Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

+49
BeautifulGame
Luca
Onyx
breva
Winter is Coming
VivaStPauli
Neutropin
futbol_bill
Thimmy
windkick
shadexticos
Mr Nick09
danyjr
dronte
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
Myesyats
Donuts
Lord Awesome
Based Bonera
Lex
Ion Creanga
Robespierre
Turok_TTZ
terrance511
zigra
CBarca
Curtinho
Socur Toxanarosa
sportsczy
matpol
Art Morte
Doc
Pedram
M99
BarcaLearning
chad4401
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
farfan
The Demon of Carthage
rincon
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
BORUSSIA!!
Lucifer
salmano9
Freeza
Cruijf
53 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 7 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 09, 2016 9:13 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
Lucifer wrote:

Ofcourse you would have
rofl

The last time we played Bayern and Barca, one got manita'd and the other were beaten 3-1 at their home ground being one man down. Laughing

And last time I checked we were European champs with second treble. Things change mate. Also speaking of last time when was the last time you won treble?

We have 32 league trophies, 10 CLs and 19 CDRs dude. Who the hell gives a damn about your treble rofl

Call me when Barca have these

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 7 B2LtDfNCIAA1tq_

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 7 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by Myesyats Mon May 09, 2016 9:32 pm

I find it pathetic to gloat about the la decima tbh.

Didn't they win most of these trophies during the horrible dictatorship period where soldiers threatened the players' lives?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon May 09, 2016 9:59 pm

Marcus Aurelius wrote:I find it pathetic to gloat about the la decima tbh.

Didn't they win most of these trophies during the horrible dictatorship period where soldiers threatened the players' lives?

Are we doing that thing where we pretend that Spain was some super power in the 50's /60's and that Franco had influece over who wins a Pan-European competition ? hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 09, 2016 10:02 pm

well, we both won 4 trophies in the new CL format competing against your greatest ever generation rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon May 09, 2016 10:06 pm

how old are you valk? lol how many times have you even seen your team win

bragging about what your team has done 60 years ago is so laughable..

but anyways back on topic, this thread is dumb the teams in the final deserve to be in the final, it's a fact not really debatable
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 09, 2016 10:11 pm

How is bragging about what your team won laughable?

So by 2050 messi and his trebles becomes a joke according to the same scale of measurement.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

well, we both won 4 trophies in the new CL format competing against your greatest ever generation rofl

No matter how good you are, it is not easy to get to the final (unless you get Wolfsburgs and Romas all the way through)

And when you get to the final, it often comes down to on who's side is luck on that occasion (like scoring a 94 min set piece...)

Madrid is also a great team, they always buy the hottest stars, it is hard not to expect them to win silverware.

And... during Barcelona's greatest period they've won around thrice more titles than Madrid...
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon May 09, 2016 10:22 pm

Adit wrote:How is bragging about what your team won laughable?

So by 2050 messi and his trebles becomes a joke according to the same scale of measurement.

did i say your trophies are jokes? no i said bringing it up as if it means something in todays real madrid is laughable.

especially considering 99% of the madrid fans *here* weren't even alive to see what happened and just talk about di stephano this or puskas that when at best all they've seen was youtube videos let alone the 1950's euro cups, i mean no joke can any real fan even name 20% of the squad that won those cups without doing the simple google search? but then they still brag about it. get real lmao
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Donuts wrote:
Adit wrote:How is bragging about what your team won laughable?

did i say your trophies are jokes? no i said bringing it up as if it means something in todays real madrid is laughable.

especially considering 99% of the madrid fans *here* weren't even alive to see what happened and just talk about di stephano this or puskas that when at best all they've seen was youtube videos let alone the 1950's euro cups, i mean no joke can any real fan even name 90% of the squad that won those cups without doing the simple google search? but then they still brag about it. get real lmao

Except that it means something today. It makes Madrid a unique club with double digit European cups. Don't know what exactly it has to do with anyone watching it or not.

Just because you didn't watch Barca win 92 CL doesn't mean you can only brag about the rest of the 3 lmao what kind of stupid logic is that?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon May 09, 2016 10:29 pm

Saying my grandfather was great fighter is fine, dragging grandfather to fight for you is not. End of.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 09, 2016 10:31 pm

That would hold water if we aren't in CL final.. End of.

Pray for Atleti going strong after this Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon May 09, 2016 10:33 pm

what does history mean to you adit??
should ajax fans and ac milan fans come out of their hole and start talking as if they are still relevant because of what they won however long ago that was?

yes real madrid is in the final that is an accomplishment but how is talking about winning 5 trophies in the 50's and 60's mean anything today's conversation.

or lets say in 40 years barcelona get relegated how would I talking about messi and his treble with barca hold any weight in the conversation lmao.

it wouldn't simple as that.

that's why i find it laughable.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 09, 2016 10:40 pm

Donuts wrote:what does history mean to you adit??
should ajax fans and ac milan fans come out of their hole and start talking as if they are still relevant because of what they won however long ago that was?

yes real madrid is in the final that is an accomplishment but how is talking about winning 5 trophies in the 50's and 60's mean anything today's conversation.

or lets say in 40 years barcelona get relegated how would I talking about messi and his treble with barca hold any weight in the conversation lmao.

it wouldn't simple as that.

that's why i find it laughable.

