Kick
dostoevsky
Kaladin
Forza
Dante
47 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 31 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Il Diavolo Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:A player like Banega, at his age, with all his off-field problems, is not some amazing signing. Could be a good signing or could be trash. For the high wage he would be demanding, there are better options. For example, there's news that Milan are looking at Bazoer.

Idk about you but I rather a young, promising CM over a 28 year old dick.

I get that ppl are pissed at Galliani for years of mediocrity, but man, every time another team signs a player it's "Wtf ARE YOU DOING GALLIANI? HOW COULD YOU NOT GET THIS PERSON? GALLIANI OUT!" Learn to be objective in your views instead of blindly hating on someone for everything.

I understand what you're saying, and agree to an extent. The "Wtf Galliani .. " was an overreaction. But looking at our current situation, our buyout deal has gone to shit. We have no money, and Berlusconi announced a while ago that there will be more cutbacks. Of course, everyone would prefer a younger promising player, but are we actually going to sign one? I don't think so. If we do, then I will commend Galliani for that, but I'm afraid we will continue the pattern that has been developed over the last few seasons and sign more mediocre trash. Last summer was an exception because at that point the Mr. Bee deal looked as good as done, so I think Berlusconi spent money thinking he was going to get a much fatter cheque for the shares he was going to sell.

My point was that we have been making so many crappy free signings, and here is a player available for free who fits the characteristics of someone we need.

Of course there's other better options, but also worse options. Let's see what Galliani does.

Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 31 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:59 pm

Sorry, man. It wasn't directed at you but at a number of fans who, perhaps rightfully, have a somewhat jaded view of Galliani and co.

I do, however, disagree with you. There is every indication that the club, for the first time since the sale of Thiago Silva and Ibra, has a very clear plan in mind and an ambition to return to greatness.

Where have you read that there are more cutbacks expected? Everything that I've read has pointed to further financial support from Berlusconi as well as future foreign investment into the club.

I understand that the fanbase has little faith in Galliani after some awful transfer seasons. However, I believe that last transfer window is more indicative of the club's ambitions (Bacca, Romagnoli, Kucka were all great purchases).

All I'm saying is that there is every indication that the club has an ambitious plan to return to the top. A plan that involves youth (which has already been implemented to great effect) as well as further investment. So lighten up and be a little more optimistic.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:22 pm

The fact that it took, supposedly, this long to formalize a so called 'plan' or whatever is a testament to the incompetence of Galliani, and even now, we're trudging through the season by the skin of our teeth, if not for Sinisa. We're not in 3rd place, not yet, this could all go south very very fast.

The club having an ambition to return to the top is borderline minimum what any club has to have. Its the means to get to there where people have differences. Galliani made some good purchases, and he made some meh purchases. But in the grand scheme of things? Take into consideration the last 3 years, he's done more harm than good. Heck, he single handedly paved the way for Tevez for Juve with the Matri deal Laughing it only took Silvio to open his wallet a bit to get some dignity back, and even then he was never a 'wheeler dealer' type of director, i mean look at the history of our transfers lol. We splashed on Pippo, Nesta, Rui Costa, etc. If its not a somewhat mildly expensive then its a free agent for him. I'm barely scratching the surface with Galliani, not even mentioning his exclusive dealings with agents/entities like Genoa/Bronzetti/Mino

But anyways, you're talking about a club who has banged drums about a failed stadium plan, a club that leads its fans down the rabbit hole with transfers time and time again, a club that is dealing with some entity that no one knows about and lacks communication with its fans in regards to what is going on. You call what we have right now a 'clear plan in mind'? I disagree with you sir, we have an objective to get back to CL, but not a semblance of a plan.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:40 am

No one is denying that the club has been treading water for the past 4 years or so and no one is saying that Galliani isn't at least partially at fault for that. However, it's most likely even more due to the complete lack of investment into the club. You guys hate on him for getting free agents, but those are the only players you can get with no money. Get it? No money = no players with transfer fees. Pretty simple I'd say. Galliani does have a tendency to work with friends, but it's through these dealings that we've gotten players like antonelli, ibra, kucka, robinho, balo, etc... Sure it hasn't worked a lot of the times, and I'm not condoning it, but you can't harp on him for it without looking at both sides.

