TheRedStag
stevieg8
nj
Fahim89
:{Mr.Mustachio!
22 posters

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by poolsupporter Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:44 am

I've not seen the Rayo link being official yet. However, the Atletico one was posted on the official website.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/pacheco-loan-deal-confirmed

poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:27 am

Wait. So is Coates official? ._.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:39 am

Nacional has confirmed he is leaving the club on their official website and Coates have confirmed he is departing to Liverpool today.Also their vice president confirmed they have accepted Liverpool's offer.So i would say as much as close to being official pending medical and work permit.

He has departed yesterday night to Liverpool and will undergo medical tomorrow acc. to Uruguayan media.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:34 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14664761.stm

Bellamy rumor on BBC. :O
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Nishank wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14664761.stm

Bellamy rumor on BBC. :O

hmmmm that is worrisome . . Surprised
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:43 pm

1. Got nothing against Bellamy but got a feeling that we could have got a young players for same amount we might be paying him.

2. Rayo or Atletico, this is a great (& make or break as well) chance for Pacheco.

3. Really elated about Coats. Always wanted some Latino touch.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:12 pm

I cant understand why anyone would complain against signing Bellamy.If we sign him he will be our 4th choice striker but would be an excellent impact player.Also with his pace he would give us extra dimension along with Suarez and Downing.

Would u seriously like or Bellamy Ngog coming off the bench when we need a goal.No brainer for me and i cant think off any proven goal scorer that is better than Bellamy and would be happy to be as 4th choice for us.This might even enable us to sign another winger if we get Bellamy for free.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:52 pm

Well the only problem is have with him is that i doubt at 32 he still has the same pace & energy as he used to plus his salary would be pretty high . .now for me there is no point of comparing Ngog & Bellamy i was never a big fan of Ngog so no comparisons there. .but for Bellamy i doubt his capabilities at 32 that's it . .Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Well the only problem is have with him is that i doubt at 32 he still has the same pace & energy as he used to plus his salary would be pretty high . .now for me there is no point of comparing Ngog & Bellamy i was never a big fan of Ngog so no comparisons there. .but for Bellamy i doubt his capabilities at 32 that's it . .Smile

The year before last year he was City's best player along with Tevez.Last year after the bust up with Manchini plenty of managers wanted Bellamy in PL (including Spurs) but city refused to loan to any PL team so he went to Cardiff in Championship.He scored 11 goals and 14 assists playing at left wing.Though i havent watched Bellamy last year and this was in championship u cant deny these arent impressive figures.So really dont think he has lost his pace or finishing instincts like Owen and also would be happy to a bench player.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:20 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:Well the only problem is have with him is that i doubt at 32 he still has the same pace & energy as he used to plus his salary would be pretty high . .now for me there is no point of comparing Ngog & Bellamy i was never a big fan of Ngog so no comparisons there. .but for Bellamy i doubt his capabilities at 32 that's it . .Smile

The year before last year he was City's best player along with Tevez.Last year after the bust up with Manchini plenty of managers wanted Bellamy in PL (including Spurs) but city refused to loan to any PL team so he went to Cardiff in Championship.He scored 11 goals and 14 assists playing at left wing.Though i havent watched Bellamy last year and this was in championship u cant deny these arent impressive figures.So really dont think he has lost his pace or finishing instincts like Owen and also would be happy to a bench player.

Well mate i just said i had doubts . .with his age & a 95k purse. . i just have doubts i knew about his credentials but those two factors considered i have doubts . . Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:31 pm

True mate i too am skeptical of the wages we have to offer but it seems we want an experienced striker and i think Bellamy would be a good signing in the short term.Also his pace will be really useful as an impact sub imo.Hopefully City negotiate a pay cut with him and we offer in the region of 50-60k .But other than that i would be happy with him.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:49 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:True mate i too am skeptical of the wages we have to offer but it seems we want an experienced striker and i think Bellamy would be a good signing in the short term.Also his pace will be really useful as an impact sub imo.Hopefully City negotiate a pay cut with him and we offer in the region of 50-60k .But other than that i would be happy with him.

I just have a question poking behind my mind that if we can buy a highly potential striker at an inflated price. .then why not go for a experienced striker also?? but then again i would wake up everyday & tell myself my manager is King! & i won't bother anymore Very Happy . . so i guess this Bellamy doubts would vanish too . . Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:02 am

Liverpool hopeful of welcoming Craig Bellamy back to Anfield as forward discusses compensation with City

Now even Telegraph reports . .i guess it is very close ! ! Though the report suggests THFC are also on the run . . but i guess that is just a stereotyped tag along with our transfer rumors Razz

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8723650/Liverpool-hopeful-of-welcoming-Craig-Bellamy-back-to-Anfield-as-forward-discusses-compensation-with-City.html
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:26 am

Bellamy would do wonders for Kenny.

