Donuts
windkick
The Franchise
44 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 23 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:31 pm

I agree. 40M for Arda is way worse than 90M for Pogba tbh.

Bartomeu (presidential candidate): "Two B players will join first team this summer. Because coach wants it, not because of a clause." [catr]

Munir and Samper?

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:31 pm

lmao 40m for turan. WTF is this.

This club pisses me off, must have the worst negotiators in the whole of Europe. Seen scrubs being sold for more than all the youngsters we've sold. So many loan deal FFS
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:50 pm

MaraVilla wrote:lmao 40m for turan. WTF is this.

This club pisses me off, must have the worst negotiators in the whole of Europe. Seen scrubs being sold for more than all the youngsters we've sold. So many loan deal FFS

41M is his release clause apparently. I hope it's not him who we're signing, the guy's attitude is awful
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:16 pm

free_cat wrote:Talk about unnecessary expense, spending 40 milion for Turan (who is good but will basically be a bench warmer for us...).

Just save those for Pogba.
80m for Pogba or 40m for Turan Laughing Bart is desperate for a last minute announcement that will keep him the presidency.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:25 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
free_cat wrote:Talk about unnecessary expense, spending 40 milion for Turan (who is good but will basically be a bench warmer for us...).

Just save those for Pogba.
80m for Pogba or 40m for Turan Laughing Bart is desperate for a last minute announcement that will keep him the presidency.

Thought you were a fan of Turan?
I also like him, he always performs vs. Madrid, but he is basically a poor man's iniesta in attack with a lot more defense in him, at almost same age.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Turan asked Atletico for transfer fee to be maximum 35-36M. Player willing to play at Barcelona B or on loan at Galatasaray until Jan. [md]

Atletico Madrid player Arda Turan (28) told people close to him he's confident a deal with Barcelona will be closed on Friday. [md]

NOOOOOOOOOO
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Arda Turan? Laughing

Even for Atletico, he was sometimes on the bench in the most important situations.

What is this? Because he cant sign Koke (who I dont want either) we want the next best thing from the same source?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:17 pm

Barça's Albert Soler flew out to Italy earlier today for Pogba meeting with Juventus [sport]

I think the Arda links are made up tbh
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:40 pm

Arda's very close friend wrote this on twitter an hour ago: 'Arda Turan won't be going to Barcelona !!!'

banana

Three Barcelona executives are in Brazil for talks with Fluminense on midfielder Gerson (18), on whom Barcelona have first option. [md]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 pm

Arda would make no sense. He'd cost at least € 30M. That's not a fee you pay for a backup player which he'd inevitably be. He wouldn't have much playing time ahead of Neymar, the only position Arda could play in the front 3 as Messi is unbenchable, so he'd mostly rotate with Iniesta and Rakitic who are both much better than him. With Pogba also coming next summer apparently it would make even less sense to have Arda in the squad.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:37 am

Abidal: Arda is a good player but I don't think he would adapt.

"It would be really good to have Pogba"

"I have had a relationship [with Pogba] for many years, we exchange messages and work on projects and ideas. If Joan [Laporta] wins, we will make the move. I don't know if it is a problem that he can't play [here] until 2016, but I hope he can come."
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:01 am

Braida and Soler with Juve's directors today.

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 23 CI1k4nuWcAEBkNR

Barcelona's next president will have to finalize after the elections the deal on the transfer of Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba. [sport]

Barcelona and Juventus have reached an agreement on the transfer of Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba (22) for the 2016/2017 season. [sport]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:55 am

If the rumored Montoya to Inter transfer is true (2 year loan with option to buy); this would be the current state of our squad

Goal Keepers
Marc-André ter Stegen
Claudio Bravo
Jordi Masip

Defenders
Daniel Alves
Gerard Piqué
Javier Mascherano
Jordi Alba
Jérémy Mathieu
Marc Bartra
Adriano
Thomas Vermaelen
Douglas

Midfield
Andrés Iniesta
Sergio Busquets
Ivan Rakitić
Rafinha
Sergi Roberto
Alex Song

Forwards
Lionel Messi
Luis Suárez
Neymar
Pedro

Out on Loan until June 30, 2016
Denis Suárez (Sevilla), Cristian Tello (Porto)
Out on Loan until June 30, 2017
Martín Montoya (Inter Milan)

Available January 2016
Aleix Vidal (Arrived from Sevilla)

Promoted from Barcelona B (not confirmed)
Sandro Ramírez, Munir El Haddadi, Sergi Samper, Adama Traoré, Alen Halilović

Departed
Xavi Hernandez (Al-Sadd SC), Gerard Deulofeu (Everton), Ibrahim Afellay (Free Agent)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:03 am

Saw this in general chat.

