Donuts
windkick
The Franchise
44 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:49 am

Bernardo Silva (Monaco): "Barça rumour? Something to be happy about. Every player wants to play one day at a big club like that." [marca]

Already being linked like every other player in the world. Laughing But still I hope it's true hmm

I don't think we'll sign Turan btw. The managing comitee wants the new president to sign the deal and it won't happen at least until 19 July... and it's being reported that Atletico have set a deadline on 7th of July or something like that.

banana

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:49 am

À bout de souffle wrote:
It is relevant because you called him ordinary. Because ordinary players don't have three very good skills in the bag. By your logic Busi outside his smart positioning and distribution can be deemed ordinary as he lacks pace and is physically & aerially weak. And most players can be made to look ordinary by taking out their stand-out skills.
Rafinha is not half the player Arda is. He's not even close to the player Thiago was @ similar age. And when Thiago being the more talented and experienced is finding it hard to make a mark @ the top level (CL), you think Rafinha would be a capable injury cover against the likes of Madrid/Bayern etc? Are you willing to take the risk? Or you're just banking on messi taking out half of the opp. team on his own. That seems to be Lucho's master tactics anyway. Laughing
Rafinha's not ready to be our first choice back-up for a season, not yet. I'm be surprised even if he makes it at Barca long term.

Arda a midfielder for us? Why? I would rather have Rafinha, who isnt perfect himself but has some similar attributes and wont cost 40m or whatever.

And I fundamentally disagree with you regarding Iniesta. He rarely even got into positions to finish, because he was so often not in the areas of the pitch or making the movements a winger makes. He came towards the ball constantly and Keita would make runs behind the defence. This is a big problem, because a midfielders runs into the box are easier to defend than a man running behind the rightback, or between the rightback and right centerback where they cant see him.

Obv. Iniesta isn't a traditional WF who makes runs behind the defence. But it barely works against a bunker anyway. Precisely why forwards/wingers like CR7/Bale are so impotent when space is at a premium. And they just hopelessly resort to shooting long-range with no avail. For a Barca forward who more often than not gets stifled, I'd value the ability to beat a man over pace. Iniesta @ LW is similar to Messi @ RW when he cuts in, dribbles past players/plays one-twos, and slots it past the keeper, except Iniesta shoots straight at the keeper or squares it to a nobody (false 9 effect). That's basically the trademark LW Iniesta that I remember. Now Arda is Iniesta-lite, but there is Suarez(proper 9) in the box to alleviate the problem of lack of finishing.

The Franchise wrote:
À bout de souffle wrote:
Tbf, Simeone's system favors size, athleticism and directness. Not really conducive for a skillful player to shine.  

That somewhere between a myth and an excuse. Yes, when Atletico are clinging to a lead, they want to defend it...but they field Greazmann, they have used Saul, they had used Villa and C-Rod in the past, they going to use Vietto..these guys are no more athletic than Arda.

Arda Turan and any Atletico forward thinking player, are in fact aided by his system in some ways. Because when they counter attack so directly, the forward players get alot more space to use.

But none of the aforementioned players are of similar profile to Arda. He's a ball dominant player, and player's of his ilk only shine when they see more of it. Even the best player in the world when devoid of the ball looks underwhelming, which is why the counterattacking system of ARG didn't always suit messi. Arda would thrive better in a possession-oriented attack.

Nah, dont put words in my mouth. Busquets is elite, one of the best I ever seen in his position. He has many many skills.

Sounds to me like you overrated Arda. Dunno why you have this feeling he is so good, I dont see anything special. Like I said, I can name MANY players who are better, they are guys playing for Europa league teams who are better. Rafinha has many of the same skills Arda has, and more.

Thiago was better than Arda at 19 most probably Laughing Forget about him.

I have no idea at all how you see football. You talk in such generalities..you would rather have dribbling over pace? Who is talking about signing a player with only pace? Nobody can "make up" for anything in football, either someone does something well or they dont.

