The Demon of Carthage
Doc
halamadrid2
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Las Palmas vs Real Madrid Empty Las Palmas vs Real Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:35 pm

The league is already lost. The only thing left is to build chemistry between the players who will likely start in CL. Las Palmas is a tough team to beat away so we need to be wary of falling further behind Barca

Squad list:

Keylor Navas, Kiko Casilla, Rubén Yáñez, Carvajal, Arbeloa, Varane, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Nacho, Casemiro, Kovacic, Modric, Isco, Lucas Vázquez, Jesé, Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo and Borja Mayoral

Zidane has left out Kroos, Danilo and James. The first one I understand but the last two scratch particularly James who nweds every second to play himself into some sort of form.

Anyways the most likely line up:

Navas
Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Nacho
Modric-Casemiro-Isco
Lucas-Ronaldo-Bale

I hope Lucas keeps impressing until Zidane realises he is top important to miss out
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Las Palmas vs Real Madrid Empty Re: Las Palmas vs Real Madrid

Post by Doc Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:15 am

While the league is essentially long gone, would like to see some decent football for the very least. And Lucas, would like to see him start as well.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:09 am

Danilo not being included is a strange, albeit understandable decision. Z wants to rotate that RB spot, and fortunately for us, we now have two very reliable RBs to choose from. Danilo started the Roma game, so it's only fair that Carvajal gets the nod for this one. I just hope that Danilo won't get affected by this decision. He's been playing so well and it would be a shame for him to lose that momentum. Ideally, he should've played at LB today. Marcelo needs to hit the bench and think about his horrendous defensive display against Roma.

And James? The guy is struggling with poor form. He should've been included here, especially when there's nothing at stake. Poor decision by Z.

Kiko needs to start this one. Nacho and Varane should start as well. This would've been a great opportunity for Modric to take a breather. But with James not being included, it's unlikely to happen.

Benzema is injured...again. Why I'm not surprised?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:49 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdctItbW8AAFY1i.jpg

No Vaeane hmm well i suppose he isnt happy with his poor showings this season. Apart from that i got what i expected. Arbeloa against Las Palmas who nearly beat Barca though Shocked
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:13 pm

I didn't expect this lineup. Nacho on the bench? That's just unfair to a player who did surprisingly well every time he was called upon.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:20 pm

Isco seems out of it this game. Hopefully he turns up second half

Lucas :bow:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:22 pm

Lucas is so damn good. He better start in CL. Carvajal, Modric and Lucas are the source of all our chances. Dissapointed with Bale who hasnt at all been involved and Isco who needs to get his shat together

I am really liking our pressing. We arent giving Las Palmas any chance to get their passing game going. Casemiro has been awesome. The only chance they got was from an error. Seen too many errors in the last couple of games. We need to phase those out asap.

Apart from that, a really comfortable half. Owing alot to the inclusion of Casemiro and Lucas
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:24 pm

I disagree with all of you with James. This is probably a one time thing with james. and It's a lesson that he isn't a guaranteed starter. I know something like this will motivate him.

Casemiro and lucas :bow:

Okay so let's be real. Those two deserve to start at this point.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:26 pm

We got into the game slowly. We made many misplaced passes at the beginning which could've resulted in goals. But then we nullified their pressing game and our hard workers helped us with ball recovery and possession.

Nobody really stood out, except for Navas with that save.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:32 pm

Its so amazing how Navas is always so calm despite saving the sloppy players over and over without shouting their heads off. No wonder they like him so much Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:51 pm

Isco knows he had a poor game but it's not a big surprise he's been having same issues has James for the past what month or two but the focus is on the player that is not Spanish in Madrid
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:55 pm

Pepe has been so bad
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:03 pm

Pro-Technology for this sport.
Such a bullshit call
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:14 pm

As I'm writing this, Real Madrid is still 0-1 up. If we win this, it'll be totally undeserved. Absolutely disgraceful performance and we deserve to lose.

oh and I hope Pepe doesn't play for us in the CL this season.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:23 pm

defense 101 : never put your hands up when marking a cross...i don't get how pro defenders do this. not a good game at all. but i wasn't surprised
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:25 pm

My God what a dreadful second half. I could see that goal coming from a mile away

So so so so many mistakes. Pepe and Ramos getting turned inside out despite having 4 midfielders in front of them. Modric was abysmal but he has been overplayed. I cant fault the effort of the attacking players because they did their bit. Our CBs where just awful. Particularly Ramos gtfo please

Casemiro MOTM for that goal alone, Navas a close second for continuously saving these clowns

The reff rofl I swear to God I am better than him.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Eneide Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:27 pm

Pepe was so poor...glad that next week both those two clowns won't play.
Is that what Zidane is all about?Nothing special so far...this team is still playing so poorly. And he has been coaching them for quite some time.