“Yes, we received an offer of €80m,” Marotta revealed.

“But I can confirm that we will not sell Pogba.”

http://football-italia.net/68562/marotta-‘juve-turned-down-pogba-bid’
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:52 am

They won't sell Pogba this summer so he can join Barca in 2016. That's logical.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:18 am

If he's going to go they would've just said it, I mean who are they trying to fool?

Everyone and their grandmothers know we want him and are chasing him no point in hiding it.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:30 am

Fußball wrote:Arda would make no sense. He'd cost at least € 30M. That's not a fee you pay for a backup player which he'd inevitably be. He wouldn't have much playing time ahead of Neymar, the only position Arda could play in the front 3 as Messi is unbenchable, so he'd mostly rotate with Iniesta and Rakitic who are both much better than him. With Pogba also coming next summer apparently it would make even less sense to have Arda in the squad.

You know at first I was upset over the Arda rumors but after giving some thought, it's starting to make sense to me. Very Happy

For one, € 30M for a player of his quality isn't that outlandish when you consider mediocre players go for the same/more these days. Surely a club of Barca's stature should be able to afford a quality and experienced back-up, and you don't get those on the cheap these days. Besides, I don't get why fans fret over transfer figures when the club in question is a football goliath and not a Granada. Razz

We've been lucky the past season in terms of injuries, the drop in quality from MSN ---> Pedro or Raki-Ini --->Raf/Rob is a significant one. A player that can bridge that difference is not optional but imperative in times when the stakes are high, esp when we can no longer summon the services of a certain Xavi.  

When I look at Arda the player, I'm looking @ top notch associative play, dribbling and work rate. He's not a classic CM in the mold of Xavi, but I tend to think his introduction in latter half of games where we need more control, can have similar effect in the sense his ball retention and passing under pressure can help slow down play and gain more influence on the game. I think he's intelligent enough to play centrally.
Up top, he may not score as much as Ney, but he'll inevitably create more space for our other forwards, and is more likely to make a incisive layoff. I tend to think Messi would score more having him amongst his supporting cast. And ofc, he's an option @ RW as well, if when Lucho want/need to shake things up.
In MF, he'll compete and rotate with both Ini/Raki, allowing them to remain fresh for the more important games, but also provide a starting option. I have to say I don't agree with your claim of Raki being the much better one. I'd like to know why you think that way. Arda's offensive skills trumps Raki, and his defensive stats are almost similar, whilst his aerial stats are reasonably good for a player of his size. The only aspect where I can say Raki is def. better is long range shooting. The others I'd give Arda the edge. What's funny is both are 60/70 mins player, perfect to rotate them. I actually think Arda can give Raki a run for his money in Lucho's system.

In short, Arda's signings has more merits than it seems on the surface. I'm actually getting excited about having another top class dribbler in our side not called messi/iniesta. Laughing

As for Pogba's impending arrival, I think we can accommodate him given Iniesta's decline and the no. of games on offer. Samper to back-up Busi until he surpasses him whilst the rest of our boys (apart from Munir/Grimaldo)are just not good enough for Barca's ambitions. The sooner we accept it, the better.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:52 am

Barcelona and Atletico have deal on transfer of Arda Turan (28). Transfer fee less than 41M buyout. Not yet clear when he'll join. [sport]

The deal on the transfer of Atletico midfielder Arda Turan (28) is being finalized. Official announcement to follow in coming hours. [md]

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:06 am

Don't agree he would create space around him that Neymar can't.

He may look like he can, but Neymar just being there because teams are scared of his pace gives space to Messi and Suarez. You can't double up on any of them because if you do you leave one of them open.

Plus it's been proven many times that Barca's 433 doesn't work very well when one of the forwards is a midfielder masquerading as a forward.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:14 am

Fußball wrote:Barcelona and Atletico have deal on transfer of Arda Turan (28). Transfer fee less than 41M buyout. Not yet clear when he'll join. [sport]

The deal on the transfer of Atletico midfielder Arda Turan (28) is being finalized. Official announcement to follow in coming hours. [md]

wtf smh :/
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:29 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Don't agree he would create space around him that Neymar can't.

