RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
84 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 29 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by iftikhar Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:34 pm

Being able to offload Sanchez (2022) would be like winning the quadruple. Selling Young (2020) would be like winning the league.

You are in some shit, aren't you.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 29 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Glory Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:53 pm

There's no point in selling players if the players we are targeting are the likes of Bale and Maguire tbh. Unless a proper structure is introduced (starting with a good DoF), I honestly think there's no hope for this football club. We are not returning to the top until Woodward is sent packing to only deal with our next noodle partner.
I am sure the guy will waste this summer chasing Real Madrid rejects ala Bale, Kroos and Varane (Woody's wet dream, sigh) while our rivals keep on strengthening with young exciting players.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:00 pm

Bale is certainly a reject and you're better off without him, but you would be lucky to get Kroos and Varane. I certainly don't want them to be sold, but if the club is stupid enough to let them go, you should do everything in your power to get them.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:07 pm

You know, i actually liked United once upon a time, i always considered them our English counterparts. But flipping over channels last night, seeing the score line go 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, that is pretty sad. Even in our worst CL outing we had the dignity to beat them at our home ground.

The sad thing is, they were proper undressed, home and away. And these closet United fans coming out of the woodwork because they think Solskjaer is a great manager. I've seen this tale told time and time again, his man management won't carry this team beyond an ok season. As long as Paul PepeGa is at United.

Have to say though, United was absolutely dismantled by Messi, like whew lad, i'd hide if i were a United fan (and it seems that some have)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:50 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Bale is certainly a reject and you're better off without him, but you would be lucky to get Kroos and Varane. I certainly don't want them to be sold, but if the club is stupid enough to let them go, you should do everything in your power to get them.

Yea thing is I have read Kroos is somewhat useless these days. Eventhough I said rejects, I was roughly referring to the term galacticos. Big name players this idiot would buy first and only then think about how and where to fit them. Like Sanchez, like di maria, like almost every transfer we have been doing these past few years.
Re: Varane, I didnt mean he was a reject at all, its more like a signing Woodward will chase whole summer and then end up panic buying Maguire.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:06 pm

Kaladin wrote:You know, i actually liked United once upon a time, i always considered them our English counterparts. But flipping over channels last night, seeing the score line go 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, that is pretty sad. Even in our worst CL outing we had the dignity to beat them at our home ground.

The sad thing is, they were proper undressed, home and away. And these closet United fans coming out of the woodwork because they think Solskjaer is  a great manager. I've seen this tale told time and time again, his man management won't carry this team beyond an ok season. As long as Paul PepeGa is at United.

Have to say though, United was absolutely dismantled by Messi, like whew lad, i'd hide if i were a United fan (and it seems that some have)

Well, what can a team like us with so little quality do if your players decide to gift 2 goals in a span of 5 minutes before the game even reaches the 20th minute. We started brightly, Solskjaer's plan was working, and then shit happened in the form of Ashly Dung and deGea. For a team like us to beat a team like Barca these days, things have to go perfect as er the plan. Anyway, the moment they were 2 nil up just like that, all his tactics got thrown out of the window and the players panicked, lost their shape, composure and started chasing the game cluelessly. Spaces opened up and Barca and Messi 'dismantled' us.

Ole as you said will probably fail but still wont deliberately try to poison the club like the pos before. He will give everything for the club and if he manages to at least lay a foundation, then it will be good I guess.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:10 pm

IDK if Kaladin's being serious or not but the first leg we could have tied it up and gone into this game (and almost certainly still lost, because the players looked not even close to Barca this time around) in a better position. They didn't thoroughly outplay us in the first game, not even close. Not saying we were good, because we weren't. But they didn't look a level above us then.

Return leg was a disaster. I agree with you regarding the transfers Glory, that's what I see happening too. We're supposed to be getting a DOF, at least those were the rumours but haven't heard anything in a while. Transfer policy needs a massive overhaul.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:29 pm

The hope with Rashford is the frequency he gets into good scoring positions. Forwards like that tend to find their scoring touch later in their career, and in general every great striker is one who actually misses as many chances as they bury. Rashford's erratic finishing is a problem now, but it's a much bigger problem because he's under pressure to be the main scorer thanks to United's other strikers not being up to it. And at the very least, Rashford has other qualities he can offer in a two-man front line (which Solskjaer seems to prefer).

