Lucifer
Sina
urbaNRoots
EL Patron
RealGunner
50 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 8 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:40 pm

I said before that I wouldn't be against a 1 year extension but I'm not really sure anymore. Do we wait for a big name or do we gamble?

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 8 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by Lucifer Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:46 pm

If he goes then who would succeed him that is imp question. Do Arsenal already have somebody in mind. Dont want someone like Moyesie coming and dragging team backward.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:30 pm

I have no idea if Arsenal have him in mind, but I'm really liking what Leonardo Jardim is doing with Monaco and what he did with Sporting Lisbon. Lucian Favre is another option as well if we wanted someone short term.

I don't think we can afford to wait for a so-called big name to become available. Simeone and Allegri are pretty much the only two big coaches who might look for new challenges soon, but getting these coaches requires Arsenal to be ruthless with Wenger.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:53 pm

There is no point debating, even if we finished out of CL Wenger would still extend his contract.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:34 pm

Juventus boss Max Allegri wants to replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal and create ten-year dynasty at Emirates

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2487737/juventus-boss-max-allegri-wants-to-replace-arsene-wenger-at-arsenal-and-create-ten-year-dynasty-at-emirates/

omg please :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:57 pm

That could be a good move.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:15 pm

I was thinking he could be one of the options for 2018
Would be delighted if he is possibility for this summer but Not getting my hopes up
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:17 pm

Allegri, Sarri or Tuchel. 3 good options.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:33 pm

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 8 C31MjdNWcAEc0Wu

Looks like Oxlade-Chamberlain has joined the party rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:37 pm

Or at least the guy managing his account has rofl

Can't wait for the press to get a hold of that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:04 pm

Maurizio Sarri or someone like him stylistically pls
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:55 pm

Wenger admits two year contract extension offer from club, will sign based on gut decision at the end of the season.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-news-arsene-wenger-says-he-will-take-a-gut-decision-whether-he-stays-or-goes-this-summer-a7561921.html

Our club is straight up retarded. They are not even waiting to see if there's a better alternative than Wenger.

He should just sign it now and be done with it, we all know he will sign it so what's the point. Maybe our players will concentrate on the pitch instead of thinking about their future.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Lol our board really are incompetent. The whole club is hopeless from top to bottom.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Arsenal fans need to be careful what they wish for. What makes you all believe you would magically become title winners, CL winners etc if Wenger goes and you get someone else in? It could easily go the other way and you fall out of contention for CL spots and then you'll all be crying for Wenger to come back.
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:33 pm

Nobody believes we'll magically become title winners.

Arsenal can do better than Wenger. This is a fact. Finishing in the top four every year, coming no where near the title and losing big games is not a success nor is it enjoyable.

This is a situation that has to change and only a new manager can do it. Trying something new is far more preferable to staying still.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:35 am

For all that comparison with teams which went on a downward spiral after a long standing manager, I am sure our case would be different.

The reason is that we don't have a squad of 35 year olds with no hunger. Our squad is pretty competent. What we need is a manager who actually works with them, instead of thinking that they are smart enough to figure it out on the pitch.

Also, Jay, happy to see you become a WOB Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:02 am

I've been WOB for a couple of years now :coffee:

Basically I was leaning in that direction anyway and was just waiting until the usual excuses ran out to really jump on the bandwagon. Now there's little doubt in my mind what the biggest problem is.

I think comparisons to United post Ferguson are lazy and one of the reasons I really dislike the "be careful what you wish for" argument. United's example isn't a warning about moving on from a long-standing manager. It's a warning against hiring a crap manager after that manager leaves. United's problem was less that Ferguson retired and more that they replaced him with David *bleep* Moyes Laughing

Obviously if we hire someone who's actually competent we won't decline that much. And whoever is coming in won't be inheriting a squad of winners like Moyes was at United.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:18 am

If Conte can take Chelsea from 17th last season to 1st today, there's a younger and more tenacious manager with similarly fresh ideas out there for us too. Of course, Chelsea were Premier League winners even when they were 17th but he's reinvigorated their mentality and tactically transformed them to the point that they've been dominant since we last beat them.

I'm not sure who the man is for us (Allegri, Sampaoli, Hasenhüttl, Tuchel, really just naming younger names we've been linked with at one point or another, I lean towards Allegri right now. He's been the most successful and, hey, it worked for Chelsea getting a Juve boss) but it's clear it hasn't been Wenger for a while.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:18 pm

I think he will sign, every year he has had that same gut feeling of getting so damm close like a lots of fans. He never see it as systematic flaw but more like technical mistep which he could tweak ( and he never did). Obviously we dont see it that way but the board and Wengers definitely do.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Pep will be available after Man City finish 5th and they sack him.

tongue
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:45 pm

No, I would rather not have Pep. Never ever liked that guy. It would kill off any remaining shards of love I have for the club in the deepest, darkest corners of my heart.

That said, our board is pretty incompetent, so not really expecting them to ensure we don't end up sliding. Also not sure how the whole Kroenke's control would start playing once AW goes.

If we end up outside top four, Wenger is definitely gone. And that might also not be so bad, as a new manager would have to focus only on domestic cups while bedding his ideas and character in.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Go cheer on Dortmund you clown
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:23 pm

That's mutually exclusive :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Disgusting what kind of board we got at the club.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:25 pm

I am on board. I am not sure about sacking him but I think Arsene should graciously bow out now. I am sure our team could attract some of the best coach/managers out there.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:13 pm

We must judge Wenger at the end of the season. rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next