Casciavit
rincon
Vlad the Impaler
Kaladin
dostoevsky
35 posters

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 20 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by GiancarloC Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:53 am

I was saying what I think... I'm not saying it will happen. Of course we'll have to see. We did buy the right players for the right positions though.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 20 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by giovanni_milan Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:55 pm

our movement vs bayern was surreal

i cannot wait to watch us under a bit of pressure

Sanches is the creative mid we have been missing for some time
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:49 pm

I dont like the Sanches signing, too much for a player of limited ability
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:22 pm

i woudnt say limited, unproven for sure but i would have taken him post euro and ill take him now

im 100% behind this one

his price is simply relative to our banking situation...they know we will fork it out

we need another creative spark and sanches has the potential to be like seedorf for us imho

giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:08 am

He has major potential, but it seems like wer'e showing restraint and not going for the asking price. Fassone wants him for a lower price and I can't blame them. They want 40 million... that's too big of a gamble.

We may fork out money, but we're not dumb. We spent 130 million on what? 9 players? We aren't stupidly stingy like under Galliani, but we're not dumb spenders like City.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:12 am

Remember when Spurs sold Bale and bought like 9 new players? Thats my worst case scenario
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:12 pm

ES wrote:Remember when Spurs sold Bale and bought like 9 new players? Thats my worst case scenario

Same. That and Liverpool after Suarez. The only difference is we sold the club not a player lol.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:11 pm

agreed boys, no sense spending nonsensically,

i would rather him be a loan with option, that way we can have an idea about him before we buy

the kid is good though, he would help us no doubt
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:46 pm

If he doesn't turn out to be good, and we're forced to pay 40 million... we could be in trouble. No obligation. Now Bayern is only saying a dry loan. I don't know they are impossible to deal with.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:00 pm

It is a valid concern , of course , that with such an overhaul things won't be straightforward. We do however keep up a sense of continuity and stability with certain players and Montella. On the positive side , players like Bonucci , Biglia , Kessie , Conti etc , won't take that much time to acclimate into things .

In any case , it's not written in the stars what happened with Tottenham could happen to us as well. It's a possibility , obviously , but i trust in Montella and the new guys from Serie A to make things easier for everyone.

On Sanches . I like him but i am carefree about it. I am completely fine with whatever Milan pays in order to sign him , but i trust in their judgement. If Fassone and Mirabeli decide Bayern wants too much , then so be it . The term 'nonsensically' is absolutely relative ; we may well rue the missed chance to get R.Sanches for 40-45m in 2-3 years time.

Then again , who knows maybe not , but in any case, Sanches is in a Pogba situation here , sort of. He just needs to find the right team that will allow him to progress as a player. Whether that's Milan or Bayern , or someone else. It's not like Bayern is desperate to make money with him , if they don't sell him for what satisfies them , they will simply dry loan him as Rummenigge said. And tbh they would be right to do something like this. We all would want Milan to do the same in a similar situation . So all in all , i will be fine with whatever they decide. We have a good team and it will only get better and better , with or without Sanches.

Can't wait for the game tonight , bring iiiiiit Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:15 pm

so hyped for the game, generally haven't felt excitement like this since 2011
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Dante, I think Milan want at least an option in there so they could take the players if they wanted to. We're no longer in the Galliani situation... Van Ginkel, Deulofeu, and Pasalic... two, arguably three, of these players had good times at milan and then left because it was just a dry loan. I don't want that type of situation anymore.

We took a gamble on Kessie for example and one that is going to pay off I believe. He's been a tank for us so far.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Where did i even say that we should get Sanches on a dry loan ? I said Bayern would do well to dry loan him if we decide not to satisfy their demands , Milan or anybody for that matter. I even said i am completely fine paying 40-45m for him , obviously meant buying him permanently , what else ? Was that really so hard to comprehend ?

Let me make it very clear , just in case. No i don't want Sanches on dry loan , nor anyone on a dry loan anymore . I am simply completely fine with whatever we pay for Sanches , either that's permanently , obligatory option , or just option to buy.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:34 pm

ES wrote:so hyped for the game, generally haven't felt excitement like this since 2011

oh i know . I know all too well how much i've missed this . It's the fact that we are finally looking forward to good players playing good football once more. The fact that the future looks bright for Milan once more , as it was always meant to be , makes every game exciting , whatever game that is.

Glad as fk that Fassone kept his promise , that the fans would get to dream again. We have a lot to look forward to once more.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:23 am

Sorry for the confusion on the dry loan issue. I misinterpreted what you posted.

The game wasn't incredible, but a solid performance from most of our players, barring a couple (Montolivo!). Ricardo Rodriguez though... wow.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:38 am

IMO, RR will go down as our best signing. Always thought of him as mini Marcelo, esp the way he carries Switzerland. Really happy to have him on our team.

