Casciavit
Mr Nick09
BarrileteCosmico
titosantill
guest_07
43 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Otamendi takes his talent to Man City - Page 7 Empty Re: Otamendi takes his talent to Man City

Post by windkick Thu 01 Oct 2015, 00:14

I support Barca not La Liga and I'm Mexican, I'm not here to support Argentine Ota-fckn-Mendi. More so calling people out on the usual knee jerk and quick to judge. Dude has 1 start for City in a new team team/league. Wouldn't be shocked if he goes on a tear and we see another thread pop up (the Otamendi is a god and you didn't realize it thread)

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Otamendi takes his talent to Man City - Page 7 Empty Re: Otamendi takes his talent to Man City

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 01 Oct 2015, 00:20

I have seen him about say 8 times now and he's been crap every time and i haven't even seen any outstanding qualities which could be something he uses when he adapts.

At least with Mangala he had natural gifts you could see and he actually was considered good at one point, with Otamendi he had one season under an extremely well drilled coaching team and he wasn't considered anything special before that.

He's crap tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 01 Oct 2015, 00:22

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Come off it Laughing

He was getting wrecked constantly 1 v 1 Laughing and had the turning circle of a truck.

Nice to see LOL Liga fans are coming out of the wood work to support their boy when he's been shown to be a fraud though.
I assume you're talking about the 2015 CA and not the 2010 WC where he played as a RB, right? We only conceded 3 goals the entire tournament and I wouldn't say any of them were his particular fault. City's problems are structural, there is no grit in the midfield to protect the defense. Mangala becomes highly rated, goes to City, is 'shit'. Otamendi same thing. When one of your CMs is lazy Yaya you simply don't have that much structure or cover.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu 01 Oct 2015, 00:22

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's crap, he looked crap for Argentina and he's looked crap ever since he joined City as well.

Mangala >>>>>>

Mangala has all the physical tools to become a great CB.

he just needs a brain transplant.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 01 Oct 2015, 00:28

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Come off it Laughing

He was getting wrecked constantly 1 v 1 Laughing and had the turning circle of a truck.

Nice to see LOL Liga fans are coming out of the wood work to support their boy when he's been shown to be a fraud though.
I assume you're talking about the 2015 CA and not the 2010 WC where he played as a RB, right? We only conceded 3 goals the entire tournament and I wouldn't say any of them were his particular fault. City's problems are structural, there is no grit in the midfield to protect the defense. Mangala becomes highly rated, goes to City, is 'shit'. Otamendi same thing. When one of your CMs is lazy Yaya you simply don't have that much structure or cover.

Mangala in the team has led to City conceding like 1 in his last 12 games Laughing

Also because you didn't concede many don't mean he wasn't ass, i consistently saw him getting rinced one on one  and allowing the opposition tonnes of space because he turns like a truck.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu 01 Oct 2015, 00:50

uh oh BC called Yaya lazy

inb4 dmad post on how Yaya is not lazy
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 01 Oct 2015, 00:58

From what I have seen of Otamendi in the last year for Valencia, he was outstanding. Against Barça/Real and Atletico too.

I would suggest giving him some time. I believe Mangala was also called a massive flop last year and now he's praised for his performances and because of Otamendi's experience I doubt it'll take a whole year either.

That said he'll have a hard time to break the Kompany-Mangala duo right now.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu 01 Oct 2015, 01:00

farfan wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's crap, he looked crap for Argentina and he's looked crap ever since he joined City as well.

Mangala >>>>>>

Mangala has all the physical tools to become a great CB.

he just needs a brain transplant.

it looks like as when Inter fans hyped Juan Jesus he just needs of brain .... now he plays as FB to limit his mistakes Proud
brain is definitely the most important thing for a defender imo
it's a bit as saying a CF can't kick
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 01 Oct 2015, 04:03

Windkick and BC completely right here.

classic Knee Jerk Legacy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu 01 Oct 2015, 19:09

I don't think the issue is with Otamendi I think it's systemic with City. I think that a large part of how good defenders look is systemic though, most of the time.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 01 Oct 2015, 19:34

CBarca wrote:Windkick and BC completely right here.

classic Knee Jerk Legacy

Knee Jerk legacy, when i have seen him close to 10 times?