Yes it is immense achievement that no other club can show. So why is that it is bothering you that we can brag about it?

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 09, 2016 10:40 pm

Ajax and Milan will always be relevant due to their history... same with Liverpool.  It's called tradition.  Something nouveau rich clubs would know nothing about.  Barca is a nouveau rich club so it's normal that the fans don't understand Adit.  Let it go.  You can't make a tramp into a lady no matter how hard you try. You need a generation to pass. The kids of current Barca fans should be ok though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 09, 2016 10:43 pm

I can already imaging gl in 2050. Juventus fans won't be able to brag about their Pavel nedved lead team because it was 60 years ago. Sachi's Milan is irrelevant to Milan fans because they are shit now. Tell that to Milan fans.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon May 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Adit wrote:I can already imaging gl in 2050. Juventus fans won't be able to brag about their Pavel nedved lead team because it was 60 years ago. Sachi's Milan is irrelevant to Milan fans because they are shit now. Tell that to Milan fans.

Milan fans already know they're shit, we don't even need to tell them anymore

Anyways, I've refrained from posting in this topic because it has been an enjoyable read through

Yes, Real Madrid's road has been an easy one when compared with other teams or their counterpart Atletico
But, it is a draw-based tournament. You win the group to give yourself the best shot you can have and hope for the best. Match ups are everything
Does that mean Real Madrid don't deserve to be finalists? Remove your bias and this answer is very simple- they beat every team put in front of them

I'll take their road over Bayern right out of the group any day

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue May 10, 2016 5:46 am

sportsczy wrote:Ajax and Milan will always be relevant due to their history... same with Liverpool.  It's called tradition.  Something nouveau rich clubs would know nothing about.  Barca is a nouveau rich club so it's normal that the fans don't understand Adit.  Let it go.  You can't make a tramp into a lady no matter how hard you try. You need a generation to pass. The kids of current Barca fans should be ok though.
Top kek right on the money. Rather bold today, eh sports?

I bumped this thread and I am actually disappointed in the direction that this thread is going into. we really discrediting history and tradition now? really?

Juventus may be the top dog now but I know Milan will always be the more reputable team from italy for me anyways. Carlo's milan still the best football I've seen.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue May 10, 2016 6:44 am

sportsczy wrote:Ajax and Milan will always be relevant due to their history... same with Liverpool.  It's called tradition.  Something nouveau rich clubs would know nothing about.  Barca is a nouveau rich club so it's normal that the fans don't understand Adit.  Let it go.  You can't make a tramp into a lady no matter how hard you try.  You need a generation to pass.  The kids of current Barca fans should be ok though.

No one could or rather should belittle the achievements of both Milan's or Liverpool or Ajax. They are very prestigious clubs with very rich history. But even though they kinda are not doing so well nowadays we don't see them coming out every time and give us lecture about their history. They take it on chin and move on that's how real Men are no moaning, no whining and no insecurities. The fans of other so called rich and prestigious club on other hand have this very strong itch to to be appreciated and to be praised even when they have won exactly same no.of CL as Chelsea's and Same no.of league title as freaking Atletico in last eight years. That's insecurity for you, when u doubt about urselves u want people to appreciate u and tell you always how good you "were". Another example of insecurity is defending how they deserve to be in CL final, ofcourse you deserve to be in final u won the damn semis so stop explaining how you deserve it everytime a random troll trolls you. Your wife got pregnant, we know you made her so stop proving it to random people that ur the kids father, that doesn't add inches to you dck rather it makes you look insecure wuss.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 10, 2016 4:53 pm

sportsczy wrote:Ajax and Milan will always be relevant due to their history... same with Liverpool.
Relevant in what way? Liverpool is a laughing stock, nobody ever mentions how great they were, but only how shit they currently are.

I don't rate that post. A fan of a sugar daddy club has no idea about this situation at all.

Your plastic club never achieved anything without money or without a huge sponsor (don't even want to mention the famous dictatorship situation again...)

Your beloved 'club' never produced anything in a manner the great Barcelona has - they just steal, steal and steal.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Marcus Aurelius wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Ajax and Milan will always be relevant due to their history... same with Liverpool.
Relevant in what way? Liverpool is a laughing stock, nobody ever mentions how great they were, but only how shit they currently are.

Relevant in every way. Without history football is nothing.

It is the reason that even though Liverpool has been down for years they still attract players and managers that mask their table position. Its the reason for having so many fans, they are Liverpool. The fact that people keep mentioning how shit they currently are (like you said) is testament that they are still relevant cause people expect Liverpool to be better. No one is wasting time dissing Everton or West Ham.