He may look like he can, but Neymar just being there because teams are scared of his pace gives space to Messi and Suarez. You can't double up on any of them because if you do you leave one of them open.

Plus it's been proven many times that Barca's 433 doesn't work very well when one of the forwards is a midfielder masquerading as a forward.

Neymar's pace is only really a factor when the opp. teams are caught high up the pitch. Arda's more decisive in confined spaces, however. THAT and his combination play would aid messi more against low block defences.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:34 am

That's not true though, it's also a factor because opposition teams are so frightened by it that they try to limit his space thus opening up space for others.

You can open space in more ways than just what you do with the ball, what you do without it can create space too which is why the front 3 were so unstoppable. Each one commanded attention which created space for others.

Arda isn't capable of scaring the opposition like that and thus easier to defend because they know he's not as much of an individual threat allowing you to double up more on Messi and Suarez.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:35 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Don't agree he would create space around him that Neymar can't.

Pretty much this. All of MSN have unique roles and Arda can't assume any of them accordingly. If Neymar gets injured and Arda is to come in as a replacement the entire Messi-Neymar dynamic will be gone. Arda is so different to Neymar and doesn't really excell with off the ball movements to receive Messi's passes. We'll be back to the "Iniesta on the left" kind of dynamics where Arda will always drop to come looking for the ball which is awful. If Suarez gets injured Arda will obviously be useless. Messi would have to play as a false 9 and that too will break up the current dynamics completely where the team is playing off of Suarez. And if Messi gets injured we're screwed anyway. While Arda might be a better player than Pedro individually he's about as useless to soften a possible MSN injury blow.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:53 am

À bout de souffle wrote:

Neymar's pace is only really a factor when the opp. teams are caught high up the pitch. Arda's more decisive in confined spaces, however. THAT and his combination play would aid messi more against low block defences.

Can Arda make runs in behind the defence like Neymar does though? That's an important part of Barca's game plan imo. Messi's curlers over the top to Neymar are very important. :p

Barcelona and Atletico sources say deal on Arda Turan has not yet been closed. Agent says he hasn't been in touch with Barcelona. [ser efe]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:00 am

Montoya: "Luis Enrique told me he didn't count on me. Didn't want to lose a whole year, but couldn't leave in January due to transfer ban."

Pretty harsh but the truth. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:03 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:That's not true though, it's also a factor because opposition teams are so frightened by it that they try to limit his space thus opening up space for others.

You can open space in more ways than just what you do with the ball, what you do without it can create space too which is why the front 3 were so unstoppable. Each one commanded attention which created space for others.

Arda isn't capable of scaring the opposition like that and thus easier to defend because they know he's not as much of an individual threat allowing you to double up more on Messi and Suarez.

When the oppn is happy to just camp in front of their own box, I barely see him getting doubled-up or make a difference. It's always messi taking on much of the responsibility.

Fußball wrote:
Pretty much this. All of MSN have unique roles and Arda can't assume any of them accordingly. If Neymar gets injured and Arda is to come in as a replacement the entire Messi-Neymar dynamic will be gone. Arda is so different to Neymar and doesn't really excell with off the ball movements to receive Messi's passes. We'll be back to the "Iniesta on the left" kind of dynamics where Arda will always drop to come looking for the ball which is awful. If Suarez gets injured Arda will obviously be useless. Messi would have to play as a false 9 and that too will break up the current dynamics completely where the team is playing off of Suarez. And if Messi gets injured we're screwed anyway. While Arda might be a better player than Pedro individually he's about as useless to soften a possible MSN injury blow.

Obv MSN has its own dynamic, and has been recipe to our success for the most part. But MSN isn't the solution to all Barca problems. Its always the M that tends to bail them out against stifling tactics. "the iniesta on the left" dynamic was actually quite a useful alternate option, because it made inroads in the said circumstances, but where it failed was due to Iniesta's lack of ability to shoot @ short-range. Arda, in contrast isn't a poor goalscorer. His stats may not be very flattering, but he's played for a team where his attacking skillsets are less in play, whilst also not being presented with many opportunities in the box.

May be I'm wrong with my assessment, but Arda isn't really as bad a signing as you all are making it out to be.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next