I'm talking about a club that has attempted to build a new stadium and is still looking into avenues to do so. Surprise surprise, this shit isn't a quick endeavor in Italy. You don't go to the store and say "Hai I'd like land for a huge new stadium, please and thanks". Things take time in the real world. I'm also talking about a club that invested heavily in our latest transfer window, and has a strong Italian core with youth players that most clubs in the world would dream of having. We're the third youngest team in Serie A, how does that not imply planning for the future? In addition, Berlusconi has been very forthright about foreign investment and his plans with Bee. Read his most recent interview.

So, yeah, I'd say there's a plan and I'll be happy to be proven right in our next transfer window. If I'm proven wrong, then so be it, I'll still cheer for the club to return to greatness. It's only a matter of time for a club of Milan's stature.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:06 pm

Who said its only because of free agents? It is a facet of his problems but not the only, in accordance with the exorbitant wages some of our previous players were on, no wonder we had no 'investment' lmao. I mean, who was complaining when we got Monty for free? Or Lopez? Its the Matri's, the Essien's, the Vergara's, the Salamon's, the Taiwo's etc

Galliani's buddies, as we claim them. Sure, gave us some nice players, and also some bad players. But why is it that he works through these avenues and these avenues only? Why don't we scout the Bundesliga? (as if we have a scouting department lol), or listen to some our older player's recommendations? Remember when van Bommel vehemently recommended Strootman to us, when he returned to PSV? Granted, things didn't work out for him up until now, but at that time, he was a coup for Roma with their fairytale season start.

The stadium plan was in the works for 2 years, they led us by our nose and even the official communication from the club confirmed it. But oh wait, suddenly it was not possible?! Curious that it was called off after Bee had a pre agreement with Silvio..Coincidence? Maybe not, but eerily suspicious.

3rd youngest team wouldn't even be possible without Sinisa lol, and don't tell me its the management's plan all along. Because, Sinisa wasn't first choice, and no one could've predicted he'd bring in Donna and bench DL of all people, or even bring Calabria for that matter. Heck, even Silvio is lambasting him every other week, throwing teases here and there. Its clear he has no faith in him or does not want him at the club. Its clear that the club, has no/doesn't want to have plans with him next season. Is this indication of some grandiose Machiavellian plan that the club has seeded years ago?

Silvio forthright?

about foreign investment?

I think i've said what needs to be said
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Some good back and forth criticism on Galliani ( and Berlusconi inevitably ) , but also fair game to note he's not always on the wrong side of things . He of course has been by all means incompetent on many fronts for some time now , yet we must never forget that lack of funds has never been more apparent than recent times , with the exception of last summer . Which hardly saw Galliani pulling the strings , rather the circumstances dictating his hand , something which mostly turned to our benefit in hindsight. Said my bit 1-2 pages back , won't repeat it here .

I understand constant and focused criticism on Galliani must come to an ease at some point , i think he has done good things he barely got credit for , however the negatives clearly outweigh the positives in recent times. Also , i don't see what's wrong on raising the question in Banega's case . Galliani is someone who's made such prominent use of the Bosman signing , you'd think he will be all over a potentially quality free player .

It seems he isn't , and maybe never was . And when i think Milan and Seville have a rather positive relationship , with Galliani himself claiming he has followed Emery closely in recent times thus effectively having at least some sort of opinion on Banega , it all means Galliani simply weren't interested in him . Or who knows maybe he was , this we may never find out about , but might be he got beaten by Inter to the signing ( probably because of Zanetti ) , at least reportedly it seems Inter is pretty close .

I think it's fair game to point this out . Going for every other crook Bosman , yet failing to secure a Bosman signing when he's sought after , well , this particular case of criticism did not exactly come out of nowhere . It's perfectly reasonable to ask at least , why is that .

also

Cookie Monster wrote:Idk about you but I rather a young, promising CM over a 28 year old dick.

Knee-jerk . Is it not ?

I have a hard time thinking you'd be that negative against Banega had Milan been the ones to get him . But , just because Inter is reportedly close to his signature , you're all too quick to excuse Galliani about it and be rather judgemental about said player .

As for Bazoer , well , Napoli got a 25m offer rejected in January . This one will probably go for big money , so , excusing missing out on Banega just because we're interested in Bazoer is a stretch , goes without saying. Chances of Bazoer becoming a Milan player in the summer are almost imaginery . To put the icing on the cake , out of all the clubs with money in 2016 , Milan will hardly win a potential bidding war , and the player ain't picking Milan against at least 5 clubs matching our best offer . That's not pessimism , but pragmatism .

