iftikhar
Art Morte
McAgger
23 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Winter Window - Page 3 Empty Re: Winter Window

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

It's a transition period we are in, so a transition avatar is the way to go :coffee:

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:50 am

Art Morte wrote:It's a transition period we are in, so a transition avatar is the way to go :coffee:

Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:59 am

Being linked with ruben neves
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:06 am

Pato in January?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:54 am

Red Alert wrote:Pato in January?
14 goals in 38 games??? At least he is playing these days Thumbs up . How come he is still 26 hmm !!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:39 pm

I saw the Pato rumour but surely total bs. Where would he play? We don't need him, we need a winger.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:02 pm

Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi is reportedly open to leaving the club at the end of the season after learning of transfer interest from Premier League clubs.

Earlier this week, Liverpool and Chelsea were mentioned as suitors for the Argentine forward, and he is tempted to quit Italy for England, according to Fichajes.net.

Still only 22 years old, Icardi already has 39 goals in 80 games for Inter, though he was recently dropped to the bench by manager Roberto Mancini.

Clubs in England and Spain seem willing to rescue Icardi from Inter, and he is keen to evaluate his options at the end of this season.

Jürgen Klopp could do with a player like Icardi up front after various injuries to Daniel Sturridge, Christian Benteke and Danny Ings this term.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:06 pm

we need to get Lazar back on loan in Jan first. Pato or anyone else can wait till summer imo.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:38 pm

we are also in for Can's cousin apparently

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/07/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-wants-to-seal-riccardo-saponara-transfer-in-january-reports-5486640/

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:55 pm

I like the look of ruben navas. he is a player I would like to see us go for.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Helmer wrote:we need to get Lazar back on loan in Jan first. Pato or anyone else can wait till summer imo.

It's much more difficult to recall 'big team' loans than your standard lower division loans. In fact, it's probably in the loan contract that he cannot be recalled.

That said, haven't seen a minute of the Turkish league, but I'm under the impression that Markovic has done nothing of note at Fenerbache.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:23 am

Art Morte wrote:I saw the Pato rumour but surely total bs. Where would he play? We don't need him, we need a winger.

Just quickly 'cause I gtg...

The reason Lewand worked so great at Dortmund was because he was more complete and could play more outside the box. He also had amazing link up play, and working with Gotze Reus etc suited Dortmund very well. Benteke shows moments he can play outside the box but is literally only good in there. He's great to have as he helps break teams up, but doesn't offer much on the counter.

Sturridge is permanently injured.

Pato offers pace which we lack at the moment. Benteke is currently not running / trying to break the lines. Which is a waste because both Coutinho and Firminho want to play that through ball as there both creators. Lallana likes to play off the striker, and has good link up play, but I do think we need that more aggressive type player that can play both inside and outside the box. And one that can play on the counter. Pato is currently on cheap wages in Brazil and will cost a low fee. It's a low gamble for a player that was showing immense talent before a run of injuries ruined his form for Milan. Benteke also doesn't press enough. Don't get me wrong, Benteke is a solid PL striker and I do rate him to an extent (similar to Giroud really; good PL striker but not really that "extra" quality we've had in the passed) but he's not exactly a Klopp type player right now.

I think we'll definitely be in for a striker in the summer regardless if we do go for Pato in January or not but heard his name and thought it'd be interesting as he could work. Sorry if this makes no sense, quick sketch up.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:53 am

Mm, I just don't see us signing a striker with Sturridge, Benteke and Ings in the squad.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:15 am

Art Morte wrote:Mm, I just don't see us signing a striker with Sturridge, Benteke and Ings in the squad.

Ings: won't be available this season Sad
Sturridge: how many games can/will he play? 10, 15!!! Mad
Origi: Suspect

Which means only Benteke is the viable option.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:44 am

Art Morte wrote:Mm, I just don't see us signing a striker with Sturridge, Benteke and Ings in the squad.

Sturridge is never fit.
Benteke isn't the best player outside the box. Makes him limited to an extent.
Ings is a mid-table striker.
Origi is a kid / on the same level as N'gog.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:58 am

It's still too crowded for another striker. Especially when you consider both Benteke and Ings were signed just this summer, meaning it's very unlikely either is leaving at least for a couple of years. A winger is the only attacking player I'd sign, otherwise we're loaded in the forward roles.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:08 am

Signed under a different manager. Who had no idea how to set up tactically and was "rebuilding" for 3.5 years at the club.