Eneide
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:29 pm

1-2 final score. Two goals from two set-pieces. Still unable to score through direct play. Massive, massive problem that came with Rafa and is still vividly noticeable under Z.

Horrendous performance by Pepe. Disgraceful performance overall.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:32 pm

Ronaldo needs to play with benzema in the middle lol. He's great in the middle if he has someone to play off with. Nothing wrong about that, he's just more of an AM then a striker.

Pepe was god awful. Varane please save us.

Navas and casemiro :bow:.

Also, Jese made the difference wonderfully. The way he outmuscled that defender Laughing we have a shaqiri on our hands Laughing He has to be one of our strongest players

Last edited by FennecFox7 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:32 pm

Oh and wtf was Kova doing out there. Spent the whole time giving the ball away one of which resulted in a goal
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:18 am

Looks like players have gave up on La Liga. They played very carefully and avoided any kind of 50-50 challenges. It was evident they are not taking these games seriously. It will affect us negatively imo, a team can not just wish themselves to top form when a big game comes... Form is achieved through series of games which is why it was important to challenge for LA Liga to do well in CL.

On the game, everyone except Keylor Navas was bad.

Pepe is finished. I hope we get a young CB next season .

Also Casemiro can't play lone DM role well because of his short comings in passing game. He will prosper well in a double pivot however. We will need to get an anchor man if we still insist with playing one.

Players are getting tired with CR imo.. Look at them, when he recieves a pass no body makes any of the ball movement because they know he is going to shoot next. He has become a elephant in the room, pretty sure the forwards and isco, Lucas etc hate playing with him.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:20 am

Adit wrote:Looks like players have gave up on La Liga. They played very carefully and avoided any kind of 50-50 challenges. It was evident they are not taking these games seriously. It will affect us negatively imo, a team can not just wish themselves to top form when a big game comes... Form is achieved through series of games which is why it was important to challenge for LA Liga to do well in CL.

On the game, everyone except Keylor Navas was bad.

Pepe is finished. I hope we get a young CB next season .

Also Casemiro can't play lone DM role well because of his short comings in passing game. He will prosper well in a double pivot however. We will need to get an anchor man if we still insist with playing one.

Players are getting tired with CR imo.. Look at them, when he recieves a pass no body makes any of the ball movement because they know he is going to shoot next. He has become a elephant in the room, pretty sure the forwards and isco, Lucas etc hate playing with him.

we have Vallejo on loan but i think that we'll keep pepe till his contract runs out in 2017

vallejo better be ready by then
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:47 am

Adit wrote:Looks like players have gave up on La Liga. They played very carefully and avoided any kind of 50-50 challenges. It was evident they are not taking these games seriously. It will affect us negatively imo, a team can not just wish themselves to top form when a big game comes... Form is achieved through series of games which is why it was important to challenge for LA Liga to do well in CL.

I respectfully disagree with this part of your post, and here's why:

I don't think we played bad because we didn't take the game seriously or because we've given up on La Liga. If that was the case then why didn't we look like "we had given up on La Liga" when we skinned Vigo a week ago?

No. Truth is, we played bad because Las Palmas took advantage of our playing style, or lack thereof. We've become very predictable. Press us and we'll turn into headless chicken. We only play through the wings and we're unable to unlock defenses through direct play. That's why any half-decent team finds it so easy to isolate our strikers and nullify any attacking threat we have. The only thing they can't control is the danger from set-pieces, and not surprisingly enough, that's how we scored last night.

Our team doesn't really care about La Liga, but they don't hesitate to rout teams when they can. And the only reason we didn't hammer Las Palmas last night is because we simply couldn't.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:45 am

La Liga aside, the Euro is coming up this summer too. So players are going to shy away from contact unless the game means something... it's pretty standard. I don't like it but that's how it is. Most of the culprits are typically the veteran guys who feel this would be their last Euro/WC. Younger guys usually play hard regardless.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:30 am

That doesn't make any sense. I don't see any Barça players, or any elite team for that matter, shying away from contact. I didn't see us shying away from contact against Vigo. This is just an excuse to hide behind when we play bad.

Fact is, we were outplayed and we didn't play well. Simple as that. You can either call it what it is, or make up excuses for it.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next