Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
M99
LeVersacci
RealGunner
28 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:05 pm

El Gunner wrote:Point is Freeza, not everyone is like you (not giving two shits about "spoilers" as you claim) and not everyone reads the synopsis before the movie, but most people do however watch trailers. So yeah.

And fact is, general audience don't give shit about spoilers. They are more likely to go see a movie that shows more. That's what the studies show, and therefor they do it.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:12 pm

It's not about how many people go and watch the films lol. Of course a whole bunch of people will still go watch a film and most likely nobody will get turned down by a "spoiler".

It's just the actual instance of revealing too much that needs to be cut down on. And that's where the rage is aimed at. And I understand that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:18 pm

El Gunner wrote:It's not about how many people go and watch the films lol. Of course a whole bunch of people will still go watch a film and most likely nobody will get turned down by a "spoiler".

It's just the actual instance of revealing too much that needs to be cut down on. And that's where the rage is aimed at. And I understand that.

Actually everything comes down to how many people watch the movie. Everything in Hollywood comes down to that. You vote with your dollar.

Why would they stop revealing too much in trailers when it works according to multiple studies? Basically 100% of the people raging about it know about the Batman universe and they'd go see it anyway. For the average moviegoer it will look like Lex is still the villain who created a monster.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:21 pm

No Corporate Freeza

Don't talk about where it leads up to. I'm not talking about that. I'm just pointing out the rage. You always bring up stuff I never mentioned.

Tell me you understand the rage.
Tell me.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:28 pm

I think the rage is retarded tbh.

Could it have been cut better? Sure.

But ffs. This trailer, as I have said before, is meant for the general audience. Comic geeks had their no spoilery trailer at Comic-Con. It you choose to watch a trailer cut for a general audience to see more, then it's straight up retarded to rage. It you watch another trailer after you've already seen a 3-4 minute package of footage from the film, why even watch it, if you're afraid of getting spoiled?

On the other hand. I'd be enraged if this was the first trailer. But wait, it wasn't. Star Wars trailers have shown basically almost just as much at this point. Some people stay away. I watch it all, because quite frankly I love the experience, and spoilers don't make or break a movie for me.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:33 pm

Yes, the rage is understandable. I mean showing Doomsday was completely unnecessary. I can pretty much guess now what the first act, second act, and third act of the film will be. The trailer did reveal too much. I liked the trailers of DOFP and Star Wars which did not tell give us so much but were still great trailers. Imagine if DOFP trailer showed the scene of Mystique turning face, or the death scenes of the X-Men in present day.

BvS is one film that did not need to reveal so much of the plot to get more ticket sales. Disappointing from them really.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:38 pm

M99 wrote:Yes, the rage is understandable. I mean showing Doomsday was completely unnecessary. I can pretty much guess now what the first act, second act, and third act of the film will be. The trailer did reveal too much. I liked the trailers of DOFP and Star Wars which did not tell give us so much but were still great trailers. Imagine if DOFP trailer showed the scene of Mystique turning face, or the death scenes of the X-Men in present day.

BvS is one film that did not need to reveal so much of the plot to get more ticket sales. Disappointing from them really.

The Japanese Star Wars trailer gave away a lot. DOFP trailers also gave away a bunch.

I actually think this shows way more of the plot than any BvS trailer
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:40 pm

M99 wrote:Yes, the rage is understandable. I mean showing Doomsday was completely unnecessary. I can pretty much guess now what the first act, second act, and third act of the film will be. The trailer did reveal too much. I liked the trailers of DOFP and Star Wars which did not tell give us so much but were still great trailers. Imagine if DOFP trailer showed the scene of Mystique turning face, or the death scenes of the X-Men in present day.

Exactly my point. Irrespective of the trailer, the movie is still going to make the same numbers. Nobody is going to sit out this movie just because of the trailer.

But it comes down the general audience's enjoyment. At least consider their time which they're making to see this and their pleasure of enjoying the film with whatever twists and turns it may bring forward once it hits theatres. Don't slightly ruin the film like that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:40 pm

I really still don't see what it spoiled. It showed images from the 3rd act. Name me one single movie trailer in history that hasn't done that. That we've seen.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:45 pm

Freeza wrote:

The Japanese Star Wars trailer gave away a lot. DOFP trailers also gave away a bunch.

I actually think this shows way more of the plot than any BvS trailer

Japanese Star Wars trailer did not give us a lot, just slightly more from the US trailer.

Re-watched the X Men trailer. One can't get a clue how the movie will culminate. You can't guess that stopping Mystique killing Trask is the key objective. You can't guess about the Nixon involvement. You can't guess what the ending will be. There is hardly anything of the present day climax scenes. The final act was shown in the trailer but edited well enough to hide crucial plot points.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:46 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Exactly my point. Irrespective of the trailer, the movie is still going to make the same numbers. Nobody is going to sit out this movie just because of the trailer.