Bellamy is one of those guys that gives respect to their managers only if they respect him.

Would be a great signing. He'd probably get a 2 year contract with around 70k a week. Let's just hope he does well.

Anyway, Coates is APPARENTLY going to sign in the next couple of days.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:46 am

ynwa wrote:Bellamy would do wonders for Kenny.

Bellamy is one of those guys that gives respect to their managers only if they respect him.

Would be a great signing. He'd probably get a 2 year contract with around 70k a week. Let's just hope he does well.

Anyway, Coates is APPARENTLY going to sign in the next couple of days.

He gets a 95k a week in ManCity . . 70K would be to great a decrease! !

btw most of us here is looking at him as a backup to Suarez & Carroll but i also feel he can fit in very well on the right hand side . . i guess he has done previously for West Ham & ManCity . . Thumbs up

According to some rumors he is supposed to have his Medical today as he came to Liverpool yesterday & his father did meet up with Ayre & Comolli . . Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:51 am

Coates left his homeland yesterday after being given permission by Uruguay champions Nacional to hold talks with the Reds.

The defender, who was crowned young player of the tournament at last month's Copa America, said an emotional farewell to the club where he has spent the past decade.

"For the fans I can only give words of gratitude, they have always treated me fantastically and supported me in the hardest times," he said.

"I will wear the Nacional jersey again, however, and I hope when this happens I get the same great backing."

There was also interest from Manchester City and Ukrainian outfit FC Dnipro but Luis Suarez helped convince his Uruguay teammate to choose Liverpool.

"The chance to move to Liverpool is very attractive," Coates said. "It's a club with a lot of tradition and history in English football, and the fact that Luis is there is a great help for me.

"Luis got in touch with me and we had a chat. It is good there is another Uruguayan already in the team."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/08/26/uruguay-defender-sebastian-coates-set-to-tie-up-7m-move-to-liverpool-fc-100252-29305243/

& maybe this is the video of the interview i believe but i do not understand a single word . . Razz . . if any of you do please do translate . . Sad

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:22 am

Coates and Bellamy and were done for this year. cheers
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:52 am

I'm not too excited about the possible Bellamy signing, but maybe he will get me excited - if he's coming.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:12 am

Coates for me is the real deal! for 7m! ! has real potential this lad! ! Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:58 am

I've just realized and come to the fact that out transfer mercato as been absolutely stellar.

I mean we didn't acquire a marquee superstar signing but it has been made up with more of a handpicked influence by Kenny who knows best on what fits the system and what doesn't.

So far, all of them have been playing great as Coates will be the icing on top.

Really, did anyone expect NESV to contribute so much spending for us?

I truly am thankful for how NESV has brought sensible managing with vision and wisdom.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:08 am

twitter rumors saying that bellamy talks fell through and he's headed to spurs, and that we're bidding for ibrahim affelay soon. not sure how legitimate either of those are, they're citing tabloidesports.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:17 am

I've been a little surprised by the amount of funds that have been available. Delighted with our transfer policy of buying young(ish) players.

Bellamy to Spurs? I doubt, Defoe is better.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:08 am

Both of these rumors of Bellamy to Spurs & Affellay bid have sources like Daily Mail . .whereas Telegraph, Guardian & BBC have reported Bellamy's bid i guess Daily Mail does fall short . . .

Also there has been no news on Afellay but the good thing is if anything has to happen they would happen pretty soon no matter who comes in or goes out as only 3days are left . .

btw Coates is a done deal with just the work permit left . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:15 am

I wasn't eleted about Bellamy coming. Was actually surprised to see NESV sanctioning the purchase of a 32-year old with £95k wage. But feel kind of sad to see him going to spurs. He is a great impact player much like Kuyt, with less discpline & more talent.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:34 am

Bellamy rumors are from Mail so dont thnk it will mean much.Even if we miss out on him i am sure we have lined up a good back up option.

We missed out on Clichy and signed Enrique , missed out on Jones has signed Coates so i am confident we will again make a good signing even if we miss out on Bellamy.But still think he is headed on for us rather than Spurs.

Also i cant think of a better transfer window for us than this season for a long time.Absolutely made up with this one.Kudos to Comolli too signing Adam for 7 mil , Enrique for 6mil and Coates for 7mil bargains of the summer.Excellent piece of work from him deserves credit imo.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:28 pm

Now have any one you guys read anything about Yossi coming back??? that would really be a shocker Shocked . .i myself don't see any justification of it . .i hope its the usually Twitter rumors . .

btw any news on Bellamy??
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next