Seems legit, that's without mentioning the amount of times i saw him before he joined Valencia where he never looked very impressive.

Because you have a different opinion doesn't mean i'm knee jerking at all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 02 Oct 2015, 00:30

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
CBarca wrote:Windkick and BC completely right here.

classic Knee Jerk Legacy

Knee Jerk legacy, when i have seen him close to 10 times?

Seems legit, that's without mentioning the amount of times i saw him before he joined Valencia where he never looked very impressive.

Because you have a different opinion doesn't mean i'm knee jerking at all.

It's Knee Jerk Legacy because nobody is giving any credence to the necessary environmental and/or other factors that may be influencing his current performance at this given time. Let me put it this way, we've all seen Di Maria plenty of times before, and when he went to Man U and played very averagely (I wouldn't myself have called him crap or anything) then did people call out Di Maria? If any did, they were certainly knee jerking.

Now Di Maria is playing well again at PSG.

We must give credence to the factors at play that may be affecting a players performance. It's been like what, one month since he's been in England?

Give the dude a break lmao. If he plays this way for the whole season I'll congratulate you, and if he continues to play like it next season even more props, but as of right now it's knee jerking. It is categorically knee jerking at this point. I honestly don't care how many times you've seen a player before.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 02 Oct 2015, 14:50

I dont think its knee jerk, I think it when people have already made up their mind on someone and excuses they would give to others arent applicable now.

I saw Otemendi as much as anyone at Porto, he was never a bad defender. He made mistakes, mostly with the ball and thats the criticism he got, the individual concentrational errors...but his actual defending was good.

BC says he wasnt bad for Argentina, I tend to believe him.

At Valencia he was good, no question.

Now he is having some difficulties in Man City, after 10 games or what?

Nobody seriously calls Martial the best 9 in the world after his few games...so it makes just as little sense to call someone else "the worst" after so little too.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 02 Oct 2015, 15:37

Di Maria comparison is bad because he performed elsewhere before his bad stint at Man Yoo and I have always defended him.

Otamendi wasn't even considered good before Valencia and suddenly he looks crap again. Also you can't don't care how many times I have seen him? Way to dig your head in the sand lmao, surely it's not knee jerk if I have seen him more than a dozen times in various different situations.

Shouldn't be surprised considering you think Coutinho can play for Barca. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 03 Oct 2015, 00:42

The Franchise wrote:I dont think its knee jerk, I think it when people have already made up their mind on someone and excuses they would give to others arent applicable now.

I saw Otemendi as much as anyone at Porto, he was never a bad defender. He made mistakes, mostly with the ball and thats the criticism he got, the individual concentrational errors...but his actual defending was good.

BC says he wasnt bad for Argentina, I tend to believe him.

At Valencia he was good, no question.

Now he is having some difficulties in Man City, after 10 games or what?

Nobody seriously calls Martial the best 9 in the world after his few games...so it makes just as little sense to call someone else "the worst" after so little too.

You say this but you start off your post saying you don't think it's knee jerk...I don't really understand. Are you not agreeing with me here?

My point is simply that it's insane to be judging him as a player right now after such little time adapting to a new country and league. It's the same thing if Otamendi came in and hit the ground running, it would be too soon to say he's the best defender in the EPL if that happened. It's knee jerking all the same. Otamendi continues to look crap well into February yeah by that point I think it's fair but after being here for like a month? I looked it up...he's played for City 4 times this year.

