Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Doc on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:50 pm

By Madrid fans couldn't stand you, you mean Sports and Turok the dinosaur hunter?

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 10829
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Luca on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:04 am

He's been responsible for the ever changing face of this Juventus team. Name a team that has replaced as many key players in his tenure and not fallen off? You can't, and that's the manager's toughest job- managing change. From players like Pirlo, Pogba, Bonucci, Tevez and co. leaving to players like Lichtsteiner, Marchisio and Barzagli falling to 'smaller' roles at the club and players like Alex Sandro, Dybala, Mandzukic, and Khedira [even], emerging to larger roles.

Flexibility. Tactically, we've played several formations all with success. All from a Conte team that was nailed to the 3-5-2 cross. This is an important aspect that may go overlooked but Allegri has not stuck to the 3-5-2 blueprint that was laid out to him. We have played several different formations and he isn't afraid to change it. He even put Mandzukic onto the wing and made a CL final doing it with a midfield pivot of Pjanic and Khedira.

Defence. Every Allegri season at Juventus has been a great defensive one. This season, we started with our highest goals against tally but since then, Allegri locked it down. Now we boast the best attack in Italy and have the joint best defence. Defence wins trophies is an old saying that always rings true. Both CL finals made were not because we were lighting up other teams. Finals go as they go, we lost to better teams both times and showing up is not enough but I mean, it still takes quite a bit of quality to reach those finals and the seasons were still filled with success.

His record in Europe, its great. He's managed a team in the CL 8 times, 4 with Milan and 4 with Juve, every time he advanced from the group- only Wenger has a better record here. Of that, two finals with Juventus and you would be hard pressed to blame him for either loss. Our home record, 24 games with 1 loss (stat before this season but it has not changed yet, knock on wood @cbarca). He's helped to make Torino and our new stadium a fortress.

Character. When Bonucci had a disagreement with Allegri last season, he was left out of the squad for the Porto CL game- a pivotal match in our season and our best defender. Dybala was benched for our match against Inter in the Derby D'Italia because he wasn't playing well, this is Italy's classico mind you. Higuain was benched earlier in the season for not performing. Alex Sandro was benched for not performing. Need I go on? He literally benched our record signing and our #10 just months between for not being to his standard. The Bonucci benching was particularly indicative of Allegri's expectations because it was over a late goal Juve conceded in a victory, in which Bonucci was at fault. This is a mentality that is always welcomed at Juve.

And a lot of fans were devastated when Conte left. He's a Juve legend and led us to 3 straight scudetti after finishing 7th before his arrival, he did all this on a small budget (about what Sarri has, if not less) and left, on his own accord, because the team did not want to spend how he wanted. A lot of us didn't know which direction the club would take after that. No one wants to see a club legend and a successful one at that leave and because of a lack of spending no less. Allegri more than earned his place and he's better than Conte, for me.

avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by rincon on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 am

Because he is not coaching and winning with the team was crushing the league before he took the job.

How many times have we read here on GL how Juve is finished, or assembling an average team, or signing scrubs, or whatever. The team that Conte coached is long gone.

Allegri is coaching a new (or several) team and since he arrived. He first took the old team to new heights (CL final+domestic double) then he got the team shuffled and EVERYONE thought Juve would decline with Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez gone. He won and impressed again with another domestic double plus the CL knockout-that-shall-not-be-named. Then Pogba left and he added a third domestic double for good measure plus another CL final.

From a purely results standpoint this in unprecedented for Juve. I'm sure I don't need to mentioned the past beyond 2010. Since then, Conte never won a Coppa. With Allegri we have 3 in a row and look set for the 4th final. We weren't relevant in CL. With 3 seasons of Allegri we still haven't lost a CL knockout in 180 minutes, his Juve are the only non-Spanish team that has actually knocked out the Spanish giants in his time frame. In Serie A also teams stepped up, Spalletti and Sarri won record points with their clubs the last 3 seasons, its been long races to the title.

Allegri has managed to oversee a transition period for Juve flawlessly. Results never dropped. From a motivational perspective its amazing how the team is firing after 6 scudettos and 3 coppas. From a tactical perspective he is even better and more refreshing. We never stick to a formation, every season we have begun with 1 system and changed it at least 2 times always seeing big benefits. Watching our games closely you can see how detail oriented and controlling he is. He'll be yelling his lungs out in the 94th minute in a 3-0 win over Benevento if Cuadrado tries something fancy instead of doing as directed. Our success is very largely due to him, his stamp is on everything the team does.

The fact that Marotta throws so many changes at him every summer and how Max figures it our has become a really fun part of following Juve for me. Vidal AM in the diamond, Pogba's explosion in his last role, the countless back 3-4 switches, Barzagli the RB, Wingzukic, Dybala's new role every season, everything to with Pjanic, Cuadrado becoming a real player, etc.

Its rare that a manager can oversee 2 successful periods of a club, transitions usually cost managers their job. Wenger and Ferguson did this well. Allegri is doing it for us and makes most of Juve fans like him.
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 10545
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Casciavit on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 am

Everything Luca said is true. Great post.