Klopp is a different manager.

How are we "loaded" if we can't score goals?

Goals win games. Goals get you points.

We need a striker adequate enough to provide the quality of having the ability to put the ball into the back of the net on a consistent basis. There's no point "dominating" games when we can't put scoreboard pressure on.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Red Alert wrote:

Sturridge is never fit. Thumbs up
Benteke isn't the best player outside the box. Makes him limited to an extent. A bit harsh. He isn't the worst player outside the box. Besides, he can improve even further.
Ings is a mid-table striker. WRONG. He is a very good option to have and actually fits Klopp's style.
Origi is a kid / on the same level as N'gog. Not sure if he will turn out to be another N'gog, but definitely not the quality we need ATM

Art wrote:It's still too crowded for another striker. Especially when you consider both Benteke and Ings were signed just this summer, meaning it's very unlikely either is leaving at least for a couple of years. A winger is the only attacking player I'd sign, otherwise we're loaded in the forward roles.
Practically we are playing with just one striker in the squad. Even if consider long-term, Sturridge will never play regularly.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Red Alert wrote:Sturridge is never fit.

Yup, we can never rely on Sturridge. He is a luxury and great to have when healthy, but that is almost never.

Benteke isn't the best player outside the box. Makes him limited to an extent.

I think Benteke is fine. He could be improved upon for sure, but he has been threatening in every game we've played with him.

Ings is a mid-table striker.
Origi is a kid / on the same level as N'gog.

I don't necessarily agree with this assessment of either, but neither of them can be relied upon right now or in the near future to be a real threat. If we want to compete for the title we need to sign a complete striker.

I'm not really sure who they should be after in the winter if they're looking for a fix now. I like the idea of bringing Markovic back even though Ibe has been fantastic of late.

It would be nice to see if there is no striker brought in in the winter if we could somehow get Higuain from Napoli though. If not maybe Lacazette or Alcacer? I dunno.

We also definitely need a better leftback (RicRod plz) and a keeper.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:47 pm

I would love Pato. Would absolutely love him here. If he's got anything in him from his prime Milan days there's a world class player lurking in there somewhere.

Would be lovely to have him whenever Sturridge ain't playing. Because let's be honest Benteke is not similar to Sturridge. We lose a lot when we don't have the all around CF playing.

Also would take Icardi in a heart beat. But can't see it happening. He'll be super expensive.

Also I think we should really look into singing Jovetic after his loan deal is over with Inter.

Any one of Pato, Icardi, Jovetic would be good for us because our reliance on Sturridge would be over.

Having said that Griezmann please :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:08 pm

Liverpool are linked with a few players I guess I'll only post one source, but most of these have multiple sources:

- Robert Lewandowski (Express and many others, obviously not happening, 50m+)
- Timo Horn (Express and a few others, interesting, 6m release clause?)
- Leroy Sané (ESPN many others, interesting, 20m+?)
- Gianluca Lapadula (Talksport many others, no idea who he is)

Most interested in the Horn rumour as we desperately need competition for Mignolet (and ideally someone that can straight up take the job from him). I know Horn is highly rated in Germany and is quite young. It seems like a good fit.

Sané apparently isn't interested in Liverpool and just signed a new contract so I don't really care for them to pursue that especially since we have a bunch of similar types of players already (seems like a luxury at this point while other areas need addressing IMO).

Lewandowski is just stupid media stuff that doesn't make any sense, obviously, and I have no idea who this Lapadula guy is...if Klopp can turn him into the next Lewa then fine, aha.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Jovetics ship has sailed imo. I mean I have waited enough that somewhere he will put good season to his name and will put himself back among good players. I didnt hear anything from his current spell at Inter.

Pato, how should we deal with the four strikers we have Laughing

I would really not to talk about attackers at all ! I would get a CM, someone like Gündogan or Pjanic may be. That should be our priority.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:43 pm

Neither Gundogan or Pjanic are realistic targets in the winter though. They won't leave their current clubs for Liverpool mid-season, if they would at all.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:31 pm

I don't think I'd do any business in the winter window. We only need quality, not quantity, and it's just too difficult to buy quality in the middle of the season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:55 pm

That's why I thought that Horn was the only realistic rumour. Horn is supposedly quality and doesn't play for a cup tied team.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:02 pm

Mignolet's been great, though, and Bogdan's done well when played. We have no need for a keeper.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next