S
RED
jibers
Valkyrja
Jay29
90 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 38 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by donttreadonred Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Unique wrote:So does that mean one day klopp will put a team
Out that can defend.

2008–09:  W-15  D-14  L-5   GF-60    GA-37    
2009–10:  W-16  D-9    L-9   GF-54   GA-42  
2010–11:  W-23  D-6    L-5   GF-67   GA-22    
2011–12:  W-25  D-6    L-3   GF-80   GA-25  

Yes... :coffee:

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 38 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by Unique Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:47 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
Unique wrote:So does that mean one day klopp will put a team
Out that can defend.

2008–09:  W-15  D-14  L-5   GF-60    GA-37    
2009–10:  W-16  D-9    L-9   GF-54   GA-42  
2010–11:  W-23  D-6    L-5   GF-67   GA-22    
2011–12:  W-25  D-6    L-3   GF-80   GA-25  

Yes... :coffee:
cheers cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 13, 2017 5:09 am

In the wake of Conte winning the EPL in delightful fashion, felt it was necessary to say how much of a fraud Pep has been for the EPL's image. Added nothing of value and was just plain old arrogant. Lost to some jobber French side in the R16 too.

To think some Pep fanboy in the UCL final thread had the unmitigated gall to talk about "quality".

Last edited by Doc on Sat May 13, 2017 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat May 13, 2017 5:16 am

I called Guardiola a hipster from the very beginning. Thinking he will finally be exposed in the EPL, I had lowered expectations for his maiden EPL season. I expected at most a 3rd place finish for his hipster ways and he is on route for the coveted 4th place finish. I have clearly overestimated this fraud even with lowered expectations.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat May 13, 2017 5:56 am

Next year is his year. Hate while you still can. As brother CB said, we may have lost the battle, but we will not lose the war. Molenation
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 13, 2017 2:37 pm

It all depends on the summer and whether City are smart enough to not trust Pep when it comes to transfers. My thinking is that since they're all buddy buddy with him, they won't.

They clearly need some quality in the midfield, right now Silva is the only one that can play football, and he's only available for seemingly half the matches.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat May 13, 2017 2:45 pm

A little harsh. His transfers this summer weren't that bad.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 13, 2017 2:48 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

They clearly need some quality in the midfield, right now Silva is the only one that can play football, and he's only available for seemingly half the matches.

Harsh on De Bruyne and Toure tbh.

From what i saw today that isn't their problem, their issue is they don't take advantage of teams when they are on top and once they lose momentum they struggle to regain it.

Part of this is because their fullbacks are shite, also when they concede a chance it usually ends up costing them. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat May 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:A little harsh. His transfers this summer weren't that bad.

Lol?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Wonder if Joao DELETE (English translation) is on Pep's radar. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 13, 2017 3:20 pm

He is notvery good, very talented but he is a portuguese Danilo lol. can be catastrophic in defense, often fielded as a winger for his team, youtube Laughing

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat May 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Don't know what it is about City, on paper they look tasty as *bleep*. Sure the defence could be better but imo there's no area on the pitch where they regularly live up to expectations, they're like a tier 2 team with a fair few tier 1 (In the league anyway) players.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat May 13, 2017 3:51 pm

ES wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:A little harsh. His transfers this summer weren't that bad.

Lol?

Sane and GJ have been amazing signings, Stones the jury is still out, Gundo when/if not injured is a solid player, Bravo turned sh!t, Nolito god knows what has happened.

All in all I don't think the the signing have been bad, especially if you consider Pep signings in the past.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat May 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Don't know what it is about City, on paper they look tasty as *bleep*. Sure the defence could be better but imo there's no area on the pitch where they regularly live up to expectations, they're like a tier 2 team with a fair few tier 1 (In the league anyway) players.
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Don't know what it is about City, on paper they look tasty as *bleep*. Sure the defence could be better but imo there's no area on the pitch where they regularly live up to expectations, they're like a tier 2 team with a fair few tier 1 (In the league anyway) players.

No fairness, they do create a lot of chances, so I'd say that's their strongest point, however they can't capitalize on those chances. They seem to also have 2 different half's many times, one half their dominating, another half they're holding on for dear life.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 13, 2017 3:56 pm

What i watched of them today they looked very fluid in attack when they were on top in the first half but couldn't maintain it.

Basically they struggle to punish teams when on top and defensively every chance they give up seems to go in or nearly do so lol.

I don't think they have players who are winners like Chelsea, who kill teams when they are on top even if they are talented.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 13, 2017 4:00 pm

amazing signings lead you to titles or at least close to them

GJ and Sane have been good to very good

rest have been gash

Nolito some create a winger from La Liga, scored a few tap ins never heard of again, Bravo rofl Gundogan a player that has been injured for half of his short career, gets injured 2 months into the season and misses the rest, terrible signing. Stones rofl

KDB has not lived up to expectations but looks decent enough

I may have been wrong about United this season in the league but I was spot on with my predictions about City and I don't think they're gonna get any closer next season either

Miles behind Spurs and Chelsea
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat May 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Oh they'll be more closer then United next season bank on that.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 13, 2017 4:23 pm

The signings have been poor, its indefensible. Around 120m for Stones, Gundogan, Nolito and Bravo.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 13, 2017 4:26 pm

Calling Gundogan a poor signing is wrong, what did he cost like £15m? he got injured it happens and even he's another Hargreaves it won't be that bad.

Stones, Bravo and Nolito are obviously very bad signings so far though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 13, 2017 4:31 pm

Of course he was a poor signing. So far he has played few minutes and been roughly irrelevant to their league campaign. He may turn out better, but as of this season, he has given no return.

To elaborate. If he was signed as an added bonus that may or may not come through then it would be one thing. But he was the only midfielder he signed. Major lack of foresight which makes Gundogan a poor choice. He is famously injury prone.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Harsh on De Bruyne and Toure tbh.

From what i saw today that isn't their problem, their issue is they don't take advantage of teams when they are on top and once they lose momentum they struggle to regain it.

Part of this is because their fullbacks are shite, also when they concede a chance it usually ends up costing them. Laughing
in my head I think of kdb as more of a winger, but I agree he is not useless. The others though, smh, good on their own right but not fit to play Pep style football.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat May 13, 2017 5:15 pm

rincon wrote:Of course he was a poor signing. So far he has played few minutes and been roughly irrelevant to their league campaign. He may turn out better, but as of this season, he has given no return.

To elaborate. If he was signed as an added bonus that may or may not come through then it would be one thing. But he was the only midfielder he signed. Major lack of foresight which makes Gundogan a poor choice. He is famously injury prone.

Isn't that why Gundo was signed? As a gamble to begin with? I mean he's injury prone, but I'm assuming City/Pep are hoping he can turn that round. Thiago was injured in his first 2 season at BM, now he's been quite solid for them 2 years without any major injury, Robben was made of glass before BM, Falcao also suffered a big injury, but he's been great at Monaco. I'm assuming here, but that's what I think Pep/City probably hoping it turns out for Gundo.

Pep has obsession for specific type of players, last summer City chased Bouncci, Laporte and Isco. He know's what he wants, but their aren't many players who fit in the above players category.

Sure you can say Stones, Gundo haven't lived up to expectation and have had a poor season, but it's hard to call them bad signing after one season.

Hypothetically speaking if City go on to win the league title, some side titles, a major push in CL or even winning it with those players playing a part are we going to consider them bad signing then? It's better after 2-3 season to make the claim. The same we can say with Sane/GJ who look solid, but they could end up being poor at the end of 2-3 seasons.

The reason why I said I don't think Pep/City window this transfer wasn't bad, because they have solid players in Sane/GJ who can become top players, Stones, I'd make it clear I don't have much faith in English players, but I'll give him a little leeway as the type of defender he is, I mean you and I can relate a little on this in regards to Pique and Bouncci in their young years. Gundo as I said is going to depend on overcoming the injuries. Nolito and Bravo are the only ones who don't seem to have a future, so one can say that they turned out to be flops.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sat May 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Stones was always going to be a long term buy. City will buy atleast 1 RB, 1 LB, 1 CB, 1 GK next season & their defense will be in order.

I can also see them buying a couple of CM's with Toure gone & Gundogan's injury history etc. I would have gladly taken Gundogan at Bayern, the level he was at Dortmund was epic & in many ways he is kind of my ideal CM at Bayern, but he is injury prone & going to be a gamble.

The tough more dicey buys seemed to be Gabriel & Sane & both seem to have worked out. Both players will get a lot better & shine next season. This is not a 1 year project. I can also see Pep buying another Winger next season !

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat May 13, 2017 5:28 pm

They aren't buying a GK. Any links to GK they were linked to has died done, Bravo started learning English and Valdes in the only GK they are linked too. I think Pep is more concerned with FB, CB, DM and another 1 or 2 attackers.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat May 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Problem with Nolito was that as soon as Sane gained form he never saw the pitch again, which makes sense considering Sane offers more.

Bravo was a massive flop, and no one could see that coming. At Barca he was considered the better shot stopper between him and Ter Stegen...now he can't save a shot if his life depended on it.

Gundogan is a great player who unluckily had a bad impact injury, I'd still give him a chance.

Stones has been poor, but to be fair he was put in an impossible position for anyone his age.

City needs to target quality for the defensive half of the team, as their defensive spine is awful. 4 of their back 5 needs replacement ASAP.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 13, 2017 5:50 pm

hmm

-------------------ter Stegen
---Walker---Boateng---Bonucci---Sandro
----------------------Weigl
--------------Verratti-----Silva
------Jesus----------Aguero-------Alexis

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next