Allegri definitely deserves more credit than given, for his work at Juventus.

_________________
avatar
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 6405
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by rincon on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:15 am

FFS Luca, sneaking in with most of what I was typing before I finished Thumbs up
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 10545
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Luca on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:42 am

Well done brothers, upventuses all around

the upventini run supreme + casc

but Sarri is a top manager, I would just be hard pressed to believe anyone would be able to rate him so highly but not rate Allegri hmm
avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by rincon on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:50 am

Sarri's style is different enough from the norm. Its normal that he is rated so highly by people who like his style. Especially since his game is so hard to pull off.
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 10545
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:25 am

Forgive me, but praising Allegri because he continued to win with Juventus is not a very good argument. in a league that was decimated few years ago, where the competitive edge had gone to the toilets, turning over a juventus team which still had the best players, and ensuring continuity is not an achievement.

You still, year to year, maintained the strongest core of players in Italy, with little to no competition whatsoever.

I give him credit fro bringing "tactical flexibility", you seem to think it's important, ok.

All of what you guys are describing is mainly, Conte breaking Juventus out and launching them on this dominating path, and then Allegri coming behind to continue reapping the rewards. he won you 3 coppa in a row? big whoop, is that your measure for success now? if it is, ok, i concede that one.

I give him credit for sustaining the winning year to year though, it's an important skill, that i can't underestimate, but frankly guys, i still can't see what is so special about Allegri. To me he is just another example of a coach winning with a big team, and every success makes him look better than he is. But that's how it goes with big name coaches, they coach the most talented teams, with the most money ,win and we call them great. but managers like sarri or pochettino? no no, where are the trophies? when allegri won with milan, he also had the best team in the league, and then those guys left iirc, and 0 for like 3 years, mediocrity all around, got sacked.

i Just dont see anything special about him. He was embarrassed twice in CL finals by spanish teams, you guys cant simply say "that's how finals go sometimes" that's terrible.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 26281
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by futbol on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:25 am

So is he gay now or what?

_________________
"The shape looks good."


futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 10356
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Luca on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:54 am

@Mr Nick09 wrote:Forgive me, but praising Allegri because he continued to win with Juventus is not a very good argument. in a league that was decimated few years ago, where the competitive edge had gone to the toilets, turning over a juventus team which still had the best players,  and ensuring continuity is not an achievement.

You still, year to year, maintained the strongest core of players in Italy, with little to no competition whatsoever.

I give him credit fro bringing "tactical flexibility", you seem to think it's important, ok.

All of what you guys are describing is mainly, Conte breaking Juventus out and launching them on this dominating path, and then Allegri coming behind to continue reapping the rewards. he won you 3 coppa in a row? big whoop, is that your measure for success now? if it is, ok, i concede that one.

I give him credit for sustaining the winning year to year though, it's an important skill, that i can't underestimate, but frankly guys, i still can't see what is so special about Allegri. To me he is just another example of a coach winning with a big team, and every success makes him look better than he is. But that's how it goes with big name coaches, they coach the most talented teams, with the most money ,win and we call them great. but managers like sarri or pochettino? no no, where are the trophies? when allegri won with milan, he also had the best team in the league, and then those guys left iirc, and 0 for like 3 years, mediocrity all around, got sacked.

i Just dont see anything special about him. He was embarrassed twice in CL finals by spanish teams, you guys cant simply say "that's how finals go sometimes" that's terrible.


So, again, just to be clear, in Sarri's third (3!) year with Napoli of playing this style of football that you just found about all of 3 weeks ago because you no longer like Zidane, he's a top manager in Europe

But Allegri, because of your most oversimplification of all oversimplifications I've ever seen in my entire life, is not good because he's been successful in those same three years

This is basically where were at. You say that winning year to year is important and shouldn't be underestimated but that's exactly what you've done in your synopsis- along with blowing by each and every point that rincon and I made. You don't think its impressive that he had the character to bench his so-called best players when they were being insubordinate and/or underperforming? He also got results in the games he did this in. Wouldn't this be welcomed at Madrid right now, rather than Zidane leeching onto the long gone talents of Benzema?

Or what about the ability to manage changing faces every season. You say this isn't important, but Juventus is one of the most active and the best teams on the market and this sport is a business, so you know that this is an extremely valuable trait to have and you know that when you change 4-5 key players each season, it can very easily go south and there will easily be many critics. What if Madrid did a better job here? Morata, James, Pepe versus still being reliant on players like Benzema, Ramos, Ronaldo. You're saying this isn't important because Juventus is dominant but just last season Real Madrid won everything with the same players but now have been struggling immensely, you still don't think this is a 'special' trait of a manager? I think it is, personally.