United are due for some overhauling, but the same can be said of Arsenal and Chelsea, too. The three clubs who have made questionable transfer in the last two-three years (or haven't signed enough players, in some cases) are now feeling the effects of ageing squads that don't have the quality in depth. They've each got a handful of top players, but also have some average players in their starting line-ups and rubbish ones on their bench. The result is that you can't rely on any of them.

Yet for all three of them, it'd be unreasonable to expect total reconstruction in a short space of time. Hence United fans should be prepared to only see three or four players arrive in the summer and some of their weaker players to survive.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:36 pm

Kaladin wrote:And these closet armchair experts coming out of the woodwork because they think they know shit. I've seen this tale told time and time again.

Fixed it for you Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:14 pm

Massive games remaining for United this season who needs to show if they are capable of finishing in top 4. On Sunday, we meet Everton, gonna be tougher than I expected a few weeks ago when things were going our way.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Man U have got so many top players though, probably imbalanced, and for whatever reason or just matter of time because some additions and adjustments should improve things. Its not like they need a complete overhaul. U got Rashford, Lukaku, Martial, Sanchez, Mata, Pogba, Fred(unsure about him, but he had a top game in the first leg), Mctominay, Matic, Herrera (who is leaving though I read since they failed to renew him?), DDG, Smalling, a bunch of defenders which many of them were very good for their previous clubs b4 they join Man U, and some I cant think of right now, so many good players, so its not like they havent got quality right?

Easier said than done, but if they can get a couple of top player in the positions needed to be improved, and then Soskjear to get the mix right over the summer, that should go a long way.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 pm

Oli has lost 5 of his last 7 games.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:51 pm

Is Ole going to be sacked if he doesnt make the Champions League?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:55 pm

Heard United are paying him 7M a year Laughing

Only United can offer such exorbitant salaries for unproven numpties

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:56 pm

this is worst than mourinho ffs. Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:59 pm

No

I think it was 100% a mistake to announce Ole as perm manager when they did, but I do think he should be given some transfer windows and backing in them before he's written off
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:05 pm

The first thing he said when he took charge of Man United as an interim coach was «this team should never be out-worked». That seemed to work pretty well for him, at the start, but they’re getting out-worked by absolutely everyone, nowadays. The higher intensity training may have taken it’s toll on the players, but certain individuals just look indifferent.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:16 pm

Just seen the scoreline.

Massive YIKES
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:43 pm

The popular opinion that our form went down with Ole’s perm appointment is incorrect. I mean there was yet another big factor in play. Ole was appointed during the international break. We lost 2 games before that, Arsenal away (one where we played well and still lost) and Wolves FA cup (player fatigue).

Yet another key thing happened during that int break. Pogba! Him and his fat dikhead agent started whoring themselves out again to Madrid. Our good run was down to Pogba. Everything goes through him. His head turning meant form of everyone in front of him went down the drain as well. Rashford, Lukaku, Martial. Ole has no prior experience, on how to deal with situations like that. He hasn’t dealt with massive egos and cnut agents. It was smooth sailing till then. Its sad state of affairs the dabbing fool has got such a big influence in the dressing room. And its Ole’s fault for bowing down that much after the Jose-Pogba episode (again it could be our incompetent board directing Ole to pamper Pogba).

Meanwhile the Spanish amigos, DDG, Herrera ad Mata have been having their own contract issues. Ddg and Herrera are two massively important players. It was Ander who was the catalyst for our good run under Ole. The manner in which the club treated him, meant we lost yet another cog too.

So yea in short, is it’s that French fks decision, at a crucial juncture of the season, in the middle of our top 4 fight, to go and profess his love for Zidane and Madrid the starting point for our downfall.