Finally , do follow your advice about being objective in your views , just because he's going to Inter doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good player for us . Leave aside calling him a dick just because reasons. Again with his drinking issues in the past , or flashing his dick on the internets , idk , he may be a dick lol , it's not the term i have any issue with , it's the fact that you're being biased against Banega in hindsight , just because of his next destination being Inter. Truth of the matter is Banega has proved he is a quality player when committed and it's been a while now his antics disappeared , hence the fuss about him .

Just my 2 cents .

Finally , having all that said ; and to be as fair as i can be about it all . With Montolivo around , let's just say i have questions how both him and Banega would coexist on the pitch , could be a legitimate reason along with other targets we may have , why Banega wasn't high on Galliani's list , or what have you . And of course , if it was a case between the two of them , i guess myself too would prefer Bazoer , a young prodigy with apparent strong character , impressive traits and maturity aplenty for a 19 year old . Can't say no to that . That said , it's not a case between the two after all , it never was .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:47 pm

ES wrote:Who said its only because of free agents? It is a facet of his problems but not the only, in accordance with the exorbitant wages some of our previous players were on, no wonder we had no 'investment' lmao. I mean, who was complaining when we got Monty for free? Or Lopez? Its the Matri's, the Essien's, the Vergara's, the Salamon's, the Taiwo's etc

Salamon, Taiwo, and Vergara were all considered good purchases at the time. Sometimes players don't amount to what you'd hoped they would.

ES wrote:Galliani's buddies, as we claim them. Sure, gave us some nice players, and also some bad players. But why is it that he works through these avenues and these avenues only? Why don't we scout the Bundesliga? (as if we have a scouting department lol), or listen to some our older player's recommendations? Remember when van Bommel vehemently recommended Strootman to us, when he returned to PSV? Granted, things didn't work out for him up until now, but at that time, he was a coup for Roma with their fairytale season start.

He doesn't ALWAYS work through these avenues. He mainly did so in a time when the club was so poor financially that the only way he could make purchases was through dealings with his 'buddies'.

Scout the Bundesliga? Really? Then your suggestion of a player who was recommended by another player is a guy who hasn't played in 2 years....Enough said there I guess.

ES wrote:The stadium plan was in the works for 2 years, they led us by our nose and even the official communication from the club confirmed it. But oh wait, suddenly it was not possible?! Curious that it was called off after Bee had a pre agreement with Silvio..Coincidence? Maybe not, but eerily suspicious.

Barbara and co. were actually pretty informative during the development of the stadium plans. We knew that they were bidding for a land, that they outbid everyone else, and that negotiations broke down when the holding company added stipulations about who would pay to reclaim the land. Don't act like us fans weren't informed. If you didn't bother to read about, it doesn't mean it wasn't out there. In addition, what gives us the entitlement to know every detail about these deals? Are you or I putting ANY money into this?

ES wrote:3rd youngest team wouldn't even be possible without Sinisa lol, and don't tell me its the management's plan all along. Because, Sinisa wasn't first choice, and no one could've predicted he'd bring in Donna and bench DL of all people, or even bring Calabria for that matter. Heck, even Silvio is lambasting him every other week, throwing teases here and there. Its clear he has no faith in him or does not want him at the club. Its clear that the club, has no/doesn't want to have plans with him next season. Is this indication of some grandiose Machiavellian plan that the club has seeded years ago?

Silvio forthright?

about foreign investment?

I think i've said what needs to be said

True, Miha has had a lot to do with the implementation of youth. But as in any club, that's usually up to the manager. The fact that we had these players that he could call up is all you can ask for really.

Again, if you don't bother to read, then don't comment on things. Berlu's recent interview has pretty much explained everything that went on with Bee, why it didn't work out, what he's still planning on doing with him, etc...
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:57 pm

Dante, don't feel like quoting things.

We can all agree that Galliani has been relatively ineffective as a sporting director. Downright awful in some cases. I was just raising the point that it gets ridiculous that every little thing leads to a 'THANKS GALLIANI'. The guy deserves criticism, but when we only criticize without ever pointing out the good that he has done, which was much more prominent in the past  and still sprinkled in once in a while in the bad times, then we're just blindly hating.

As for Banega. I did remain objective. I said he could be a good signing, I'm not doubting that. Is it not a knee-jerk to see a RUMOUR that Inter are interested and immediately blame Galliani for not signing him? Maybe he is looking into it? Maybe he did and thought it wasn't worth it? How do we know? in fact, there were rumours that we were interested in Banega as well. Every time the media says something about a team being interested in a player we take it as gospel, but when the media says that Milan is interested in a player we disregard those rumours. It's pretty hypocritical.