Well, that's wrong. Everyone's not online checking every bit of information. We think they spoil too much because we actively consume ALL the information. Fact is they make 3-4 trailers in hope just everyone can see one of the trailers. The more actionpacked trailers are for the transformers crowd, who goes to see movies because they see explosions etc.

@M99 How was that any different from BvS? The trailer didn't spoil, that's all I'm trying to say. What did they show, that we weren't already 100% certain of? And the people who weren't certain don't mind because they don't know the characters in it that well.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Freeza wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

Well, that's wrong. Everyone's not online checking every bit of information. We think they spoil too much because we actively consume ALL the information. Fact is they make 3-4 trailers in hope just everyone can see one of the trailers. The more actionpacked trailers are for the transformers crowd, who goes to see movies because they see explosions etc.

@M99 How was that any different from BvS? The trailer didn't spoil, that's all I'm trying to say. What did they show, that we weren't already 100% certain of? And the people who weren't certain don't mind because they don't know the characters in it that well.

Bro. I'm talking about this film in particular. That can be said for any other drama/action B class film. But no, not this one, this is Batman V Superman. Lol everyone knows what its going to be about. They're going to watch the film because everyone knows who Batman and Superman is. And the "V" part in between just makes it more intriguing to the average moviegoer. Pls.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:56 pm

I still don't agree with it all. I'm not talking about us right now. I'm talking about the 35+ demographic. 95% of those didn't have a single clue about this movie. My parents still don't know about it, and I've told them a bunch of times. It does help this movie, no matter what you think. Sure it helps that it's famous. But it's about showing they exist, and when they get the attention, show them some of the action they want.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:00 am

rofl rofl rofl Oh my god, why do I still bother. My mom is 40 I can go and ask her now who batman and superman is, my grandad is 64, I can go ask him now who batman and superman is and he'll know, I can even make a video of it.

Won't bother anymore, when you're just carrying on an argument just because you don't want to see the other people's point of view.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:05 am

El Gunner wrote:rofl rofl rofl Oh my god, why do I still bother. My mom is 40 I can go and ask her now who batman and superman is, my grandad is 64, I can go ask him now who batman and superman is and he'll know, I can even make a video of it.

Won't bother anymore, when you're just carrying on an argument just because you don't want to see the other people's point of view.

Well obviously you don't even bother reading my response. I said they have no idea a movie is coming. They know the character but has no idea it's coming out in 3 months. Which is why they're showing their a-game to try and get their attention and show it's worth their time, considering these people only go 1-3 times a year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:31 am

Freeza you're a grown man so you'll go on your own. You're not a 10 year old who'll have to drag his parents along. Are your parents interested in superhero stuff?
a) if they are, they'll know about this film. Because it's that huge

b) if they're not. You think a trailer is going to persuade them to go watch something? Lol why should they go watch something if its not intended for their tastes? Laughing

So basically my point is those 10 year olds will drag their parents along nevertheless. Those that are just sitting at home alone with no kids who're intersted and who have no idea of this film. They won't go and watch it. Nothing changes because of a trailer for a film this huge. Nothing.

This film is so huge you don't need any trailer pull.
Hype will get around and you'll know about it. And if you want to go see it, you'll go see it.

This movie has its target and a huge target that is. So you're telling me you make a trailer just to pull geriatrics to the screen lol for a film that is aimed at the younger audience and the comic fans and the huge general moviegoing audience that usually always goes and watch these big movies. You're not pulling anyone extra with this film with a trailer sorry.

No for this film, no that wasn't even the idea. They made a trailer because every huge film has one, that's basically. They already know they're gonna make huge money off of this.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:42 am

Yeah they'd make huge money no matter what. But you know what's better, more money. This is not going to hurt their money making, it's only going to improve it. Advertising and filmadvertising is a part of my education, and it's been proven time and again that you need to make yourself known to the public. They do that with multiple action packes tv-spots, trailers etc. This is what this trailer appeals to.

The older crowd will be more likely to go with their kids or take them, if they actually find it interesting and they know it's coming out in general. My Dad probably wants to go see it with me, when I probably see it again, because he loved the trailer (I basically just sent it to him). But most people in our parents generation aren't as exposed and marketing like this trailer will make them more aware, which will result in more money.

Should they have shown less as respect to fans who want more surprises? Definitely.

Will it make more money because it shows more? Most likely.

Studios don't care about spoilers. Countless marketing studies show it doesn't affect the box office.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:53 am

Also this marketing is something that has worked for basically a decade. And with Warner Bros. filmdivision in a major crisis, I don't think they can allow themselves to not play it safe with their marketing.

I also don't think it spoils that much. It was a single shot. Which basically all trailers show. We all knew beforehand there was a lazerfiring villain in it or a mindcontrolled Superman. This could be seen from the other trailer, where Batman grappled away from the lazer in his normal outfit, and not his superman fighting one.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:22 am

I think that the trailer not only showed major key points of the movie but it seemed like it was all in order. Beginning, middle and end of trailer seems like it would be the beginning, middle, and end of movie.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:15 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:55 pm

That "So was I" line is amazing and powerful. But I still really don't believe at all tbh. I haven't felt them being friends. Banner and Tony, sure. Rhodey, sure. But not cap. Seems like they should've built it up more imo, never saw any real love between them, only banter.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:46 am

Freeza wrote:That "So was I" line is amazing and powerful. But I still really don't believe at all tbh. I haven't felt them being friends. Banner and Tony, sure. Rhodey, sure. But not cap. Seems like they should've built it up more imo, never saw any real love between them, only banter.

https://imgur.com/1r4W5qZ

Well, in Avengers 1, Tony and Steve were tasked to repair the engine, and whether you want to believe it or not, Steve did save Tony's life, which probably starts to build some establishment of trust. They also did had a moment where they worked together. Plus they shared Swarma.

Tony has told Steve that his dad really looked up to him and Agent Carter shows Steve missing has haunted Howard, meaning there is a good chance that Howard would tell Tony stories about Steve, which probably leads to admiration for Captain America. Plus, he did have a prototype of his Shield in Iron Man 2, so I'm just saying, Howard probably got Tony really exposed to Steve and how good and trustworthy a man Steve is.

Then in Avengers 2 jokes shows Steve is comfortable enough to take a joke from him, and apparently Tony trusted Steve enough that he would fund the Avengers, but Steve can lead. Plus they had to spend some time together in designing the magnetic pull for Steve's shield. And in the vision, it seems like Tony would mainly be disappointed with the idea of failing Capt the most. Then Captain America is one of the few people to call Tony out on his crap, which make seem "tense" but often, true friends will be harsh but honest with you, and I think Tony would understand that. Captain America is also the one to convince Tony, who was in doubt, to fight or fail as the Avengers. And despite what happened after the fight with Ultron, it seems like Steve has forgiven him.

And while they may not seem like best friend, I feel like its more like how one feels you know the other, and while they disagreed with each other, they do feel like they know each other well enough to put it aside and work together, and that makes them friends. With Tony having so much trust in Capt to always do the right thing if he every screws up, its a big deal to him. Like Captain America was his safety net. So when he saw that not only was Steve protecting Bucky, but breaking the law and choosing the life of one person over others, or the altruistic way of thinking, Tony probably felt like he didn't even know or understand Steve anymore and he was hurt. All the stories his dad told, all the time Steve was there for him, the bad and the good, he chose to do this instead and will even attack him when Tony has to do what he thinks is right.

So by all means, they aren't chummy, and they disagree a lot more often. But their relationship was built on trust and it was broken here. Tony put his money and trust in Capt to do the right thing, and Steve let him down, and I feel that is what made that so heart breaking.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:05 am

So basically. Nothing that's shown and all speculated through jokes, I get it.

They respect each other. But a friendship to deliver such a powerful line? Meh, don't buy that.

Those pictures basically show nothing to disprove my sentiments. I have banter with a lot of people I work with or go to university with. Would I call them friends? Not at all. We've really not seen them have a friendship at all, and everything in that post doesn't make sense at all. One line literally is "They know each other, and can work with each other therefor they are friends" which doesn't fit in at all with me.

I just don't buy them being good enough friends to deliver that powerful line. Maybe something changes. That's the fault of the Avengers films though. I didn't really see anything more than superficial joking in them. Winter Soldier really showed friendship also, I bought his love for Bucky, despite not loving it in the first CA. Also his friendship with BW was really believable. So maybe they'll set it up in the start of the movie to make it more believable, because it doesn't make sense at all so far.

I have faith in the Russos though.

I also hope this line doesn't have any truth to it "Tony put his money and trust in Capt to do the right thing, and Steve let him down, and I feel that is what made that so heart breaking."

Tony has done 100 things worse than this. Went behind everyone's backs and almost destroyed the world
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:23 am

Freeza wrote:

I have faith in the Russos though.

MT pls.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:18 am

Anyways, could the whole desert scene be a vision and not a dream sequence. The whole parademon stuff seems more like a vision and a dream of would become of the world at some point when Darkseid attacks and this is why we need Batman and Superman to make up.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:22 am

The word is they've picked the two Lanterns to star in the GL corps film. Hal Jordan and John Stewart. No surprise really.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next