Ole ofc lacks experience and he has lot to prove improve as a manager. But I do believe he can turn it around and do well if backed properly. At least he can lay the foundation for a more experienced manager to take over.

So, yea I personally would accept a 100m + deal for Pogba and never ever do business with the arsehole called Riola. He is a top player but an immature self-obsessed cnut. He will do well in a good team, in a setup that works well. But can never be used to build a team around. Where as DDG is concerend, he is already mentally gone it seems. Just put him out of his misery and start looking at a fresh option. Sell all those players who don’t want to be at the club.

But knowing how things are. I expect once again this Ed fkward to not release funds to improve the team like last season and sack Ole by December.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:14 pm

Just wait till you get Bale and HIS fat agent. They'll be a bigger nightmare than Pogba imo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Lol RIP Liverpool, no way this joke of a club can stop city on wednesday unfortunately.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:23 pm

You don’t need 5 paragraphs to say the honeymoon period is over

I called it as soon as he was appointed
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:42 pm

You're so insightful, Kaladin. Should've listened to you, from the start omg.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:52 pm

Glory wrote:The popular opinion that our form went down with Ole’s perm appointment is incorrect. I mean there was yet another big factor in play. Ole was appointed during the international break. We lost 2 games before that, Arsenal away (one where we played well and still lost) and Wolves FA cup (player fatigue).

Yet another key thing happened during that int break. Pogba! Him and his fat dikhead agent started whoring themselves out again to Madrid. Our good run was down to Pogba. Everything goes through him. His head turning meant form of everyone in front of him went down the drain as well. Rashford, Lukaku, Martial. Ole has no prior experience, on how to deal with situations like that. He hasn’t dealt with massive egos and cnut agents. It was smooth sailing till then. Its sad state of affairs the dabbing fool has got such a big influence in the dressing room. And its Ole’s fault for bowing down that much after the Jose-Pogba episode (again it could be our incompetent board directing Ole to pamper Pogba).

Meanwhile the Spanish amigos, DDG, Herrera ad Mata have been having their own contract issues. Ddg and Herrera are two massively important players. It was Ander who was the catalyst for our good run under Ole. The manner in which the club treated him, meant we lost yet another cog too.

So yea in short, is it’s that French fks decision, at a crucial juncture of the season, in the middle of our top 4 fight, to go and profess his love for Zidane and Madrid the starting point for our downfall.

Ole ofc lacks experience and he has lot to prove improve as a manager. But I do believe he can turn it around and do well if backed properly. At least he can lay the foundation for a more experienced manager to take over.

So, yea I personally would accept a 100m + deal for Pogba and never ever do business with the arsehole called Riola. He is a top player but an immature self-obsessed cnut. He will do well in a good team, in a setup that works well. But can never be used to build a team around. Where as DDG is concerend, he is already mentally gone it seems. Just put him out of his misery and start looking at a fresh option. Sell all those players who don’t want to be at the club.

But knowing how things are. I expect once again this Ed fkward to not release funds to improve the team like last season and sack Ole by December.
good post and i agree with all of that. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:06 pm

when you look at the last 2-3 years and how things have gone you have to put most of the blame on the players. jose got 2nd place in the lge won a euro cup and a domestic cup then it went down hill fast. jose was sacked and oli came in and for the first 10-15 games he won more points than city and liverpool and now the team has nose dived again. it looked to me like the players gave up the effort under jose and now it looks like they have given up the effort for oli. we all know man u need to sign quality players but these players have shown they are more than capable of getting results when they give 100% effort. we all know the manager is always the fall guy but i think the effort the man u players are putting in now is not worthy of the shirt let alone the wages they get. my opinion is you cant do anything if a guy has more talent than you but you can match him for effort and these players are not showing that effort.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:24 pm

also when jose questioned the effort of some of the players and fell out with them we all assumed it was jose being jose and deflecting the blame. but now we see oli ( who is liked by the players ) also talking about the attitude of the players. yes jose is a twat but maybe he was right with some of the things he said.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next