Is Bale the most important player for Real Madrid?

+34
Sushi Master
Myesyats
Bankz
Kebab
VanDeezNuts
chad4401
jibers
guest7
Mr Nick09
McAgger
Kick
Doc
Hapless_Hans
Pedram
Perucho21
Cruijf
CBarca
FennecFox7
Harmonica
futbol
sportsczy
Lord Awesome
Turok_TTZ
Thimmy
RealGunner
titosantill
The Demon of Carthage
Valkyrja
B-Mac
Art Morte
danyjr
halamadrid2
Lucifer
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is Bale the most important player for Real Madrid? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Bale the most important player for Real Madrid?

Post by jibers Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:13 pm

guest7 wrote:
jibers wrote:
guest7 wrote:LOL what

Bale along with CR has been weak so far

Benzemas the only one of BBC right now that's actually performing. Bale is still very much in CR shadow, he can't carry games for us like CR can

When was the last time cr 'carried' a game? Wolsburg? Before that he did zilch all season and zilch since then

The season just started and that was last season Laughing too early to say CR doesn't carry anymore even though right now he isn't.

Mr Nick09 wrote:Not sure what you are watching, Bale actually "move the chains", he leads, and thinks about creating for others. Goalscoring is not the only way you can impact a team's offense, and Bale is doing exactly that.

Bale isn't doing much, his crosses right now leads to nowhere, yes he has alot of touches and yes he looks fancy, but he is getting the ball nowhere. Isco today is a better example of a big impact without goals. Bale isn't doign that right now

That's my point. He hasn't carried Madrid to jack shit. One good game last year against a mediocre German team and flopped against every good team he has played against. He is a luxury player.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is Bale the most important player for Real Madrid? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Bale the most important player for Real Madrid?

Post by Kebab Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:37 pm

CR has been like this all year long. some statpadding and titles of his teams covered his overall game. Giving ballon dor to him will be a shame
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:40 pm

guest7 wrote:
jibers wrote:
guest7 wrote:LOL what

Bale along with CR has been weak so far

Benzemas the only one of BBC right now that's actually performing. Bale is still very much in CR shadow, he can't carry games for us like CR can

When was the last time cr 'carried' a game? Wolsburg? Before that he did zilch all season and zilch since then

The season just started and that was last season Laughing too early to say CR doesn't carry anymore even though right now he isn't.

Mr Nick09 wrote:Not sure what you are watching, Bale actually "move the chains", he leads, and thinks about creating for others. Goalscoring is not the only way you can impact a team's offense, and Bale is doing exactly that.

Bale isn't doing much, his crosses right now leads to nowhere, yes he has alot of touches and yes he looks fancy, but he is getting the ball nowhere. Isco today is a better example of a big impact without goals. Bale isn't doign that right now
you are talking about isco over the last game, i am talking about Bale since the season started, here lies the difference
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
guest7 wrote:
jibers wrote:

you are talking about isco over the last game, i am talking about Bale since the season started, here lies the difference

i'm talking about a performance that bale is yet to have, that impact isco had >>>>>> all of bales impacts this far in the season

BTW, this is why CR is our real leader, can carry games for us single handidly
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:44 pm

Bale is our only out and out winger. You can't expect him to have the same impact as Ronaldo or benzema who are actual strikers
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:46 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Bale is our only out and out winger. You can't expect him to have the same impact as Ronaldo or benzema who are actual strikers

Thumbs up

Agreed, I don't expect it. Just don't agree with OP.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:57 pm

How could anyone say bale has been reals most important player in the first place? Very Happy he's been good here and there but not to the point where he's even had one beastly game this season how much more becoming reals most important player.