Any word about the new striker?
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:57 am

I think F&M are reevaluating our choices. Unlike moving fast, we need to be sure before we spend 70 million euros. I think Aubameyang will be ours as everyone else has faltered in signing him. I personally think his will is to join Milan.

The negotiation for him will be complicated and possibly more lengthy.

We are certainly upgraded already, but we do need that cutting edge.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Though the prospect of seeing Aubameyang up front is sexier than Emily Blunt, I have a weakness for minor improvements across the squad. It's really a thing with me.

I mean, when I think that we may get rid of Sosa and Paletta and get Badelj and Kjaer instead... it just fills me with so much excitement. We are also linked with Benassi (finally an Italian) who can replace Locatelli and Mauri. Awesome, man; awesome.

For all the magnificent, fantasy-football transfers we've had, and despite my immeasurable gratitude toward Mr. Li and Fassobelli, I'm really disappointed we haven't signed lightning-quick attacking players yet. Aubameyang is the fastest CF in the world and quite welcome, but not enough. Man, we should've signed that guy Salah... what a shame. Still, I'm sure there is every possibility to sign one by 31 August.

Lastly, and you may be devastated by this: I like Montolivo A LOT! I used to enjoy watching him and Aquilani back when they were young, and I fantasized about my Milan signing the two most promising Italian midfielders one day. Ironically, we did, and they both sort of disappointed, although to be fair in very different ways. Still, I believe in Montolivo and I loved his performances against Bayern and Craiova. Just like the guy so much; sue me!
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:12 pm

I thought Montolivo was bad against Craiova. He was better several seasons ago when he first joined us. Now he is just a hindrance.

I am sure we will try to get another winger and mid too. We just need to have some patience I guess.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:34 pm

There's still a month left to complete the mercato , i think it's good they won't hurry to make the last transfers . Especially after signing all these players. Hopefully they choose well. Something still worries me though.

That Niang might stay. I simply cannot guess how he does it anymore.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:02 pm

I think we are going for Kalinic and Sanches to finish off the mercato, Belotti and Aubmeyang and pretty much ruled out by now

As well, about Montolivo...no doubt he is not physically the player he was even 2 years ago, but the whole team looked a little gittery, including him

I do think when this team settles he has a role, he very much does direct play and supplemented by the general Bonucci i think it can work well

Really impressed with our number 22, his skill on the ball reminds me of the way Thiago Silva used to be, very nimble, he was a coup of a signing

R.Rod is also another excellent piece of business, he will grow amazingly in that role

Also cutrone...wow this kid has some movement, why arent we giving him more of a chance? i read he has made the first team, hope he stays

Dante, on Niang, Montella set clear goals for him on that loan to watford, he obviously feels that Niang has matured more and sees him becoming more consistent this season. He is very frustrating, almost as much as any milan player has been, but i felt as though he would always blossom once given a chance, lets see how he does in a supplementary and not necessarily a starting role, if he can earn a spot then maybe hes worth keeping.

Again though, wait till the maestros of Bonucci and biglia take part, both of these players were key to the systems of Juventus and Lazio. i see our squad getting very hyped after that

giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:17 pm

correction: we have approached Zlatan and Costa

Would take either
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:28 pm

Kalinic is such a disappointment and I don't think he is close at all. We want to offer 20 million at most, and Fiorentina isn't going for that. Plus it would be disappointing to fans and I don't think management wants that.

Aubameyang and Diego Costa are the two top possibilities right now. It is Belotti that is pretty much ruled out.

You don't have such a great mercato, to finish off with signing someone like Kalinic.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:30 pm

Diego Costa also is said to have given up on Atletico, and would want a move now rather than later. That plays into our hands. Costa is a top class striker.

As far as Zlatan, I would be wary on that one. He is much older. Maybe a short term contract.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:47 pm

Yeah Kalinic wouldnt necessarily be the cherry on top, at the same time, they will go for him if thats all thats available

If we get Costa this mercato has to be rated 10/10

I dont assume we would give Zlatan a three year deal, but we also tend to lengthen players careers especially in their twilight and although i dont want to get back to the days of the squad being all over 30, Zlatan is a legend and my personal bias for him would love for it to happen again, lots of players have returned to us after leaving

Honestly, this mercato has gone so well that i assume i will be content with whatever comes in the next month, we are more than spoiled this mercato, to make up for the last 5-7

As well, i would hope the management is looking to see how this squad performs before identifying any more targets beyond the attacking mid and striker situations, Montella had a very average squad and took them to 4th, i dont imagine this squad as is wouldnt be able to repeat the same
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:20 pm

I don't think management is too keen on Kalinic and there are other players that are definitely available. Kalinic is a huge liability too considering he is one of the most inconsistent strikers. We may as well just keep Bacca then spending 30 million on mediocrity.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next