, Ariedo Braida made a decision.

"At some point, however, things have changed."

Gullo continued: "Braida at some point lost control and his opinion and the scouts lost weight. It was the moment when the agents took over, offering players on a free transfer."

Galliani has getting lot of free agents... its unacceptable that Milan still is one of the most revenue generating club, and yet we pay so high to players, in fact our players are one of the most highest paid players in the league.

and we dont even have technical or sporting directors who has links with scouts to access players. its all agents controllling things.. this is unacceptable! period..

thats why i want galliani to leave the club asap. and berlusconi being pressured to yield his remanining shares in the future. 5 decades now since we won CL, nothing ever since has been done!!

I want to see some serious work from next season...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:32 pm

Milan, for the bench bursts Mihajlovic is two-horse race with Sarri

Link
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:37 pm

I do like Sinisa as a coach but I believe he'd reject us due to his association with Inter. He probably feels that he'll get a chance to coach Inter - having started his managerial career as Mancini's assistant - if he bides his time.

If he doesn't renew his contract with Sampdoria though you can be sure we'll make an approach though. Nothing like a freebie. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:38 pm

I think he will renew, no way Ferrero is going to let him go that easily, he loves him Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:52 am

sarri is the perfect coach for the current coach.
a provincial manager for a provincial club. who knows, if we're lucky we'll finish in the top 8.
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:35 am

fml we're being linked with Unai again, don't want a big game flop tbh
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:15 pm

He might be on the way to winning the Europa League two years in a row. hmm

We've been linked with so many names in recent weeks that the rumours have lost all meaning. Many of these suggestions have also been tied to speculative takeovers of Milan which seem unlikely to amount to anything.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by celikmilan Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:58 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:fml we're being linked with Unai again, don't want a big game flop tbh

We will not play big games for awhile so he is a perfect choice for us.
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:37 pm

We still play against Lazio, Juve, Inter, Roma, Fio, Napoli etc. and looking at his record against the top 5 teams in La Liga, even just for this season, it's a bit disturbing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:48 pm

To be fair, who the f expects anyone to be able to compete with Real Madrid and Barca whilst only having 1/10th of their budget? Atletico are the exception and that's why Simeone is held in such high regard.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:25 am

Still, i don't think he's what we need right now. Young, but we need a more established coach, someone who preferably has coached in Serie A, someone who knows how to take an 8th placed team to 1st.. only one guy fits the profile and he's currently coaching the NT unfortunately
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Wouldn't mind Unai, its better than moving on to another club legend to desecrate. My ideal candidate is still Prandelli, did a great job with Fio and if not for the ref in the Italy-Uruguay game taking the piss he'd be remembered fondly for his work there as well.

Not that we have a chance with him though Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:54 pm

I will always love Inzaghi , but yeah , new owners or not , we really should be looking for a new coach for next season .

As am i writing this , i don't know our position in the table . I guess it must be something like 7th-10th . *checks league table*

Checked and we are 9th . Ok. lmao. Just going by the team he got this year , which is easily an improved version of last season's , then he should leave although i must admit , his departure seems to have passed in 2nd fate after the ownership saga emerged . In any case , let's hope for a new coach for next season and all the best to Pippo .

2015 Pippo doesn't mean he can't be a great coach . It just means we should part ways for a while , new ownership and what not.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:01 pm

Dante's back! cheers

Agreed with what you say as well, best of luck to Pippo but this is really not the best fit for us or him.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:09 pm

nah never went anywhere . Just didn't post because reasons . Proud

Well yeah , i think whatever happens with the ownership , our first concern before transfers should be the coach. Milan deserves better than primavera coaches really. It kinda feels like this season , if we had a better coach , we surely wouldn't be sitting 9th as of now.

Any Europa League place would be acceptable to me given the team we have , honestly. But twice in a row no european competition? Nah. He must go.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next