IIRC, He didn't score a single goal and had 2 assists in Madrids CL campaign last season and just had just scored his first CL goal in almost 2 years last week ffs.. Very Happy infact the guy had only had one 20 goal season in his madrid career (22).. Guys I know we want to bash/hate ronaldo, even I want to too, but wow, take it easy guys..
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:13 pm

He has had a few poor games recently tbh but nothing like his 2 partners. He might not be our most important player because we have a few very important players on our squad that I'd rue losing over Bale or anyone else in the front 3 but he has been very good for us. He is going through a little purple patch right now which isn't noticeable because we keep winning. It's when we lose (points) the boo boys will come out in full force. Until then he is going to have time to play himself into form
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:29 pm

Just signed the biggest contract in football, 6 years at £600,000 a week before tax

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:35 pm

If it's 600k/w for real that pretty much confirms Ronaldo's contract extension too.

And, why the hell did we extend Bale's stay till 2022 when he'll be 33 ? rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:41 pm

I would wipe my ass with dollar bills if I earned this money
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Just signed the biggest contract in football, 6 years at £600,000 a week before tax

That's just plain silly
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:52 pm

Whut?

Are Madrid really earning that much in Bale shirt sales to make such a large contract feasible?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:56 pm

I haven't read anywhere that Bale will get that much. Whatever he gets its going to be considerably lower than what Ronaldo gets. You can bank on that
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:09 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Whut?

Are Madrid really earning that much in Bale shirt sales to make such a large contract feasible?
its not about sales shirt it's about brand value and retaining an elite player. The global deals we negotiate for tv Rights, sponsors and other are based on our brand value and marquee players

Diego Torres from ElPais reported that United made that offer to Bale to sign him and with the transfer ban coming we caved in negotiations, we had to match it. Not to mention that signing players of husband level is becoming increasingly difficult, and they quite simply don't run the streets
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:15 pm

what is 'husband level'?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:47 pm

I understand the commercial part of the deal, and that Madrid as a brand win all the same by retaining their "brand" of players. I know it's not just limited to shirt sales, and you pretty much earn a nice chunk of whatever Axe or Gilette commercial these guys are in.

But...

Hapless_Hans wrote:what is 'husband level'?

That would be my exact question to Nick. hmm

What the hell is a husband level player?

I mean, I know off the top of my head I'll think of Maldini or Raul or Alonso.

No homo.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:35 pm

Maybe Nick's been talking to RWO and thinks that 'husband level player' = goalkeeper?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:25 pm

LMAO! Laughing my phone's best typo yet
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Bale has suffered an ankle injury, Real Madrid has confirmed.

He "dislocated both of the peroneal tendons in his right ankle" and is out for 3 weeks (at the very least) and is definitely out of the El Classico.

Bale must completely rest for the next three weeks and depending on his progress, doctors will assess whether he will require surgery. If his condition does not improve after conservative, non-invasive
treatment, Bale will need to unedergo an operation and could be out for between six to eight weeks.

en.as.com/en/2016/11/23/football/1479913966_517471.html
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:37 pm

Doing all the work for Fakenaldo has it downsides.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:43 pm

It's so unfortunate that he's so injury prone. Like Robben we're being robbed of a great player in his prime.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:45 pm

Injury proneness also favors the steroid use he had in the summer of 2014. He is going through the Real Ronaldo syndrome where his tendons can't take the load of unnatural muscle growth. This is going to keep happening.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:54 pm

Called this already in 2014: http://www.goallegacy.net/t28499p400-cristiano-bale-appreciation-thread

Everything I say, based on truthful logic and reason, eventually will be proved correct. hmm
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Harmonica wrote:Injury proneness also favors the steroid use he had in the summer of 2014. He is going through the Real Ronaldo syndrome where his tendons can't take the load of unnatural muscle growth. This is going to keep happening.

I don't really care about all that stuff. Most top level athletes are on stuff these days (and in the past). Messi, the best player probably ever, didn't get his physical abilities from natural means either. I just like watching good players, and Bale is an exciting player to watch, so it sucks that he's oft injured regardless of the reason behind it.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Needs surgery, 3 months out.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next