Casciavit
Mr Nick09
BarrileteCosmico
titosantill
guest_07
43 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Otamendi takes his talent to Man City - Page 2 Empty Re: Otamendi takes his talent to Man City

Post by B-Mac Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:50 pm

can't wait to see him in the red of Manchester next season :coffee:

Albiceleste United :bow: Proud

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Otamendi takes his talent to Man City - Page 2 Empty Re: Otamendi takes his talent to Man City

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:52 pm

Dem red seats on the bench next to all the other Man Yoo argentines :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Who the *bleep* is Casco Laughing

https://i.imgur.com/AeY1P9O.png
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:56 pm

Strong Pace to Pass ratio brah.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:00 pm

89 pace 66 passing. hmm

Factor in the pace buff, and the > 70 dribbling and you're looking at revised stats that look more like

89 pace, 95 passing.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Dem red seats on the bench next to all the other Man Yoo argentines :bow:

Laughing as if he can't displace Phil Jones

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:04 pm

'Jones is going to be a phenomenal player,' said Ferguson.
'He has a fantastic influence, no matter where he plays.
'He has an instinct for the game and a drive about him.
'I have no idea where his best position is. He could play anywhere on the pitch. But he will be one of the best players we have ever had.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2313536/Phil-Jones-Old-Trafford-great--Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html#ixzz3caqaHNGZ

Sounds like a tough task tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:09 pm

B-Mac wrote:can't wait to see him in the red of Manchester next season :coffee:

Albiceleste United :bow: Proud

Well then... I hope he stays in Valencia. That'd be a massive blow for them
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
'Jones is going to be a phenomenal player,' said Ferguson.
'He has a fantastic influence, no matter where he plays.
'He has an instinct for the game and a drive about him.
'I have no idea where his best position is. He could play anywhere on the pitch. But he will be one of the best players we have ever had.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2313536/Phil-Jones-Old-Trafford-great--Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html#ixzz3caqaHNGZ

Sounds like a tough task tbh.

dat grit. dat determination Molenation

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Maradona played him at fullback tbf, also I'm loath to rate someone on the back of a good season especially for a team not playing in the CL.

Because all the major leagues suck major ass and CL is the only relevant competition.

Do you rate any defender? Who's the best CB in your opinion?
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:Well, Casco---Otamendi----Garay---Zabaleta is a great back 4

more like Rojo-Otamendi-Garay-Zabaleta
That's a great defence, looks weird when just a year ago Argentina had awfuly average defence.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:13 pm

A year ago Argentina had the same defence minus Otamendi. A defence which sent them to the final so very very far from average.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:13 pm

so is thiago silva not the bestest defender ever anymore. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:27 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:He has turned into some kind of beastly defender, two years ago i didnt see him this good with Porto. Easily the best in form defender in la LIGA imo.

And i struggle to think of another CB that is as brutish in his duel s yet clean at the same time, fast on distance and good in the air too. He played both Madrid and barca and hardly broke a sweat dominating his duels

He was never this good for Porto, you 100% correct. He was always a good defender who made alot of mistakes with the ball, or lost concentration and allowed someone in. He was always a good defender no question, but he has reached a level I never expected.

I dont think another defender took the ball more often in 1 v 1's with Messi this season, or maybe any other. Consistently won the ball.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:31 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:A year ago Argentina had the same defence minus Otamendi. A defence which sent them to the final so very very far from average.
Also playing with a hyper defensive 4-5-1 system, which undoubtedly helped. Now we play with Martino with an attacking 433 with a high line and no grit in the midfield.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:22 pm

Maybe he's top shit, but still shit, as all CBs.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:He has turned into some kind of beastly defender, two years ago i didnt see him this good with Porto. Easily the best in form defender in la LIGA imo.

And i struggle to think of another CB that is as brutish in his duel s yet clean at the same time, fast on distance and good in the air too. He played both Madrid and barca and hardly broke a sweat dominating his duels

He was never this good for Porto, you 100% correct. He was always a good defender who made alot of mistakes with the ball, or lost concentration and allowed someone in. He was always a good defender no question, but he has reached a level I never expected.

I dont think another defender took the ball more often in 1 v 1's with Messi this season, or maybe any other. Consistently won the ball.

Agreed. i was also surprised at that time and could not believe that Argentina had this beast in the rank....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:26 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:A year ago Argentina had the same defence minus Otamendi. A defence which sent them to the final so very very far from average.

Nah I meant before the world cup, it was claimed as their weak link and all of a sudden Rojo flourished and Garay became a rock. Add Otamendi to that defence and Zabaleta already being there and I can't name many better defences in the NT competition.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Also playing with a hyper defensive 4-5-1 system, which undoubtedly helped. Now we play with Martino with an attacking 433 with a high line and no grit in the midfield.
This too, the system they were playing in with Mascherano and Biglia/Perez/Gago shielding them helped that defence a lot.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:39 am

Rojo flourished in the worldcup but tell me what happened after that. i thought he is back to the average level. Also its a bit of exaggerassion to say that there is no better NT defense right now...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:56 am

In terms of the job of a stopper (no other traits involved) I would have to argue the case for John Terry.

He hasn't got the legs to run, but he'd rather bite his own foot off than let a shot hit the target. Gary Cahill is the same, the amount of last ditch blocks these two make :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:11 pm

Has to be amongst the best compilations ever made of a defender. I just became a Ota fangirl. Razz

He would do well in the EPL, but I'm skeptical about destination ManU given their awful record with ARG players. Besides, next thing you know van haal would be benching him for some dud to keep the pass percentage high. No
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:15 pm

I support the beard.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 pm

banana
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I support the beard.
He will shave it if we win the CA
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:33 am

Argentina's new Samuel maybe. hmm
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:50 am

So did he live up to his season's form on international duty? Didn't catch most of the games.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next