Dude gets 4 games, it's too early to call him a success or flop or anywhere in between. I remember Modric being called a flop for how long for Madrid and he's been fantastic since then. That's really my point here.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 31 Oct 2015, 19:35

"My goodness what a good header"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 31 Oct 2015, 19:38

great leap and placement
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 02 Nov 2015, 11:34

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

"My goodness what a good header"

And thanks to this sensational header (and bad marking) De Bruyne gets an assist in another bad game from him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon 02 Nov 2015, 12:40

free_cat wrote:

And thanks to this sensational header (and bad marking) De Bruyne gets an assist in another bad game from him.

So you watched Man City vs Norwich on Saturday? Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 02 Nov 2015, 12:49

Hapless_Hans wrote:
free_cat wrote:

So you watched Man City vs Norwich on Saturday? Laughing

Did you and think de Bruyne played well?

He is one of those players who lives of his inflated assist stats by taking every corner and set-piece to cross there is. Nothing special.

This time he at least dribled one player (who was already sold) though he then proceeded to shot 5 meters off target.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon 02 Nov 2015, 13:04

I didn't, no. That's why I have no idea whether De Bruyne had a good or bad game.
I wasn't making a judgement though, you were, that's why I asked you Laughing

Very strange, this irrational anti-De Bruyne stance, tbh. The convergence between Mouriinho and Barca fans is becoming scarier by the minute.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 02 Nov 2015, 13:07

Hapless_Hans wrote:I didn't, no. That's why I have no idea whether De Bruyne had a good or bad game.

Very strange, this irrational anti-De Bruyne stance, tbh. The convergence between Mouriinho and Barca fans is becoming scarier by the minute.

Lol, I'm not converging with Mourinho in anything. What a dumb statement. I just watch De Bruyne and I'm shocked by how poor his compared to his price tag. That's all.

I didn't watch the game, I watched extended highlights as I do to many matches.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon 02 Nov 2015, 13:17

free_cat wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I didn't, no. That's why I have no idea whether De Bruyne had a good or bad game.

Lol, I'm not converging with Mourinho in anything. What a dumb statement. I just watch De Bruyne and I'm shocked by how poor his compared to his price tag. That's all.

I didn't watch the game, I watched extended highlights as I do to many matches.

Yeah well and I call bullshit on that. You don't 'watch De Bruyne', you watched a couple of games and 'extended highlights'.
Pretty sure you didn't watch last season's Wolfsburg either. But you maybe could catch up with a few extended highlights? hmm

So in short, you have no clue what you're talking about, because for everyone who followed de Bruyne's last season in BuLi it's no surprise whatsoever he'd command a high transfer fee with top clubs being after him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 02 Nov 2015, 13:26

I never claimed to have watched De Bruyne in Wolfsburg. This doesn't mean I haven't been watching him this season and been unimpressed.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Nov 2015, 15:12

I kind of see what free cat is saying, we have been used to seeing the very best of players move clubs for that kind of sum. Players like zidane, CR, etc.. Players who are at the far end of the spectrum quality. Not just in how effective they are but also in terms of technique and sheer abilities, they have an extreme level.

De Bruyne isnt some kind of technical demigod paired with ruthless effectiveness. He is effextive alright, he will makw key plays, assist, score. But i doubt he will often put us on our asses with his technique or play style.

So its a waste of time watching highlights and few games hoping to be wower.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 02 Nov 2015, 17:23

Mr Nick09 wrote:I kind of see what free cat is saying, we have been used to seeing the very best of players move clubs for that kind of sum. Players like zidane, CR, etc.. Players who are at the far end of the spectrum quality. Not just in how effective they are but also in terms of technique and sheer abilities, they have an extreme level.

De Bruyne isnt some kind of technical demigod paired with ruthless effectiveness. He is effextive alright, he will makw key plays, assist, score. But i doubt he will often put us on our asses with his technique or play style.

So its a waste of time watching highlights and few games hoping to be wower.

Maybe he is not a technical demigod as you would describe it but he is certainly ruthlessly efficient. As proven in both club and NT level. CL or league. Big game or small, de Bruyne seems to deliver.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next