The Franchise
B-Mac
Great Leader Sprucenuce
LeSwagg James
Freeza
21 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:15 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Remember when i was called a hater for saying Raps ain't good enough earlier in the year?

Good times.

Pretty sure I was with you on that. Getting called out by Bmac and the lot Laughing

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:24 am

This Bucks and Bulls game is actually fun Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:27 am

izzy wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:The Raps suck.. Terrible franchise, been letting the city down for like the past decade plus

Really Swagg?

What did I say wrong? This team sucks and we've *bleep* up draft pick after draft pick ffs... Our only hope for the near future is Drake convincing KD to come ( Laughing ), or Wiggins becoming a superstar and coming home
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:45 am

Tbf though the expectations are too high then, Toronto are not that good and outside of the Carter era they never really have had a reason to expect otherwise.

Not really the teams fault that they can't live up to absurdly high expectations.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:15 am

I wonder what the expectations are?

Like, what do people think the Raptors should be?

I dunno, for me, other than the Lakers and the Celtics no fans should expect anything unless they have a roster which is up to par.

The Spurs join them just because of Duncan and they will be good as long as Duncan is there. But once thats over, even they cant just expect to do something serious either. Its going to be the unknown...the Bulls before and after Jordan type thing.

The best Raptors team I ever remember had Vince and Antonio Davis as the two best players and very little else to talk about. The likes of Keon Clark, Alvin Williams and 400 year old Charles Oakley isnt anything special. And thats the best squad they ever had.

So I mean, when people say they are letting the city down or they are disappointing I always think, relative to what exactly?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:44 am

I would be happy with beating the Wizards and pushing the Hawks in the second round.. That is something we can be proud of

To come out flat like that, at home in game 1, with that atmosphere and hype around the city is a disappointment imo.. It might only be 1 game but I think the series is over now Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:47 pm

Clippers take game 1. Tony Parker is going to have to be ultra aggressive when shots aren't falling for the supporting cast Danny Green, Diaw, etc.

Leonard for all the goat things he brings he really can't be the best scorer on this Spurs team as well as doing so much more defensively.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:52 pm

Sure he can, just because it didn't happen in game one doesn't mean it can't happen as it happened many times before.

Especially when your being guarded by Matt Barnes Laughing

Still expect the Spurs to come through in 6 tbh, Blake and CP were outstanding but it's never been about Blake and CP has it? it's that their depth is terrible and their wings are so poor that not only can teams can do what they want with them but it also allows teams to hide their PGs while putting 6 ft 7 and above guys on CP.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:58 pm

I think Duncan will eventually put in work on Jordan, get him in foul trouble probably too and pick the Clips apart from there.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:10 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/20/report-thunder-seriously-uconn-coach-kevin-ollie-to-replace-scott-brooks/

Could it actually be happening lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:04 pm

You would think not making the playoffs would have been the straw that broke the camels back.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:31 pm

You would think so but i can see some blatant injury excuses being used.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:28 am

Dont think he will get fired.

They would have to pay Brooks off and they seem very reluctant to spend money on anything.

Add in the injuries excuse plus the ringing endorsements from Durant and Ibaka, I just dont see it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:36 am

The Franchise wrote:Dont think he will get fired.

They would have to pay Brooks off and they seem very reluctant to spend money on anything.

Add in the injuries excuse plus the ringing endorsements from Durant and Ibaka, I just dont see it.

It would cost OKC 4.5m to make Brooks go away and another 5m to buyout Kevin Ollie. Got to be too much for OKC I would think, they might get rid of Brooks but they won't pay 2 large buyouts.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:39 am

If they don't do something they'll continue to waste one of the most talented squads ever, as they've continually done. Brooks is clueless.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:40 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/12728635/monty-williams-new-orleans-pelicans-coach-suggests-noise-golden-state-warriors-arena-illegal

lol..
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:44 am

Can't believe we're actually up at halftime. Pelicans are giving us a game. Klay needs to quit slacking on the offensive end. He hit 2 threes in a row but otherwise he's been very passive and keeps making the wrong decision. Defensively he's still doing a great job on Tyreke.

Bench (Barbosa specifically) saved our asses at the start of the second quarter. Pelicans were pulling away like crazy. Davis though :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:07 am

Klay stepping up Proud

This was a tough game but 4th quarter lock down defense took care of it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:46 am

Bucks are so bad lmao
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:01 am

Did say when they traded Knight it was a bad idea, they have absolutely zero offence now.

Defence is great though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:13 pm

Yeah, the length of all of the Bucks wing players gave the Bulls trouble. Turnovers and bad shooting.

But they just dont have the firepower to beat the Bulls.

Bulls just have more explosive scorers, game 1 Rose, game 2 Butler and not a single Bucks player has had a similar outburst and dont think they will.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:46 pm

Gasol has been pretty meh so far as well in terms of scoring, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a 25 and 12 game by the time the series is done.

They just have too many weapons for them, you double Rose and it just makes life easier for Butler, Gasol and Dunleavy gets wide open shots. Not to mention the bench, same goes if you double Gasol or Butler.

These East series are a joke really, only one of them is competitive and that's because they are both as shit as each other. (Wiz and Raps)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:59 pm

Agree. I cant be any more for scrapping top 8 East and West and just putting the best 16 teams in.

I know its a big change considering the NBA history, but lets be real here...when was the last time the East was a strong was the West top to bottom?

Lebron is in year 11 (?), his entire career the East has been 3 (max 4) good teams and the rest pathetic.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:39 pm

80s probably lol, it was strong during Jordan championship years but not top to bottom.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:09 pm

Late 90s. Heat and Magic won 60 games each in back to back seasons and the 8th seed was over .500
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:38 pm

I completely skipped over the late 90s because of that 96 Bulls team running rampant on it all Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next