They dont need a similar profile to Arda, you stated that Atletico system makes it hard for players without size or certain physical tools..those players dont have them.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:12 pm

Barcelona's managing committee will meet on Monday evening. They could then decide if they will sign the Arda Turan deal or not. [rac1]

Please don't. Sad
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Weird but I remember that "wishlist" by Tata and he too apparently wanted Arda. Remember?

http://www.marca.com/2014/03/18/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1395182483.html

That beard seems to have some strong pull. Laughing

I know Arda since his Euro 2008 days. He was always promising and I think Liverpool was linked to him for many years but ultimately he was said to never have reached his potential. When rumours came out that Atletico wanted him many people thought that was already above his level. Seeing him close to signing for Barca now seems unreal. He's really good at protecting the ball, gives his all (those recent comments though Laughing) and can drive into the box from the wing but to actually play in midfield for Barca he totally lacks vision and creativity and as a forward he doesn't score enough and has no pace. For € 15 - € 20M I'd be fine with this as a Keita-esque depth signing. But the rumoured fee is € 35M + bonuses. Alexis Sanchez money. Like Mathieu he's nailed on to end up on the bench and Barca will continue to play with what's already established (Rakitic-Iniesta).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:01 pm

I have to say though I am slightly concerned that Lucho is mad enough to try and end Iniesta's career as a starter based on age and try to prematurely do a Xavi with him to prove that after transitioning away from Xavi he can do the same with Iniesta. And while I fully believe Iniesta could need some competition and it's not acceptable that he performs against PSG and Juventus but not at the same level in La Liga, Arda is far from the player who should succeed Iniesta. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:44 pm

will we get Denis back from Sevilla?
In any case Rafinha being the only sub for Iniesta/Ralitic makes me feel uncomfortable
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:49 pm

billy_gr wrote:will we get Denis back from Sevilla?
In any case Rafinha being the only sub for Iniesta/Ralitic makes me feel uncomfortable

No, we won't.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:08 pm

Braida (adviser): "My dear friend Marotta has officially rejected the bid for Pogba. It doesn't end here, but now there are first elections"

Braida (transfer adviser): "After the elections, we'll think about other options. Higuain next? No comment, first elections." [sms]

LOL

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:14 pm

LOL half a year chasing Pogba ends up in failure but 'it doesnt end here' Laughing Can't believe Bart still gets so much backing, even though most of socios are elderly that only care about cheap season tickes and what MD says. Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:07 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Nah, dont put words in my mouth. Busquets is elite, one of the best I ever seen in his position. He has many many skills.

Not putting words in your mouth, it was your own logic. Many many skills, are all of them elite? Laughing Busi won't look very elite in Mou's system for example. Players have some prominent skills, and some not so prominent ones. But all of them make the player.
You can't say Arda has 3 very good skills, but overall an ordinary player.

Now I'll tell you who's an ordinary player:

Douglas Pereira dos Santos

Laughing

Sounds to me like you overrated Arda. Dunno why you have this feeling he is so good, I dont see anything special. Like I said, I can name MANY players who are better, they are guys playing for Europa league teams who are better. Rafinha has many of the same skills Arda has, and more.

Sounds to me like you're overrating Rafinha. If Lucho (who's coached him with celta as well) really rated him as much as you all do, he wouldn't be in the market for a MF reinforcement../end

I have no idea at all how you see football. You talk in such generalities..you would rather have dribbling over pace? Who is talking about signing a player with only pace? Nobody can "make up" for anything in football, either someone does something well or they dont.

My reasoning had a context. Different situation/tactics requires different skillset. I didn't say I prefer dribbling over pace as a blanket statement. But since you ask, I do dig players who are skillful dribblers over pacy showboaters.

Since you're the football expert and I'm an amateur, correct me when I say..
A bunker can be broken in 3 ways..
- Move the ball quickly and create an opening
- concede possession, shift the opp. lines and makes runs behind the defence
- Dribble past players

The first two don't work against well-drilled, organized bunkers. When you face them, it's the Isco's and Modrić who make the difference for madrid not Bale or CR7, for Barca, it's Messi and Iniesta, not the brazilian bieber. So excuse me, if I favor the ability to beat a man over making runs behind the defence. The latter which even fat higuain does.  

