Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
M99
LeVersacci
RealGunner
28 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Alona Tal & Abbey Lee Being Eyed for Black Canary?

Plans for the DC Cinematic Universe at Warner Bros are heating up as the studio turns its attention to new projects and characters to add after "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" kicks off the next five years of interconnected superhero films.

After releasing the first still and cast for Wonder Woman this week, it looks like Warners is ready to expand their roster of female heroes beyond Gal Godot's Diana. It looks like the way they plan to do that is to bring the Black Canary to the screen and use the character as a launching point for a female-centric team-up movie later on.

The Black Canary is a secret identity taken on by two people, according to post-Crisis continuity Dinah Drake and her daughter Dinah Laurel Lance. The latter has the super powered "Canary Cry," a sonic attack and both were really good at hand to hand combat.

Right now, Black Canary is being eyed to make her debut in "Justice League Part 1" or "Justice League Part 2," both to be directed by Zack Snyder for release in 2017 and 2019, respectively. That means casting is heating up for the role.

The character is blonde in the comic books, so it fits that the current frontrunners for the role are blondes Abbey Lee (Mad Max: Fury Road) and Alona Tal (Burn Notice, Supernatural)

Since Warner Bros likes movies with teams of super heroes, the Black Canary plans don't end with her appearance in Justice League. If the character and actress perform to expectation, Black Canary will also be involved with an in-development Birds of Prey movie.

The Birds of Prey are a female DC superhero team that originated with Black Canary and Barbra Gordon, the part that Jena Malone is probably playing in "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice."

http://www.latino-review.com/news/hot-rumor-alona-tal-abbey-lee-being-eyed-for-black-canary

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:29 pm

El Gunner wrote:So some 7 months later Laughing I just watched Age of Ultron and it was nothing much but very enjoyable. The good thing about having so many class actors in one movie is that you know your attention will never be diverted from the screen.

Enjoyed it more than the first one, but that's because somehow unlike most people I just wasn't much of a fan of it.

Now onto Ant-Man Cool

Just about a 4/5 as well
Reminded me a lot of Spider-Man for some reason. Maybe the humour and the plot.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:31 pm

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/1557/15576725/2969496-wonderwoman.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:16 am

Despite Fox's initial insistence that the Fantastic Four sequel was moving forward despite the box office failure of the first film, Fox has now officially removed the Fantastic Four sequel from their release schedule.

Fantastic Four 2 was originally scheduled for a June 9, 2017 release date, even before the first film hit theaters. With virtually all superhero movies performing well at the box office recently, Fox probably felt confident at the time that Fantastic Four would follow suit. However, Fantastic Four wound up being the rare superhero movie flop. Fantastic Four only grossed $56 million domestically and $167 million worldwide on a production budget of $120 million.

It's unclear if Fox removing Fantastic Four 2 from their schedule means the film is indefinitely canceled or if it will be rescheduled for a later date to allow more time for Fox to plan a strategy for what comes next.
http://comicbook.com/2015/11/24/fantastic-four-sequel-removed-from-foxs-release-schedule/
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:01 am

Mads Mikkelsen confirmed casting on Doctor Strange.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:27 am

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 7 12307407_10153660239812488_7402709880719745576_o

Holy shit

Last edited by M99 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:28 am

Don't like the poster at all. Some weird lines.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:32 am

The trailer looks great though. I just feel like they showed a hell of a lot, considering the movie's out in 6 months or what it is. Can't wait though. Russo's got shit under control.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:35 am

Freeza wrote:The trailer looks great though. I just feel like they showed a hell of a lot, considering the movie's out in 6 months or what it is. Can't wait though. Russo's got shit under control.

They did not show Spider-Man, Ant Man, Vision, Bilbo Baggins, Baron Zemo and Crossbones at all in the trailer. Only a few shots of Black Panther and like one shot of Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye. The action scenes looked great. Winter Soldier had the best fight choreography in the MCU, this looks like it will top WS by quite a bit. Music was great too, hopefully the tone carries on in the movie.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:39 am

M99 wrote:
Freeza wrote:The trailer looks great though. I just feel like they showed a hell of a lot, considering the movie's out in 6 months or what it is. Can't wait though. Russo's got shit under control.

They did not show Spider-Man, Ant Man, Vision, Baron Zemo and Crossbones at all in the trailer. Only a few shots of Black Panther and like one shot of Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye. The action scenes looked great. Winter Soldier had the best fight choreography in the MCU, this looks like it will top WS by quite a bit. Music was great too, hopefully the tone carries on in the movie.

I just didn't fancy them showing basically 5 different fight scenes and amazing shots. I'd rather stick to the 1st act or 1st half in a trailer. It showed too much for a first trailer. The first one should sell without revealing too much, so people can opt out after it.

Not that bothered by trailers normally. But after Avengers and Age of Ultron, I'd prefer they changed their marketing somewhat, because they literally showed the end and all action scenes in those.

I could be wrong though, and that Iron Man fight is in the start.

Also War Machine... If that isn't a red herring that's some weird shot selection.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:03 am

:bow:

http://giant.gfycat.com/ShabbyOrneryKiwi.gif
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:58 am

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 7 JgArvbh

BLACK PANTHER :bow: One of the coolest heroes ever :bow: Can't wait to see him in live action.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:35 am

I was confused for a bit, wondering if this was CA: Civil War or The Avengers : Civil War hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:38 am

It's pretty much Avengers 2.5
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:58 pm

Didn't the trailer also link with what I remember as the post-credits scene from Ant-Man - the whole 'I know a guy' stuff?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:13 pm

srigooner wrote:Didn't the trailer also link with what I remember as the post-credits scene from Ant-Man - the whole 'I know a guy' stuff?

Well I assumed they meant Ant-Man when Falcon said I know a guy. It looked like Winter Soldier metallic arm was stuck in some mechanic machine and Ant-Man is a mechanical engineer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:47 pm

It's a nice trailer and all that, but I found Suicide Squad a lot more exciting!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Yeah surely the "I know a guy" is in reference to Ant-Man.

I think Civil War is going to be the best MCU film.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:07 pm

Trailer looks great. But I hate marvel trailers because of the content they put in it

The whole plot is predictable. Even if I didn't know the Civil war story, I would be able to guess 90% of what is going to happen.

Preferred BvS trailer 10 times more tbh. Also think Apocalypse trailer will be better.

Saying that, Civil war will be a top 3 MCU film just because of Russos. Fighting scenes already look great and so does the dialogues. Unlike AOU
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:19 pm

@RG Age of Ultron didn't have dialogue. Everything they said was just a monologue to get out a joke, rinse and repeat.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Yea, months later after initial hype. I agree greatly tbh.

Thinking about not rating Civil war till a week later of watching it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:27 am

Same. I rewatched AoU recently, now that I'm not as hyped about it, it really was a disappointing film in all aspects.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:27 am

New trailer wednesday

Teaser just released

Shit looks intense. Batman shitting himself Shocked

This is one hell of a teaser, hope they don't show too much in the trailer. Maybe jsut 2x3 bits like this one.

Is it a nightmare? hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:25 am

Seems like a nightmare

batman would have escaped by now in reality.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:43 am

RealGunner wrote:Seems like a nightmare

batman would have escaped by now in reality.

Also a toy released with same outfit called "Knightmare Batman"

Trailer debuting in some hours.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:01 am

Sup ladies

HOLY FREAKING SHIT THAT FREAKING ENDING... BAH GAWD :bow:

Feel like that would've gotten a huge pop in the cinema though, just like the tag team with Cap and WS would have. But that's to expect from a second trailer at this point.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next