Same with Ajax and Milan.

Marcus Aurelius wrote:
Your plastic club never achieved anything without money or without a huge sponsor (don't even want to mention the famous dictatorship situation again...)

Your beloved 'club' never produced anything in a manner the great Barcelona has - they just steal, steal and steal.

Really??? Laughing In what manner has the great Barcelona produced anything?
Are we now pretending that Barcelona aren't one of the richest clubs in the world and one of the biggest spenders in football?

Just off the top of my head. Arda, Suarez, Neymar, Fabregas, Sanchez, Ibrahimovic, Henry, Ronaldinho, etc, etc, etc.

Everyone wins with money.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Marcus Aurelius wrote:

I don't rate that post. A fan of a sugar daddy club has no idea about this situation at all.

rofl

I don't remember our club being involved in shady transfers like Neymar, Douglas or that Barca B kid bought this winter who is yet to play a game Laughing we have cash because we are the greatest team in the world. Your dominance in the last years won't change that. And you can bring Franco as much as you want, that 10 CLs were won on the football pitch and nothing you say will change that Laughing

Plastic club ? Laughing Barca became relevant 10 years ago mate after being our punching bag for a century
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 10, 2016 5:21 pm

Technically, the became really "relevant" in the 90s under old man Johan, God rest his soul. Before that, they were under the shadow of the two Madrid clubs during the 70s and 80s, probably would win La Liga now and then. Anyway, the "relevancy" died down under Gaspart who thought they had too much success so he became the cancer no one asked for.

Their relevancy went right back up in 2004, well, 2005 but whatever and they haven't looked like losing it for over 10 years now.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue May 10, 2016 5:24 pm

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Tue May 10, 2016 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 10, 2016 5:25 pm

rincon wrote:
Marcus Aurelius wrote:

Really??? Laughing In what manner has the great Barcelona produced anything?
Are we now pretending that Barcelona aren't one of the richest clubs in the world and one of the biggest spenders in football?

Just off the top of my head. Arda, Suarez, Neymar, Fabregas, Sanchez, Ibrahimovic, Henry, Ronaldinho, etc, etc, etc.

Everyone wins with money.
They've put in a minimal financial effort (compared to what RM spends for the hottest hits on the market)  in a team that has won an extraordinary amount of trophies over 4 years. You cannot roll without big sponsors for occasional spendings here and there if you want to stay at the top though. But if you have your whole team consisting of toys that a sugar daddy buys, it is the easy way. The way Barcelona did it, is a special way - a way of doing something that this certain plastic club is not capable of. This will be remembered and relevant for centuries.

rincon wrote:
Marcus Aurelius wrote:

Relevant in every way. Without history football is nothing.

It is the reason that even though Liverpool has been down for years they still attract players and managers that mask their table position. Its the reason for having so many fans, they are Liverpool. The fact that people keep mentioning how shit they currently are (like you said) is testament that they are still relevant cause people expect Liverpool to be better. No one is wasting time dissing Everton or West Ham.

Same with Ajax and Milan.
They don't attract GREAT players. They just lost Suarez and they replaced him with a one season wonder from bundesfodder. They landed Milner, which I feel doesn't need further explanation.

They are struggling to land Reus, they lost Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal.

Come on. They will be remembered but that is a very flexible case.

Not to mention Milan and Ajax are currently compeltely irrelevant on the market and in many aspects of the sport.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Tue May 10, 2016 5:28 pm

Marcus Aurelius wrote:

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 7 Cgoalleagcydotnet_raul

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 10, 2016 5:40 pm

Marcus Aurelius wrote:
They've put in a minimal financial effort (compared to what RM spends for the hottest hits on the market) in a team that has won an extraordinary amount of trophies over 4 years. You cannot roll without big sponsors for occasional spendings here and there if you want to stay at the top though. But if you have your whole team consisting of toys that a sugar daddy buys, it is the easy way. The way Barcelona did it, is a special way - a way of doing something that this certain plastic club is not capable of. This will be remembered and relevant for centuries.

Have some perspective. The world doesn't start and end with Madrid and Barcelona. "Minimal financial effort"? are you serious?? This is a team that together with Real Madrid monopolize the earnings in Spain. Just did a quick search and 3 of the 10 most expensive transfers ever are Barca's (Suarez, Neymar, Ibra). Almost every year they shell out big money. Certainly bigger than most teams in the champions league spend.

What is this "special way" that Barca did? They had a great generation of players in their academy for sure, but then you look at the team and they ALWAYS buy a ton. Bravo-Alves-Mathieu-Mascherano-Rakitic-Suarez-Neymar seems like a pretty expensive and big chunk of their 11 that came from outside (and thats not couting Alba and Pique who they also had to buy).

Look back and you see Ronaldinho-Henry-Eto'o-Yaya-Zambrotta-Keita-Marquez-etc.

Same as every other big club on the planet except you had Messi.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next