And Banega is a dick. That's a fact and I stand by the use of that word lol. The guy has proven it time and time again. If there's anything people should learn about those types of players, it's that they rarely change their behaviour for long. Maybe Inter will get lucky and he'll prove an astute buy. My money is on the opposite though.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:24 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
Salamon, Taiwo, and Vergara were all considered good purchases at the time. Sometimes players don't amount to what you'd hoped they would.

Vergara and Salamon cost a combined 8m, Taye Taiwo was on 4m p/y and he only got 4 appearances. 4m a year, thats 1m shy from Ibra's wages lmao

Here you go if you don't believe me: http://www.informationng.com/2013/02/highest-paid-nigerian-footballers-in-2012.html

Cookie Monster wrote:
He doesn't ALWAYS work through these avenues. He mainly did so in a time when the club was so poor financially that the only way he could make purchases was through dealings with his 'buddies'.

Scout the Bundesliga? Really? Then your suggestion of a player who was recommended by another player is a guy who hasn't played in 2 years....Enough said there I guess.

He does work with these avenues more times than not, and thats enough to lay claim to it.

Did you even read my post? I said at that time it would've been pragmatic. Instead we got Birsa and Matri rofl Guess who owned Birsa at the time? (hint: starts with G and ends with enoa)

And whats wrong with scouting the Bundesliga? Laughing, it just shows the tunnel vision when it comes to us getting players.

Cookie Monster wrote:
Barbara and co. were actually pretty informative during the development of the stadium plans. We knew that they were bidding for a land, that they outbid everyone else, and that negotiations broke down when the holding company added stipulations about who would pay to reclaim the land. Don't act like us fans weren't informed. If you didn't bother to read about, it doesn't mean it wasn't out there. In addition, what gives us the entitlement to know every detail about these deals? Are you or I putting ANY money into this?

I was one of the people staunchly following the stadium plans and reported most of what has been said here http://www.goallegacy.net/t34752p54-stadium#1498222 So don't tell me what i read or did not read. We won the bid, the Fondazione Fiera Milano said. Read it in the thread. Then suddenly, there's 'stipulations'? What stipulations? We as fans have every right to know about this, why did the club communicate with us then or make that stupid ass video? We have every right to know what held it up. This isn't some club secret or unspoken rule, this is a two way communication between the club and the fans. Why publish that video and bang drums then? Its all one f*cked up clownfiesta of a mess.

Cookie Monster wrote:
True, Miha has had a lot to do with the implementation of youth. But as in any club, that's usually up to the manager. The fact that we had these players that he could call up is all you can ask for really.

Again, if you don't bother to read, then don't comment on things. Berlu's recent interview has pretty much explained everything that went on with Bee, why it didn't work out, what he's still planning on doing with him, etc...

I'll give you that, because i've just seen read the interview which was out yesterday.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:48 pm

Considering my original point was that many folks on this forum and in general tend to negatively judge many facets of this club without any objectivity, I'm not sure how it went this far...But I'll bite.

Yes, I know Taiwo had an excessively high wage. As did many of these bosman transfers that Galliani made. The issue with signing bosman is that you generally have to offer a high wage. This is something that Galliani deserves criticism for. Definitely. Bad Galliani. I never said Galliani hasn't done wrong. In fact, I actually hope that we find someone to replace him or at the very least find a sporting director to supplement him, as I don't think he has what it takes to be an effective director in modern football. All I'm saying is that we should reserve criticism for when it is deserved, and not just spew that nonsense all the time. In addition, we should also be positive when the club makes good steps forward.

If you were following the development of the stadium, then I don't see how you can claim that the club wasn't keeping fans informed? Did you want the contract for the land leaked so you could inspect it lol? Or perhaps the blueprint of the new stadium? They told us they were trying to build a stadium on land that they bid for. They mentioned the whole time that there were complications associated with building something like this in Italy, and they also informed us of what went wrong when the plans didn't come to fruition. As for the video, I believe it was released when everything looked to be going well with the stadium plans. They were probably excited and trying to make us fans excited as well. However, sometimes things go belly up for unforeseen reasons. In retrospect, they should have been more cautious with their optimism.

