Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

+32
Firenze
Lord Spencer
Casciavit
FennecFox7
El Gunner
danyjr
Winter is Coming
BarcaLearning
Valkyrja
sportsczy
FilthyLuca
Curtinho
breva
S
Lord Awesome
B-Mac
Hapless_Hans
Doc
Kaladin
Gil
Unique
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
M99
futbol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Myesyats
jibers
McAgger
RealGunner
free_cat
farfan
36 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 8 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by Casciavit Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:15 pm

Moutinho was not a bigger stand out rofl

If you go read the post match reaction again you’ll see that after Mbappe it was players like Bernardo who got the most hype. There’s a reason he was signed for like 50M that very summer.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ? - Page 8 Empty Re: Bernardo Silva : the next Portuguese star ?

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:31 pm

Casciavit wrote:Moutinho was not a bigger stand out rofl

If you go read the post match reaction again you’ll see that after Mbappe it was players like Bernardo who got the most hype. There’s a reason he was signed for like 50M that very summer.
And Atleti bought Lemar for 60+ME doesn't make it worth it.

I am not going to pretend like I watch his every game or watched every Monaco game when they played CL the same wayI didn't watch Ajax when they made their CL semifinal run and sold their whole squad for 50+ME. But I am basingy opinion off the games I do watch, the rumours at the time and his goals/assists stats. He could very well havr been a do everything but score kind of player but you've got to inform me what he really excels at making him stand out amongst his peers enough for Barca to send one of their guys packing just to buy him because I can't
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:02 pm

Bernardo definitely was a star at Monaco already, he played right wing/midfield iirc n he could dribble non stop opposition can never take the ball off him. He was small n attack minded, Pep turned him into a workhorse and much more all rounder I think.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:48 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Moutinho was not a bigger stand out rofl

And Atleti bought Lemar for 60+ME doesn't make it worth it.

I am not going to pretend like I watch his every game or watched every Monaco game when they played CL the same wayI didn't watch Ajax when they made their CL semifinal run and sold their whole squad for 50+ME. But I am basingy opinion off the games I do watch, the rumours at the time and his goals/assists stats. He could very well havr been a do everything but score kind of player but you've got to inform me what he really excels at making him stand out amongst his peers enough for Barca to send one of their guys packing just to buy him because I can't

Simeone tax.

At Monaco, he was playing as a RM in a 4-4-2, so obviously he wasn't going to be producing big numbers. That being said 11G and 12A from those areas isn't bad at all.

He's been playing as a CM at City for the last two seasons. Last season he finished with 13G and 7A. His statistical production given the spaces he occupies isn't bad at all. Also like Farfan said you have to take into context the team he's playing for and the coach he's playing for. Pep limits his players' creative freedom and wants them to just play the patterns they work on in the training ground. Aside from KDB no one really has that creative license to do what they want. Look at what Grealish is going through. Laughing

He's versatile because he can play False 9, RW, LCM and RCM. He has an amazing workrate, ridiculously press resistant, great dribbling/ball control, technically consistent (doesn't misplace passes), good movement in the box, and good decision making. Also unlike Frenkie, he can play in between the lines or behind the ball which is the main reason Xavi wants him. He's absolutely a world class midfielder.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:20 am

Bernardo Silva is an unbelievable player. Anyone who watches city regularly will attest to this. And he’s excellent under pressure and defensively. Honestly he has it all. Who’s saying he’s worse then moutinho? 🤨
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:54 am

lol craziness

the dude was like best player in the world for about a season that season de Bruyne had a down year.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 18, 2023 9:11 am

Just kept shaking my head in awe everytime the ball went to him last night. Was like he was from another planet compared to everyone else on the pitch. As soon as the ball came to his feet, it was as if the game paused and son just stunted. Complete masterclass, especially in the first half, did everything with 100% efficiency.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 18, 2023 11:09 am

What makes him more impressive than anything else, is that he's been exceptional since the start of their season. I don't understand where he gets his energy from, it seems limitless sometimes.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8