They dont need a similar profile to Arda, you stated that Atletico system makes it hard for players without size or certain physical tools..those players dont have them.

Obv not every one has to be a physical beast to play for Simeone. But if you're direct/pacy and efficient in front of goals, you can still thrive under him. Saul if I'm not wrong is a defensive minded player first and foremost. Simeone's system don't demand all 3 qualities in one. But it's not an ideal place for skillful players.

@futbol,
I don't really agree about Arda totally lacking vision and creativity. He's comparable to Raki in that sense.

No need to go to extremities you all even if you don't like the signing for whatever reason.

Now I don't consider Arda as a WC player or an ordinary one. But I think he can make more impact in Lucho's Barca over the lesser talented mazinho's son, atleast for the foreseeable. And ofc, he's also pals with messi. THAT potential on-pitch connection.

All that said, I'd take Ilkay over him, Reus over him, hell even the handsome Kevin Trapp over him....but the first two are unattainable for the next season, and the third one is a Gk, and is going to PSG. Sad

This will be my last post on Arda. I'd enough of it. Ffs, my days are ruined. Laughing
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:55 pm

SPORT: Barcelona have blocked Juventus' bid for Gerson.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/noticias/barca/barca-block-the-departure-fluminenses-gerson-juventus-4327090
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:19 pm

Barto pos confirms that Arda Turan will cost Barcelona €35 million.

Looks like the deal will be signed regardless of the pressure from some of the candidates. ffs
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:33 pm

BARTOMEU YoU *bleep* GOD!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Hope you do the Spanish double again next season. :bow:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:41 pm

All depends on the managing comitee. As of now they claim they don't have enough power to sign the deal although everything is already closed, pending just a signature. They want the new president to sign that deal (if not Barto pos then it could get cancelled). Awaiting events....
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:54 pm

À bout de souffle wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Not putting words in your mouth, it was your own logic. Many many skills, are all of them elite? Laughing Busi won't look very elite in Mou's system for example. Players have some prominent skills, and some not so prominent ones. But all of them make the player.
You can't say Arda has 3 very good skills, but overall an ordinary player.

Now I'll tell you who's an ordinary player:

Douglas Pereira dos Santos

Laughing

Sounds to me like you're overrating Rafinha. If Lucho (who's coached him with celta as well) really rated him as much as you all do, he wouldn't be in the market for a MF reinforcement../end

My reasoning had a context. Different situation/tactics requires different skillset. I didn't say I prefer dribbling over pace as a blanket statement. But since you ask, I do dig players who are skillful dribblers over pacy showboaters.

Since you're the football expert and I'm an amateur, correct me when I say..
A bunker can be broken in 3 ways..
- Move the ball quickly and create an opening
- concede possession, shift the opp. lines and makes runs behind the defence
- Dribble past players

The first two don't work against well-drilled, organized bunkers. When you face them, it's the Isco's and Modrić who make the difference for madrid not Bale or CR7, for Barca, it's Messi and Iniesta, not the brazilian bieber. So excuse me, if I favor the ability to beat a man over making runs behind the defence. The latter which even fat higuain does.  

Obv not every one has to be a physical beast to play for Simeone. But if you're direct/pacy and efficient in front of goals, you can still thrive under him. Saul if I'm not wrong is a defensive minded player first and foremost. Simeone's system don't demand all 3 qualities in one. But it's not an ideal place for skillful players.

@futbol,
I don't really agree about Arda totally lacking vision and creativity. He's comparable to Raki in that sense.

No need to go to extremities you all even if you don't like the signing for whatever reason.

Now I don't consider Arda as a WC player or an ordinary one. But I think he can make more impact in Lucho's Barca over the lesser talented mazinho's son, atleast for the foreseeable. And ofc, he's also pals with messi. THAT potential on-pitch connection.

All that said, I'd take Ilkay over him, Reus over him, hell even the handsome Kevin Trapp over him....but the first two are unattainable for the next season, and the third one is a Gk, and is going to PSG. Sad

This will be my last post on Arda. I'd enough of it. Ffs, my days are ruined. Laughing

Nope, you clearly dont understand my logic then. Busquets would be great in any system, Mourinho, anyone, it doesnt matter.

