farfan
Harmonica
free_cat
29 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Messi case ongoing - Page 4 Empty Re: Messi case ongoing

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Depends where the income is earned BC. If Mascherano earned commercial income (adverstising, etc.) and income for playing with Argentina for the NT, he would be subject to Argentinian taxes.

In the US, you are subject to taxes if you repatriate the money to the US... but if you keep income you earned offshore outside of US soil, it's exempt from US taxation. It's on a corporate level but most expats set up their own consulting firms offshore for this purpose. Obama wants to change that. I don't think he's been able to yet.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:27 pm

free_cat wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Messi is lucky he didn't do this in the US or even France. You sign a tax return in either of those countries, regardless of whether it was prepared by a 3rd party, you're fully liable.

In the US, tax fraud of over a certain amount has MANDATORY jail time without the possibility of parole. Given the amounts here, he would have spent time in prison no question. Doesn't matter who you are.

That's very untrue. Infact, in the US it's very easy to reach setlements not involving jail, especially if you are rich and can pay many times the amount evaded.

you mean ONLY if you are rich

The IRS don't play around. They WILL catch you and put you in jail faster then you can blink.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:Depends where the income is earned BC. If Mascherano earned commercial income (adverstising, etc.) and income for playing with Argentina for the NT, he would be subject to Argentinian taxes.

In the US, you are subject to taxes if you repatriate the money to the US... but if you keep income you earned offshore outside of US soil, it's exempt from US taxation. It's on a corporate level but most expats set up their own consulting firms offshore for this purpose. Obama wants to change that. I don't think he's been able to yet.

Nope, in the US you get charged personal taxes on worldwide income and get a tax rebate for taxes paid abroad:

https://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Income-from-Abroad-is-Taxable

I suppose Masche could have Argentine income, he probably does, but I haven't read anything about him being in trouble with Argentine authorities. All I've seen on the subject has been from Spanish media.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:38 pm

Lionel Taxit is back

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36721892
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:05 pm

What a joke, he's not going to prison despite committing such a huge fraud.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Depends where the income is earned BC.  If Mascherano earned commercial income (adverstising, etc.) and income for playing with Argentina for the NT, he would be subject to Argentinian taxes.  

In the US, you are subject to taxes if you repatriate the money to the US... but if you keep income you earned offshore outside of US soil, it's exempt from US taxation.  It's on a corporate level but most expats set up their own consulting firms offshore for this purpose.  Obama wants to change that.  I don't think he's been able to yet.

Nope, in the US you get charged personal taxes on worldwide income and get a tax rebate for taxes paid abroad:

https://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Income-from-Abroad-is-Taxable

I suppose Masche could have Argentine income, he probably does, but I haven't read anything about him being in trouble with Argentine authorities. All I've seen on the subject has been from Spanish media.

That's the simpleton's view of it...  the sophisticated US citizens set up shell corporations in tax friendly countries abroad and keep all the income earned there as they only transact using those corporations and not themselves personally.  It then becomes subject to corporate tax laws.  Under corporate tax laws, the income earned abroad isn't subject to US taxation until it is repatriated.  BUT, you can go abroad and bring back with you up to 10k USD tax free per person.  That's why a lot of these tax havens are in vacation spots...  you take your family on vacation and you bring back 10k each tax free as you make them shareholders of the corp and distribute the money to them via dividends.  As for the rest, you figure out what you can get away with in terms of corporate expenses and you get a corporate credit card to spend the money.

It's all perfectly legal too.  There's a ton you can do and most people do it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:03 pm

Btw is there a Barcelona forum where I can see everyone blaming Perez for this? Will be glorious.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Thank god that's over so Spaindrid can't call him testify before every big match. Says everything about Spanish corruption, that no Refdrid players were sentenced the same as Messi and Mascherano, but they all were able to settle it quickly.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:17 pm

I think it just says that Messi and Mascherano evaded taxes hmm
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:11 pm

Horrible human being is all I have to say.

Can you imagine something similar from der Kommander? Me neither.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:16 pm

Good for him.
Let's be honest, he desperately needed some 'jail time' and a criminal record to legitimize those tattoos.
They look more authentic already.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4