In the end, all I'm saying is that for once since our last scudetto there seems to be some semblance of a plan. Some semblance of a possible resurgence. The recent transfer window was a good one, not perfect, but a vast improvement on the past. The team is playing like an actual team, which we haven't seen since Allegri. Berlu is speaking of future investment, which is a turnaround from the past 5 years of cutbacks and 'balancing the books'. There are very clear signs that, as fans, we can afford to be optimistic. If some fans can't see that, then they're too jaded of a bunch to even bother with.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:53 pm

How long have you been on the forum, Cookie Monster?

Because many of us have been here for years and the disappointment with the club in my opinion is more than fair. I'll be honest about my lack of interest in Milan - I just feel I'm not going to dedicate time to a team that doesn't seem to care. I don't need us to be winning the Scudetto every year, but we have been a hot mess for quite a while now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Libero Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:06 pm

I just hope we can seal the deals for Bazoer,Mammana,Vangeoni and Vazquez.That'll be awesome

We also need a back up for Bacca.I don't see Niang as the solution

Libero
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:09 pm

Interesting discussion.

I think we can all agree that after the TS and Ibra sale, things have been really shit, but this is the first time they are starting to pick up. And some of the credit for that does to Galliani. But then again, some of the credit for the shit goes to him too. It's never just one factor though. Yes, we lacked finances, but there's examples out there of clubs doing very well on a limited budget by focusing on scouting and bringing in youth, which to be fair we have been doing more of recently.

That said, have to agree with Dom as well. Bar last summer, the general attitude from the management was pretty shit and it looked like they didn't just didn't care. And at that point, you can't expect the fans to keep up their enthusiasm.

I think this season can be a turning point. The team is playing well right now, and if we make the necessary purchases in the summer, I can easily see us getting back in the CL and back on track in a year or two. On the other hand, the opposite is possible as well. We end up finishing 5th - 6th, Mihajlovic is sacked or one of the big players like Bacca or Romagnoli is sold to "balance the books" or whatever. I'm hoping it's the earlier.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:20 pm

One of my concerns about us doing well is that it allows management to say we don't need to be as active on the market. It's like a double edged sword.

I've been saying this for years...we need structure and a longterm plan. Our coaching post has been a revolving door and it seems like part of that has been management leaning towards "yes men" who just take what they are given and keep their mouth shut.

I've known ES for a while and I've been frustrated for a while - but this is the team I chose to ride with and I will never jump ship. I might not invest my time as much, but I don't desire supporting any other team. But you can't tell me ES or other posters in here place undeserved blame on management - it just got to a breaking point where it was hard to just stand by the team and not point out all the flaws.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:06 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:How long have you been on the forum, Cookie Monster?

Because many of us have been here for years and the disappointment with the club in my opinion is more than fair. I'll be honest about my lack of interest in Milan - I just feel I'm not going to dedicate time to a team that doesn't seem to care. I don't need us to be winning the Scudetto every year, but we have been a hot mess for quite a while now.

Been lurking since the goal.com days. Don't know when I started posting. Not sure how that matters? I've been a Milan fan for over 15 years, followed them through bad times and good.

Wow lack of interest eh. Some fan. Never did I say that we haven't been a mess for a while. In fact, I've stated it over and over? Don't see how you lot keep overlooking that. Did I not make my point clear? I'm just saying that MAYBE, just maybe, we're at a turning point after a dark time. And MAYBE it's time to stop the constant bitching about everything and have a more objective look at our situation right now, in the present. Not the last 5 years, now. That's the last time I'll make the point because at this point I can only gather that you're actively ignoring what I'm saying.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:12 pm

Agreed, management has been downright woeful at times since the TS and Ibra sale. No Milan fan would argue that.

However, there seems to be a turnaround looming. Our general quality of play has much improved, the attitude and spirit of the team has improved, there is enthusiasm in the team and a desire to do well for once in a long time. Embrace. Sure, stay cautious, don't get over excited, but look at it for what it is.

Also, I realize that a garbage transfer window this summer will obviate any good the club has done this year. So, if that happens, you're all right to be so pessimistic right now lol, but I rather hope for the good than perpetually expect the bad.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:14 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:One of my concerns about us doing well is that it allows management to say we don't need to be as active on the market. It's like a double edged sword.

Lol Galliani has really ruined you eh. Can't even be happy about an improvement because it'll just mean the management will use it as an excuse to throw us in the shitter once again. Must suck.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Yeah but you're trying to downplay the mess and how poorly management has been. I still love Milan, but I won't invest my time when the owners/management are neglecting the club.