Arda has 3 good skills, not great...and anyway, yes I can say that. Those skills mean nothing, before all these things are a players overall intelligence and speed of thought, he doesnt have it for a Barca level midfield. End of story.

As a forward, I already explained what he lacks.

Douglas is an ordinary player in the grand scheme of things. Arda is an ordinary player if you want to compare him to the players in his position (Neymar and Iniesta).

Who says Enrique is in the market for Arda? Who says? Only you.

Tell me Pogba is leaps ahead of Rafinha, okay, no problem. But Arda is any guy.

And even if he truly was in for Arda, it would mean nothing. We signed slightly above average players before and we will sign them again. Its called a mistake.

Im no football expert, keep the condecending remarks to yourself. Just because I disagree with what I deem strange logic.

Im not getting into long tactical debates about ways to beat parked buses. I can tell you this though, Arda Turan isnt part of any answer.

The fact you speak as you do about who I assume to be Neymar, tells me everything really.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:19 pm

it's getting real tiring with this buscuit can only play in our system shit.
reminds me of the messi needs xavi and iniesta argument lmao
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:06 am

The Franchise wrote:
Nope, you clearly dont understand my logic then. Busquets would be great in any system, Mourinho, anyone, it doesnt matter.

Great players can play in any system. But they won't shine as they normally would/could in every system.
Messi in a counter-attacking system wouldn't look as devastating a player he is if he's deprived of the ball for long stretches. We've already seen it.
Busi wouldn't look as smooth a player he is, if he was asked to do more running, and involve in physical and aerial challenges.
Masch is a great DM. But he's not a great Barca DM, which is why he's being played out of position.

So I stand by my assertion. Great players can play in any team/system, but not every system can bring the best out of them. That distinction must be acknowledged.

Ard if a has 3 good skills, not great...and anyway, yes I can say that. Those skills mean nothing, before all these things are a players overall intelligence and speed of thought, he doesnt have it for a Barca level midfield. End of story.

Its funny you bring up game intelligence/speed of thought, which is what Rafinha lacks the most in his game, and yet you rather have him over Arda. But ok.

Who says Enrique is in the market for Arda? Who says? Only you.

Every possible spanish outlet including our beloved Bartomeu. So not only me. Sorry to disappoint you there.

Tell me Pogba is leaps ahead of Rafinha, okay, no problem. But Arda is any guy.

Arda's the more experienced and polished player. Ergo, more useful to Barca currently. That doesn't translate to being leaps ahead. I didn't say that. Arda @ Rafinha's age was more highly rated. Pogba and Arda are both better players atm in any case.

And even if he truly was in for Arda, it would mean nothing. We signed slightly above average players before and we will sign them again. Its called a mistake.

I remember much disagreement amongst culés when Barca signed Mathieu, Bravo and even Raki (to an extent). But all of them turned out well. Guess the signing that is usually the most opposed has a higher success rate. Its a good omen, this. Very Happy

Im no football expert, keep the condecending remarks to yourself. Just because I disagree with what I deem strange logic.

You're the one who started it, sergeant. Stating"I have no idea at all how you see football...." in a debate to your interlocutor is not exactly respectful, don't you think?
When I visit a football forum, the intention is to share an opinion, but also to learn and enrich my football knowledge. I'm a student of the game. Not once have I ever thought I know more than my  fellow poster even if it may not convey as such in a heated discussion. But if somebody want to  direct condescending tone towards me, I won't take it lying down.
I do consider you as a better football analyst than I'm, whether you want to believe it or not. So while my response was bit of a "come-back", I was still hoping for either a confirmation or correction to my not-so-perfect tactical analysis. Laughing

The fact you speak as you do about who I assume to be Neymar, tells me everything really.

