Casciavit
Mr Nick09
BarrileteCosmico
titosantill
guest_07
43 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Otamendi takes his talent to Man City - Page 8 Empty Re: Otamendi takes his talent to Man City

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I kind of see what free cat is saying, we have been used to seeing the very best of players move clubs for that kind of sum. Players like zidane, CR, etc.. Players who are at the far end of the spectrum quality. Not just in how effective they are but also in terms of technique and sheer abilities, they have an extreme level.

De Bruyne isnt some kind of technical demigod paired with ruthless effectiveness. He is effextive alright, he will makw key plays, assist, score. But i doubt he will often put us on our asses with his technique or play style.

So its a waste of time watching highlights and few games hoping to be wower.

Maybe he is not a technical demigod as you would describe it but he is certainly ruthlessly efficient. As proven in both club and NT level. CL or league. Big game or small, de Bruyne seems to deliver.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Otamendi takes his talent to Man City - Page 8 Empty Re: Otamendi takes his talent to Man City

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Yes he is effective, not arguing against that he just isn't flashy by his style nor is he s supremely skillful playing. He doesnt look like 80 mil walking around the pitch. But he ia a good player obviously
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:43 pm

Nobody on here thinks, has thought, or ever will think that De Bruyne is a player that is in the level of CR, Zidane etc who commands a fee like 80 million. I'm sure everyone is in agreement that 80 million is very steep for the lad and it's overpaying (inb4 "his pricetag is whatever the club determines it to be" crowd). So it's unfair to compare the kid to those guys, he had no control over his pricetag.

It's a complete fallacy. Kid gets bought for 80 million, if he walks into a team and doesn't immediately reveal himself to be Zidane in disguise, he gets haters like Free Cat and quite frankly it's ridiculous. I feel bad for the kid.

If you guys have watched any of Man City's games in full, you would see that he's been quite good since coming. He hasn't been "set the league alight" good, but he's done quite well for himself. This is right off the bat too, he could still be adapting. If you look at his stats, they show he's done well too.

I'll do the usual and wait until the end of the season to judge him as a Man City player, but Free's obsession with trying to disprove De Bruyne against all of his (nonexistent) fanboys is hilarious to me. As well as anyone else who is immediately knee jerking and judging De Bruyne off the two extended highlights videos they've seen of him. Someone posts a video of a goal scored by Otamendi off a De Bruyne corner and somehow out of that a post slamming De Bruyne is constructed rofl

Also, I don't see what "looking like 80 mil walking around the pitch" even means.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:47 pm

Absolutely shocking. Awful defender
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:05 pm

As I said before, what do you expect from a defender who had his breakthrough season at 27 ? He had never done anything of note before his 1-season stint at Valencia. In fact, he has been awful anywhere else he played. Some people actually believed that he would be a worthy Ramos replacement Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:27 pm

He's become my favorite defender :bow:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:01 pm

He was fantastic today and when i admit that you know he was. Laughing

Stand by what i was saying before though, he was crap in PL and for Argentina multiple times. :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:02 pm

He's gotten better after being beat up by Rondón a few times at NT level Proud
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:00 pm

Now that he is the best CB in the Premier league, i ask for apologies

come her doc
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:04 pm

just because he scores a few goals doesn't make him the best CB in the league

Argentine Ramos

He's improved but still, it's more so that City as a cohesive unit have, Delph isn't the best LB in the league after all
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:12 pm

he kicked Kane in the face and shut him off all game ffs, what a man
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:15 pm

Best CB in the league Laughing this forum rofl

He is not even 1/4 of the CB that Toby is
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:49 am

Meh he's performing well but every City player is, stand by what I said tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:45 pm

nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:39 pm

Really happy with him this season, has been our best CB for a while thats for sure. With Kompany always in and out, etc., hes really been reliable mostly, keeps improving.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8