Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

+32
Firenze
Lord Spencer
Casciavit
FennecFox7
El Gunner
danyjr
Winter is Coming
BarcaLearning
Valkyrja
sportsczy
FilthyLuca
Curtinho
breva
S
Lord Awesome
B-Mac
Hapless_Hans
Doc
Kaladin
Gil
Unique
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
M99
futbol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Myesyats
jibers
McAgger
RealGunner
free_cat
farfan
36 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Casciavit Tue May 10, 2022 12:14 pm

Why would Frenkie go to City? Pep is just going to play him as a glorified attacking midfielder the way Xavi is doing right now and people will call him a flop.

It makes way more sense for him to go elsewhere. He needs to play in a team where he'll play behind the ball and be given the freedom to play his game instead of playing in rigid positional systems.

The only way him going to City makes sense is if Pep decides to move to a 4-2-3-1 which I'm getting the feeling he might. City has been playing that shape in the PL recently. Their wingers are tucking narrow with their fullbacks making runs from deep on the overlap. I guess he might see him as a good partner for Rodri in a double pivot.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 10, 2022 12:35 pm

Not believing all these rumours of us willing to swap or sell Frankie, its been going on forever but clearly hes essential to us, unless Xavi is that crazy about La Masia n Busquets or if we can find a good enough replacement which I think all are not true, so Frankie is definitely staying.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:12 pm

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:14 pm

Can Kessie play the FDJ role? Surely you don't want to rely on a 34 year old Busquets to play the whole season.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:37 pm

The FDJ role? You mean the DM role?

Frenkie was never going to be Busquets' successor because he abandons his position and takes too much time on the ball. Not disciplined enough for a pivot. And we're not going to play a double pivot to cover for his butt, he's been tried as a sole DM and wasnt better than grandpa Busquets at all.

No idea if Kessie can do it, probably not at a very high level either. I think Busquets is still really good in the right environment
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:24 am

Don't you think him abandoning his position has got more to the instructions he gets from his coach?

Relying solely on Busquets won't work, he's shown time and time again he doesn't have the physicality to play the modern game. He is world class when you have a team that controls the midfield, but don't tell me you don't remember how many times he was invisible when the other teams countered with pace, being bypassed so easily like he wasn't even there. He never had the legs to compete and he's a year older now.

You don't want to rely on Busquets for an entire season.

Also I don't get your obsession with Silva. He's good but you also have plenty of midfielders who can be equally as important. Pedri, Kessié, Gavi maybe in a year or two. You also have Collado coming, another attacking minded midfielder who has impressed in preseason. You're certainly spoilt for options when it comes to midified, yet you have nobody in RB (Dest is very meh) or LB (Alba on his last legs). Shouldn't you be spending the money on these positions instead?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:38 pm

RBs and LBs are not star signings that's why they're looking at budget options for these positions. Laporta wants to make a statement signing with Bernardo who is definitely an elite player.

Targets for
RB: Azpilicueta
LB: Jose Gaya (last year of contract), Marcos Alonso, Caio Henrique, Mojica, Reguilon

Even in this thread if you look a few pages back folks were claiming Silva the best CM in the world so do you really have to ask why we're obsessed with him?

I can see why Laporta wants to spend 10-15m max on both LB+RB and then go big for Bernardo. He'd be amazing paired up with Pedri

We havent been linked to a single DM this summer. I agree that we need one. Who would you suggest that is available on the market?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:08 am

he's coming home, Proud

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:18 am

Well that's nothing new hmm he's wanted to leave for a couple of years. The million dollar question is, can Barca afford him. Read somewhere yesterday that QSG is interested, i don't know whether that was before or after they got Sanches
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:51 am

QSG cannot compete with this

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:24 pm

Do I have to list the players who have played for other teams than the ones they liked when they were kids? Will take me all day
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:49 pm

Don't burst my bubble please. What sense does a PSG move make for Bernardo other than financial? It'll be just like with Lewa, they'll pursue him but he won't even listen to their offer :coffee:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:22 pm

I think Lewas situation is different. He probably made a commitment early on. QSG and Chelsea came into the picture long after but by then he had already given Laporta his word. Not everyone go back on their word.....

Silva wants to leave but I don't think he'd mind where, though I do think he prefers Spain and its Mediterranean weather and lifestyle.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:36 pm

QSG don't have the same pull as a few years ago. Their CL failures have turned them into a meme. Their squad barely has any stars, nobody wants to play with a past it Neymar and Messi and nobody is going to join cause of Mbappé because you know he's going to leave in 2 seasons regardless.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:41 pm

Is this a farewell message lol

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:48 pm

I know Xavi wants him because of his control, technical security and versatility. He’s obviously a major upgrade on Gavi.

Watching Barca though it seems like they’d benefit from someone with KDB’s style more than Bernardo’s. Their RW is either Raphinha or Dembele and they’re both left footed so their tendency is to cut inside.

There’s a lot of potential for them to play the underlapping patterns with the CM next to them, but that gets wasted with a left footed player in the right half space. Bernardo also isn’t really much of a final pass player and I think they’d benefit from having a bigger chance creator in the middle of the pitch since they’re already so insistent on crossing.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:51 pm

Yesss get him out of the PL. He is a one man army
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:52 pm

I agree but do you have anyone in mind? Players of KDBs qualities seem quite rare
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:38 pm

pray for @farfan

first his favourite player becomes a Pep pinocchio and then he goes to Barca Sad
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:41 pm

Control means nothing if you don't have enough creativity to penetrate. Agreed with @Casciavit re too many left footed players.

I've said it before, you need to strengthen where you're lacking, not just go for big Hollywood signings. Barça's wingbacks are the obvious weak link (in fact they don't have an RB, period). Dest, Roberto, Araújo are bang on average players who wouldn't get into any big team. Alba is old and so is Alonso (if you end up signing him), not to mention Alonso is not La Liga material IMHO. They will hold your team back even if you could sign KDB for that matter.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:11 pm

Dembele is both footed tbh, he cuts inside as much as he goes to his right

He had many assists crossing with his right if youve seen the games he also takes corners with his right foot.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:59 am

Kevin De Bruyne wrote:[Silva] knows, I think he's very loved. The way that I see it, I think that he will be here, so there's nothing that I'm worried about.

Se queda Proud

Source
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:58 am

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:03 pm

I believe the figure is close to 100m Euros not GBP. Which is around €80m.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:57 pm

80m euros +bonuses would be the final fee probably

We will sell De Jong for 80m so that covers it, anyway the fee isnt the problem as much as the salary mass
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:35 am

ehh it was fun while it lasted, Frenkie looks like staying anyway

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next