I don't see how you can call what this forum has posted as bitching. We are merely discussing our frustration. Even those who actually go and watch the games in the stadium have expressed their discontent. So you're telling me that you are one of the few realistic people about the current situation and all the rest of us are just complaining for no reason? Because that's what your statement sounds like to me.

I asked about your time on the forum because yours posts are directed at us - so I feel its a fair question to ask. As a matter of fact, many of the posters were incredibly patient with management.

In the end, all I'm saying is that for once since our last scudetto there seems to be some semblance of a plan. Some semblance of a possible resurgence. The recent transfer window was a good one, not perfect, but a vast improvement on the past. The team is playing like an actual team, which we haven't seen since Allegri. Berlu is speaking of future investment, which is a turnaround from the past 5 years of cutbacks and 'balancing the books'. There are very clear signs that, as fans, we can afford to be optimistic. If some fans can't see that, then they're too jaded of a bunch to even bother with.

Some semblance of a plan since we won the scudetto? Are you serious? We've jumped from coach to coach and the only plan I see is "let's get free and cheap players even if they don't fit the system". Yeah, really wonderful plan. Also, didn't we recently talk about having to balance the books again? How are we every going to implement a long term model is the same issues keeping appearing year after year. You think we are jaded, but I feel you're delusional.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:20 pm

No one has ruined me. It's you who chooses to buy into what management is saying. I'm always willing to listen, but I also pay attention to the actions after the statement. And in my opinion, they will say anything do get the fans off their back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:55 pm

I never actually directed anything at any of you in particular or as whole. I actually think goallegacy has some of the most level headed Milan fans on the Internet lol. Much much much better than the shitshow on RnB forums lol. Honestly didn't mean any hostility to any of u, but if you took it that way then so be it rando. You don't think I've been frustrated with how the club has been run for the last little while? I'm sure I've complained as much or more than many of you, trust me lol. I'm just saying that based on the most recent evidence (talking about just this year) there might be a turnaround ahead.  

And I said it is the FIRST time since the scudetto that we seem to have some semblance of a plan. It's also the first time in this period that Berlu has talked about investment rather than spewing the 'balancing the books' and 'fine as we are' comments that he has for the past 5 years. You're acting as if he's been talking about investing into Milan and not acting on it, cuz he hasn't. Up until recently it was the tired expressions like 'economic crisis in Italy so I can't invest, we're fine as we are, can't keep up with oil money, we've won more than anyone else'. This is the first time he's legit talked about his plan, foreign investment and how he plans to make Milan a competitor once again. He could be lying, he's a politician after all, but bases on this season, it seems plausible that he speaks the truth.

And I'm not saying don't be upset about how the club has been run. We all have the right to be. Just saying as a fanbase, our time is better spent focusing on the good. And this year there has been good stuff to get excited about. That's all.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:00 pm

It's all love my brother. I didn't take anything you said personally and I'm just here to have a discussion - no hard feelings at all Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:01 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote: You think we are jaded, but I feel you're delusional.

Now that's just mean Sad

Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:02 pm

drinking
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Sorry my forum etiquette is rusty Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:36 am

Baldie is a decent VP, actually he was AMAZING when Berlu had lot of cash to throw around.

But its pretty evident that hes absolutely trash when the club doesnt have that much money to throw around. Its not a surprise that we had more money this past summer to spend around and we're actually having the best season since the ibra silva sales (sad, i know). I feel like he lacks spotting football talent. Its easy to find proven players for $$$$, anybody could do that.

It might not be entirely Galliani's fault, maybe we have weak scouting networks, etc. Whatever the case may be, results speak for themselves and we've been crap these past couple of years and the club doesnt seem to have a plan. Especially since Berlu still talks of firing Miha here and there which is really fukin stupid.

I personally want Galliani fired but doubt it happens anytime soon. #ForzaMilan anyways cuz every other club is still shit compared to ours. Heart
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:57 pm

http://www.football-italia.net/80419/maksimovic-big-clubs-no-thanks

Interesting stuff from Maksimovic here. It would seem Mihajlovic has been a big fan of his for quite a while now . Apparently he may have picked a thing or two from Nesta , when asked about a role model . It also may seem he would walk from Torino to Milan if we considered him as a partner to Romagnoli .

Romagnoli - Maksimovic hmm
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next