I don't know your overview of Neymar the player, nor do I need to know. I was just presenting examples to my argument. It's how I see Neymar. Don't overthink it.
Neymar's working fine for the time-being. I was explaining in what way/situations Arda could be useful to Barca.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:17 am

A bout de Soufle, what exactly are you trying to argue or defend here? Do you honestly want Turan at your club? I don't get why your arguing
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:41 am

Turan is talented and all but he's just not a player for Barca. Also, how does Messi not shine in a counterattacking team? He thrives when Barca's counterattacking as well and go watch his performance versus thuglombia
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:43 am

Donuts wrote:it's getting real tiring with this buscuit can only play in our system shit.
reminds me of the messi needs xavi and iniesta argument lmao

lol exactly mate. people come up with such bullshit and they actually believe in that shit
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:15 pm

Barcelona have taken an important step towards the signing of Gerson. According to what we know at SPORT, in the recent visit to Rio de Janeiro, Raul Sanllehi and South American secretary Andre Cury closed a deal with the father of the Fluminense player, Marco Antonio Silva. The agreement between the player and Barça is complete. Barça have worked diligently this last week. Firstly, they blocked an offer of 16 million euros plus 20% of any future sale from Juventus for the player.

Oh, yeah, so that's how Bartomeu wants to work on La Masia's resurrection. (:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:18 pm

@À bout de souffle"]

This system crap is so overdone by fans. Its only the fans who think in such terms, not players and not coaches. Football is football, basics are basics. Arda would choose another slightly different way of playing? With less running and more ball possession?

Sure he would....but no system would give him the attributes to be a forward. No matter what system you use, a forward has to make runs behind the defence, make runs into goal scoring positions, finish on goal, have end product, have an aggressive attitude to making goals..Arda has none of it.

Yes, Rafinha is not a perfect player..but he is also 23 or 24 years old and doesnt cost the club 30 something million euros.

You are also wrong about Enrique wanting Arda, go check the other thread. And your ignoring the main point because you dont have an answer for it.

Who cares about Arda at Rafinha's age, look at Arda now. An ordinary player.

Disagreement amongst culés when Barca signed Mathieu, Bravo and even Raki?

I said Rakitic was a good signing and the other 2 were wrong and still are. So what point are you proving here?

Yeah, I dont get how you see football. I think its weird. Doesnt make me an expert, nothing to do with me. Not respectful? Tell me a more respectful way to saw I dont understand your logic and ill say it.

Your analysis is fine, but its incomplete in my opinion. You neglect some possibilities. If you really analyse a game against these "bunker teams" as you call them, you will see alot more possibilities which the players on the day simply missed. Every action is unique.

You seem to say you cant move the ball quickly and find spaces against these teams, or at least its more difficult than dribbling. Well I disagree. I tihnk if you look closely you will see that simply players miss a great chance for a final pass,they make a technical mistake (poorly weighted pass for example) or make a wrong decision (what kind of pass is needed, should you shoot or not, if my team-mate goingto move "there"). There are alot of things which happen, and simply saying "ah, passing through this is impossible" is lazy. Is dribbling the answer? When you arrive in a 1 v 1 in the final third, you should dribble in an aggressive way in my opinion...but when you defend against 10 men it usually isnt the case you arrive in a 1v1 very often to actually rely on it. But sure, you need it as an overall option.

I dont think I am overthinking anything regarding Neymar. Neymar in my opinion (doesnt matter if you want it not really, its relevant) is one of the best players in the world and depending on him, could be that for many years. I have no issue with different opinions, but anyone who hints at the notion he is a negative for any team I very much question what the hell they are thinking.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:12 pm

I'm glad, for once, I'm not the only one who has a wall-of-text battle with Franchise anymore. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:18 pm

I seriously Do NOT want Turan in blaugrana. This temporary board should not be doing moves, the elections are done in 2 weeks, they should wait.

And LOL at Farto thinking Turan is some sort of galactico signing that will convince people he should stay
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:19 pm

So there's reports everywhere that Aleix and Arda would be our only transfer moves this summer. Looks like it could be Gerson as well...

Not liking this guy. Seems like a poor mans Pogba and doesn't look that good even in youtube highlights...
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:20 pm

Someone needs to check if Gerson is another Traffic player.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next