What about tactical flexibility. Isn't this one of the things that Pochettino is praised for? Doing things like starting Winks away to Real Madrid and being successful or how he uses Son and Llorente as substitutes or Trippier or whomever. But I get it, its impressive because Tottenham must have a teeny tiny Premier League budget, its not impressive when Allegri and Juventus does it because were big business and we dominate Serie A and Europe because we have no competition- anyone would've thrown Mandzukic out on the wing and made Khedira into the starting midfielder of a Champions League final contending team- the only team to not allow a goal against Barcelona home and away in a two legged match in the Messi era. These aren't special moments or special decisions because, you guessed it! Juventus has a big budget, is a dominant team and faces no competition.

Nick, my total football, Cruyffian friend. I believe you are mistaking cause and effect. Allegri is not the effect of Juventus' success, he's one of the main causes. But you are right about one thing, at Juventus, winning is expected and demanded.


avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Doc on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:16 am

@futbol wrote:So is he gay now or what?

No, he is still not gay as far as we know.

_________________
Gordon Strachan wrote:“We were just not good enough – has anybody ever thought about that?...Everybody goes looking for answers but sometimes you’re just shit.”
avatar
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10829
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:23 am

im not sure why you assume i just found out about Sarri, i watch football like all of you and i hvae known him for longer. Has he become more endearing to me as of late? sure. Remember we played them in CL twice last year? Just as, i have i had seen through zidane fraudulent ways more than a year ago.

You wont see me disagree with you about him being a better manager than Zidane. i would agree for the most part.

But in an era where Juventus outrageously dominated the serie A deprived of any competition, i dont see a reason why i should shower praises on Allegri for things were expected. I am saying that he deserve no special praise for dominating a league where no one could compete. Even when your team was changing faces as you call it, you still had the most talent, and it's not even close. You took away the competition best players like Pjanic, the promising starlets like Dybala, you hoarded it all for you and you won year after year.

Ultimately, this is a manager winning with the biggest team in the league, with the biggest budget, and the best players. I dont feel this is enough to go out of my way to praise him. Ultimately, having been successful with such a big club is an achievement, and it puts him in a low risk category that big clubs in europe to go fetch their next managers from, but i see nothing remarkable about him. that is what i was asking about.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 26281
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Luca on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:29 am

I was just teasing about just finding about Sarri but you have been saying stuff that we’ve been saying for some time now, he’s great and this Napoli team is too.

As per Allegri, I like to think he’s had a remarkable reign and for the reasons I’ve listed, he’s special. He has his own ideas and way of doing things and while your argument maybe even ring true for Serie A and our dominance, it wouldn’t account for his great record in Europe, him winning one of those finals would not make a difference to me in my opinion of him. I do think he’s great and the results he’s been able to get and the manner in which he gets them is his own
avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by rincon on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:29 am

It's just hindsight to say Allegri is doing just what is expected. It wasn't expected that we would be this dominant in Italy or Europe. Who has outperformed Allegri during the last 3 years? Not Pep, not Mou, not Simeone, not Klopp, not anyone except for Zidane's 2 CLs.

To say he is just trapping the rewards from Conte doesn't make sense either. He took Conte's team higher than Conte did and then that team disappeared and he did it again 3 times.

He is not a figure head at Juve getting carried by the players, he is the man in control making it happen.

Something ignored about Sarri. Remember he was third last season. Spalletti beat him in the end. Another one that deserves praise in the same category as him. These 2 and Allegri are well ahead of the competition in Italy.
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 10545
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 pm

Allegri Molenation

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 26281
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Luca on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:26 am

Maurizio Sarri in Press conference asked if #Napoli compromised the Scudetto tonight: "You're a woman, you're nice, so I won't tell you to **** off."
He's a gentleman...

P R O V I N C I A L E

avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:43 am

how is that provincial? he sounds like the current president of the United States

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 26281
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Luca on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:47 am

“If you continue to ask me about Juventus, then I’m going to just leave, because we played Inter-Napoli tonight and Juventus had nothing to do with it.”

He then removed the earpiece and walked away early.

Proud

WATTBA

avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Warrior on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:29 am

@Luca wrote:Maurizio Sarri in Press conference asked if #Napoli compromised the Scudetto tonight: "You're a woman, you're nice, so I won't tell you to **** off."


@Luca wrote:“If you continue to ask me about Juventus, then I’m going to just leave, because we played Inter-Napoli tonight and Juventus had nothing to do with it.”

He then removed the earpiece and walked away early.



avatar
Warrior
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3246
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by zigra on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:42 am

Not provincial, he's just scum.
avatar
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 3617
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Robespierre on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:08 pm

" Sarri accuses a woman to be nice ".

_________________
I haven't felt that good since Matias Vecino scored against Lazio on '81
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : FC MacLaren
Posts : 11033
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Warrior on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:50 pm

btw this is one of the most bizarre thread titles

To me Sarri is just one of the many impetuous characters in the Calcio landscape. Not that big of a deal and very easy to understand: the pressure is now on Napoli while it was on Juve all season long
avatar
Warrior
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3246
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:24 pm

@Robespierre wrote:" Sarri accuses a woman to be nice ".
it's sexist to assume that because she is woman she is automatically nice

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 26281
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum